Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:02]

AND IS ALL RIGHT.

UH, WELL, GOOD MORNING AND WELCOME TO OUR GOOD AFTERNOON.

RATHER.

IT IS 1203 AND WE ARE OFFICIALLY CALLING THE CAPITOL METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY BOARD OF ORDER.

IT'S MONDAY, MARCH 29TH AT 12 NOON.

UM, MY NAME IS JEFF TREVELYAN AND I'M CHAIRING THE MEETING TODAY.

UH, OUR, OUR CHAIR, UH, IS ILL AND, AND AWAY FROM THE, UH, FROM THE OFFICE TODAY.

AND, UH, SO THEREFORE MY FIRST RESPONSIBILITY AS VICE CHAIR WILL BE TO, UH, TO CONDUCT THE MEETING.

UM, THANK YOU FOR JOINING US ON THIS MEETING.

UM, BEFORE WE GET STARTED AND WANT TO POINT OUT A COUPLE OF LOGISTICAL ITEMS ARE FIRST OF ALL, UH, PLEASE BE REMINDED TO KEEP YOUR MICROPHONE ON MUTE UNLESS YOU'RE SPEAKING.

AND AFTER YOU SPEAK, IF YOU WOULD REMEMBER TO MUTE YOURSELF AGAIN, WE'D APPRECIATE THAT.

ALSO, WHEN IT COMES TO VOTING ITEMS, I'LL BE ASKING BOARD MEMBERS FOR A VERBAL VOTE, UH, JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL OF THE, UH, WITH THE OPEN RECORDS, RULES, AND OPEN MEETINGS DOCUMENTATION.

SO I WANT TO REMIND YOU THAT, THAT, UM, WHEN WE'RE HAVING, PARTICULARLY WHEN WE'RE HAVING A VOTE, IF YOU WOULD STAY VISIBLE, UH, AND, AND, UH, LEAVE YOUR CAMERA ON AT ALL TIMES, IF POSSIBLE, EVEN IF YOU'RE WEARING THE HAT OF AN NCAA TEAM THAT MIGHT BE PLAYING TODAY, UH, I SEE A BAYLOR, SO I WANTED TO SHOUT BAYLOR OUT.

UM, WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT, UH, THAT THE PUBLIC IS ABLE TO SEE, AND WE'RE ABLE TO DOCUMENT WHERE THE VOTE IS TAKEN.

UH, FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS TODAY IS

[I. Public Comment ]

GOING TO BE A PUBLIC COMMENT.

UM, BEFORE, BEFORE WE BEGIN THAT PROCESS, I WANT TO MAKE MENTION THAT OUR POLICY ALLOWS SPEAKERS TO SIGN UP EITHER FOR A, FOR THE PUBLIC COMMENT PORTION OR, UH, TO, UH, SPEAK ON A PARTICULAR ITEM AS THAT ITEM IS, UH, BEING PRESENTED AND BEFORE THE VOTE IS TAKEN, AND SOME PEOPLE MAY CHOOSE TO SPEAK IN BOTH OF THOSE SPACES.

UH, BUT WE, WE JUST WANT TO POINT OUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SEE OUR SPEAKERS, AND WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT, UH, THEY INDICATE WHO THEY ARE, WHAT THEY'RE SPEAKING ABOUT.

AND, UH, AND WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT, UH, THAT EVERYONE HAS SIGNED UP AHEAD OF TIME.

SO, UM, IF, IF WE DON'T HAVE YOU SIGNED IN, WE, WE, UH, CAN'T RECOGNIZE YOU.

SO, UH, JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'VE, WE, UH, WE PAY ATTENTION TO THE, UH, TO THOSE RULES AND PROCEDURES.

AND, AND AS WE GO ALONG, IF, IF, UH, SOMETHING UNUSUAL HAPPENS, WE WILL SPEAK TO OUR, TO OUR BOARD ATTORNEY AND MAKE SURE THAT THINGS ARE DONE PROPERLY AND IN ORDER AND IN ORDER.

YEAH, I UNDERSTAND THAT TODAY WE HAVE TWO SPEAKERS SIGNED UP.

UM, I KNOW THAT ONE OF THEM HAS ELECTED TO WAIT AND SPEAK AFTER OUR RED LINE DISCUSSION.

UM, BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT, UM, THAT SUSAN PENTEL IS HERE AND AVAILABLE TO SPEAK TO US.

MS. BENTEL, ARE YOU THERE? YES.

UM, SO WOULD YOU, YOU HAVE THREE MINUTES, THANK YOU.

I WANTED TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT THE PICKUP SERVICE, AND I WANTED TO BUILD ON SOMETHING THAT CHAIR COMPER SAID AFTER THE STAFF PRESENTATION, AND ALSO THE QUESTIONS BY BOARD MEMBER MITCHELL.

UM, YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE IS THE BUS SERVICE, AND THIS PICKUP IS AN ADDED SERVICE.

SO WHAT THE STAFF IS PROPOSING IS TO EVALUATE AN EVALUATION SYSTEM, TO COMPARE A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT PICKUP LOCATIONS WITH EACH OTHER, UH, TO EVALUATE DIFFERENT PICKUP LOCATIONS.

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING IS COMPARING PICKUP WITH IMPROVEMENTS TO THE FIXED BUS SERVICE.

SO FOR EXAMPLE, THERE MAY BE A LOCATION WHERE YOU SHOULD ADD FREQUENCY TO THE BUS, OR YOU SHOULD EXTEND THE BUS LINE AND YOU SHOULD BE DOING A COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS, A COST PER PASSENGER MILE FOR PICKUP EXPANDING PICKUP VERSUS, UH, IMPROVING THE FIXED BUS SERVICE.

FOR EXAMPLE, MS. JOSEPH HAS SPOKEN TO YOU A NUMBER OF TIMES ABOUT A BUS LINE IN NORTHEAST AUSTIN THAT ONLY RUNS EVERY 60 MINUTES.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A COMPARISON OF IMPROVING THE FREQUENCY ON THAT BUS LINE VERSUS ADDING THESE PICKUP SERVICES I SUPPORT PICK UP, BUT I'M CONCERNED THAT YOU'RE MOVING TOO QUICKLY AND IT IS AN EXPENSIVE SERVICE.

THAT'S WHY THERE ISN'T PICKUP ALL OVER THE COUNTRY OR,

[00:05:01]

YOU KNOW, CAP METRO.

HASN'T BEEN DOING IT FOR MANY YEARS BECAUSE IT'S RELATIVELY EXPENSIVE PER PASSENGER PER PASSENGER MILE.

SO I'M ASKING THAT YOU PLEASE ASK THE STAFF BEFORE YOU APPROVE THEIR EVALUATION THAT THEY DO.

IN ADDITION, COMPARISONS OF IMPROVING THE BEST SERVICE WITH THE PICKUP SERVICE.

I ALSO WANTED TO SAY THAT I EMAILED THE STAFF SHARMILA ABOUT THIS.

I APOLOGIZE.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY HER LAST NAME.

I DID NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM HER AND I HAVE BEEN ACTIVE WITH CAPITAL METRO FOR MANY YEARS.

I EMAILED THE STAFF OCCASIONALLY, MAYBE TWO OR THREE TIMES A YEAR.

I DON'T RECALL A TIME THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM THE STAFF.

SO THAT CONCERNS ME.

I REALLY HOPE YOU'RE NOT MOVING IN A DIRECTION OF LESS RESPONSIVENESS THE STAFF, UM, BECAUSE I, I DON'T THINK SHE'S GETTING HUNDREDS OF EMAILS THAT W THAT WOULD BE A CONCERN, BUT AN OCCASIONAL EMAIL FROM A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC.

I DO THINK THAT THE STAFF SHOULD BE, SHOULD BE RESPONSIVE TO THAT.

THANK YOU.

OKAY.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO CALL IN AND COMMENT.

UH, WE WILL FOLLOW UP ON THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU'VE ASKED TO SEE WHERE THE ANSWERS ARE, UH, IN THE, IN THE PROCESS.

UM, BUT I THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS TODAY.

A SECOND, UH, PERSON, UH, TOM WALL WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK, BUT IT WILL, HE WANTS TO SPEAK ON DISCUSSION ITEM TWO.

SO WE WILL CALL HIM UP AFTER THE LAYOUT OF DISCUSSION ITEM TWO, BUT BEFORE THE VOTE THAT WE TAKE, ALL RIGHT, UM, LET'S SEE WHAT, WHAT WE WANT TO DO ON NEXT ON THE AGENDA IS WE HAVE, UH, SOME CONSULTANTS WHO ARE JOINING US FOR ONE OF OUR DISCUSSION ITEMS, AND WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THEM NEXT SO THAT, UH, SO THAT WE CAN BE CONSCIOUS OF THEIR TIME AND, UH, AND HEAR WHAT

[VII.1. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Policy Updates ]

THEY HAVE TO SAY.

UH, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE TITLE SIX, SO RIGHTS ACT OF 1964 POLICY UPDATES.

AND I UNDERSTAND THAT LARGE DIETER WITH HILARY CAVITA AND TINA SPENCER HERE FROM AGENT DB.

WELL, GOOD AFTERNOON, UH, CHAIR TREVELYAN, UH, MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, PRESIDENT CLARK.

I AM A, UH, LAWRENCE THEATER, PRINCIPAL PLANNER WITH SHORT RANGE PLANNING.

AND, UH, IT IS, I CAN'T SEE THE PRESENTATION ON MY SCREEN YET.

SO I'M HOPING IT'S IN THE PROCESS OF BEING PULLED UP.

UM, TODAY OUR TEAM WILL PRESENT, UH, REGARDING UPDATES, CAPITAL METRO IS MAKING TO OUR TITLE SIX PROGRAM, UM, THROUGH OUR GENERAL PLANNING CONSULTANT CONTRACT CAPITAL.

METRO HAS HIRED OUTSIDE EXPERTISE TO ASSIST US IN, IN THIS PROCESS.

I'M JOINED TODAY AS, UH, CHAIR TREVELYAN MENTIONED WITH, WITH, UH, TINA SPENCER, WITH NWC PARTNERS AND HILARY CULTIVATOR WITH HMTB W W AGAIN, TODAY, WE'RE GOING TO JUST START A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE PROCESS.

NEXT SLIDE.

I KNOW SIX OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964 IS GUIDING OUR PROCESS AND OUTCOMES OF THIS PROJECT NEXT.

SO TODAY OUR CONVERSATION WILL FOCUS ON FOUR MAIN COMPONENTS.

FIRST, WE'RE GOING TO PROVIDE AN OVERVIEW.

WE WANT TO JUST GIVE THE BOARD AND THE PUBLIC SOME BACKGROUND ON WHY WE ARE HERE AND WHY CAPITAL METRO IS UPDATING THESE POLICIES.

NOW, UH, THEN WE'RE GOING TO DIVE INTO SOME SPECIFICS ON THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN, THE APPROACH WE'LL BE TAKING AND THE OUTCOMES, THEN WE'RE GOING TO DO THE SAME THING WITH OUR TITLE SIX RSAS.

WE'RE GOING TO TALK THROUGH OUR APPROACH TO UPDATING THREE SPECIFIC CLASSES.

AND FINALLY, WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE SCHEDULE AND WHAT THESE MEAN FOR THE BOARD ADOPTION PROCESS.

AND ULTIMATELY THE SUBMITTER TO THE FTA CAPTIO METRO IS ANTICIPATING AND CHANGES TO ITS POLICIES TO REFLECT THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT.

AS WE ALL KNOW, AUSTIN IS A GROWING CITY.

WE'VE HAD SOME SIGNIFICANT SERVICE CHANGES IN THE PAST WITH CADBURY MAP, AND WE NEED TO BE READY.

UH, AND BEFORE THINKING FOR PROJECT CONNECT, TODAY'S DISCUSSION WILL BE AN INTRODUCTION TO THIS TOPIC.

AND THEN WE'LL BE KIND BACK TO YOU TWICE THROUGHOUT THE, THROUGH THE PROCESS.

AND NOW I'M GOING TO TURN IT OVER

[00:10:01]

TO TINA SPENCER, WHO WILL START WITH A BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF HERSELF AND ENSURE SHOW, GIVE, UH, THE REST OF THE PRESENTATION TO THE END, AND I'LL JOIN YOU ALL BACK.

AM I THERE? AM I MUTED? I CAN HEAR YOU NOW.

GREAT.

I'M TINA SPENCER.

I'M FROM A VERY SMALL TWO PERSON TEAM IN THE BAY AREA OF CALIFORNIA, UM, CALLED NWC PARTNERS.

AND MY EXPERTISE IS CIVIL RIGHTS AND TITLE SIX SPECIFICALLY.

UM, SO WHAT ARE THE TITLE? SIX REQUIREMENTS, UM, TITLE SIX STATES THAT ALL AGENCIES OPERATING 50 OR MORE PEAK VEHICLES THAT RECEIVE FEDERAL ASSISTANCE MUST ENSURE THAT ANY DISCRETIONARY ACTION THAT THEY TAKE RESULTS IN A FAIR DISTRIBUTION OF IMPACTS, AND THAT'S BOTH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE.

UM, THIS INCLUDES CHANGES TO SERVICE AND FAIRS, BUT IT ALSO INCLUDES HOW YOU COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PUBLIC AS A RECIPIENT OF FEDERAL FUNDS, CAPITAL.

METRO'S A NUMBER OF BROAD AND FAR REACHING REQUIREMENTS THAT THEY MUST DEMONSTRATE THAT WE'RE GOING TO GO OVER.

THIS INCLUDES ESTABLISHING POLICIES FOR ANALYZING SERVICE AND FAIR CHANGES, AS WELL AS ESTABLISHING PRACTICES TO ENSURE THAT MINORITIES AND LOW-INCOME POPULATIONS HAVE THE SAME ACCESS TO THEIR SERVICES AND THEIR DECISION-MAKING.

YOU'RE ALSO REQUIRED TO MONITOR SERVICE AGAINST ESTABLISHED STANDARDS TO ENSURE THAT DECISIONS ABOUT SERVICE DELIVERY RESULT IN A FAIR AND EQUITABLE SERVICE.

AND THE UPDATES TO THE ENTIRE TITLE SIX PROGRAM ARE REQUIRED EVERY THREE YEARS, WHICH IS WHY WE'RE COMING TO YOU.

FAILURE TO COMPLETE A TITLE SIX PROGRAM CAN RESULT IN DELAY OR FORFEITURE OF FEDERAL, FEDERAL GRANT FUNDS.

AND THIS IS ESPECIALLY CRITICAL FOR AGENCIES THAT PLAN ON RECEIVING FEDERAL FUNDS FOR LARGE SCALE CAPITAL PROJECTS, SUCH AS THOSE THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH PROJECT CONNECTS.

THERE ARE A LOT OF ELEMENTS TO THE TITLE SIX PROGRAM.

WE WERE DISCUSSING JUST A FEW OF THOSE TODAY.

UM, NEXT, SO THIS IS THE LIST OF ALL THE TITLE SIX PROGRAM ELEMENTS THAT YOUR AGENCY IS PREPARING THAT HAVE TO BE APPROVED BY THE BOARD PRIOR TO BEING SUBMITTED TO THE FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION.

WE HAVE BEEN HIRED TO HELP WITH THE ELEMENTS IN GREEN THAT WE'LL DISCUSS DURING OUR MEETING.

IF YOU DO REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE OTHER TITLE, SIX ELEMENTS, UH, LAWRENCE CAN, CAN LIKELY SCHEDULE AN UPDATE ON THOSE.

YOU COULD GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

WHAT IT WE'RE GOING TO DISCUSS TODAY IS THE PROCESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE THREE AREAS THAT I MENTIONED IN GREEN, AND THEY ARE THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN AND THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS FOR PROVIDING LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE TO PERSONS WITH LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY, THE TITLE SIX POLICIES, INCLUDING THE DISPARATE IMPACT DISPROPORTIONATE BURDEN OF MAJOR SERVICE CHANGE POLICY AND THE PROCEDURES FOR MONITORING SERVICE.

IF YOU GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE, THE FIRST THING THAT WE'RE GOING TO DISCUSS IS THE LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY PLAN.

AND IF YOU COULD GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE, LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY POPULATIONS ARE THOSE THAT RESPONDED ON THE CENSUS THAT THEY SPEAK ENGLISH LESS THAN VERY WELL AS YOU'RE WELL AWARE.

AUSTIN IS GROWING AND CHANGING.

AND ALONG WITH THAT GROWTH, THERE ARE LEP POPULATIONS THAT ARE IN YOUR SERVICE AREA THAT MAY NEED LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE TO ACCESS YOUR SERVICE AND PARTICIPATE IN CAPITAL METRO DECISION-MAKING.

AND I MIGHT ADD THAT SERVICE YOUR SERVICES, MEANING ANYTHING FROM LOST AND FOUND A TRIP PLANNING TO SERVICES.

AND WE CAN DISCUSS THAT A LITTLE BIT MORE LATER, JUST FOR CONTEXT, THE TOP PLAN AT THE TOP LANGUAGES THAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR AREA SPANISH, AS YOU KNOW, IS PREDOMINANT.

BUT CURRENTLY THE LANGUAGE HAS ALSO INCLUDE VIETNAMESE CHINESE MANDARIN OR CANTONESE TO LUGO, WHICH IS AN INDIAN LANGUAGE, KOREAN, ARABIC, BUT MANY OTHER LANGUAGES MAY BE WITHIN THE SAFE HARBOR THRESHOLD MAY NEED LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE.

THE SAFE HARBOR THRESHOLD STATES THAT IF ANY LANGUAGE GROUP CONSTITUTE 5% OR A THOUSAND PERSONS, WHICHEVER IS LESS THAN TRANSLATION OF VITAL DOCUMENTS MIGHT BE REQUIRED.

AND BECAUSE YOUR AREA MAY HAVE A NUMBER OF SAFE HARBOR LANGUAGES, THERE MAY BE DOCUMENTS THAT YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE WRITTEN TRANSLATIONS FOR THE GENERAL DEFINITION OF VITAL DOCUMENTS IS ANY DOCUMENT THAT IF IT WEREN'T TRANSLATED WOULD RESULT IN RESTRICTING ACCESS TO SERVICES OR INFORMATION, AND WE'RE WORKING WITH CAPITAL METRO TO DEFINE WHAT THEIR VITAL DOCUMENTS ARE.

IT TYPICALLY INCLUDES THINGS LIKE LEGAL NOTICES, NOTICE OF TITLE SIX BENEFITS, HOW TO FILE A TITLE SIX COMPLAINT NOTICE FOR HOW TO GET LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE INTAKE FORMS ASSOCIATED POTENTIALLY WITH ADA OR OTHER SERVICES OR OTHER RELATED DOCUMENT DOCUMENTATION OR INFORMATION ABOUT SERVICE OR FARE CHANGES THAT MIGHT RESULT IN A REDUCTION OF, OR DENIAL OF SERVICES.

THE GOAL IN ALL OF THIS IS TO PROMOTE FULL AND FAIR PARTICIPATION IN BOTH SERVICE.

AND DECISION-MAKING WITHOUT REGARD TO ONE'S ABILITY TO SPEAK ENGLISH.

AND IF YOU COULD GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE.

SO THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN

[00:15:01]

REALLY GUIDES HOW CAPITAL METRO WILL COMMUNICATE WITH THE LEP POPULATIONS THAT SERVES TITLE SIX REQUIRES THE DEVELOPMENTAL LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN EVERY THREE YEARS.

AND IT PROVIDES REAL WORLD GUIDANCE ON HOW THE AGENCY WILL PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO THOSE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH LESS THAN VERY WELL.

THERE ARE SEVERAL ELEMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF LAP.

FIRST WE'RE CONDUCTING INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL OUTREACH TO GET A SENSE OF NOT ONLY HOW LEP POPULATIONS WANT TO BE COMMUNICATED WITH, BUT HOW CAPITAL METRO PROVIDES LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE CURRENTLY IN SUCH A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT, THE UP THE LEP LAP IS UPDATED TO COINCIDE WITH YOUR TRAIL TITLE SIX PROGRAM UPDATE TO ADDRESS ANY SPECIFIC DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGES TO YOUR SERVICE AREA.

AND THAT INCLUDES LANGUAGES, BUT IT ALSO INCLUDES NEW METHOD OF COMMUNICATION THAT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE WHEN YOU FIRST DID YOUR LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN.

FOR EXAMPLE, THE USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA WAS NOT RELIEVING CONSIDERED IN PRIOR PLANS, BUT REALLY IS HIGHLY USED NOW TO ACCESS RIDER POPULATIONS AND TO HELP IN PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT.

THIS IS PARTICULARLY CRITICAL FOR PROJECT CONNECTS, AS YOU MOVE FORWARD ON FUTURE PLANNING AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, AND REALLY WANT TO GET THE PUBLIC INVOLVED.

IF YOU COULD GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE, AS I MENTIONED, THERE ARE THREE MAJOR COMPONENTS IN THE UPDATE PROCESS THAT WE WILL GO OVER MORE FULLY IN THE FOLLOWING SLIDES.

AND THEY'RE ALL AIMED AT ENSURING THAT THE ABILITY TO SPEAK ENGLISH IS NOT A BARRIER TO ACCESSING YOUR SERVICES.

AND THEY INCLUDE, AS I MENTIONED, PUBLIC OUTREACH, BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONDUCTING THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS.

AND WE WILL HAVE A LONG SLIDE ON THAT AND THEN DEVELOPING THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN AND LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE MEASURES TO REFLECT THE OUTCOME OF BOTH THE OUTREACH AND THE ANALYSIS.

AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO GO BRIEFLY OVER THE OUTREACH ON THE LAP.

NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

THERE ARE SEVERAL AREAS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE OUTREACH OF THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, WE INTEND TO ENGAGE OUR COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS OR CBOS AS THEY'RE CALLED AS THE WORKHORSE OF THE LEP OUTREACH.

WORKING WITH CBOS IS ACTUALLY A GOLD, NOT ONLY A GOLD STANDARD FOR REACHING TARGETED COMMUNITIES, BUT IT BRINGS THE ISSUE TO WHERE THE GROUPS ARE.

INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT THEY'LL COME TO YOU.

UM, CBS CAN INCLUDE PLACES OF WORSHIP OR OTHER GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATIONS OR EVEN BUSINESS GROUPS, AND ARE TYPICALLY WELL-TRUSTED BY THEIR, BY THEIR LEP CONSTITUENTS.

AND THEY MAY UNDERSTAND THEIR CONSTITUENCIES IN A WAY THAT A PUBLIC AIDS AGENCY MAY NOT.

UM, CBO OUTREACH ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO GET A REALLY BIGGER BANG FOR THE BUCK, UM, CAUSE YOU CAN USUALLY REACH FOR A LOT OF FOLKS EFFECTIVELY AND QUICKLY.

UM, WE ALSO INTEND TO HAVE BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SURVEYS TO UNDERSTAND THE NEEDS OF LEP RIDERS AND WHAT TYPES OF SERVICES OR INFORMATION THEY MAY ACCESS.

THIS IS PART OF THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS THAT WE'LL DISCUSS IN THE NEXT SLIDE.

NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS IS A PROCESS THAT THE FEDERAL GUIDANCE STATES THAT WE MUST FELLOW FOLLOW TO DEVELOP THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN.

IT'S REALLY THE GUTS OF THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN AND EACH FEDERAL AGENCY WHO RECEIVES ANY FEDERAL GRANTS OR AGENCIES THAT RE RE RECEIVE ANY FEDERAL GRANTS REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OR THE, OR THE FEDERAL AGENCY THAT PROVIDES THE FUNDS HAS TO CONDUCT A FOUR-FACTOR AGENCIES, UH, FOR A FACTOR ANALYSIS, EVEN AGENCIES LIKE THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, WE ALL HAVE TO CONDUCT A FOUR FACTOR ANALYSIS AND WHILE IT'S A REQUIREMENT TO CONDUCT THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS, IT REALLY ALSO PROVIDES AN EXCELLENT FRAMEWORK FOR UNDERSTANDING YOUR AGENCY'S LANGUAGE NEEDS AND HOW TO ADDRESS THOSE NEEDS FACTOR WISE, EXCUSE ME, ONE SECOND.

I THINK WE ARE THREE SLIDES BEHIND AND WE WE'RE STILL ON WHAT IS LANG THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN.

AND I THINK THAT WE HAVE, WE HAVE USED THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE PLAN, UPDATE PROCESS, THEN THE OUTREACH APPROACH.

AND NOW WE'RE ON THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS.

I THINK THAT WE MIGHT BE, UH, SEVERAL SLIDES BEHIND.

OH, HEY JEFF.

I COULD SEE THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS SLIDE I COULD TOO.

HMM.

OKAY.

WELL I'VE GOT THE PRESENTATION, SO DON'T STOP FOR ME.

ALL RIGHT.

I CAN, UH, JUST, IT DIDN'T CHANGE ON MY SCREEN.

GOT IT.

ODD TECHNOLOGY THING.

YEAH.

SO I'LL GO OVER BRIEFLY, THE FOUR FACTORS.

SO FACTOR ONE IS THE NUMBER AND PROPORTION OF LEP PERSONS TO BE SERVED OR LIKELY TO ENCOUNTER A PROGRAM ACTIVITY OR SERVICE OF CAPITAL METRO.

AND AS I MENTIONED, THIS INCLUDES ALL SERVICES, NOT JUST YOUR BUS AND RAIL SERVICE, IT COULD INCLUDE LOSS AND FOUND TRIP PLANNING OR OTHER CUSTOMER RELATED SERVICES THAT YOU PROVIDE.

UM, FACTOR TWO IS THE FREQUENCY WITH WHICH LEP INDIVIDUALS COME IN CONTACT WITH CAPITA METRO'S PROGRAMS OR SERVICES FACTOR THREE IS THE NATURE AND IMPORTANCE OF THE CAPITAL METRO PROGRAM ACTIVITY OR SERVICE PROVIDED IN FACTOR FOUR

[00:20:01]

IS THE RESOURCES THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO CAPITAL METRO AND THE COST OF TRANSLATION SERVICES.

AND THIS IS REALLY TO BALANCE THE LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE NEEDS THAT WE DISCOVER FROM FACTOR ONE THROUGH FACTOR THREE AND, AND BALANCING THEM WITH WHAT CAPITAL METRO HAS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE NEEDS.

I WILL POINT OUT THOUGH THAT FTA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO HAVE TO CUT SERVICE IN ORDER TO PROVIDE TRANSLATION ASSISTANCE.

YOUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE TRANSIT SERVICE, BUT IF YOU HAVE, FOR INSTANCE, A $3 MILLION, A $3 BILLION ANNUAL BUDGET, AND YOU ONLY SPEND $500 A YEAR ON TRANSLATIONS THAT MAY NOT REPRESENT YOUR AGENCY'S COMMITMENT TO YOUR COMMUNITIES, LANGUAGE NEEDS AS WELL.

UH, NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO WITH THAT, WE'RE GOING INTO A REMARKABLE U-TURN WELL NOT YOU LEFT TURN, UM, AND WE'RE GOING INTO THE TITLE SIX POLICIES.

UM, SO THE NEXT SLIDE CAPITAL METRO CURRENTLY AS THREE POLICIES THAT WE PLAN ON UPDATING THE MAJOR SERVICE CHANGE POLICY, THE DISPARATE IMPACT POLICY AND THE DISPROPORTION BURDEN POLICY, WE PLAN ON CONSOLIDATING THEM AS THEY'RE INTERRELATED.

AND WE THINK KEEPING THEM UNDER ONE UMBRELLA POLICY WILL RESULT IN MORE CLARITY, CONSISTENCY.

IT WILL BE EASIER FOR THE PUBLIC TO UNDERSTAND AND EASIER FOR STAFF TO IMPLEMENT.

UH, THE CURRENT POLICIES ARE THE MAJOR SERVICE CHANGE POLICY, AND THAT ESTABLISHES AT WHAT POINT AGENCIES NEED TO UNDERTAKE A SERVICE OR FAIR EQUITY ANALYSIS.

AND IT'S KIND OF LIKE A SILVER STRAINER, NOT ALL SERVICE CHANGERS SERVICE CHANGES WOULD QUALIFY AS A MAJOR SERVICE CHANGE, BUT THOSE CHANGES THAT DO QUALIFY WOULD THEN NEED TO BE THE SUBJECT OF A SERVICE OR FAIR EQUITY ANALYSIS TO DETERMINE IMPACTS TO MINORITY AND LOW INCOME POPULATIONS, THE DISPARATE IMPACT AND DISPROPORTIONATE BURDEN POLICIES ESTABLISHES THRESHOLDS TO ENSURE THAT THE DISTRIBUTION OF IMPACTS BOTH NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE ARE FAIR.

AND THAT'S BASED ON THE SERVICE AND FOR EQUITY ANALYSIS THAT YOU'VE CONDUCTED THE DISPARATE IMPACT POLICY ALSO ESTABLISHES THAT IF IMPACTS ARE FOUND, THE AGENCY IS RESPONSIBLE TO DETERMINE IF AND HOW THEY CAN BE MITIGATED.

THERE ALSO, THERE ALSO IS A REQUIREMENT THAT SIX MONTHS PRIOR TO REVENUE OPERATION OF ANY NEW RAIL OR BRT SERVICE, THE AGENCY WOULD UNDERTAKE AN EQUITY ANALYSIS.

SO THE REASON WHY WE'RE GOING THROUGH THIS, UH, EVALUATION CHANGE RIGHT NOW IS TO EVALUATE THRESHOLDS AND ENSURE THAT THEY'RE APPROPRIATE FOR THE CURRENT AND FUTURE SERVICE OPERATIONS AND FAIR CHANGES, AND SPECIFICALLY INCLUDE CURRENT AND FUTURE MODES.

I ALSO WANT TO POINT OUT, THIS IS THE TIME TO UPDATE YOUR POLICIES.

YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE THE POLICIES EVERY THREE YEARS WITHIN THE SUBMITTAL FOR THE TITLE SIX PROGRAM.

AND THIS IS YOUR REALLY YOUR WINDOW OF TIME TO DO THAT, THAT NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

SO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE POLICY IS GUIDED BY A NUMBER OF ELEMENTS.

UM, WE NEED TO DEVELOP A POLICY THAT'S COMPLIANT WITH THE FEDERAL GUIDANCE AND TOWARD THAT END, WE CONSULTED WITH OTHER AGENCIES TO PROVIDE CONTEXT AND PERSPECTIVE FOR POTENTIAL POLICY CHANGES.

WE ALSO WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE POLICIES ARE EVERGREEN AND CAN BE USED IN A VARIETY OF SERVICE OR FAIR CHANGE SCENARIOS.

SO THE WON'T NEED TO UPDATE THEM HOPEFULLY FOR A LONG TIME, BUT BECAUSE WE CAN ONLY UPDATE THEM EVERY THREE YEARS, THREE YEARS, WE WANT THEM TO BE AS FORWARD-LOOKING AS POSSIBLE.

WE REALLY HAVE CONSIDERED THAT YOU'RE GOING TO BE GOING THROUGH SOME MAJOR CHANGES IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS.

WE WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY FOR THEM.

WE ALSO WANT TO ENSURE THAT THE THRESHOLDS FOR DISPARATE IMPACT AND DISPROPORTIONATE BURDEN ARE APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR DIVERSE SERVICE AREA.

AND WE WERE WELL TO, AND WE NEED TO SEEK PUBLIC OUTREACH TO FEED INTO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THESE POLICIES.

NOT ONLY IS IT A FEDERAL GUIDANCE, IT'S ALSO A REALLY GOOD PRACTICE TO HAVE THAT POLICY.

THE POLICY IS UNDERSTOOD BY THE PUBLIC, SO ONTO THE NEXT SLIDE.

SO THE OUTREACH FOR THIS POLICY IS KIND OF THE SAME AS YOU WOULD HAVE.

YOU WOULD CONDUCT FOR A SERVICE OR A FAIR CHANGE.

WE INTEND TO LEVERAGE THE CBOS TO HELP WITH THE OUTREACH BECAUSE THERE, AS I MENTIONED, THEY'RE A REALLY GOOD ENVIRONMENT OR ENVIRONMENT FOR THE PUBLIC TO GET INFORMATION FROM AN INSTITUTION THAT THEY MAY TRUST.

THIS CAN INCLUDE CHURCH CHURCHES, NATIONALITY BASED ORGANIZATIONS, OR ANY ORGANIZATION THAT CAN HELP GET THE WORD OUT.

WE INTEND TO USE THE CBOS TO HELP AMPLIFY THE OUTREACH, TO INCREASE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND DRIVE PEOPLE TO THE VIRTUAL MEETINGS.

AND OF COURSE, BECAUSE OF COVID, WE'RE USING A VIRTUAL MEETING TO ENGAGE WRITERS, TO UNDERSTAND THE PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE POLICY.

UM, FEDERAL GUIDANCE REQUIRES US TO DOCUMENT OUR OUTREACH ON THE POLICIES, INCLUDING THE BOARD MINUTES, UM, PROVING POLICY ADOPTION, AND THESE WILL BE A SUBJECT OF A PUBLIC HEARING.

SO THE NEXT SLIDE, I BELIEVE I'M HANDING IT BACK OVER TO LAWRENCE.

YEAH.

THANK YOU, TINA.

UM, IF WE CAN SKIP, UH, I THINK TISA IS ACTUALLY TO THE SCHEDULE ANYWAY.

THANK YOU.

UM, SO

[00:25:01]

I JUST WANT TO BRIEFLY GO OVER THE, UM, SCHEDULE.

SO I'M ACTUALLY GONNA START AT THE END POINT, UM, THEIR INJURY ON JULY 31ST.

WE, WE, AS AN AGENCY CAPITAL METRO HAVE TO HAND OUR TITLE SIX PROGRAM AS ALL THE, ALL THE ELEMENTS THAT TINA SHOWED YOU EARLIER, BUMP THE GREEN IN THE GRAY THAT HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE BOARD TO THE FTA.

UM, THE FTAS AREA BEEN GRACIOUS AND EXTENDED AS A, UM, 60 DAY DEADLINE.

WE ASKED FOR THIS DUE TO COVID AND DUE TO OUR, UM, WEATHER EVENT.

SO WE ARE, WE ARE, WE DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO EXTEND OUR DEADLINE OR OUR DUE DATE ANYMORE.

SO GIVEN THAT WE'RE OUR, OUR WINDOW TO OPEN OR TO UPDATE OUR POLICIES, UH, IS OPEN AS TINA SAID, AND IT'S MOVING ALONG AND WE HAVE MANY THINGS THAT WE'RE WORKING ON.

WE'VE WE'VE STARTED, UM, OUR PUBLIC OUTREACH.

UM, WE'VE STARTED CONDUCTING THE FOUR-FACTOR ANALYSIS.

THERE'S BEEN LESS OF INTERVIEWS.

THERE'S BEEN STAFF, UM, SURVEY STAFF INTERVIEWS.

THERE'S BEEN OTHER THEMES FOR, UH, PUBLIC FACING.

UM, DAVE, THE, THE CONSULTING TEAM HAS LOOKED AT OUR EXISTING POLICIES AND ARE STARTING TO DEVELOP THE RECOMMENDATIONS.

SO WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT IS, AS TINA MENTIONED ON MAY 3RD, THERE'S GOING TO BE A VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING TO PRESENT THE PUBLIC CHAIN.

THE POLICY CHANGES TO TITLE SIX POLICY CHANGES TO THE PUBLIC.

THEN IT'S A FOR THE POLICY CHANGES, A PUBLIC HEARING IS REQUIRED, AND WE'RE CURRENTLY GOING TO DO THAT ON MAY 12TH.

AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO ASK THE BOARD TO UPDATE OR TO APPROVE THE NEW POLICIES, UM, ON THE MAY 24TH BOARD MEETING.

AND AT THAT BOARD MEETING, WE'LL ALSO GIVE YOU OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE'VE CORRECTED THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS.

THEN HAVING TAKEN ALL THE APPROVED, UM, THE APPROVED POLICIES AND OTHER ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM, UH, THE PUNKER MOOKA G AND MYSELF, WE'LL BE COMING BACK TO THE BOARD ON JUNE 28TH TO ASK THE BOARD TO APPROVE THE ENTIRE PROGRAM SO THAT THE CAN SUBMIT IT ON TIME ON JULY 31ST.

SPEAKING OF THE FDA, I WOULD JUST LIKE TO MENTION THAT WE ARE SEEKING THEIR INPUT THROUGHOUT THIS ENTIRE PROCESS.

WE'VE VERY MET ONCE WITH THE FTA AND WE WILL GO BACK TO THE FTA AGAIN AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME.

AND WE CONTINUALLY EMAIL AND STAY IN CONTACT WITH THE FDA.

WE ARE SEEKING THEIR, THEIR GUIDANCE AS THEY ARE GOING TO GIVE IT THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS.

SO NEXT SLIDE.

SO WHAT ARE WE ASKING THE BOARD? WE'RE ASKING YOU TO, UH, SUPPORT OUR OUTREACH EFFORT BY REVIEWING THE PUBLIC OUTREACH PLAN.

THIS HAS BEEN SENT TO EACH BOARD MEMBER.

WE WANT YOU TO CONSIDER THOSE DRAFT POLICIES AND WE'LL FOLLOW UP WITH YOU AS THAT THOSE ARE BECOMING AVAILABLE.

UM, AND THEN AS I MENTIONED, WE, WE, WE NOT ONLY WANT, BUT WE NEED YOU TO ADOPT THE, UH, THE REVISED POLICIES AND THE TITLE SIX PROGRAM UPDATE.

UM, AND THEN THE NEXT SIDE, WHICH I BELIEVE IS DISASTER IT'S NEXT STEPS.

I'M SORRY.

UM, SO OUR NEXT STEPS ARE PRETTY MUCH TH TH THERE'S SIMILAR THINGS WE'RE GOING TO, UM, YOU KNOW, WE NEED YOU TO PROVIDE THE INPUT ON THE PUBLIC PUBLIC OUTREACH PLAN.

UM, AND THEN WE WILL, UH, OUTREACH TO YOU ON THE DRAFT POLICIES.

AND OF COURSE WE WANT YOU TO STAY IN CONTACT WITH US, UM, REGARDING ANY QUESTIONS.

AND SO THE NEXT SIDE, UM, HAS MY CONTACT INFORMATION.

UM, I AM THE PROJECT MANAGER.

I AM WORKING, UM, MANAGING, UH, WORKING WITH THE CONSULTANTS AND ALSO WITH THE PUNKER, UM, ON THIS PROJECT.

AND WE'D BE HAPPY TO, TO, UM, YOU KNOW, RESPOND TO ANY QUESTIONS, BUT THAT CONCLUDES OUR PRESENTATION.

AND WITH THAT, I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN IT UP FOR ANY QUESTIONS FROM, FROM THE BOARD.

THANK YOU, LAWRENCE.

UM, ANY BOARD MEMBERS WITH ANY QUESTIONS? I HAVE A QUESTION, A CHAIR.

UM, PLEASE GO AHEAD, BOARD MEMBERS.

UM, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, LAWRENCE, AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WORK THAT OUR, THAT YOU, YOUR TEAM AND OUR CONSULTANTS HAVE, UH, PUT INTO THIS.

UM, I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT, UM, UM, WELL JUST TWO QUESTIONS ACTUALLY AT THIS POINT.

UM, WELL THIS WILL, THESE POLICIES BE TAKEN TO OUR, OUR TWO COMMITTEES, OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND OUR ACCESS ADVISORY COMMITTEE,

[00:30:01]

UH, FOR THEIR COMMENTS.

YEAH.

UM, I'VE ALREADY, UM, CONTACTED YANNIS AND WE WILL BE GOING TO THE MAY, UM, ACCESS AND C-SAT COMMITTEE MEETINGS.

OKAY.

AND THEN, UM, THE SECOND QUESTION IS JUST WHEN DO YOU EXPECT US OR NOT EXPECT US? WHEN DO YOU EXPECT TO GET TO US THE ACTUAL POLICIES FOR US TO REVIEW? BECAUSE WE WILL BE GETTING, IF WE'RE GOING TO VOTE ON, IF I UNDERSTOOD CORRECTLY, WE'RE VOTING ON MAY 24.

SO THE ACTUAL LANGUAGE OF THE POLICIES WILL BE TO US AT SOME POINT BEFORE THAT I ASSUME.

IS THAT RIGHT? YES, WE SHOULD HAVE THAT TO YOU APPROXIMATELY A MONTH IN ADVANCE.

ALRIGHT, THANK YOU.

ALL RIGHT.

ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS MR. CHAIRMAN? UH, YES.

UH, BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON.

UH, YES.

FIRST OF ALL, UH, THANK YOU, MR. DIETER, AND TO YOU AND TO THE CONSULTING TEAM, ECHO, UH, BOARD MEMBER KITCHEN'S COMMENTS, UM, FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER AND FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ON THIS SITE THAT YOU Y'ALL ARE DOING, UH, JUST HAD A, KIND OF A TWO-PART QUESTION.

UM, ONE, YOU MENTIONED THE, UH, PUBLIC OUTREACH PLAN.

UM, IT, WITH ALL I'VE GOT ON MY PLATE, IT IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THAT I HAVE MISSED THIS IN MY EMAILS, AND WE HAD SOME EMAIL AND TECHNICAL ISSUES GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH MY CAP, METRO AND ATP.

SO IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE IT GOT LOST IN THE MAIL SOMEPLACE, BUT, UM, UH, DID I, DID I HEAR YOU SAY YOU'VE ALREADY SENT THE DRAFT OF THE PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT POLICY OUT TO US AS BOARD MEMBERS? YES.

THAT, UH, WAS SENT ALONG WITH YOUR BOARD PACKET, UM, LAST WEEK.

OKAY.

THEN IT'S POSSIBLE THAT I DID IN FACT MISS THAT.

UM, SO I'LL, I'LL GO BACK AND SEE IF I CAN, I CAN FIND THAT AGAIN.

MY APOLOGIES ON THAT FRONT, UM, DID, THEN THAT MAY MAKE MY SECOND QUESTION, A MOOT POINT, BUT D DID YOU LAY OUT IN THERE, WHICH, UH, COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATION JOEL HAVE ALREADY ENDEAVORED TO REACH OUT TO WHEN YOU'RE WORKING WITH AT THIS TIME? YES.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT.

THANK YOU.

I'LL I'LL DO, JUST IN CASE, DO YOU MIND WORKING WITH, COORDINATING WITH ED EASTERN TO, TO SEND THAT BACK OUT TO ME AGAIN AND AGAIN? MY APOLOGIES WE'VE, WE'VE HAD SOME, SO I MENTIONED WE'VE HAD SOME TECHNICAL ISSUES TOO, AND I MAY FLAT HAVE JUST OVERLOOKED IT WITH ALL THE OTHER THINGS I'VE GOT ON MY LEG.

MY PRESSURE TO GET IT TO YOU AGAIN.

THANK YOU, MR. PETER.

I APPRECIATE IT.

ALL RIGHT.

THANK YOU.

DO WE HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD? JUST ONE QUICK ONE CHAIR.

UM, GO AHEAD.

THIS, MR. DIETER, IS THERE A DEADLINE BY WHICH YOU WOULD NEED OUR INPUT ON THE PUBLIC OUTREACH PLAN IN ORDER TO BE USEFUL TO YOU THE SOONER THE BETTER? UM, WE'RE VERY OF IT.

UM, SO WE, WE ARE DEFINITELY NEEDING, UH, INPUT THIS WEEK.

THANK YOU.

ALL RIGHT.

ALL RIGHT.

ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS BOARD? OKAY.

HEARING NONE.

I WILL, UH, THANK MR. DIETER AND HIS TEAM, UH, FOR THE PRESENTATION AND, UM, ANY QUESTIONS WE WILL WORK THROUGH ED EASTON TO DIRECT THEM TO YOU.

ALRIGHT.

UH, SO

[II. Advisory Committee Updates]

THE, UH, THE NEXT ITEM UP FOR DISCUSSION WILL BE OUR ADVISORY COMMITTEE UPDATES.

UM, MR. BANKS, ARE YOU AVAILABLE? YES, SIR.

YES.

CHEER.

I AM GOOD AFTERNOON.

UH, CHAIRMAN PAVILION AND BOARD MEMBERS, YONIS BANKS WITH CAPITAL METRO COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT COMMITTEE COMMITTEE ENGAGEMENT DEPARTMENT.

I'M SORRY, AS WELL AS, UM, GOOD AFTERNOON, UH, UH, PRESIDENT CLARK, UM, LET'S GET STARTED WITH ACCESS ACCESS LAST MONTH OR THIS MONTH.

I'M SORRY.

UH, WE DID MEET ABOUT, AND THEY GOT A PROJECT CONNECT UPDATE, EXCUSE ME, WHERE THEY ELECTED THEIR COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE APPOINTMENT, WHICH WE DISCUSSED AT THE LAST BOARD MEETING.

UM, THEY WERE UPDATED ON THE ZIGLAR PROJECT THAT WE'RE DOING OVER BY UT, UH, AND, AND DEAN KEATON.

THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME, SOME ISSUES WITH THE PRODUCT THAT WE'RE LOOKING INTO RIGHT NOW.

IT'S NOT EXACTLY ACCESSIBLE IS A PILOT WE'RE DOING SO THERE'S SOME ACCESSIBILITY CONCERNS WHEN IT COMES TO WHEELCHAIRS.

EXCUSE ME.

SO I KNOW NADIA IS WORKING WITH THE ZIGLAR TEAM WHO PRODUCED IT ON, ON FINDING A SOLUTION.

UM, YOU KNOW, IF IT, IF WE DO NOT FIND A SOLUTION, THAT'S GOING TO BE WORKABLE.

ISN'T THAT SOMETHING WE'LL GO FORWARD WITH, BUT IT'S A PILOT THAT'S GOING, I BELIEVE UNTIL JULY.

[00:35:01]

UM, MARTIN GAVE HIM AN UPDATE ABOUT THE VEHICLE, UH, GRANT PROGRAM, UH, AND CHAD GAVE HIM A PICKUP UPDATE.

AND AS YOU SEE FROM THE NOTES, THEY ALSO GET AN UPDATE ABOUT, I GUESS, A BAD SITUATION THAT'S GOING ON OVER IN 700 AND LAVACA WHERE A BAT DECIDED TO JOIN THE MEETING FOR SOME REASON, WHICH WAS ENTERTAINING TO SAY THE LEAST.

UH, AND THEN THEY ALSO GET THE WINTER STORM URI UPDATE ON THE EFFORTS THAT WE DID WITH THAT.

AND C-SAT CONGRATULATE, I'M SORRY.

ACCESS DID CONGRATULATE, EXCUSE ME, OUR ACCESS DEPARTMENT ON ALL THE WORK THEY DID DURING A WINTER STORM WITH GETTING THE FOOT WATER AND FOOD, UH, AND VITAL TRIPS THAT WE WERE ABLE TO DO.

UM, AND THEN FOR C-SAT, UH, CSF, THEY ALSO WERE GIVEN THEIR PROJECT CONNECT AND ATP UPDATE WHERE THEY DID SELECT THEIR CAC REPRESENTATIVE, UH, WHICH WE TALKED ABOUT AT THE LAST MEETING.

AND THEY WERE GIVEN THE SAME ZIGLAR PROJECT UPDATE, AS WELL AS THE RIVERSIDE TRANSIT LANE UPDATE, WHERE WE WILL BE HAVING SOME SHARED BUS LANES ON RIVERSIDE, UH, FOR ABOUT, I BELIEVE A TWO MILE CORRIDOR OR ON RIVERSIDE IN ADVANCE OF PROJECT CONNECTING.

AND WE WILL BE STUDYING TO SEE HOW THAT WORKS, EXCUSE ME.

AND THEN FINALLY, THEY WERE GIVEN THE UPDATE ON PFLUGERVILLE PICKUP SERVICE THAT HAS LAUNCHED, UH, LAST TUESDAY.

I BELIEVE IT WAS THE LAUNCH DATE AND HOW WE WILL BE OUT THERE THIS PAST FRIDAY AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, UH, IN PFLUGERVILLE JUST PROMOTING THE SERVICE, UH, AND GETTING THE COMMUNITY USED TO SEEING PICKUP AGAIN, OR CAPITAL METRO AGAIN, UH, IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS.

SO WITH THAT, UH, WE'LL TAKE ANY QUESTIONS, BUT YOU'RE A NEW, THANK YOU FOR THE QUESTION OF WHETHER THE PRESENTATIONS, MR. BANKS, BOARD MEMBERS.

DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? UM, I DO CHAIR.

ALRIGHT.

UH, PLEASE GO AHEAD.

UH, BOARD MEMBER KITCHEN.

UH, YES.

I JUST WANTED TO ASK, UM, ON THESE, UH, COMMITTEE MEETINGS AND I APOLOGIZE, I SHOULD KNOW THIS, BUT, UM, ARE THEY, UM, ARE THEY BROADCAST SO THE PUBLIC CAN DO THEM THERE'S THAT, UM, STRENGTH FOR THE PUBLIC, BUT THEY ARE, UM, THERE IS A PHONE NUMBER WE POST ON THE WEBSITE.

SO IF THE PUBLIC WANTED TO CALL IN LIKE THIS MEANING THEY CAN CALL IN TO PARTICIPATE, IF THEY WANTED TO ASK QUESTIONS OR GIVE ANY KIND OF TESTIMONY.

UM, WE DO HAVE AT THE FIRST PART OF THE MEETING A COMMUNITY, UM, I GUESS CALL IT A CONVERSATION.

OKAY.

BUT, UH, BUT IS IT, UH, IS IT, ARE THESE MEETINGS PUBLIC SO THAT THE PEOPLE SO THAT THE PUBLIC CAN, CAN WATCH THEM OR WERE THEY RECORDED OR, OR LIVE STREAMED OR NEITHER TO THOSE, THEY ARE PUBLIC, BUT THEY'RE NET RECORDED OR LIVE STREAM.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

SO A CHAIR I'D LIKE TO, UH, EXPLORE WITH OUR, UM, UH, WITH WHOEVER THE APPROPRIATE STAFF ARE, UM, UM, MR. CLARK, UM, THE POTENTIAL TO, TO MAKE THESE AVAILABLE SO THAT THE PUBLIC CAN OBSERVE, UH, WHETHER, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE BEST TECHNOLOGY FOR THAT IS, WHETHER IT'S RECORDED OR LIVE STREAMED OR WHAT, BUT, UM, I WOULD, I THINK THEY'RE, THEY'RE RARELY IMPORTANT.

I REALLY APPRECIATE, UM, UM, MR. BANKS, UH, THE FEEDBACK WE GET FROM THEM, AND I REALLY APPRECIATE THE, UM, THE, UH, YOU KNOW, THE CONNECTION TO THE COMMUNITY THROUGH THOSE.

UH, BUT WITHOUT THE PUBLIC BEING ABLE TO, TO OBSERVE THEM IT'S, UM, YOU KNOW, IT'S KIND OF LIMITED.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO EXPLORE THE POSSIBILITY OF DOING THAT.

ALL RIGHT.

UM, SOUNDS LIKE WE CAN LET'S WORK WITH, UH, OUR BOARD ATTORNEY, UH, TO, UH, DEFINE, UH, WHAT THE PROCESS WOULD LOOK LIKE, HOW WE BAKE IT A MORE COMMUNITY FACING PROCESS.

SO WE'LL REPORT BACK ON POTENTIAL OPTIONS.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

OKAY.

OKAY.

ANY ADDITIONAL BOARD QUESTIONS HAVE ONE? YES, PLEASE.

UH, GO FORWARD A BOARD MEMBER POOL.

THANK YOU.

UM, MR. BANKS, I WAS JUST CURIOUS, YOU MENTIONED, UH, AND THIS IS NOT RELATED TO CAP METRO, BUT RATHER TO THE BAT.

IT WAS, I, I HOPE THAT THAT WAS ABLE TO EMERGE FROM THE MEETING ON INJURED AS FAR AS I COULD TELL.

UH, I THINK, UM, CHAD WAS MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE BED AND THE BED WAS WORRIED ABOUT CHAD.

SO I BELIEVE THE BAT LEFT HIS OFFICE AN INJURED AND UNHARMED.

IT, CHINA CAME IN, SAID, HI, UM, AND LEFT, BUT IT DID MAKE FOR A FUN TIME, UH, IN THE MEETING TO SEE THE PRESENTATION START BECAUSE OF THE BIT, A LITTLE BIT DISTRACTING, LIKE A TODDLER COMING INTO A ROOM, UH, WHEN YOU'RE DOING A HIGH POWERED PRESENTATION.

I MENTIONED THAT

[00:40:01]

THOUGH, BECAUSE I DO KNOW THAT THERE ARE, UM, BACK COLONIES THAT, THAT LIVE UNDER OUR VARIOUS BRIDGES AND SO FORTH.

AND THEY ARE A USEFUL UNNECESSARY, UH, RESIDENT OF OUR CITY.

AND, UM, THEY'RE NOT DESPITE THE MANY MYTHS AND LEGENDS ABOUT THE BATS.

THERE REALLY ISN'T ANYTHING TO BE FEARFUL ABOUT THEM.

AND I JUST WANTED TO JUST TAKE THE POINT, MAKE THE POINT TO REMIND EVERYBODY THAT YOU'RE RIGHT.

WE, WE DO MORE TO INJURE THEM THAN THEY DO TO HARM US.

SO, UM, KEEPING IN MIND THAT WE WOULD HAVE A WHOLE LOT MORE, UH, INSECTS LIKE MOSQUITOES IN THE SUMMER TIME, IF NOT FOR THE BILLIONS OF TINY LITTLE FLYING INSECTS THAT ARE OUR BATS ELIMINATE FOR US EVERY, EVERY EVENING.

SO I KNOW THAT'S NOT CAP METRO RELATED, BUT IT COULD BE IF WE ARE DOING SOME THINGS TO DISRUPT THE COLONIES UNDER SOME OF THE BRIDGES AND THE, UH, UH, THAT ARE CROSSING, UH, CERTAINLY THE COLORADO RIVER.

OKAY, WELL, I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT I KEEP MY DOOR CLOSED SO THAT, YOU KNOW, THAT FEEL THEY HAVE AN OPEN INVITATION TO COME VISIT.

UM, BUT, UH, I'LL, I'LL GO VISIT THEM AT THE BRIDGE.

UH, ANY OTHER QUESTIONS THAT WE NEED TO ENTERTAIN ABOUT THE PRESENTATION OR, UM, SEE, ALL RIGHT.

UH, OKAY.

UH, HEARING NONE,

[III. 4. Austin Transit Partnership Board Update]

LET'S MOVE FORWARD TO OUR REGULAR BOARD COMMITTEE UPDATES.

NOW, UH, WE DID HAVE A SPECIAL CALL BOARD MEETING THAT FELL ON, ON, UH, OUR COMMITTEE DATES THIS MONTH AND CONSEQUENTLY, OUR OPERATIONS COMMITTEE AND OUR FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETINGS WERE CANCELED.

SO WE'LL DEFER THOSE UNTIL THE NEXT MONTH.

UM, LET ME SEE A BOARD MEMBER.

MITCHELL, DO WE HAVE A CAMPO UPDATE OR WAS IT, UH, PUSHED AS WELL? IT WAS AT THE SPECIAL MEETING.

OUR NEXT MEETING AT THE CAMPO IS NOT A CAMPO.

OKAY.

OKAY.

SO WE WILL FORGO THE CAMPO DATE AND ASK WHERE THE BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON IS PREPARED TO GIVE US AN AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD UPDATE.

I AM BECAUSE AS A MATTER OF FACT, THAT SAME AFTERNOON, RIGHT AFTER WE ADJOURNED OUR CAP, METRO, UH, SPECIALLY CALLED BOARD MEETING, WE TURNED AROUND AND WENT INTO THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP REGULARLY SCHEDULED BOARD MEETING FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH.

UM, SO JUST A QUICK AND A BRIEF UPDATE AS TO WHERE THINGS STAND WITH, UH, THAT, UM, THE, UH, AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP AT OUR MARCH MEETING FOR BOARD ACTION, WE APPROVED THE CHARTERS FOR THE, UH, TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

THAT INCLUDES CHARTERS THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE, OUR COMMITTEES ARE GOING TO INCLUDE ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURE, CONSTRUCTION, OR THE EAC, UH, FINANCIAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE, OR THE FAC AND A PLANNING SUSTAINABILITY EQUITY AND DBE ADVISORY COMMITTEE KNOWN AS THE PEACE SEC.

WE'RE GOING TO BE SWIMMING IN MORE ACRONYMS, UH, OVER AT ATP, JUST LIKE WE DO IT, YOU KNOW, EVERY ONE OF THESE BODIES THAT WE HAVE.

UM, IN ADDITION TO THAT, UH, WE ALSO, UM, APPROVED THE, UM, UH, WELL, WHAT I'LL SAY IS, UH, WE WENT OVER AND REVIEWED THE COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND THEY HAD AN UPDATE ON THAT.

I WILL DEFER THAT BECAUSE I DO BELIEVE THAT THAT IS AN ITEM ON OUR AGENDA FOR LATER IN THIS BOARD MEETING.

AND I DON'T FEEL I COULD ADD ANYTHING, ADDITIONALLY, THAT IS NOT ALREADY GOING TO BE DISCUSSED AT THAT TIME.

UM, AND, UH, SO IN ADDITION, FINALLY, PROBABLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST THINGS TO TALK ABOUT THAT WE ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT OVER AT ATP IS THAT THE, UM, THE, UH, ATP BOARD APPROVED THE, UH, GRANT AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY OF AUSTIN GOVERNING THE PROVISION OF THE $300 MILLION PROJECT CONNECT, UH, TAX REVENUE FOR USE FOR THE ANTI-DISPLACEMENT INVESTMENTS.

AND WHAT WAS REALLY COOL ABOUT THIS DISCUSSION IN PARTICULAR IS THAT, UM, IS THAT WE WERE ABLE TO ANNOUNCE THAT, UH, THE STAFF, UH, AND THEIR HARD WORK WAS ABLE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THEY HAD, UH, SPED UP AND WE'RE ABLE TO, UH, ALLOCATE, UH, AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF MONEY IN AS PART OF THAT FIRST PERIOD OF MONEY, THE WAY THAT THIS HAD BEEN ALLOCATED OVER THE, UH, I BELIEVE IT'S 13 YEAR PERIOD, UH, WAS IN CERTAIN SEGMENTS, ACCORDING TO OUR, OUR, UM, MASTER FINANCIAL PLAN DOCUMENTATION.

AND IT'S GOVERNING, UH, THE PROJECT RIGHT NOW.

AND THEY WERE ABLE TO IN THAT FIRST PERIOD, AND THAT GOVERNS THE FIRST HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS

[00:45:01]

MOVE FORWARD A LITTLE BIT OF A FUNDS AND TO, UM, FROM YEAR THREE INTO YEAR TWO, AND THAT PROVIDES MORE MONEY KIND OF FRONT LOADED A LITTLE BIT FOR THE PURPOSES OF ANTI-DISPLACEMENT.

AND SO, UM, THE, THE FACT THAT WE BOTH HAD THIS, THIS AGREEMENT GRANT AGREEMENT COMING FORWARD AND ADDITIONAL MONIES BEING PROVIDED IN THIS FIRST, UH, ONE AND TWO YEAR PERIOD OUT OF THE FIRST THREE YEAR PERIOD WAS A, WAS A REALLY BIG WIN, UH, THAT WE ALL FELT AND THE BOARD UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED, UH, THE, THE GRANT AGREEMENT.

AND, UH, WE'RE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THAT.

UH, IN ADDITION, I'LL JUST, UH, HIGHLIGHT REAL QUICKLY, UH, CONTINUING, UH, CONTINUING ENGAGEMENT, UH, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT UPDATES.

IT'S BEEN ONGOING, UH, MORE NEPA, PUBLIC SCOPING MEETINGS FOR THE ORANGE AND BLUE LINE, ALONG WITH VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETINGS FOR THE, UH, EXPO IN PLEASANT VALLEY, METRO RAPID LINES.

UM, THE, UH, THERE HAVE BEEN A TOTAL OF 1,833 INDIVIDUALS ENGAGED OVER THE PAST EIGHT WEEKS.

UH, THESE ARE CRITICAL MEETINGS AS PART OF THE NEPA PROCESS.

TODAY OVER 90,000 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ENGAGED AND THE PLAN IS TO HAVE MANY MORE ENGAGEMENTS TO COME, AND THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SERIES OF ORANGE AND BLUE LINE VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETINGS THAT WILL BEGAN, UH, APRIL 26TH AS THE LIGHT RAIL PROJECTS CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD TOWARDS FTA PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

AS I SAID, UH, MORE COMING, UH, THIS, UH, LATER IN THIS BOARD MEETING, AS WE DISCUSSED THE COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, AND I WILL DEFER THAT AT THAT TIME, BUT THAT IN SHORT WRAPS UP WHAT WE DID WITH ATP, UH, FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH BOARD MEMBER.

UH, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND THE CARE IN WHICH YOU PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATIONS, UH, BOARD MEMBERS.

ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS THAT WE HAVE OF BOARD MEMBER STRATTON? I'VE GOT MY HAND UP.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT.

UH, PLEASE GO AHEAD.

BOARD MEMBER POOL.

I DIDN'T SEE YOUR HAND.

THANKS, JERRY.

UM, I REALLY APPRECIATE ERIC'S REPORTS.

THEY, UM, THE LAST TWO MEETINGS HAVE BEEN MY FIRST TWO MEETINGS HAVE BEEN REALLY STRUCTURED AND COMPLETE FROM WHAT I CAN CAN GATHER AND, AND INFORMATIVE.

I DO THINK WE WILL GET TO A POINT WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SYSTEM AND THE PARTNERSHIP FURTHER DOWN THE LINE WHERE THE QUESTIONS THAT WE MAY HAVE MAY CONFOUND THE ABILITIES OF ANY ONE OF US TO ANSWER, BECAUSE IT'S NOT OUR, IT'S NOT OUR FIELD OF EXPERTISE.

AND WE CAN'T REALLY EXPECT ERIC TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER, UM, WHAT COULD BE POTENTIALLY FINANCIAL QUESTIONS, FOR EXAMPLE.

AND I'M NOT EVEN GONNA THINK ABOUT ENGINEERING, UM, BUT FINANCIAL STUFF IS THE, THE AREA THAT I, UM, SPEND A LOT OF MY TIME IN.

SO I WAS, WHEN I, WHEN I WAS HAVING ORIENTATION SESSIONS WITH THE VARIOUS KENT METRO FOLKS, AND THEY WERE ALL REALLY HELPFUL TO ME AND HELP KIND OF GIVE ME SOME GOOD GROUND AND UPDATE ME ON STUFF THAT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST SIX OR SO YEARS SINCE I'VE BEEN ON COUNCIL, IT OCCURRED TO ME THAT WE SHOULD PROBABLY MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR, UM, OUR STAFF WHO ARE WORKING PROJECT CONNECT TO HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO THIS SPORT IN ORDER TO ANSWER SOME OF THE MORE TECHNICAL OR FINANCIAL FOCUSED QUESTIONS, SHOULD WE HAVE THEM DON'T KNOW THAT WE WOULD, BUT I DO WANT TO RAISE THAT WITH THIS DYESS TO, UM, TO OFFER IT UP FOR CONSIDERATION THAT WE MAY GET TO A POINT WHERE DESPITE OUR BEST EFFORTS, WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT OUR COLLEAGUES ON A DICE WE'LL BE ASKING ABOUT PROJECT CONNECT, AND WE DO NEED JUST LIKE WE HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO CA METRO STAFF TO GIVE FINANCIAL AND LEGAL ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS.

WE MAY NEED THE SAME FROM PROJECT CONNECT.

AND SO I'D LIKE SOME, JUST A LITTLE BIT OF DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT AS TO IF Y'ALL THINK THAT THAT'S LEGITIMATE CONCERN.

DO YOU HAVE, IF YOU HADN'T THOUGHT ABOUT IT, IF IT, IF YOU WOULD THINK ABOUT IT SO THAT WE CAN BE PREPARED? I THINK I CAN, I CAN RESPOND TO THAT.

I, I THINK, UH, JUST SO WE'RE ALL CLEAR ON TERMINOLOGY, PERHAPS A BOARD MEMBER.

SO WHEN YOU SAY PROJECT CONNECT, YOU MIGHT MEAN, DO YOU MEAN AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP? BECAUSE SO PROJECT CONNECT IS A LARGE PROGRAM THAT IS BEING DONE BY THREE DIFFERENT GROUPS.

SO CAP METRO IS DOING A PART OF THE PROGRAM.

THE CITY OF AUSTIN IS DOING A PART AND, AND BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD.

I HAD JUST MENTIONED THAT THAT'S THE DISPLACEMENT FUNDING PIECE.

AND THEN THEY ALSO, JEN'S A PARTNERSHIP.

WE'LL BE DOING THE HEAVIEST CONSTRUCTION COMPONENTS, ORANGE LINE, BLUE LINE, BIG SUPPORT FACILITIES, AND, UH, AND LONGTERM GREEN LINE.

SO, UM, YOU KNOW, STAFF AT CAP METRO IS AVAILABLE TO, TO DISCUSS ANY TOPIC.

A BOARD MEMBER MAY HAVE, IF THERE'S ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT'S PERTINENT TO THE CAP METRO BOARD, UM, CERTAINLY BE ABLE TO BRING IN ADDITIONAL STAFF REQUEST STAFF FROM OTHER AGENCIES.

SO IT COULD BE AN AUSTRALIAN PARTNERSHIP, COULD BE TEXTILE.

IT COULD

[00:50:01]

BE CITY OF AUSTIN TO DISCUSS COMPONENTS OF A PROGRAM THAT MAY TOUCH INTO CABINET.

AND, AND YES, AND THAT, AND WE RELY ON THAT KIND OF CONVERSATION NOW.

SO I'M BRINGING THE PARTNERSHIP AND THE, THE SYSTEM ITSELF IN TO THIS DISCUSSION TOO.

AND SO IT MAY MEAN PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING DIRECTLY ON PROJECT CONNECT, LIKE ON THE FINANCIALS.

I'LL JUST USE THAT BECAUSE IT WAS AN ADMINISTRATIVE, THE MODERN FINANCE, FINANCE, AND AUDIT COMMITTEE WHERE THIS CAME UP.

CERTAINLY.

YEAH, WE CAN CERTAINLY WORK TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY'RE REPORTING PROTOCOLS, THAT ADDRESS THE ISSUES THAT, THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR EACH OF THOSE THREE ENTITIES, UH, TO MAINTAIN WHETHER THEIR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EACH GROUP, UH, THE, THE, UH, THE EXPECTATION EXPECTATIONS FOR WHAT WILL BE ON THE AGENDA FOR EACH OF THOSE.

AND THEN AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHEN THOSE ISSUES WILL BE DISCUSSED, JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE ADEQUATELY INFORMED AND THAT IF WE DO HAVE QUESTIONS THAT WE HAVE A FORUM AND THE ABILITY, UH, TO ADDRESS THEM PROPERLY.

YEAH.

AND, AND TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY ARISE KIND OF AD HOC IN THIS SETTING, WHEN WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET AN ANSWER BACK QUICKLY, OR WOULD WE HAVE TO WAIT X NUMBER OF DAYS OR HOURS OR WHATEVER.

AND COULD WE BE ASSURED THAT THE QUESTION IT'S A COMMUNICATIONS QUESTION, AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE'S A FREE FLOW AMONG, BECAUSE IT IS SO COMPLEX.

WE NOW HAVE THREE DIFFERENT, AS YOU MENTIONED, RANDY THREE.

NOW WE DON'T HAVE THREE SEPARATE ENTITIES, AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE'S CROSS-POLLINATION OF THE INFORMATION.

AND I DON'T THINK IT'S, IT'S PROPER FOR US.

IT'S NOT APPROPRIATE FOR US TO, TO PUT THAT BURDEN ON OUR DYESS COLLEAGUES' SHOULDERS, BECAUSE HE CERTAINLY DOESN'T HAVE THE, THE, THE LEVEL OF EXPERTISE THAT OUR STAFF WOULD HAVE, EVEN, EVEN IF THE QUESTION HAD BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED IN A PARTNERSHIP MEETING, RIGHT.

SO WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE ACCESS TO EXPERTS WHO ARE ANSWERING IN THE PARTNERSHIP.

SHOULD WE, AND I DON'T KNOW HOW OFTEN WE WILL.

I EXPECT THAT THE CHANCES ARE GOING TO INCREASE THE CLOSER WE GET TO BREAK GROUND ON THINGS.

SO AGAIN, I, I, UH, I HAVE AN EXAMPLE, PICK BOARD MEMBER STRATTON ROLE IS TO REPORT OUT, UH, AS THE LIAISON TO THAT, THAT BOARD, RIGHT? AND AGAIN, YOU, YOU HAVE COTTON METRO STAFF AVAILABLE FOR ANY CAP METRO BOARD TOPIC, OBVIOUSLY.

AND THEN WE HAVE THE ABILITY, IF THERE IS A TOPIC THAT FOR THE CAP METRO BOARD THAT WOULD TOUCH INTO ANOTHER ORGANIZATION, INDEPENDENT ORGANIZATION, WHETHER IT'S, AGAIN, TXDOT CITY OF BOSTON OR ATP, AS AN EXAMPLE, AND THERE WAS AN ITEM, THEN WE CAN BRING ANY TECHNICAL RESOURCES LIKE WE WOULD DO.

SO I KNOW LIKE MOBILITY COMMITTEE AT THE CITY, I GUESS SEVERAL WEEKS AGO, ASKED CAP METRO AND TEXTILE TO BE THERE FOR A TOPIC.

SAME THING COULD HAPPEN HERE, WHERE ATP STAFF, IF NEEDED TO JOIN CAB, METRO STAFF, OR CITY OF AUSTIN STAFF, TO JOIN OF METRO STAFF FOR A TOPIC RELATED TO THE CAP METRO BOARD, WE KNOW THAT WE'RE GOING TO NEED THEM IN ADVANCE.

SO MAYBE AT THIS POINT, AND I THINK BOARD MEMBER KITCHEN HAD SOMETHING SHE WANTED TO OFFER AT THIS POINT, IT WOULD BE LIKE, UM, AT THIS POINT IT'S BORING TO GET A REPORT FROM THE COMMITTEE.

AND SO THEY WOULD KNOW THAT WE'RE OBVIOUSLY THEY KNOW THAT.

AND SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE MECHANISM IS TO BRING SOMEBODY IN TO THIS MEETING.

IF I WERE TO HAVE A DETAILED QUESTION ABOUT CONTRACTS OR ANTI-DISPLACEMENT OR WHATEVER, YOU KNOW, REMOVED IN TIME, BY THE TIME WE WOULD GET TO HAVE THAT ANSWER.

AND I'M TRYING TO MAKE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION MUCH MORE IMMEDIATE.

SO THESE ARE THINGS THAT WE CAN CERTAINLY WORK TOWARDS AND NOT LET'S GET, LET'S GET, UM, COUNCIL MEMBER KITCHEN'S EXAMPLE.

AND THEN, UH, AND WE CAN CERTAINLY SIT DOWN AND TALK ABOUT LOGISTICALLY HOW WE WOULD APPROACH ANY GIVEN TYPE OF QUESTION AND WHERE WE GET THAT DONE.

IT JUST SEEMS TO BE A WORKFLOW ISSUE THAT CAN CERTAINLY BE MANAGED WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF OUR REPORTING STANDARDS.

SO, UM, WE, WE CAN CERTAINLY GO FURTHER WITH THAT CONVERSATION.

LET'S GET, UM, BOARD MEMBER KITCHENS EXAMPLE.

WELL, AND, AND, AND I AGREE WITH WHAT BOARD MEMBER PAUL IS SAYING.

AND I DON'T KNOW IF MINE IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OR NOT.

UH, CAUSE THERE MIGHT BE OTHER EXAMPLES, BUT IT'S, IT'S THE ONE THAT COMES TO MIND GIVEN THE TIME FRAME WE'RE IN RIGHT NOW IS I KNOW THAT, UM, THAT THE CAMPO WILL BE, UM, HEARING, UH, ABOUT THE, UM, BLUE LINE AND THE ORANGE LINE, I BELIEVE

[00:55:01]

IN TERMS OF INCLUDING IT IN, UM, UM, IN THE CAMPO PLANNING DOCUMENTS.

AND SO THERE'LL BE A PRESENTATION AND I THINK IT'S IN MAY, UM, MAY AND THEN JUNE.

UM, IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER IF WE HAVE AN APRIL MEETING, IT MAY BE APRIL AND MAY.

IN OTHER WORDS, IT'S PRESENTED TO US AND THEN WE VOTE ON IT AT THE NEXT MEETING.

SO THAT'S AN UPDATE ON, UM, ON THOSE LINES THAT IT WOULD BE USEFUL.

I THINK FOR US SITTING HERE AS THE, UH, CAP METRO BOARD TO HAVE THAT UPDATE BECAUSE IT IS ADVANCING TO ANOTHER BODY, WHICH IS THE CAMPO BODY AND IT WOULD JUST BE IN TERMS OF COMMUNICATION AND ALL OF US INVOLVED IN THE LOOP, IT WOULD BE, IT COULD BE HELPFUL.

SO THAT'S JUST ONE EXAMPLE.

I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S THE KIND OF THING THAT THAT BOARD MEMBER POOL IS THINKING OF OR NOT, BUT IT'S JUST ONE EXAMPLE THAT COULD BE OKAY.

YEAH.

AND LIKE ON FINANCES, IF I DECIDED I WANTED TO DIG INTO BOND COVENANTS OR SOMETHING, WHICH I WOULDN'T NECESSARILY BE THE THING, BUT, BUT SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, I CAN'T EXPECT BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON TO HAVE ALL THOSE ANSWERS, BUT I COULD EXPECT MR. TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THEM OR ONE OF THE STAFFERS WHO'S WORKING IN THE FINANCE SIDE.

AND I THINK, YOU KNOW, THAT'S HOW WE WOULD DO IT AT THE CT.

IF THIS WAS ABOUT A CITY, WE WOULD BE CALLING ON THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE THE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE NUMBERS.

YEAH.

THE ONLY WAY TO RESPOND TO THAT AND CUSTOMER VOTE, YOU'RE NOT THAT KIND OF A START A CONVERSATION OFFLINE, BUT WE JUST ALSO GOT TO REMEMBER, SO CITY EXAMPLE, THE ATP IS NOT PART OF CAP METRO.

IT'S AN INDEPENDENT ORGANIZATION WITH INDEPENDENT STAFF MEMBERS.

SO, SO FOR INSTANCE, THIS BOARD WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING BROUGHT BEFORE RELATED TO BOND COMPETENCE RELATED TO ATP BONDING BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN A, IT'S NOT A CAP METRO ACTION.

SO HAVING THAT DISCUSSED MORE, NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT BECAUSE RIGHT, BECAUSE WE ARE ULTIMATELY A PARTNER IN, I'M NOT GOING TO SAY, I WOULD NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION.

I DID, BUT I'M NOW GOING TO SAY NO, I WOULDN'T, BECAUSE IF I HAD THAT QUESTION, MAYBE I WOULD TAKE IT OFFLINE OR A MEETING OUTSIDE OF THE MEETING, BUT I HAVE TO HAVE THE ASSURANCES THAT THERE ARE NO BARRIERS TO ME HAVING MR. CANALY FOR EXAMPLE, COME AND MAKE A PRESENTATION TO THIS BOARD SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A DIRECT LINE OF INFORMATION TO THE PERSON WHO'S THE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT.

SURE.

I, AGAIN, I DON'T, WE'LL TALK OFFLINE ABOUT MECHANISMS, BUT AGAIN, THIS BOARD WOULDN'T, WOULDN'T HAVE AN ACTION RELATED TO THAT BOND.

WHEREAS THE CFL CAP, METRO, ALL INFORMATIONAL AND FOR US TO STAY AS, CAUSE WE ARE ALSO TASKED WITH MONITORING AT A CERTAIN LEVEL.

I CERTAINLY FEEL THAT AS A COUNCIL MEMBER.

AND I'LL JUST, IF I CAN JUST ADD, I'LL JUST, I'LL JUST SAY TOO.

I THINK ALSO AS WELL, WE, WE BUILT BOTH THE CAP, METRO BOARD AND CITY OF AUSTIN BUILT SOME, I THINK SOME REALLY GOOD, UM, MONITORING FUNCTIONS WITHIN THE SYSTEM AS WELL.

AND THOSE WILL BE FURTHER FLESHED OUT WITHIN THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT, UM, THAT THEY CALLED FOR.

AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THAT IT WAS, I WANNA SAY IT WAS A QUARTERLY OR MAY, MAYBE IT WAS SEMI ANNUAL.

MAYBE IT WAS ANNUAL, WHATEVER IT WAS.

JOINT MEETINGS WERE JUST LIKE WHAT WE DID LEADING UP TO THE CREATION OF ATP, WHERE IT WAS CITY COUNCIL AND CAPTAIN METRO JOINTLY MEETING TOGETHER, THERE WILL BE MEETINGS WITH ATP CAP, METRO AND CITY OF AUSTIN GETTING TOGETHER TO DISCUSS THESE ISSUES, FLUSH THROUGH THESE THINGS, TALK ABOUT THINGS LIKE WHAT THE STATUS OF THE PROJECTS ARE AND WHAT THE STATUS OF THE FINANCES ARE AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

THE AUDITOR THAT, THAT, THAT OUR ATP HAS YET TO HIRE.

CAUSE AGAIN, WE'RE JUST NOW RAMPING STAFF UP.

WE'LL BE PRESENTING REPORTS AS WELL TO, UH, TO, TO OUR PARTNERS AS WELL, TO ENSURE, UH, COMPLETE FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY AND THE LIGHT AND THE LACK OF THAT KINDS OF THINGS AS WELL.

SO I BELIEVE LIKE, LIKE WHAT I'M HEARING HERE, I BELIEVE TOO, THERE ARE GOING TO BE WAYS THAT WE CAN BEHIND THE SCENES CREATE THE MECHANISMS. SO MUCH OF THIS IS AS I'VE HEARD OTHER STAFF SAYING, I COMPLETELY AGREE, GANG WE'RE WE'RE, WE'RE STANDING UP A BRAND NEW, YOU KNOW, IT'S A STARTUP.

I MEAN, WE IN AUSTIN LOVE TO TALK ABOUT THAT IN OUR, IN OUR CULTURE HERE AT SILICON HILLS, THIS IS A STARTUP GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY.

AND, AND WE'RE, WE'RE STILL IN MANY WAYS WE'RE BUILDING UP THE STAFF, WE'RE PUTTING THE PROCESSES IN PLACE AND, AND WE'RE, WE'RE,