Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[CALL TO ORDER]

[00:00:03]

ALL CALL THIS MEETING TO ORDER IT'S APRIL 16, IT'S 11:02 AM.

AND WE'LL GO INTO THE FIRST OR IT CALLS FOR WATER.

WE WE'VE INVITED COUNCIL MEMBER, KATHY TOBA TO JOIN US THIS MORNING.

SHE WANTED TO COME AND GREET YOU GUYS.

AND IF YOU WILL WELCOME COUNCIL MEMBER TOVO UH, YES.

HI THERE.

CAN YOU HEAR ME? YES.

WELL, UM, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE, THE DARK YOU'RE.

YOU'RE GOOD.

WE CAN HEAR YOU.

I'M SORRY IF YOUR PROFESSIONAL AND YOUR PERSONAL LIVES TO PARTICIPATE IN YET ANOTHER CITY COMMITMENT.

UM, I'M COUNCIL MEMBER, KATHY TOVO.

I KNOW A LOT OF YOU, UH, NOT, NOT MAYBE ALL OF YOU.

I REPRESENT THE CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT, WHICH IS DISTRICT NINE IT'S IN THE CENTRAL CITY AND INCLUDES DOWNTOWN AND, AND, UM, BROUGHT FORWARD THE RESOLUTION THAT CREATED BOTH A COUNCIL REVIEW AND AN AUDITOR REVIEW AND A ROLE FOR, FOR THE TASK FORCE THAT YOU NOW SERVE ON, UH, TO REALLY LOOK AT AND REVIEW SOME OF THE WINTER STORM HAPPENINGS.

OH, I APOLOGIZE.

I JUST REALIZED I HADN'T STARTED MY VIDEO APOLOGIES FOR THAT.

UM, YOU KNOW, WE ALL, UH, EXPERIENCED THE WINTER STORM IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

WE HAD DIFFERENT CHALLENGES, MANY IN OUR COMMUNITY EXPERIENCED REAL SUFFERING AS A RESULT OF, OF THE, THE DUAL CRISIS OF, UM, ELECTRICITY LOSS AND THEN WATER LOSS.

AND FOR MANY, IT REALLY EXACERBATED OTHER OTHER CHALLENGES THEY AND THEIR FAMILIES WERE FACING WITH REGARD TO FOOD ACCESS AND, AND HEALTH EQUITY.

AND SO, UH, IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AS I THOUGHT ABOUT, UM, HOW I WANTED TO APPROACH THE FUTURE.

IT WAS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME TO RECOGNIZE THAT WE HAD A LOT OF LEARNING TO DO ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE'S EXPERIENCES WERE LIKE DURING THE WINTER STORM, MY STAFF, UM, THE STAFF WHO WEREN'T ALSO PERSONALLY AFFECTED.

UM, BUT ALL OF THEM WERE TO SOME EXTENT OR ANOTHER, UH, WE'RE WORKING KIND OF AROUND THE CLOCK, TALKING WITH CONSTITUENTS.

AND, AND I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER FORGET SOME OF THE CALLS OR EMAILS THAT I GOT FROM CONSTITUENTS AND I OWN DISTRICT, UM, OR THE MESSAGES I GOT FROM OTHER, FROM PEOPLE ACROSS THE CITY.

UM, SOME OF WHOM WERE REALLY ASKED REALLY CONVEYING TO ME THAT THEY WEREN'T SURE THEY WERE GOING TO SURVIVE THE WEEK.

UM, AND SO IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AGAIN, THAT WE LOOK VERY CAREFULLY AT THE CITY AT, AT DIFFERENT, UM, DIFFERENT ANGLES AT WHAT WE WERE ABLE TO DO REALLY WELL AS A CITY.

AND I MEAN, AS A CITY, AS AN INSTITUTION, AS WELL AS, AS A COMMUNITY TO HELP, TO HELP OUR NEIGHBORS WHO THAT TERRIBLE WEEK AND THE WEEKS AFTERWARD FOR THOSE, FOR THOSE WHOSE, UM, CHALLENGES DIDN'T END UP WEEK.

BUT IT WAS ALSO REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME TO MAKE SURE THAT WE HEARD FROM THE COMMUNITY AND GAVE THE COMMUNITY A SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO TALK ABOUT THAT EXPERIENCE.

AND SO YOUR TASKFORCE, AS IT WAS ENVISIONED, UM, IN MY RESOLUTION AND IN, IN, UM, CONVERSATIONS WITH COLLEAGUES IS, IS TO BE A LISTENING VOICE FOR THOSE ACCOUNTS AND THOSE, UM, THE EXPERIENCE AND THE INFORMATION THAT WILL COME FORWARD FROM COMMUNITY MEMBERS AT COUNCIL, WE'RE GOING TO BE TAKING TWO SESSIONS, TWO HALF DAY SESSIONS TO LOOK AT SOME DIFFERENT ELEMENTS AND TALKING PRIMARILY WITH OUR CITY STAFF AND GETTING SOME QUESTIONS ANSWERED, BUT WE REALLY NEED TO HEAR FROM THE COMMUNITY, WE HAD COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS, INDIVIDUALS IN THE COMMUNITY WHO ARE OUT THERE AND REALLY ASSISTING WHERE NEEDS WERE IDENTIFIED.

UM, BUT WE ALSO WANT TO HEAR FROM INDIVIDUALS WHO WANT TO COME FORWARD AND TALK ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE AS A WAY OF HELPING US AS A CITY, FIGURE OUT WHAT WE DO NEXT, HOW, HOW CAN WE, HOW CAN WE REALLY ARM OUR CITY AND OUR COMMUNITY MEMBERS, UM, WITH MORE RESILIENCE SO THAT IF, AND WHEN WE HAVE, UM, CRISIS OF THOSE SORTS, AGAIN, WE ARE BETTER PREPARED AND AN EVEN BETTER PLACE TO ASSIST OUR NEIGHBORS.

SO I DON'T KNOW, UM, REALLY HOW MUCH TIME WE HAVE HERE FOR QUESTIONS.

UM, IF YOU HAVE ANY OF ME, BUT PLEASE KNOW

[00:05:01]

MY STAFF AND I ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS AS THIS PROCESS PROCEEDS, I WROTE REALLY ALSO WANT TO JUST MEET THE STAFF.

UM, PATRICIA HAS DONE A FABULOUS JOB OF, OF GETTING, UM, THIS TASKFORCE SCHEDULED AND, AND COMMUNICATING WITH ALL OF YOU AND MAKING SURE THAT THIS PROCESS COULD HAPPEN.

AND AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW, KNOW, THIS HAS BEEN A TREMENDOUS YEAR FOR OUR CITY STAFF, BETWEEN THE PANDEMIC AND THEN THE STORMS, AND SOME OF THE OTHER CHALLENGES, OUR STAFF HAVE BEEN WORKING VERY, VERY, VERY LONG HOURS, UM, UNDER REALLY INTENSE AND DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES.

AND SO THANK YOU TO PATRICIA AND THE OTHER CITY STAFF WHO PARTICIPATED IN GETTING THIS TASK FORCE UP AND RUNNING SO QUICKLY, IT IS DESIGNED TO BE VERY SHORT-LIVED.

UM, AND I KNOW ONE OF THE CONVERSATIONS THAT YOU ALL WILL HAVE TODAY IS HOW, HOW MANY, UM, YOU KNOW, HOW TO STRUCTURE YOUR TIME AND YOUR SCHEDULE SO THAT YOU CAN AGAIN BE THAT LISTENING VOICE.

AND I'M HOPING THAT, YOU KNOW, IN ADDITION TO RICH TURNING LOTS OF INFORMATION FOR THE COUNCIL, UM, AND FOR OUR CITY STAFF ABOUT WHAT SOME OF THE LEARNINGS ARE THAT WE CAN TAKE WITH US, UM, I'M, I'M HOPING THAT IT WILL ALSO THAT YOUR, YOUR ROLE WILL ALSO SERVE AS, UM, PROVIDING SPACE OR WHAT I THINK WILL BE A HEALING EXPERIENCE FOR PEOPLE TO COME AND, AND SHARE THEIR ACCOUNTS AND EXPERIENCES OF WHAT TOOK PLACE DURING, DURING THE STORM.

SO WITH REALLY GRATEFUL, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR AGAIN, TAKING ON THIS EXTRA, THIS EXTRA DUTY, UM, YOU KNOW, I'LL CONCLUDE THERE AND I'VE GOT A FEW MINUTES BEFORE I'VE GOT A NEXT ENGAGEMENT.

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR PATRICIA, IF THERE'S ANYTHING THAT YOU FEEL I NEEDED TO HAVE TOUCHED ON, I REALLY JUST WANTED AGAIN TO SAY A WORD OF WELCOME AND THANKS.

NO, I THINK THAT'S GREAT.

I WANT TO ECHO WHAT COUNCIL MEMBER TOVO HAS SAID.

I REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATE YOU GUYS, UM, DEDICATING YOUR TIME TO THIS LISTENING SESSIONS, UM, FOR THE COMMUNITY TO SHARE THEIR STORIES, UM, ON HOW THEY WERE IMPACTED DURING THIS HISTORIC WINTER EVENT.

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WE COULD ROLL INTO THE NEW BUSINESS.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

I WILL EXIT AND LET YOU ALL BEGIN YOUR WORK.

AND AGAIN, UM, JUST LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANY WAY I CAN, EITHER I OR MY STAFF CAN HELP SUPPORT YOU IN THIS WORK.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

THANK YOU.

SO WE'LL ROLL

[1. a. Discussion and action on Task Force’s listening session calendar and meeting format. (Sponsors: Task Force Members Rebecca Austen and Sareta Davis)]

INTO NEW BUSINESS ITEM ONE, A DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON TASKS FOR FORCES LISTENING, SESSION, CALENDAR, AND MEETING FORMAT.

SO I PROVIDED A ONE-PAGER YESTERDAY.

I DON'T KNOW IF WE COULD PULL IT UP.

IT KIND OF OUTLINES, YOU KNOW, IT DESCRIBES THE PURPOSE OF THE WINTER TASK FORCE, BUT ALSO GIVE SOME IDEAS ON HOW WE COULD POSSIBLY FRAME THESE MEETINGS.

JUST SO I'D LIKE FOR US TO KIND OF DISCUSS, YOU KNOW, HOW WE WANT TO FRAME THESE LISTENING SESSIONS, THE NUMBER OF LISTENING SESSIONS AND THE DURATION AND WHAT DAY, UM, IT DOES IN DISCUSSING WITH SOME OF MY COLLEAGUES DOES SOUND LIKE WEEKDAYS DURING THE EVENING TIME ARE GOOD OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE COMMUNITY.

I KNOW ALL OF YOU HAVE SERVED ON VARIOUS BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS AND WOULD HAVE GREAT FEEDBACK ON WHEN WE COULD SCHEDULE THOSE.

UM, ALSO I DO WANT TO MENTION THAT, UM, THE LISTENING SESSIONS WOULD RUN STARTING APRIL 19TH AND COULD RUN INTO EARLY MID JUNE.

UM, SO JUST WANTING TO LET YOU KNOW, WE COULD DO THAT.

UM, SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING OF, HOW MANY YOU THINK WE SHOULD, SHOULD NEED JONATHAN PRICE.

CAN YOU HEAR ME OKAY? YES.

HI, UM, UH, THIS IS JARGON FRANKLIN, THE CHAIRMAN FOR THE MAYOR'S COMMITTEE FOR PEOPLE DISABILITIES THE ONLY WEEK SINCE YOU'RE SPEAKING OF WEEKNIGHTS, UM, THE ONLY WEEKNIGHT IT WILL BE UNAVAILABLE IS WE HOLD OUR MEETINGS THE SECOND FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM FIVE 30 TO SEVEN.

OKAY.

THIS IS SERITA DAVIS CHAIR OF THE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION.

SO I THINK WE SHOULD ALL KEEP OUR REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING TIMES AND BOARD MEETING TIMES.

UM, WE NEED TO SORT THAT OUT.

I THINK WE WOULD NEED AT LEAST FIVE LISTENING SESSIONS.

AND THEN I DON'T KNOW IF IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR YOU IF I EMAILED YOU OTHER TIMES WHERE I HAVE SET MEETINGS, UM, LIKE THE FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH AT 6:30 PM, FOR EXAMPLE.

UM, SO THAT WE COULD MAKE SURE I'M AVAILABLE TO ME.

OKAY.

[00:10:01]

THIS IS MIRIAM CONNOR, UM, AFRICAN-AMERICAN AND QUALITY OF LIFE COMMISSION.

SO IN THINKING ABOUT THE DIFFERENT DISTRICTS, I KNOW 10 IS A LOT OF MEETINGS, BUT WE CAN ALSO PAIR LIKE CLOSE TO EACH OTHER DISTRICTS TOGETHER SO WE CAN DO FIVE MEETINGS.

AND THEN ALSO, CAN YOU JUST SIT DOWN AND DO A DOODLE POLL? YEAH, IT'S EASIER.

I CAN DO THAT.

UM, BUT IT'S EITHER LIKE 10 MEETINGS OR THERE IT'S FIVE MEETINGS AND WE'D DO LIKE, DO YOU WANT TO D TWO TOGETHER OR D LIKE WE PAIRED THEM TOGETHER.

SO THAT WAY WE CAN TRACK ONE, THE, UM, UH, THE P LIKE THE, THE D LIKE THE DISTRICTS, AND THEN MAYBE WE CAN NOT EVEN HAVE LIKE A COUNCIL PEOPLE, LIKE WHEN WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THE TESTIMONIES, WE CAN DIVVY IT UP WAY EASIER THAT WAY, TOO.

THAT'S A GOOD IDEA.

THIS IS A TO HOUSTON FROM THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COUNCIL.

YEAH.

I THINK MORE RATHER THAN FEWER.

AND CERTAINLY TWO HOURS IS PLENTY.

I WOULD THINK AS A DURATION, ALTHOUGH IF THEY'RE AN EVENINGS ARE GOOD.

UM, SO I THINK THAT'S AN EXCELLENT IDEA, TOO, IF WE'RE GOING TO HAVE IN PERSON MEETINGS, WHICH I GATHER WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, UH, TO HAVE THEM, OR, OR IF THEY'RE VIRTUAL, THEN WE DON'T HAVE TO GROUP DISTRICTS TOGETHER.

BUT, UM, THAT'S PROBABLY AN OPEN QUESTION, WHETHER WE CAN, CAN HAVE ANY IN-PERSON MEETINGS, BECAUSE FOR SOME PEOPLE IT'S HARD TO GET TO SOME KIND OF A, OF A VIRTUAL SETTING.

THIS IS SALLY VANSICKLE.

MAY I GIVE SOME INPUT? YES.

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT LIMITING MEETINGS TO SIMPLY PEOPLE IN ONE DISTRICT OR TWO DISTRICTS.

IF WE HAVE, IF ANYONE CAN CALL IN THAT GIVES MORE OPPORTUNITY.

IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND ONE, YOU COULD MIGHT BE ABLE TO ATTEND ANOTHER ONE.

AND I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE PLANNING IN PERSON OR NOT.

I'M SORRY.

I'M WITH THE COMMISSION ON SENIORS, BY THE WAY, UM, EVENINGS OR, OR SOMETIMES MORE DIFFICULT FOR SENIORS, PARTICULARLY IF THE INTENT IS TO DO IT IN PERSON, IT'S EASIER FOR THEM TO GET SOMEWHERE IN THE AFTERNOONS AND NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH RUSSIA, OR THAT'S SOMETHING THAT WE FACE IN A LOT OF DIFFERENT, UM, MEETING TIMES PANDEMIC OR NOT.

UM, SO, SO MAYBE YOU CAN SPEAK TO WHETHER THE INTENT IS VIRTUAL OR IN-PERSON MEETINGS.

SO THE INTENT, AS I UNDERSTAND IT, THEY, WE WOULD HOLD VIRTUAL MEETINGS AND THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO CALL IN OR, UM, LOGIN THROUGH OUR VIRTUAL MEETING.

GOOD, THANK YOU.

THAT, THAT MAKES IT EASIER.

I EXPECT THE AUSTIN, UH, CHAIR OF THE COMMISSION FOR WOMEN, AND I LOVE ALL THESE IDEAS.

I THINK VIRTUAL MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

SOME I, MAYBE WE, WE MEET IN THE MIDDLE ON THE DISTRICT THING THAT WE SUGGEST THAT WE SENT HER IT ONTO JASON DISTRICTS AT A TIME, BUT LET FOLKS KNOW THAT THEY CAN ATTEND ANY SESSION AT ANY TIME, ACCORDING TO THEIR CONVENIENCE.

AND THAT WAY WE GET CAUSE CAUSE DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SYDNEY HAVE A LOT OF DIFFERENT IMPACTS.

SO I THINK THERE IS POWER IN HAVING DISTRICTS KIND OF STANDING ON THEIR OWN AND SPEED, BUT JUST AFFORD THAT FLEXIBILITY.

THE OTHER THING I'LL MENTION IS THAT THE EQUITY OFFICE HELPED US HOST, UH, SEVERAL LISTINGS LISTENING SESSIONS EARLIER THIS YEAR.

IN FACT, THEY CAME RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SNOW BED.

AND SO THAT'S WHY I REMEMBER THEM.

UM, SO WELL, BUT THEY, THEY DID A REALLY GOOD JOB OF, UM, FACILITATING FIRST OF ALL, AND, AND, AND REALLY CREATING A SPACE WHERE PEOPLE FELT LIKE THEY COULD BE HEARD.

UM, AND, AND JUST DID THAT BEAUTIFULLY.

SO THAT'S ONE THING I WOULD JUST DEFT IS EITHER, YOU KNOW, ASK THEM TO HELP US FACILITATE OR JUST FOLLOW THEIR, THEIR PRACTICE.

THE OTHER THING IS THEY DID ARRANGE FOR MULTIPLE LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS AND ALL SESSIONS, WHICH, WHICH WE SHOULD HAVE, UM, AND JUST HAD A, YOU KNOW, OVERALL A REALLY GOOD FORMAT.

THOSE LISTENING SESSIONS WERE, UH, FOR DIC COMMISSIONS AND IT WAS REALLY CENTERED ON HEARING ABOUT FIX.

IT WOULD IMPACT THE BUDGET AND THE NEXT FISCAL YEAR, BUT, UM, YOU KNOW, THE SUBJECT MATTER CAN BE DIFFERENT IN THE FORMAT CAN BE SIMILAR.

SO THAT'S WHERE I WOULD SUGGEST WE REACH OUT.

I WOULD ALSO SAY LIKE TWO AND A HALF HOURS MAX, UH, IT'S KIND OF EXHAUSTING TO SIT ON ZOOM LONGER THAN THAT.

AND ESPECIALLY EVENINGS, IF PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH, YOU KNOW, FAMILY BEDTIMES NEEDING BREAK FROM ZOOM, ALL OF THAT, UM, THAT WOULD KEEP IT SHORTER.

OKAY.

SECOND THAT I AGREE.

OKAY.

YOU ALSO HAVE A LIMIT ON, UM, SPEAKING TIME PER SPEAKER.

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF STORIES, BUT, UM, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SET A 10 MINUTE LIMIT OR SOMETHING 15.

SO COUNCIL STANDARD IS THREE MINUTES.

HOWEVER, I THINK WE SHOULD BASE IT ON

[00:15:01]

THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT SHOW UP FOR WHATEVER SESSION.

SO IF IT'S UPWARDS OF LIKE 200 PEOPLE, WE MIGHT WANT TO PAIR IT DOWN TO A MINUTE, UM, EACH PERSON OR TWO MINUTES, JUST DEPENDING ON, UM, THE AUDIENCE, IF WE HAVE 10 PEOPLE, WE COULD GIVE THEM MORE TIME.

SO THAT'S KIND OF POLAR OPPOSITES, BUT, UM, THAT KIND OF SHOWS YOU THE SCALE OF WHAT WE CAN YEAH.

WHAT WE SHOULD DO.

SO IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS, YOU KNOW, UH, THE STANDARD TIME THAT WE COULD FIT INTO TWO, TWO AND A HALF HOURS, WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, IF IT'S THREE MINUTES OR TWO MINUTES, THE THREE MINUTES FEELS GOOD.

AS YOU KNOW, THAT'S A COMMON CONVENTION IN ALL OUR MEETINGS.

SO THAT FEELS ABOUT RIGHT, KNOWING THAT WE CAN GO OUR LOW, DEPENDING ON THE AUDIENCE, OR EVEN TELL FOLKS, YOU KNOW, LIKE LET'S HEAR FROM YOU FOR THREE MINUTES.

AND THEN IF WE GET THROUGH EVERYBODY ELSE, COME BACK AND FEEL FREE TO SPEAK AGAIN.

THE OTHER THING WE DID IN THE, IN THE EQUITY OFFICE LED MEETINGS WAS TO INVITE COMMUNITY TO SPEAK FIRST.

SO EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE LOTS OF A SONG AS COMMISSIONERS, WE WERE THERE TO LISTEN, UM, NOT TO SHARE OUR OWN STORIES AND NOT THAT OUR STORIES AREN'T IMPORTANT, BUT WE HAVE OTHER PLACES WE CAN BE HEARD.

UM, SO WE REALLY TRIED TO, UM, JUST ASK THE COMMISSIONERS TO STEP BACK AND LET COMMUNITIES STEP IN IF I COULD STEP IN ALSO, HELLO EVERYONE.

MY NAME IS JEFFREY CLEMENS AND I'M THE CHAIR ELECT OF THE AUSTIN COLLEGE SHOOTING COMMISSION.

UM, WE ALSO HAVE A SPEAK UP AUSTIN WEBSITE.

ARE WE ABLE TO TAKE WRITTEN FROM UP THERE AS WELL? UH, YES.

SO WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DEVELOPING A WEBSITE DEDICATED TO THIS INITIATIVE.

SO, UM, WE WILL HAVE IT IN SPANISH AND IN ENGLISH, ENGLISH, AND, UM, RESIDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO SUBMIT THEIR TESTIMONY WRITTEN TESTIMONY.

THEY'LL ALSO BE ABLE TO LOAD PICTURES AND VIDEO FOOTAGE.

AND, UM, I SPOKE WITH CPI YESTERDAY AND WE'RE ALSO LOOKING AT EXTENDING THAT TO THE, TO THE, UM, FIVE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.

SO, SO I, I THINK THAT THAT'LL ALSO HELP TO PROVIDE MORE OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GET TO THE MEETINGS TO GET TO WORK.

AND WE ARE GOING TO ENCOURAGE THE TASK FORCE ONCE THAT, THAT IS UP AND RUNNING THOSE SPEAKUP AUSTIN PAGES THAT Y'ALL SHARE THEM THROUGH YOUR CHANNELS.

SO WE CAN FARTHER REACH OUR GOAL IS TO REALLY HEAR FROM THE COMMUNITY THAT WE'RE THE MOST IMPACTED BY THIS STORM AND EVERYONE HAS A HOLE, BUT, UM, JUST TO FURTHER OUR REACH AND HITTING THE COMMUNITY, WE'RE GOING TO ASK THAT YOUR BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS AND YOU, AND YOUR CHANNELS SHARE THOSE.

WE'RE ALSO GOING TO BE SHARING THEM THROUGH OUR BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS, UM, LIST.

AND ARE WE'RE ALSO GOING TO DO LIKE A SOCIAL MEDIA, UM, HAVE A BIG PUSH THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT.

AND THAT THAT'S INFORMATION.

UM, ALSO THAT, YOU KNOW, WE'LL TALK ABOUT IN A LITTLE BIT, BUT THAT INFORMATION WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR REPORT.

UM, WE'RE LOOKING AT HOW WE CAN EXPORT THAT INFORMATION.

SO YOU CAN SEE THAT TESTIMONY ALSO, NOT JUST THE, THE, THE TESTIMONY THAT YOU HEAR AT OUR LISTENING SESSIONS REPORT THAT YOU DID MENTION SAYS THERE, SOMETHING THAT, THAT WILL PRODUCE AS A FINAL PRODUCT OF THIS TIME.

UH, YES.

SO YOU'LL HAVE THE OPTION AND THE RESOLUTION.

IT DOES SAY THAT YOU'LL HAVE A REPORT THAT YOU WILL DEVELOP AS, UH, THE TASK FORCE.

UM, BUT ALSO I, IN SPEAKING WITH COUNCIL MEMBER TOBO, IF Y'ALL WANT IT TO PRESENT, UM, BEFORE COUNCIL AT A, AT A WORK SESSION, WE COULD DO THAT RATHER THAN DRAFTING A PRESENTATION OR A REPORT.

ALSO, I JUST WANT TO BRING UP THAT, UM, ORGANIZATIONS LIKE GABA, HAVEN'T BEEN DOING LISTENING SESSIONS SURROUNDING THE WINTER STORM.

AND SO WE CAN GATHER IF Y'ALL KNOW OF ANY OTHER ORGANIZATIONS, WE CAN GATHER THOSE VIDEOS AND THOSE RECORDINGS SO THAT WE CAN INPUT THOSE TESTIMONIES.

THIS IS JONATHAN FRANKS.

UM, TWO POINTS I WANTED TO CLARIFY.

I REPRESENT THE MAYOR'S COMMUNITY.

PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ALSO REPRESENT THE BLIND POPULATION IN AUSTIN AND REGARDING, UM, JUST SPEAK UP AUSTIN WEBSITE.

IS THERE A WAY THAT WE COULD BEFORE IT ROLLS OUT, KIND OF VERIFY THAT A GOOD ACCESSIBLE TO OUR TECHNOLOGY.

AND THEN SECONDLY, UM, REGARDING, YOU KNOW, THESE MEETINGS, THESE LISTENING SESSIONS, THAT SOME OF OUR COMMUNITY MAY NOT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY AS A, SUCH AS A SMARTPHONE TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE APP OR COMPUTER.

AND THEY MAY BE CALLING IN THROUGH JUST A TYPICAL CELL PHONE.

AND SO IS THERE A WAY THAT WITH NOT ONLY CIRCULATING THE LINK TO THE WEBEX MEETINGS AND HOWEVER WE'RE GOING TO DO IT, BUT ALSO CIRCULATE A PHONE NUMBER

[00:20:01]

WHERE THEY CAN CALL IN AND THEN PUT IN THE ACCESS CODE? YES.

WE'LL BE ABLE TO CIRCULATE THE PHONE NUMBER, UM, WITH YOUR FIRST QUESTION ABOUT THE SPEAK-UP AUSTIN.

I DON'T S I CAN'T SPEAK FOR CPI, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THAT, YOU KNOW, ACCESSIBILITY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.

SO LET ME WORK WITH THEM.

UM, WHEN, ONCE WE DEVELOP THE PAGE AND MAYBE DO A TEST TO RUN, IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU.

YEAH.

I'D BE HAPPY TO TEST THAT OUT MYSELF.

SO I APPRECIATE THAT.

THANKS.

MOST DEFINITELY.

SO DO WE WANT TO TAKE ACTION ON, YOU KNOW, HAVING FIVE MEETINGS AND AT TWO AND A HALF HOURS, DO WE WANT TO, MAYBE SOMEONE HAVE A MOTION? HI, THIS IS SARITA.

I MOTION THAT WE HAVE FIVE MEETINGS.

I THINK TWO HOURS IN LENGTH WITH THE OPTION OF TWO HOURS, TWO AND A HALF, IF NECESSARY VIA WHATEVER WEBEX OR ZOOM CAPABILITIES WHERE WE RECEIVE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE, JONATHAN FRANK SECOND.

AND THOSE DATES WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON, UM, THE DOODLE POLL THAT I SEND OUT AND THE AVAILABILITY ABILITY ALSO FROM THE CITY'S SIDE.

UM, AND, AND ME RESERVING THE ROOM.

OKAY.

OH YES.

COULD WE, OH, SO I'LL SAY I, YES.

SORRY.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME.

NO WORRIES.

YES.

HI.

ARE THERE ANY, WAS EVERYONE AND I THINK, IS THERE ANY NAYS? NO.

OKAY.

AND YOU WANT TO POSE, PLEASE SPEAK UP.

THANK YOU, SIR.

I CAN SEE ANONYMOUS, WONDERFUL.

AND THE VOTE PASSES.

SO WE'LL MOVE TO

[1. b. Election of Task Force Chair and Vice Chair. (Sponsors: Task Force Members Rebecca Austen and Sareta Davis)]

ITEM NUMBER TWO.

UM, B ELECTION OF TASKFORCE, CHAIR, AND VICE CHAIR.

I DO WANT TO MENTION THAT, UM, THE CHAIRS WILL FROM HERE ON OUT LEAD THE MEETINGS, AND WE'LL ALSO BE LEADS IN DEVELOPING WHETHER DEVELOPING THE REPORT OR THE PRESENTATION THAT WILL BE SUBMITTED TO COUNCIL.

AND IT SAYS THAT THE AGENDA SPONSORS, UH, TASK FORCE MEMBERS, REBECCA AUSTIN, AND RITA DAVIS.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT, THAT POSSIBLY THE NOMINEES THAT MIGHT BE POSITION AGREED TO FILL IT ON THE AGENDA? YES, WE WERE ASKED VERY KINDLY TO DO SO, AND IT WAS REALLY ADMINISTRATIVE, UM, AT LEAST ON MY PART, I'LL SAY THE ITEMS, WE NEED TO HAVE A SPONSOR FOR THOSE AT LEAST TWO SPONSORS.

SO IN ORDER TO PUT IT ON THE AGENDA.

SO THAT'S WHY WE MENTIONED REBECCA AUSTIN AND SONITA TOO MUCH.

ALL RIGHT, WELL, I'LL NOMINATE MYSELF AS CHAIR.

DO I HAVE A SECOND? I'LL SECOND.

IT, I NOMINATE REBECCA AUSTIN AS VICE CHAIR.

MY SECOND MISSION IS STRAIGHT OFF OF THE REBECCA WONDERFUL.

AND THE ITEM PASSES.

SO TELL ME, I DIDN'T GET TO SAY .

I JUST WANT TO SAY IF WE COULD HAVE A LITTLE DISCUSSION THAT REBECCA AND I HUMBLY ACCEPT, UM, CONTINGENT UPON, WE KNOW EVERYONE'S REALLY GOING TO WORK EQUALLY TO GET THESE REPORTS PREPARED AND, OR, UH, PRESENTED BEFORE A CITY COUNCIL SPEAKING FOR BENDING.

BUT I THINK WE'RE IN OF THE SAME, I WILL SECOND THAT, THANK YOU, SIR.

UH, THAT WAS THE LEAD FOR HOUSTON.

COULD WE TALK A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT THE REPORTS AND WHAT WE'LL BE INVOLVED IN? BECAUSE I THINK THAT'S, THAT'S WHERE THE REAL WORK IS GOING TO BE TRYING TO LISTEN MATERIAL TOGETHER.

AND SO I WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT ONE PAGER THAT I HAD SENT OUT.

SO I BUILT IN THERE, LIKE WE, WE COULD HAVE TWO TO THREE WEEK REVIEW OF INPUT, SO YOU'LL BE REVIEWING THE INPUT THAT WE RECEIVE AT THE LISTENING SESSIONS ALSO THROUGH, UM, THE STORIES COLLECTED ON SPEAK-UP

[00:25:01]

AUSTIN TO IDENTIFY TRENDS OR THEMES, BASICALLY WHAT WILL CREATE THE FINAL REPORT WITHIN THAT TIMEFRAME, IF Y'ALL WANT TO HAVE WORK SESSIONS WHERE WE MEET TOGETHER TO KIND OF DEVELOP THE OUTLINE OF THAT, WE CAN DO THAT.

CAN WE DO THAT AFTER EACH MEETING WOULD, IF Y'ALL WANT TO AFTER LIKE A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER OR WHATEVER, BUT YES.

SO THAT WAY IT DOESN'T GET TOO MUCH, BUT WE, AT SOME POINT GONNA NEED TO SYNTHESIZE IT ALL.

ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TRANSCRIPTS OR OTHER SUMMARY OF THE, OF THE MEETING? SO AS THEY GO ALONG AND MS. HOUSTON, I SEE.

AND I THINK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD THINK OF SYNTHESIZING LATER IN THE WEEK AFTER WE MET SO THAT WE'RE CONSTANTLY DOING IT.

SO IT'S NOT IN ONE LUMP SUM.

I THINK THAT PROGRAMS PROPOSING.

OKAY.

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND YOU HAVE, UM, FROM SPANNING APRIL 19TH THROUGH JUNE 18TH, BUT JUNE 18TH IS ONLY 12 DAYS BEFORE JUNE 30TH.

WHEN THE REPORT IS DUE THAT YOU SHORTEN THAT UP TO JUNE 10TH OR TO GIVE A FULL THREE WEEKS, IF NOT A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN THAT, MOST THAT'S A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO NEED A MEETING TO REVIEW AND VOTE ON THE REPORT.

SO THAT'S A GREAT IDEA, SALLY PANCAKE.

THIS IS KATHERINE MINS, ALL US ACTING, NOT ACTING, OH, WAS IT MY FRIEND FROM THE COLLEGE COMMISSION SAID WHERE CHAIR ELECT THE LGBTQ QUALITY OF LIFE COMMISSION.

UH, ALSO SOMEBODY WHO IS, UH, PROFOUNDLY HARD OF HEARING, UM, BECAUSE OF OUR NEED FOR FULL ACCESSIBILITY EVERYWHERE IN THIS PROCESS.

I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST THAT AS PART OF THAT ACCESSIBILITY PROCESS THAT WE HAVE, UM, THE FIGHTING FOLKS FROM CITY HALL, I D I'M NOT SURE EXACTLY HOW THIS WORKS, BUT THE FOLKS THAT DO THE CAPTURING FOR THE CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS JOIN US FOR THOSE MEETINGS AS WELL TO PROVIDE LIVE CAPTIONS, NOT EVERY HARD OF HEARING OR DEAF PERSON KNOWS SIGN LANGUAGE.

UM, SO HAVING THAT LIFE CAPTIONING WOULD NOT ONLY ADD ACCESSIBILITY, BUT PROVIDE US WITH A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF EVERYTHING THAT'S BEING SAID.

SO ACCOMPLISHES TWO OF THE GOALS AT THE SAME TIME IT'S SO YES, THESE MEETINGS WILL BE PROVIDED IN LIVE CAPTIONING AND WHAT I WAS GOING TO OFFER.

SO WE DON'T HAVE THE TRANSCRIPTS FOR THESE LISTENING SESSIONS.

WE WON'T HAVE THAT, BUT WHAT I'VE DONE IN THE PAST, WHEN I WORKED IN THE HOUSING DEPARTMENT, WHENEVER WE HAD TESTIMONY THROUGH DEVELOPING OUR ACTION PLAN FOR FEDERAL MONEY, I WOULD JUST CREATE LIKE A LOG AND A VERY SHORT SUMMARY OF THE FEEDBACK.

I DON'T MIND, YOU KNOW, I CAN DO THAT FOR THIS, UM, FOR THIS CON FAST FORCE, WHEN WE HEAR THE TESTIMONY, JUST A SHORT, VERY SHORT SUMMARY, I CAN'T SCRIBE EVERYTHING, BUT JUST KIND OF THE OVERALL THEME OF WHAT THEY'RE COMMUNICATING, IF THAT HELPS AND PHYSICAL PRINT SCRIBE CAN, IF ONLY IF WE HAVE FIVE SESSIONS, COULDN'T WE GET THEM DONE BEFORE JUNE 1ST.

SO WE HAVE MORE TIME TO ASSEMBLE ALL THIS MATERIAL.

I, I, SO I THINK THE ONLY HICCUP I MIGHT SEE WITH THAT IS JUST ENOUGH TIME TO POST THE NEXT MEETING.

SO THAT ENOUGH COMMUNITY INPUT COULD BE ACQUIRED TRADITIONALLY.

YEAH.

WHICH MEANS STARTING, STARTING NEXT WEEK IS PROBABLY NOT A GOOD IDEA.

YEAH.

AND THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN, LIKE A DURATION OF TIME.

SO JUNE 30TH IS ACTUALLY WHEN, UM, WE WOULD NEED TO HAVE THE LISTENING SESSIONS COMPLETED AND THEN THE FINAL REPORT OR PRESENTATION, WHICHEVER YOU DECIDE WOULD, YOU KNOW, WE WOULD PROVIDE THAT TO COUNCIL BY JULY 30TH.

OH YEAH.

SO THAT'S YEAH.

SO JUNE 30TH IS WHEN THE LISTENING SESSIONS SHOULD CONCLUDE NO LATER THAN JUNE 30TH.

UM, THE EXAMPLE THAT I PUT WHERE IT SAYS TWO TO FIVE LISTENING SESSIONS SPANNING THROUGH THAT, THAT'S JUST KIND OF A, LIKE AN IDEA, YOU KNOW, JUST TO GET THE CONVERSATION STARTED ALSO, HOW WOULD INVOLVING, AND HOW DO Y'ALL FEEL ABOUT INVOLVING THE EQUITY OFFICE IN THIS I'M IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH THAT? YEAH, I MEAN, JUST GIVEN OUR EXPERIENCE FROM THE SPRING, UM, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO LOOP THEM IN.

I CAN REACH OUT TO BRIAN OPES, HE'S THEIR DIRECTOR.

UM, CAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE REBECCA, YOU HAD GREAT.

IT SEEMS LIKE ALL OF YOU HAVE WORKED WITH THEM.

I'VE WORKED VERY CLOSELY WITH THEM AND THEY'RE VERY GOOD AT SETTING THE TONE AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF EVERY MEETING, KIND OF THE ATTENDANT INTENTIONS OF THE MEETING, UM,

[00:30:01]

JUST REALLY, UH, MAKING A GOOD SPACE TO SHARE CANDID FEEDBACK SO I CAN REACH OUT TO THEM AND CIRCLE BACK TO THE GROUP.

OKAY.

SO, SO WITH THE, WITH THE CLARIFICATION, THEN THAT THE REPORT'S NOT DUE TILL JULY 30TH.

SO WE WANNA, YOU KNOW, GIVE OURSELVES EVERYTHING ROOM TO HOLD SESSIONS THROUGH JUNE THEN AND YOU KNOW, LIKE EVERY OTHER WEEK, AND THAT WAY WE HAVE SOME TIME TO, YOU KNOW, DEBRIEF IN BETWEEN IF WE NEED TO OR CHANGE UP THE FORMAT ALONG THE WAY, IF WE FIND THAT WE HEAR OR SEE THINGS, I THINK THAT'S AN EXCELLENT IDEA.

SO IT LOOKS LIKE IF WE START MID MAY, THEN WE COULD DO EVERY OTHER WEEK.

YEP.

YEAH.

OR EVEN, YOU KNOW, WITH EVEN START OVER, WE'LL SOONER IF WE WANT TO, I'M ALSO THINKING LIKE SUMMER AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO GET OUT MORE AND ALL THAT.

WE MAY START TO LOSE PEOPLE, YOU KNOW, IN JUNE.

AND SO I THINK IF WE'RE READY AND FULL-TIME TIME TO POST, WE START EARLY MAY-ISH EVERY OTHER WEEK ISH AND, YOU KNOW, KIND OF WRAP UP SOMETIME IN JUNE.

SO LOOKING AT MAY 10TH, COULD WE, YOU WANT TO START THAT WEEK? SOUNDS GOOD.

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR.

OKAY.

I MEAN, I GUESS WITH OUR TIME NOW THERE, WE CAN START THE LAST WEEK IN APRIL.

I THINK IF, YOU KNOW, IN TERMS OF OUR MESSAGING, I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S CLIENTS TO ADVERTISE OUR MEETINGS FOR COMMUNITY INPUT OR HOW THAT WILL WORK.

SO IT DEPENDS ON OUR OUTREACH.

I MEAN, I DON'T SEE WHY WE COULDN'T START AS SOON AS, UH, END OF APRIL, UM, PUTTING OUT LIKE SOCIAL MEDIA TO OUR NETWORK.

UM, SO WE HAVE ALL OF OUR NETWORKS DISTRIBUTED.

WE COULD DEFINITELY TALK PEOPLE INTO COMING ON AND SPEAK WITH, YOU KNOW, CITY COUNCIL, PEOPLE TO GET THE WORD OUT.

YEAH.

I THINK WE COULD OPTIMALLY START THE WEEK OF THE 26TH THAT GIVES US A WEEK FOR ROLLOUT THAT CAN WORK.

SO DOES THAT MEAN WE'D FINALIZE ALL MEAN ALL MEDIA? I MEAN, UM, MARKETING NEXT WEEK WE DO THAT.

I THINK WE KIND OF HAVE A TEMPLATE FOR THAT FROM, UM, OUR WORK, UH, HAVING OUR LISTENING SESSIONS, UH, WITH THE EQUITY OFFICE WHEN WE WERE WORKING ON OUR BUDGET RECOMMENDATIONS.

SO IF THE EQUITY IS HELPING US, I THINK WE COULD ROLL IT OUT FAIRLY QUICKLY.

YEAH.

THEY ALSO HAVE THAT LIST OF ALL OF THE, YOU KNOW, THE MEDIA RADIO STATIONS, PRINT PUBLICATIONS TO GET THE WORD OUT, SO RIGHT.

ALL THAT.

AND I THINK THAT WE ALSO ALL MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA OF FROM ORGANIZATIONS THAT WE MIGHT WANT TO HEAR FROM WHO WE CAN REACH OUT TO, IF THEY'RE COMING TO THAT FIRST SECTION, AT THE VERY LEAST WE CAN GET PUBLIC.

THIS IS KATHERINE GONZALEZ FROM THE LGBTQ EQUALITY AND LINCOLN'S VISORY COMMISSION.

I HAVE A REQUEST AS WE GO THROUGH THAT PROCESS.

UM, AND WE HAD A, WE ALREADY HAD A VERY LONG COMMISSIONING.

SO WE HAD A VERY LONG URL FOR OUR COMMISSION WEBSITE.

AND IF YOU WERE ABLE TO CONVINCE, I'M ASSUMING CTM PETITION, GIVE US A, LIKE A DIRECT LINK AT AUSTIN, TEXAS.GOV/LGBTQ TO HOP PEOPLE OVER.

UM, I WAS PULLING UP THE EMAIL THAT YOU SENT, UH, PATRICIA YESTERDAY, UM, AUSTIN, TEXAS.GOV/CONTENT/WINTER DESK STORM DASHBOARD VIEW DASH TEST DASH FORCE, UM, MIGHT BE A LITTLE WORDY FOR PEOPLE TO SAY ON THE RADIO OR ON TV.

SO IF THERE'S A WAY TO WORK WITH CTM TO GET AN AUSTIN, TEXAS, FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO JOIN THE LISTENING SESSIONS OR SUBMIT YOUR FEEDBACK, AUSTIN, TEXAS.GOV/WINTER STORM, SNOW POCKET SNOWPOCALYPSE TO ARCUS SPELLED I WILL SOMETHING I KNOW IT WAS, YES.

I'LL, I'LL, I'LL MAKE THAT REQUEST.

AND IF I CAN ASK, UM, ARE WE THINKING ABOUT HAVING THESE MEETINGS ON FRIDAYS, IF THAT WILL WORK, ARE WE DOING A TOTAL DOODLE POLL TO COMPLETE THIS WEEKEND IS MY UNDERSTANDING.

YEAH, WE'LL DO A DOODLE POLL.

AND, UM, I JUST MENTIONED EVENINGS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WAS MENTIONED TO ME THROUGH MY COLLEAGUE AND IS EXPERIENCED, BUT IF YOU KNOW, NEEDS TO BE DURING THE DAYTIME, WE CAN, YOU KNOW, WORK THROUGH THAT ALSO.

YEAH.

I THINK THERE'S ACTUALLY TWO COLES.

UM, CAUSE WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A POLL FOR THE, THE DATES OF THE OPEN SESSIONS TO MAKE SURE THE MAJORITY OF THOSE OF US CAN ATTEND THOSE.

AND IT SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED A POLL FOR OUR MEETINGS AS WELL, AND THAT THE FORMER WOULD BE EVENING MEETINGS.

THE LATTER.

IT SOUNDS LIKE MAYBE MORE FLEXIBILITY I'M OKAY WITH

[00:35:01]

THAT OR EVENING JUST KIND OF DEPENDENT ON THE DAY OR TIME OR, WELL, IT ALSO MIGHT BE GOOD TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THE LISTING SESSIONS IN THE DAYTIME IN CASE THAT'S A BETTER TIME FOR SOME PEOPLE HOW OFTEN DO WE SEE THIS TASK FORCE MEETINGS TO MEET, JUST GIVEN THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THESE ROLLING SESSIONS AND THINGS HAPPENING PRETTY QUICK, WE'LL FIND SOME MONTHS.

DO YOU MEAN TO RECAP OUR COMMUNITY MEETING SPECIE OR HOW MANY SESSIONS BACK TO HOME? JU JUST HOW OFTEN AS A TASK FORCE SHOULD MEET WHILE WE'RE GOING THROUGH ALL OF THE COMMUNITY SESSIONS? I GUESS I WAS ENVISIONING IF SAY IF WE HAVE FIVE COMMUNITY AFFECTIONS THAT SOMETIME LATER IN THAT WEEK OR EARLY THE NEXT WEEK, DEPENDING ON WHAT DAY, THE SESSION, THE COMMUNITY SESSION FELL ON, UM, WE WOULD MEET TO SURMISE WHAT WE GLEANED FROM THE MEETING THAT JUST PROCEEDED US THAT WAY.

UM, THINGS AREN'T COMPOUNDED IF OF US TRYING TO ORGANIZE EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE AT THE END.

UM, AND IT'S CUMULATIVE AND WE CAN REALLY, UM, START TO GAUGE AND JUST BULLET POINT AND SEE WHAT DIRECTION WE WANT TO GO IN WITH, WITH REGARDS TO OUR RECOMMENDATION TO CITY COUNCIL.

SO THAT'S EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK OF A SESSION.

YES.

YEAH.

SO WE'LL HAVE A SESSION AND THEN WE'LL MEET IN THE MIDDLE OF A SESSION AND WE'LL MEET.

SO WE'RE PRETTY MUCH MEETING EVERY WEEK.

YEAH.

SO FOR YOUR WE'RE FOR THE TASK FORCE MEETING THE DEBRIEF, I GUESS AFTER THE LISTENING SESSIONS ARE, Y'ALL WANTING THAT TO BE AN HOUR LONG.

UM, YEAH, THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

OKAY, PERFECT.

COULD WE MAYBE AFTER EACH ONE HAVE ONE OR TWO PEOPLE? YEAH.

IT REALLY HELPS IF SOMEBODY TRIES TO PUT TOGETHER SOME STUFF TO WORK WITH BEFORE WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND WE MIGHT SHARE THAT RESPONSIBILITY, PASS IT AROUND FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO DO IT AT DIFFERENT MEETINGS, SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHEN WE CAN COME TOGETHER TO SUMMARIZE THINGS, WE HAVE SOMETHING TO START WITH.

I THINK THAT'S A GREAT IDEA.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO ACT AS SECRETARY? IS THERE SOMEONE WHO JUST, YOU ARE NEARLY TAKE NOTES ON YOUR OWN AND BULLET POINT THINGS? OR SHOULD WE MAKE OKAY.

I'M THINKING WE PASS THE JAPAN AROUND THE JOB.

OKAY.

RIGHT MEETING.

YEAH.

YEAH.

AND I WAS THINKING THAT SINCE WE'RE THINKING ABOUT PAIRING THESE MEETINGS TOGETHER, UM, I DON'T KNOW WHAT OUR DISTRICT DISTRIBUTION IS, BUT MAYBE WE CAN JUST TAKE ON OUR OWN DISTRICTS.

UM, I'M IN DISTRICT THREE.

UM, OKAY.

OKAY.

WE'RE VERY DIFFERENT THREE HEAVY DISTRICT FOR ALSO, RIGHT.

SO MAYBE NOT BY DISTRICT, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO ASK FOR, UM, AT LEAST FIVE VOLUNTEERS OR, OR MAYBE, YOU KNOW, MONDAY MORE THAN THAT.

IF WE HAVE TWO PEOPLE TAKING A TICKET TO CONSOLIDATE, BUT I'M ASKING YOU TO BE ABLE TO STEP UP FOR AT LEAST ONE READING PRESCRIBING SNEAKERS TO SOME DEGREE.

SO WE CAN KIND OF REALLY BE CHECKING INTO THE PERSON DESIGNATED TO, TO SEE IF WE THINK THEY MISS ANYTHING OR WE CAN ADD TO WHAT THEY, THE NOTES THAT THEY HAVE.

SO THEY CAN START MAYBE REGULATE SOMETHING, A VERY ROUGH DRAFT AHEAD OF TIME.

AND PEOPLE, AT LEAST I HAVE TO THINK AFTER THE MEETING CIRCULATE THESE NOTES, JUST IN CASE AN INDIVIDUAL COULDN'T ONE OF OUR MEMBERS COULDN'T MAKE IT SO THAT WE COULD LOOK OVER THE NOTES.

YEAH.

IF YOU WILL PLEASE, IRVING AS A VISUAL, WHO'S DOING THE CIRCULATION.

YEAH.

IF YOU CAN, IF Y'ALL COULD SEND YOUR NOTES AFTER THE MEETING TO ME, AND THEN I'LL CIRCULATE IT TO THE GROUP AND THAT OF HAVING A NEW CORE AND MACHINES AS WELL, IF EVERYTHING GETS THROUGH PATRICIA.

PERFECT.

UM, I DON'T ANTICIPATE, I DON'T, I DON'T EXPECT TO ASK THE EQUITY OFFICE TO PARTICIPATE IN YOUR DEBRIEF, YOUR MEETINGS.

WE'RE ONLY ASKING THEM TO HELP FACILITATE THE LISTENING SESSIONS.

CORRECT.

OKAY, GO AHEAD.

[00:40:01]

YEAH.

I MEAN, I THINK IF THEY'RE, IF THEY'RE, YOU KNOW, WILLING AND HAVING THEM IN THE DEBRIEF IS GREAT TOO, JUST CAUSE THEY MAY HAVE, YOU KNOW, OTHER PERSPECTIVES AND, AND THEY'RE ALSO JUST REALLY GOOD AT CONNECTING THE DOTS TO OTHER STUFF THAT'S HAPPENING IN THE COMMUNITY.

YOU KNOW? SO THERE IT'S, WE'RE HEARING SOME THINGS AND SAY, HEY, THIS ORGANIZATION'S WORKING ON THAT ISSUE.

YOU KNOW, WE CAN HELP THEM CONNECT THE DOTS.

SO I WOULD, I WOULD ERR ON THE SIDE OF ASKING THEM TO DO MORE AND THEN IF THEY WANT TO BACK OFF AND DO LESS, UM, THAT'S OKAY.

I'LL PUT THAT, ASK HIM, I GUESS THAT'S ON RECORD.

SO THEY'RE GOING TO KNOW THAT I SAID THAT.

WELL, I THINK IF ANY, IF ANY, DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY OTHER FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS I'M WONDERING, DO WE HAVE TO USE WEBEX OR CAN WE USE ZOOM BECAUSE IT IS EASIER.

IT, IT HAS TO BE WEBEX BECAUSE IT'S, UH, A CITY TASK FORCE WHEN WE, I GUESS FOR THE MIX IS FINE FOR THESE MEETINGS.

BUT WHEN WE DID THE SPRING SESSIONS, WE DID THOSE ON ZOOM.

I THINK JUST FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS, IT'S WAY EASIER.

I'M NOT SURE HOW THE EQUITY OFFICE WALKED THAT OUT.

UM, YOU KNOW, WHAT RULES THEY HAVE TO WORK AROUND TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN, BUT IT WAS ALL MUCH BETTER USER EXPERIENCE.

I THINK FOR THE COMMUNITY I'LL LOOK INTO IT.

I THINK I'M NOT SURE IF THOSE LISTENING SESSIONS WERE, UM, WERE LIKE COMPLYING WITH, I GUESS THE OPEN MEETINGS ACT AND, UM, OR NOT, NOT THAT IT DIDN'T, WASN'T NOT IN COMPLIANCE, BUT THIS ONE IS, IS MANDATED BY THAT OPENS MEETINGS.

IT'S AN OFFICIAL TASK FORCE THAT LIKE WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO, WE HAVE TO POST THE AGENDA, HAVE TO POST THE MINUTES.

UM, IT GOES INTO THE OFFICIAL RECORD.

I'M NOT SURE IF THAT, UH, TASKFORCE WAS DEVELOPED AND CLEAN.

WE WERE NOT AN OFFICIAL TASK FORCE.

IT WAS MANY LISTENING SESSIONS.

AND THEN, UM, THE LISTENING SESSIONS WERE UPLOADED TO SPEAK OUT AUSTIN SO THAT ANYONE INCLUDING OTHER COMMISSIONERS, BECAUSE WE AVOIDED FORUM AND ALL THOSE MEETINGS WITH THOSE OF US WHO ATTENDED, UM, JUST FOR THE, IN THE INTEREST OF GETTING BUDGET RECOMMENDATIONS THAT WERE THOROUGH ENOUGH TO EVEN SUBMIT TO THE CITY, UH, UH, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER.

SO WE, WE FOUND A WORK AROUND THAT THE CLERK'S OFFICE, UM, ACCEPTED, BUT WE CERTAINLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS AN OFFICIAL TASK FORCE.

SO IT WOULD BE MORE DIFFICULT TO DO THAT AS WE'RE GOING TO HAVE FORMAT OUR MEETINGS.

OKAY.

I'LL I'LL STILL I'LL.

I'LL ASK.

I'LL DEFINITELY ASK.

THANK YOU.

SO IF, IF THERE'S NO ADDITIONAL ACTIONS, WE CAN, WE CAN ADJOURN IT FELL ARE GOOD WITH THAT.

NICE TO MEET ALL THE NEW PEOPLE FOR SO MANY OF YOU KNOW ME SO WELL ALREADY CORRALLING US.

I APPRECIATE IT.

YEAH, DEFINITELY.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

UH, OUR NEXT MEETING WILL BE AN OFFICIAL LISTENING SESSION, SO, UM, WE'LL, UH, I'LL GET INFORMATION.

UH, I'LL GET ALL THE DETAILS.

FIND THEM LIKE FINALIZED, UH, WITH THE DOODLE POLL AND, UM, ENGAGE WITH THE EQUITY OFFICE.

I'LL PROVIDE UPDATES BEFORE THAT TIME.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

BYE EVERYONE.

BYE.

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Speech-to-Text.