Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

LET'S WE'LL CALL TO ORDER AT 10:03 AM.

[00:00:02]

UM, AND JASON, IF YOU COULD JUST SHARE THE AGENDA, SO FOLKS CAN SEE THAT AND LET US KNOW IF WE'VE GOT ANY CITIZEN COMMUNICATIONS.

WE'LL PULL UP THE AGENDA RIGHT NOW.

UM, IN THE MINUTES, UH, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CITIZENS COMMUNICATION OR ANY INDIVIDUAL SIGNED UP FOR THAT.

I SHOULD ALSO POINT OUT THAT WE DO NOT HAVE STEVE MILLER, WHO IS OUR ASSIGNED ASL TRANSLATOR THIS MORNING.

UM, I DON'T KNOW IF THAT NECESSARILY PRECLUDES US FROM PROCEEDING, BUT WE, UH, HE IS NOT YET ON THE LINE AND I'M LOOKING FOR A WAY TO GET AHOLD OF HIM.

OKAY.

WHY DON'T WE TAKE A MINUTE TO SEE IF YOU CAN REACH OUT TO HIM.

I'M GOING TO CONNECT HERE AGAIN.

UH, CAUSE I KNOW THAT THAT IS IMPORTANT FOR SOME OF OUR TASK FORCE MEMBERS AND CITIZENS IF THEY JOIN.

SO, UM, YEAH, LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET STEVE AND THEN WE'LL GET UNDERWAY WITH THE AGENDA.

OKAY.

OKAY.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

GIVE ME ONE MOMENT.

THANKS.

[00:07:11]

CHAIR.

THIS IS JASON ALEXANDER.

I'M SO SORRY, BUT WE ARE STILL TRYING TO PING THE VENDOR AT THIS TIME.

UM, YOU KNOW, I, BECAUSE THIS IS BEING AUDIO RECORDED, I DON'T KNOW.

UH, UNLESS THERE A COMMISSIONER THAT WOULD NEED THE SERVICES OF ASL, WE MAY BE ABLE TO PROCEED.

UM, BUT AGAIN, WE ARE STILL TRYING TO REACH OUT TO THE INDIVIDUAL AT THIS TIME.

OKAY.

THANKS FOR THAT UPDATE.

UM, ARE THERE ANY COMMISSIONERS THAT ARE CONCERNED ABOUT US GETTING UNDERWAY WITHOUT THE INTERPRETER? DO YOU WANT US TO WAIT OR SHOULD WE GO AHEAD AND GET STARTED? OKAY.

I'M NOT HEARING ANYONE RAISE AN ISSUE WITH THAT.

I I'M SORRY.

ON BEHALF OF THE COMMISSION OR THE TASK FORCE HERE THAT WE DON'T HAVE THAT SERVICE.

CAUSE I KNOW THAT THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT FOR OUR MEMBERS.

UM, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'RE OKAY TO PROCEED.

SO, UM, KEEP TRYING, IF YOU CAN BRING STEVE ON AND THEN WE'LL GO AHEAD AND GET UNDERWAY WITH THE AGENDA.

SO LET'S GO AHEAD AND GO TO THE APPROVAL OF MINUTES.

THAT'S THE FIRST ITEM ON THE AGENDA.

AND THAT WOULD BE FROM OUR MAY 14TH MEETING.

SO EVERYONE TAKE A MOMENT TO TAKE A LOOK AT THAT AND THEN WE CAN CALL FOR A MOTION TO APPROVE.

ALSO, IF YOU'RE ABLE, WE'LL GO AHEAD AND COME ON CAMERA.

SEE, EVERYONE'S SMILING FACES THIS MORNING AND WE'VE GOT THE MINUTES UP THERE.

THANK YOU.

MAKE A MOTION TO APPROVE MINUTES.

ALL RIGHT.

I HAVE TO OBJECT TO THAT MIXTURE.

GO AHEAD, JEFFREY.

YES.

ON THE SECOND PAGE, IT LOOKS THERE IS A TYPO.

UM, WHERE SHOULD IT BE? MY NAME? IT SAYS JONATHAN CLEMENTS.

GOOD CATCH.

YES.

AND IF IT'S EVEN CORRECT ABOVE THAT, WHERE IT SAYS JEFFERY, SO THANK YOU FOR THAT.

ANY OTHER CORRECTIONS? YEAH.

OKAY.

SO WITH THE CORRECTION OF JEFFREY'S NAME FROM JONATHAN SAID, JEFFREY, UH, I HEARD ALREADY A MOTION TO APPROVE.

IS THERE A SECOND, SECOND, THREE SECOND.

ALL IN FAVOR.

AYE.

AYE.

ANY OPPOSED? ALL RIGHT.

MINUTES ARE APPROVED.

THANK YOU.

ALL RIGHT.

WE'LL MOVE TO THE NEXT AGENDA ITEM.

UH, OR THE ONLY AGENDA ITEM THAT WE HAVE, WHICH IS OUR OLD BUSINESS ITEM TO DISCUSS THE WINTER STORM TASKFORCE.

UM, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF ITEMS THAT I CHATTED ABOUT WITH SERITA THAT, UM, SHE ASKED THAT I MADE SURE THAT WE RAISED, SO I'LL BRING THOSE UP FIRST AND THEN WE'LL OPEN THE FLOOR TO ANY OTHER FEEDBACK YOU HAVE ON PAST SESSIONS, SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE SESSIONS AND ANY OTHER ACTIONS THAT WE WANT TO TAKE.

UM, SO, SO I,

[00:10:01]

I KNOW I WAS TALKING JUST FOR THE FIRST PART OF THE LAST LISTENING SESSION I HAD TO LEAVE BEFORE THE END, BUT JUST BASED ON THE NUMBER OF SPEAKERS THAT WERE SIGNED UP, WE JUST MADE A CALL IN THAT MOMENT, UH, TO GIVE ALL SPEAKERS SEVEN MINUTES OF TIME.

AND, AND THAT WOULD ALLOW FOR EVERYBODY TO HAVE AMPLE TIME TO SPEAK AND HAVE SOME Q AND A, UM, AND IT APPARENTLY WORKED THAT EVENING CAUSE EVERYBODY WAS HEARD AND YOU ALL WERE ABLE TO ADJOURN AT 8:00 PM.

UM, I'D LOVE TO HEAR FEEDBACK FROM THE GROUP HERE, JUST ON, YOU KNOW, IS EVERYONE COMFORTABLE WITH THAT KIND OF BEING A MATH NIGHT TONIGHT BASED ON THE NUMBER OF SPEAKERS AND ALLOCATING TIME, THAT WAY DO YOU FEEL LIKE WE NEED, YOU KNOW, MORE TIME, LESS TIME? I KNOW THERE WAS ALSO A CONCERN ABOUT TIMEKEEPING BECAUSE THERE WAS APPARENTLY A BUZZER THAT WOULD GO OFF WHEN TIME WAS UP, BUT NO ONE COULD HEAR IT.

SO, UM, IT'S, IT'S HARD TO HAVE A TIME TO DO IT AND THEN NOT BE ABLE TO MANAGE IT.

SO ALSO JUST ANY FEEDBACK THAT YOU HAVE ON, ON BEST WAYS TO MANAGE THAT PROCESS, DO WE NEED A DIFFERENT SOUND EFFECT? DO WE NEED MAYBE ONE OF THE TASKFORCE MEMBERS TO, UM, KIND OF MONITOR THAT WITH CITY STAFF AND CHIME IN AS WE'RE UP ON TIME, THERE'S LOTS OF OPTIONS HERE.

UM, YOU KNOW, ALSO WE COULD HAVE OPTIONS TO LIMIT SPEAKERS, UM, TO A SHORTER TIME PERIOD TO MAKE SURE WE GET THROUGH EVERYONE AND THEN INVITE THEM BACK AT THE END AS WE HAVE TIME, IF THEY WISH TO SPEAK MORE.

BUT I KNOW THAT, YOU KNOW, THERE ARE A LOT OF FOLKS HERE FEEL LIKE WE GOT TO HEAR PEOPLE, THIS IS OUR ONE CHANCE TO TELL THEIR STORY AND WE DON'T WANT TO CUT THAT OFF.

UM, GIVE THEM WHAT THEY'VE EXPERIENCED.

SO JUST THOUGHTS ON TIMING IN GENERAL AND HOW THAT'S WORKING AND HOW WE WANT TO CHANGE IT.

UH, I LIKED THAT, UH, THIS IS, UH, BALI WONG.

UM, I LIKE THAT AT THE BEGINNING, THE FIRST FEW SPEAKERS WERE ABLE TO SHARE MORE OF THEIR STORY THAN THE LAST FEW.

I DID FEEL LIKE IF YOU WERE SPEAKING LATER, YOU DIDN'T REALLY GET, YOU REALLY HAD TO RUSH THROUGH AND BECAUSE THEY RUSHED THROUGH, I COULDN'T QUITE PROCESS, UM, EVERYTHING BAD.

THE LAST FEW SPEAKERS WERE SAYING, SO I DO THINK IF WE'RE GOING TO SET A TIME LIMIT, WE SHOULD MAKE SURE IT'S, UM, UM, EVENLY IT'S THE SAME FOR EVERYONE ACROSS THE BOARD.

THANKS, MOLLY.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? UH, YES, THIS IS JEFFERY CLEMENS.

UM, I WOULD ALSO CONSIDER, YOU KNOW, UM, WE MIGHT WANT TO ASK THE SPEAKERS QUESTIONS AFTER EACH OF THEIR TESTIMONIES.

AND SO WE MIGHT WANT TO BUILD THAT IN TO IT.

UM, SINCE, DEPENDING ON HOW MANY SPEAKERS WE HAVE, WE DON'T WANT TO GO OVER WITH QUESTIONS OR, YOU KNOW, SPEND 10 MINUTES ON ONE SPEAKER AND, YOU KNOW, GIVE EVERYONE ELSE LESS TIME.

UM, BUT THEN GENERALLY AS FAR AS, UM, JUST KIND OF PLAYING IT BY EAR, I THINK THAT'S PROBABLY THE BEST APPROACH.

UM, SINCE IT SEEMS LIKE WE'LL PROBABLY BE UNDER 20, UM, PROCEEDING, BUT YOU KNOW, THAT COULD CHANGE YOUR COURTS.

OKAY.

THANKS.

JEFFREY.

OTHER FEEDBACK.

WE CAN KEEP, UH, TIME ON OUR SIDE WITH CITY BECAUSE WE CAN'T HEAR THE BUZZER.

YEAH, I THINK THAT WAS, THAT'S A GOOD SUGGESTION.

OBVIOUSLY THE, YOU KNOW, THE CITY HAS TOOLS TO MANAGE IT.

UM, BUT THAT THEY WORK.

I, I GUESS WHEN YOU'RE IN PERSON AND YOU CAN HEAR A LOUD BUZZ IN THE ROOM, BUT UM, DON'T WORK SO WELL OVER THIS ELECTRONIC FORMAT.

SO, UM, JASON, MAYBE YOU AND PATRICIA, IF YOU'VE GOT IDEAS ON JUST A WAY TO HAVE THAT SOUND COME THROUGH THE WEBEX, I THINK THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

AND THEN AS A BACKUP, MAYBE CAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE ALL THE TASKFORCE MEMBERS HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE RELATED TO, INTO THE CONVERSATION.

SO YOU'RE NOT SITTING THERE LOOKING AT YOUR WATCH OR YOUR TIMER.

UM, YOU'RE REALLY FOCUSED ON THE SPEAKER.

AND SO OUR PREFERENCE WOULD BE THAT THE CITY STAFF CAN MANAGE THAT.

WE JUST NEED A WAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT SOUND IS HEARD, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE MAYBE A BACKUP WOULD BE TO HAVE A ROTATING TASK FORCE MEMBER AT EACH MEETING.

WHO'S KIND OF CODE TIMEKEEPING AND CAN MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE KEEPING OUR EYES ON THAT.

IF, IF THE TIME ISN'T HEARD THE OTHER, I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S AN OPTION ON WEBEX, BUT THE OTHER THING WOULD BE TO POP UP, UM, SOMETHING IN THE CHAT AND JUST SAY LIKE, YOU KNOW, ONE MINUTE LEFT AND THAT WAY WE'RE ALL AWARE, UM, OF, OF THE TIME.

BUT, UH, I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

IS THERE A CHAT I'M A USER OF SO MANY TOOLS I'M HERE TO SEE IF THAT'S AN OPTION FOR US.

I DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS A CHAT LET'S WRONG WITH THAT.

EXCUSE ME.

HEY, THIS IS NATHAN WITH CTM OVER AT CITY HALL.

JUST WANTED TO QUICKLY CHIME IN WITH A COUPLE, UM, NOTES FIRST OFF, WE'VE JUST GOTTEN THE ASL STEVE MILLER IN THE MEETING.

SO YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE NOW AND BE ABLE TO BE SIGNING SHE'S SO MUCH NICER THAN STEVE.

NO PROBLEM.

A SECOND KIND OF A NOTE TO, I GUESS, RESPOND

[00:15:01]

TO THE WHOLE WEBEX CHATTING FEATURE IS THAT THEY, THEY, UM, CLERKS ASKS US TO NOT ACTIVATE THE CHAT FEATURE, UM, BECAUSE IT, IT RAISES SOME PIO ISSUES WITH, WITH, UH, KIND OF BEING ABLE TO HOLD LIKE SIDE CONVERSATIONS, MID MEETING.

UM, SO THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS THAT THEY'VE ASKED US NOT TO DO IT.

I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHAT, UM, THOSE RULES ARE FOR LIKE MAYBE SPECIFICALLY TASKFORCE MEMBERS OR, UM, SORT OF MORE INFORMAL MEETINGS.

SO IT MAYBE WOULD STILL BE A GOOD IDEA TO, TO, UH, ASK CLERKS IF THAT'S AN OPTION TO HAVE CHAT, UM, ACTIVATED FOR THESE TASK FORCE MEETINGS, IF THERE'S ANY MORE THAT YOU'VE GOT UPCOMING.

AND, UM, I THINK THAT'S ABOUT IT.

ALL RIGHT.

REALLY APPRECIATE THAT.

NATHAN, WE ALL FIGURED THERE HAD TO BE A CHAT FEATURE.

IT JUST WASN'T AVAILABLE TO US.

SO, UM, APPRECIATE KNOWING THAT.

AND, AND AGAIN, THEY, AND IF YOU CAN TAKE THAT BACK AND JUST SEE IF THAT WOULD BE AN OPTION FOR US, I THINK THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL BECAUSE THE COMBINATION OF, UH, A SOUND AND THEN A VISUAL ALERT IN CHAT THAT OUR TIME'S RUNNING OUT WILL HELP US MANAGE THAT TIME.

UM, THE OTHER THING I HEARD HERE IS IF WE CAN MAKE SURE THAT WE STRUCTURE TIME FOR BOTH THE CITIZENS AND FOR THE TASK FORCE.

SO, YOU KNOW, SAY WE HAD THE MASS GAVE US SEVEN MINUTES, TOTAL THAT WE HAVE FOUR MINUTES FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TO SPEAK IN THREE MINUTES FOR Q AND A OR DISCUSSION, UM, SOMETHING LIKE THAT, UH, WOULD THAT WORK FOR FOLKS AND THAT WAY WE CAN AND WE'D HAVE TO TIME KEEP AND MONITOR, YOU KNOW, BOTH THOSE TIMES SEGMENTS TO MAKE SURE WE DIDN'T PAY FOR ONE SPEAKER OVER ANOTHER.

I'LL JUST MENTION THAT PATRICIA DID BRIEF ME ON THE ISSUE YOU ALL WERE HAVING WITH THE AUDIO LAST TIME AND I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHAT CAUSED THAT, BUT, UM, WE'LL WORK WITH YOU HOWEVER WE NEED TO, TO MAKE SURE THAT, UM, YOU ALL ARE AWARE OF THE TIME LIMIT, THAT THE SPEAKERS ARE AWARE AND YOU'VE GOT A WAY TO CUE THOSE INDIVIDUALS ACCORDINGLY.

OKAY, GREAT.

OKAY.

SO, UM, I'LL JUST SUMMARIZE THEN IT LOOKS LIKE WE'LL, WE'LL KEEP A MATHEMATICAL TIMEFRAME BASED ON NUMBER OF SPEAKERS.

WE'LL SPLIT THAT BETWEEN THE SPEAKER, UH, TASK FORCE ENGAGEMENT WITH THE SPEAKER.

UH, WE'LL HAVE A BETTER AUDIO SOLUTION AND HOPEFULLY A CHAT SOLUTION TO MONITOR THE TIME.

DO YOU ALL STILL WANT TO HAVE, UH, A TASK FORCE MEMBER AS WELL AT EACH MEETING BE A SECONDARY TIMEKEEPER? OR DO YOU WANT TO SEE IF IT WORKS WITH THESE SOLUTIONS AT THE NEXT LESSON SESSION FIRST? I DON'T THINK THAT IT WOULD BE SENSIBLE TO HAVE SOMEONE, YOU KNOW, ON THE SIDE KEEPING TIME, BUT THEY DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO INTERVENE IF YOU KNOW, OUR, OUR PRIMARY SYSTEMS WORK AS THEY DO.

OKAY.

ANY THOUGHTS JUST ON THE, YOU KNOW, KIND OF THE MANAGEMENT OF TIME AND THE FLOW OF PEOPLE.

AND I THINK THE OTHER THING I HEARD WAS, UM, THAT WE WOULD GIVE THE CHAIR, OR IF I'M RUNNING THE MEETING, THE VICE CHAIR, THE GRACE TO ALLOW SOMEBODY TO TAKE A LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA TIME, IF IT FEELS IMPORTANT, YOU KNOW, LIKE WE JUST KIND OF READ THE ROOM AND, AND IF THEY CLEARLY HAVEN'T FINISHED AND NEED ANOTHER MINUTE OR TWO THAT WE ALLOW FOR THAT, THAT OKAY.

WITH EVERYONE ELSE.

WELL, IF YOU'RE NODDING HEADS, OKAY.

I DON'T KNOW IF WE NEED TO TAKE A MOTION ON ANY OF THOSE.

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S JUST MORE LOGISTICS.

OKAY.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OR ANY OBJECTIONS TO WHAT WE JUST TALKED ABOUT? OKAY.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

THANK YOU.

UM, ANY OTHER DISCUSSION JUST ON THE FORMAT, WE'VE TRIED A COUPLE OF THESE NOW WE'VE HAD, YOU KNOW, MORE SPEAKERS FOR YOUR SPEAKERS, THINGS THAT ARE WORKING, THINGS THAT ARE NOT WORKING FOR YOU, THINGS YOU THINK WE CAN DO BETTER.

I DO YOU HAVE, UM, SOME SUGGESTIONS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR ENGAGEMENT PROCESS, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE GOING TO GET TO THAT.

I DON'T WANT TO GET AHEAD OF YOU.

YEAH, NO, I'VE GOT THAT ON THE LIST TOO.

UM, YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ENGAGEMENT LIKE OUTSIDE THE MEETING.

UM, WELL, I, I'M JUST CURIOUS, LIKE HOW THE SPEAKERS FOUND OUT ABOUT THESE LISTENING SESSIONS.

LIKE I WANT TO KNOW, YOU KNOW, DID THEY HEAR ABOUT IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA? THEY HEAR ABOUT IT THROUGH NEXT DOOR.

UM, FACEBOOK, I WANNA KNOW HOW WE'RE GETTING THE WORD AT THESE LISTENING SESSIONS OUT THERE.

UM, SO I'M, I'M JUST VERY CURIOUS.

OKAY, GREAT.

LET'S LET'S COME TO THAT.

UM, ANYTHING ELSE I'M TORN? I'M NOT SEEING ANYBODY JUMPING ON THAT, SO LET'S GO RIGHT TO THAT AND ALL IT'S A GOOD POINT.

UM, SO, SO SAY A LITTLE BIT MORE, LIKE, WOULD YOU WANT TO ASK FOLKS AS THEY COME ON AND INTRODUCE THEMSELVES, HAVE THEY HEARD THIS? WE CAN GET MORE FEEDBACK ON THAT OR ALSO DISCUSS JUST HOW THE WORD IS GETTING OUT AND ARE THERE WAYS WE CAN BE DOING THAT BETTER AS WELL? YEAH, THAT'S A, THAT'S A GOOD QUESTION.

WE COULD ASK THEM TO INTRODUCE THEMSELVES AND TELL

[00:20:01]

US HOW THEY HEARD ABOUT THIS LISTENING SESSION.

HOPEFULLY THAT WILL TAKE UP TOO MUCH OF THEIR TIME AND SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCE.

BUT, UM, I WANT TO KNOW, YOU KNOW, ARE THEY HEARING ABOUT IT FROM THEIR NEIGHBOR? PROBABLY DEALT FULL-TIME ABOUT THAT, BUT THEY'RE PROBABLY HEARING ABOUT IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND THEN IN TERMS OF WIDER, UM, ENGAGEMENT, JUST BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, CALLING INTO A MEETING IS ONE WAY THAT WE CAN ENGAGE THE PUBLIC.

I KNOW WE ALSO HAVE THAT SPEAK OF AUSTIN PAGE.

UM, AND THEN I KNOW THAT MY COMMISSION, THE ASIAN-AMERICA QUALITY OF LIFE ADVISORY COMMISSION HAS RECEIVED FEEDBACK FOR THEIR, FROM THEIR OWN COMMUNITY MEMBERS.

SO I'M CURIOUS HOW EVENTUALLY ALL OF THIS INFORMATION, THE INFORMATION SHARED ON SPEAK OF BOSTON ON THE WINTER STORM LISTENING PAGE AND NOTICE THERE'S LIKE TWO OR THREE ENTRIES, HOW THAT ALONG WITH THE, FROM OUR INDIVIDUAL COMMISSIONS, UM, ENGAGEMENT PROCESS, HOW ALL OF THAT WILL ROLL INTO THAT, BUT THIS FINAL REPORT THAT WE'RE WRITING, OKAY.

ANY TASK FORCE MEMBERS HAVE SOME INSIGHT ON THAT OR JASON, ANYTHING FROM THE CITY IN TERMS OF WHAT WE'RE SEEING? I KNOW WE, WE GET SOME INDIVIDUAL TESTIMONY THAT'S BEEN FLOATING THROUGH THE EMAIL THAT COMES TO US FROM PATRICIA, BUT ANY OTHER INSIGHT ON JUST HOW PEOPLE ARE ACCESSING OR RESPONDING TO THE COMMUNICATIONS THAT HAVE GONE OUT REALLY? I GUESS WHAT I'LL JUST ADD IS A LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA CONTEXT THERE.

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

WE HAVE BEEN USING, UH, THE SPEAK UP AUSTIN SITE AND WE'VE BEEN PUSHING THAT OUT, UH, THROUGH OUR COMMUNICATIONS TEAM.

UM, THEY HAVE BEEN PUSHING OUT, I BELIEVE THE SCHEDULE FOR THE MEETINGS AND HOW TO ACCESS THOSE MEETINGS.

WE ARE WORKING WITH THE CITY'S EQUITY OFFICE TO ADVANCE THAT AS WELL.

UM, CERTAINLY WORKING WITH THE VARIOUS, UM, COMMISSIONS THAT YOU ALL INDIVIDUALLY REPRESENT, I BELIEVE.

AND THEN, UH, WORKING WITH THE COUNCIL OFFICES TO GET WORD OUT THROUGH SORT OF THEIR OWN DISTRIBUTION MEDIUMS AS WELL.

SO I THINK WE ARE WORKING THROUGH OUR, I GUESS MORE TRADITIONAL MEANS TO, TO GET THIS OUT THERE.

WE'VE PUT IT ON, UH, THE CITY'S SOCIAL.

UM, BUT THAT'S, THAT'S WHAT I KNOW AT THIS TIME.

I CAN GET MORE INFORMATION, BUT THAT'S WHAT I DO KNOW AT THIS TIME.

ALL RIGHT.

THANKS.

JEFFREY.

DID YOU WANT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE GRAPHIC THAT YOU HAD PUT TOGETHER AS WELL? UM, OH, NOTHING IN PARTICULAR COMPARED TO AND UPDATED VERSION OF THE GRAPHIC THAT, UM, I, IT LOOKS LIKE PATRICIA SHARED IT WITH, UH, SERITA AND JASON AS WELL.

UM, SO THE ORIGINAL GRAPHIC THAT I HAD, UM, IT'S BEEN UPDATED DOES HAVE DIFFERENT COLORS NOW.

UM, BUT IT'S ALL THE SAME INFORMATION I CAN GO THROUGH WHAT, UM, THEY GENERALLY LOOK LIKE OR, UM, I CAN FORWARD IT TO YOU.

UM, WE CAN SHARE IT ON THE SCREEN.

OKAY.

I WILL SAY NATHAN JUST STEPPED AWAY FOR JUST A MOMENT.

UH, BUT AS SOON AS HE RETURNS, UH, IF YOU CAN BUY ME MAYBE 30 SECONDS, UH, HE CAN POP THOSE UP ON THE SCREEN AND WE CAN PUT JEFFREY THE ONE THAT YOU CREATED, IF YOU'D LIKE, OR WE CAN PUT UP THE ONE THAT, UH, OUR COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE, UH, SUGGESTED AS WELL, WHICHEVER ONE YOU WANT.

OKAY.

UM, I, I PERSONALLY REALLY LIKED THE ONE THAT YOUR, UH, COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE PUT TOGETHER.

UM, JUST PRESENTATION IS A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

UM, SO THAT'LL PROBABLY BE THE ONE TO SHOW.

UM, I'M GOING TO SWITCH SEATS AND SEE IF I DON'T BREAK ANYTHING, BUT I'LL TRY TO PULL IT UP MYSELF.

WISH ME LUCK.

UM, ALSO IT DEFINITELY OUTSIDE THE ADOPTION.

I'VE HEARD A COUPLE OF WAYS IT'S COMING IN.

OH, PLEASE GO FIRST.

UM, ALSO KCI HAS BEEN SOME RADIO HOSTS THAT HAVE BEEN DOING A PSA ON THEIR SHOWS TOO.

SO IF Y'ALL HAVE ANY OTHER CONNECTIONS TO RADIO, I THINK THAT'S A GREAT OUTLET.

ALL RIGHT.

APPRECIATE THAT MERRIAM AND GO INTO, IN ADDITION TO WHAT JASON HAS MENTIONED, AND ALSO, UH, MIRIAM CONNOR HAS MENTIONED, WE'VE BEEN USING THE, UM, METHOD OF RELATIONSHIPS TO GET THE INFORMATION OUT.

SO IN ADDITION TO, CPIO PUTTING OUT THE INFORMATION ON DIFFERENT PLATFORMS, JUST ALSO OUR RELATIONSHIPS WE HAVE WITH COMMUNITY, UM, THAT WE'VE SEEN THAT BE REALLY HELPFUL, UM, WITH LETTING FOLKS KNOW ABOUT THIS TASK FORCE AND PHOTOS, SO THEY CAN PROVIDE THEIR FEEDBACK.

I JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT LAST PIECE.

I APPRECIATE THAT.

ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC COMMUNITY MEMBERS OR ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN TOUCHED SO FAR? I'M JUST CURIOUS, JOSHUA, IF YOU NICK.

YEAH.

YEAH.

SO WE'VE REACHED OUT TO AUSTIN JUSTICE COALITION.

UM, I'M BLANKING HERE ALSO WITH OUR EQUITY ACTION TEAM, UM, WITH THOSE MEMBERS AND BEING ABLE TO READ ORIGINAL REGIONALS AND THEN ALSO THE AUSTIN AREA, URBAN LEAGUE, THE RELATIONSHIPS, THE RELATIONSHIPS THAT WE HAVE THERE, UM, UM, USING THOSE TO GET THE INFORMATION AS WELL.

GREAT.

THANK YOU.

UM, AND ALONG THOSE SAME LINES, I WAS GOING TO SUGGEST, UM, POTENTIALLY

[00:25:01]

REACHING OUT TO, UM, THE AUSTIN LATINO COALITION, UM, JUST RECENTLY, UM, AND HOPING TO HAVE SOME MORE STUDENT GROUPS AS WELL.

UM, I ALSO PUT UP A TWITTER THREAD LAST WEEK BEFORE I HAD OUR LAST MEETING.

UM, YOU GOT SOME ENGAGEMENT.

I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW MUCH OF THAT TRANSLATED TO, UM, PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMMENT, BUT, UM, I MEAN, YOU GOT SOME ENGAGEMENT AND THERE WERE PEOPLE SHARING IT AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

SO I THINK THE INFORMATION IS OUT THERE IN THE TWITTER SPHERE.

UM, AT LEAST THANK YOU, UM, JEFFERY, UH, FOR THE GRAPHICS, I'M JUST SEEING THEM NOW.

UM, AND I WILL SHARE THEM ON MY PHONE, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND I THINK IF ANYONE HAS SOCIAL MEDIA THEMSELVES, THAT THEY'RE WOULDN'T MIND SHARING.

I THINK THAT THAT'S SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP REACH, UM, A LOT MORE PEOPLE.

THIS IS JASON.

WE ARE GOING TO GO AHEAD AND PUT THOSE UP ON THE SCREEN SO THAT THE GROUP CAN SEE THAT.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT.

THANK YOU.

UM, SO THE OTHER THOUGHT I HAVE WHILE YOU'RE DOING THAT IS, IS WE'VE HAD SEVERAL FOLKS TALK ABOUT, UM, NON-PROFIT OR COMMUNITY GROUPS THAT WERE TAKING ACTION TO GET WATER OR FOOD OR OTHER RESOURCES OUT.

UM, THEY HAVE NETWORKS AS WELL.

SO I'M WONDERING IF WE CAN, UM, ASK THEM TO PUT THE WORD OUT THROUGH THEIR NETWORKS.

DEFINITELY.

AND ALSO I HEAR THAT THERE'S TWO VISUALS.

CAN WE CHOOSE ONE VISUAL AND I'LL STICK TO THE SAME? I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA.

SO ARE WE LOOKING NOW AT THE CITIES OR AT JEFFERIES? UH, THIS IS THE CITIES.

OKAY.

UM, AND FOR THE, UM, I CAN READ IT AND DESCRIBE THEM AS WELL.

UM, SINCE I KNOW THAT THAT WAS A REQUEST.

UM, SO, UH, THERE'S FOUR, THERE'S FOUR SLIDES BASICALLY.

AND THE CITY'S VERSION IT'S, I'M ON A BLUE BACKGROUND.

UM, THERE'S A CITY SEAL IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER.

UM, AND THE FIRST SLIDE, UH, READS, UM, AT THE TOP AS A HEADER, I'M HERE TO LISTEN.

UH, AND AFTER THAT, IT HAS A SMALL PARAGRAPH BASICALLY DESCRIBING OUR COMMISSION, WHICH READS, UH, AFTER WINTER STORM ERIE, UM, AUSTIN CITY COUNCIL PASSED A RESOLUTION, CREATING A WINTER STORM TASKFORCE TO HEAR FROM COMMUNITY MEMBERS ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCES DURING THE STORM.

AND THEIR THOUGHTS ON THE CITY'S RESPONSE, LISTENING SESSIONS ARE BEING CONDUCTED THROUGH, UH, THROUGH THE SUMMER, UM, LEARN HOW YOU CAN SHARE YOUR STORY.

AND THEN THERE IS AN ARROW THAT GOES TO THE NEXT SLIDE, UM, WHICH, UH, TELLS PEOPLE HOW TO DO WRITTEN TESTIMONY.

SO IT SAYS WRITTEN TESTIMONY.

UH, YOU CAN, UM, ACTUALLY I THINK THE SECOND SLIDE IS IF YOU CAN SCROLL DOWN, UM, LET'S SEE.

OH, I GUESS IT'S A LITTLE BIT OF A DUPLICATE.

UM, WELL THE WRITTEN TESTIMONY SLIDE SAYS, UM, YOU CAN ALSO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY AND THEN THERE'S THE WEBSITE.

UM, SO IT'S TINY, YOUR L I MADE A TINY EURO ACTUALLY.

UM, AND IT'S TINY EURO.COM FORWARD SLASH WINTER STORM T F.

UM, AND THEN IT ALSO SAYS THAT YOU CAN, UH, PICTURES AND VIDEOS MAY BE INCLUDED WITH THE WRITTEN TESTIMONY.

AND THEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SLIDE THAT I'M READING FROM, UM, THERE'S A COUPLE OF PHOTOS THAT I FOUND, UM, FROM THE WINTER STORM.

UM, SO IT'S PEOPLE, YOU KNOW, WALKING IN THE SNOW IT'S PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE, UM, IN SOME FROZEN OUT RESTAURANTS, IT'S THE CAPITOL, YOU KNOW, COVERED IN SNOW.

UM, IT'S AN AMBULANCE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD.

UM, SO JUST REALLY GIVING THOSE VISUALS OF, OR TRYING TO REMIND PEOPLE, YOU KNOW, WHAT, WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH.

UM, AND THEN THE NEXT SLIDE SAYS LISTENING SESSIONS, UM, YOU CAN CALL IN LIVE TO PROVIDE YOUR TESTIMONY.

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT NOON THE DAY BEFORE EACH MEETING.

AND, UH, I PUT THE DATES FOR THE UPCOMING MEETINGS.

UM, SO THE ONE THAT THAT'S ON HERE, ONE HAS ALREADY PASSED ON, SO IT'S MAY 14TH AND 18TH.

UM, I THINK THAT SHOULD BE THE 28TH ACTUALLY, UH, MAY 4TH.

I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THAT, THEN I WAS THINKING, COULD WE HAVE ONE ON TUESDAY OR IS THAT WHEN I MISSED IT? THAT'S CORRECT.

YES.

AND THEN THE NEXT MEETINGS ARE OBVIOUSLY ON JUNE 11TH AND 23RD.

UM, AND SO HOPEFULLY THAT'S CLEAR ENOUGH THAT FOLKS KNOW THAT THEY NEED TO REGISTER THE DAY BEFORE, BUT WE CAN OBVIOUSLY MAKE THAT EVEN MORE EXPLICIT.

UM, AND THEN THERE IS A PHONE NUMBER, UH, WHICH IS A 5 1 2 9 4 9 7 4 6 3 3 9 TO REGISTER, UM, THAT WAY.

SO, UM, I KNOW THAT ON THE LISTENING SESSION SLIDE WHERE IT GIVES THE DATES, I KNOW THAT THERE WAS A REQUEST TO POTENTIALLY PUT ON AS WELL, THE DEBRIEF MEETINGS AND ALSO THE DATE WHEN PEOPLE SHOULD BE REGISTERING, UM, AGAIN, JUST TO MAKE IT MORE EXPLICIT SO THAT CHANGE CAN MADE.

UM, AND THEN YOUR, HERE ARE MY ORIGINAL, UM, SLIDES.

AND SO IT'S ALL THE SAME INFORMATION.

UM, IT'S JUST SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FORMAT.

UM, SO ALL THE PREVIOUS ONES WERE ON ALL BLUE AND THEY HAD YELLOW HIGHLIGHTS.

UM, THESE

[00:30:01]

ARE THE FIRST ONE HAS, UM, A BLUE BACKGROUND AND IT HAS THE C OF AUSTIN SEAL, WHICH I, SOMEONE TOLD ME TO SHRINK THAT A LITTLE BIT, IF WE WERE GOING TO GO WITH THIS ONE.

UM, AND SO ONCE AGAIN, JUST HERE TO LISTEN HAS THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT THE TASKFORCE IS, WHERE IT CAME FROM.

UM, AND THEN IT FOLLOWS UP WITH SOME MAROON SLIDES THAT HAVE THAT LISTENING SESSION AND WRITTEN TESTIMONY INFORMATION.

SO, UM, THOSE ARE THE TWO OPTIONS, I SUPPOSE.

UM, SO YEAH, FIRST OF ALL, JEFFREY MUCH GRATITUDE TO YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO USE YOUR TALENT THIS WAY AND HELP US OUT REALLY APPRECIATE THAT.

UM, PERSONALLY, I LIKE HAVING PICTURES ON THERE.

I THINK IT JUST GETS PEOPLE'S ATTENTION AND, AND HELPS REMIND EVERYONE WHAT THAT EXPERIENCE WAS ALL ABOUT.

SO I LIKE VERSIONS OF THE, ADD THE PHOTOS.

UM, I FOUND THE BLUE ONES JUST MORE READABLE BECAUSE THEY'RE A BIT MORE UNIFORM IN TERMS OF THE, THE TIME AND THE PLACEMENT OF INFORMATION AND, AND JUST NOT AS MANY COLORS.

UM, BUT THAT'S JUST ME, BUT OTHER FOLKS, YOU ALL HAVE A PREFERENCE OR MAYBE COMBINE THE BEST OF BOTH ANYWHERE TO COMBINE, LIKE ADD PHOTOS TO THE CITY IS LIKE COMBINED THEM BOTH.

MAYBE THIS IS JASON, AND WE CAN LOOK AT THAT, UM, AND TRY TO MAYBE PICK THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS AS YOU SAID.

UM, I DO KNOW THAT THE ONES THAT THE CITY'S COMMUNICATION STAFF HAD PUT TOGETHER WAS REALLY KIND OF IN LINE WITH OUR SORT OF GRAPHIC GRAPHICAL STANDARDS, UM, AND, AND FOLLOWED MORE OF THE ADA COMPLIANCE.

BUT I THINK THAT DOESN'T NECESSARILY PRECLUDE US FROM BEING ABLE TO, YOU KNOW, SPICE THOSE UP WITH SOME IMAGES.

SO LET ME SEE IF WE CAN MAYBE DO THAT.

ALL RIGHT.

THAT SOUNDS GREAT, JASON, AND I THINK THERE WAS ALSO A SUGGESTION TO MAKE SURE THAT, UH, THE, THE DATE FOR FOLKS TO REGISTER BUYS INCLUDED.

SO IT'S A CALL BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, TO REGISTER BY, YOU KNOW, WHATEVER DATES AND THAT WAY PEOPLE ARE CLEAR ABOUT WHEN THEY HAVE TO GET IN LINE.

WELL, WE CAN DO IS, UM, I'LL COMMUNICATE WITH PATRICIA AND WE CAN PASS AROUND MAYBE SOME ADDITIONAL DRAFTS TO THE GROUP AND MAYBE, UH, JEFFREY, IF YOU COULD WEIGH IN, IF IT, IF IT'S RESONATING WITH WHAT YOU WERE GOING FOR, THEN WE CAN WORK FROM THAT.

DEFINITELY.

UM, AND JUST TO ADD ON, UM, SO I COULD CERTAINLY MAKE, UM, ALTERNATIVE GRAPHICS AS WELL FOR DIFFERENT WEBSITES.

THOSE WERE SPECIFICALLY FOR LIKE INSTAGRAM.

UM, THEY WERE LIKE THE LITTLE SQUARES, UM, AND SO YOU CAN POST THOSE ONTO YOUR PAGE OR ONTO YOUR STORY, BUT I CAN ALSO MAKE A STORY VERSION OF IT.

UM, AND SO I GUESS MY ONLY CONCERN WITH ADDING MORE OF THOSE DATES IS THAT IT BECOMES LIKE A LOT OF SWIPING AND HAVING TO LIKE LOOK THROUGH THE INFORMATION, BECOMES A LITTLE GARBLED.

SO, UM, JUST ANY WAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THE INFORMATION STAYS PRETTY SUCCINCT, UM, FOR PEOPLE TO READ.

SO THEY'LL ACTUALLY GO THROUGH IT.

YEAH.

MAYBE, MAYBE, UM, WE CAN DROP THE DATE IN THE SESSION THAT ALREADY HAPPENED AND JUST HAVE LIKE A TABLE WITH TWO ROWS.

SO IT WOULD JUST HAVE, YOU KNOW, LISTENING SESSION, DATE, REGISTER BY DATE.

UM, AND THOSE TWO DATES ARE SIDE BY SIDE.

SO PEOPLE COULD SEE THAT.

THAT'S WHAT WE SAID, WHERE THEY COMPRESS THAT IN THE SPACE.

BUT I GET, YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S NOT A LOT OF ROOM ON AN INSTAGRAM SCREEN TO PUT ALL THAT IN THERE.

I AGREE WITH YOU TO DELETE THE EXTRA DATES.

YEP.

ANY OTHER FEEDBACK ON THE COMMUNICATIONS, EITHER THE FLYER OR JUST OTHER WAYS WE'RE GETTING THE WORD OUT AND THEN WE'LL, UM, WE'LL MAKE A NOTE THAT AT FUTURE MEETINGS ALSO TO ASK WHEN FOLKS INTRODUCE THEMSELVES, IF THEY CAN, TO JUST MENTION WHERE THEY HEARD ABOUT THE SESSION, UM, ON THAT NOTE ABOUT, UM, THAT SURVEY THAT WE MIGHT BE ASKING PEOPLE AT THE BEGINNING OF THEIR TESTIMONY, CAN WE KEEP THAT IN SOME KIND OF SPREADSHEET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT JUST FOR WHEN WE START WRITING THAT REPORT TO MAYBE MAKE A GRAPHIC ABOUT IT, UM, SAYING THIS IS WHERE, YOU KNOW, MOST OF OUR TESTIFIERS CAME FROM.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

YEP.

IS THAT SOMETHING THAT A TASK FORCE MEMBER WANTS TO DO OR, OR DO YOU THINK THAT'S SOMETHING THE CITY CAN JUST HELP US TRACK AS WE HEAR THAT EACH NIGHT? UM, I, I WAS, I THINK I KIND OF WAS ASKING HIM WONDERING IF THE CITY WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF THAT.

UM, YOU KNOW, I CAN, OBVIOUSLY I CAN MAKE A SPREADSHEET AND THEN START KEEPING TRACK WHATEVER'S TAKING NOTES, POTENTIALLY TRACK THAT.

RIGHT.

YEAH.

I THINK, UM, WE'RE JUST TALKING ABOUT A WAY TO KIND OF COMBINE IT.

SO WE HAVE ANOTHER PLANTS.

I WAS JUST GOING TO ADD THAT, YOU KNOW, I THINK THERE MIGHT BE WAYS THAT WE CAN TRACK SOME OF THAT, PARTICULARLY WITH THE SPEAK-UP PIECE OF IT.

UM, OBVIOUSLY WE KNOW WHERE THAT'S COMING FROM.

UM, AS YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE AUDIO

[00:35:01]

CONFIRMATION OF WHERE FOLKS HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS, UM, I WOULD ENCOURAGE THE INDIVIDUAL TAKING NOTES TO MAYBE CAPTURE SOME OF THAT.

WE'LL DO OUR BEST AS WELL.

OF COURSE, ALL OF THIS IS RECORDED.

SO WE CAN GO BACK AND CAPTURE THAT AS WELL.

BUT I THINK JUST TO MAINTAIN THE SORT OF INTEGRITY OF THE, THE TASK FORCE IS PRODUCT, IF YOU WILL, IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA FOR WHOEVER'S SCRIBING THAT DAY TO CAPTURE THAT AS WELL.

OKAY.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

WE WILL HAVE A FEW BASES COVERED THERE.

UM, AND YET, UH, TRACKING THE NUMBER OF THAT COMING THROUGH, SPEAK UP, UM, CAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT FOR THE SESSIONS THAT PREVIOUSLY, UM, LAST, I GUESS.

UM, SO I KNOW THAT THE CITY, UH, HAS SAID THAT YOU ALL ARE SENDING OUT, YOU KNOW, THINGS FOR YOUR CHANNELS.

UM, ARE WE SENDING EMAILS TO FOLKS AS WELL? UM, I JUST WONDER HOW, HOW MANY DIFFERENT WAYS WE'RE CONTACTING PEOPLE.

I GUESS I KNOW I'VE SEEN THE EMAILS AS A COMMISSIONER COME THROUGH FROM STEPHANIE OR SOMEBODY.

UM, SO I KNOW THINGS ARE COMING OUT THAT WAY AS WELL.

UM, AND I THINK ANY FORMAT'S ACCEPTABLE, IF THAT GETS FORWARDED ONTO TO EMAIL GROUP, SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THIS COMMISSIONER CRANKS I'VE BEEN SENDING OUT EMAILS THROUGHOUT DIFFERENT NETWORKS TO INVITE PEOPLE TO THE MEETINGS.

GOTCHA.

I'LL JUST ADD FROM THE CITY'S STAFF PERSPECTIVE.

I THINK IT'S LARGELY BEEN, JUST PUSHED OUT THROUGH OUR, UM, TRADITIONAL SOCIAL CHANNELS.

I DON'T KNOW IF WE'VE DONE ANY SEPARATE EMAIL PER SE, BUT I CAN CHECK ON THAT.

CERTAINLY THE COUNCIL OFFICES THAT ARE PUTTING THINGS OUT THERE, MAYBE DOING IT VIA EMAIL OR VIA THEIR, UH, TRADITIONAL LIST SERVES.

UM, SO THAT THAT'S PROBABLY ONE OTHER METHOD THAT IT'S, THAT IT'S OCCURRING.

OKAY.

AND, UM, ON THAT NOTE THAT ACTUALLY REMINDS ME, HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO, UH, REACH OUT TO ANY OF THE COUNCIL MEMBERS AS OFFICE? DO WE KNOW IF THERE'S GOING TO BE ANYONE COMING TO OUR NEXT MEETING FROM WHAT PATRICIA HAS SHARED WITH ME? IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THERE IS AN INDIVIDUAL COMING TO THE NEXT ONE.

I THINK THE I'M GOING TO TRY AND PULL IT UP HERE.

IF I CAN.

I BELIEVE THE LAST MEETING, UH, ON JUNE 23RD COUNCIL MEMBER HAS INDICATED AN INTEREST IN ATTENDING.

YEAH, THERE YOU GO.

UM, SO NOT NECESSARILY THE 28TH, BUT POSSIBLY JUNE 23RD, SHE ALSO EXPRESSED I'M IN HER DISTRICT.

SO I EXTENDED AN INVITATION TO HAVE HER, OR ONE OF HER REPRESENTATIVES AT LEAST ATTEND, UM, HOPEFULLY HER, BUT, UH, SHE MENTIONED SHE MAY ATTEND.

OKAY.

JASON, WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO, UM, MAYBE SEND A FOLLOW UP TO COUNCIL MEMBERS AND JUST, YOU KNOW, LET THEM KNOW THAT WE'VE HAD A COUNCIL MEMBER AT A PREVIOUS MEETING.

WE'VE HAD COUNCIL MEMBER TESTIMONY THAT WAS SUBMITTED FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS THAT COULDN'T MAKE IT FUN TO SIGN UP FOR THE 23RD AND THAT THERE ARE A COUPLE OF OTHER OPTIONS HERE FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS TO SHOW UP WITH THE PUBLIC, IF THEY CAN.

YEAH, WE WILL BE HAPPY TO PASS THAT ON.

I KNOW PATRICIA HAS COMMUNICATED TO THE OFFICES A COUPLE OF TIMES ALREADY, AND I THINK SHE IS WORKING WITH, UH, COUNCIL MEMBER TOGO'S OFFICE TO HELP KINDA, UH, AMPLIFY THOSE EFFORTS AS WELL, BUT WE WILL BE HAPPY TO REACH BACK OUT TO THEM.

CERTAINLY.

SOUNDS GOOD.

DO WE KNOW THAT THE COUNCIL MEMBERS YESTERDAY WHO WAS HIT PARTICULARLY HARD? UM, CAUSE I WOULD LIKE FOR THEM TO ESPECIALLY BE HERE DURING THIS TASK FORCE MEETINGS, I MEAN, I KNOW THAT, UM, YOU KNOW, SORT OF SOUTH AUSTIN, EAST AND WEST HAD EXTENDED OUTAGES THAT SEEM TO GO ON LONGER THAN OTHER PARTS OF THE CITY, PARTICULARLY WITH WATER.

UM, I'M NOT SAYING THEY HAD IT WORSE OR BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE.

IT WAS, YOU KNOW, NATURE WAS NOT DISCRIMINATING THAT WEEK, BUT, UM, I JUST RECALL SOUTH AUSTIN HAVING A HARD TIME IN THAT REGARD, I'M NOT SURE THERE'S A GOOD WAY TO OBJECTIVELY SAY WHO WAS IMPACTED THE MOST.

WHAT I WILL SAY IS, UH, YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT SOUTH, UH, IN SOUTHWEST AUSTIN, UH, EXPERIENCED SOME EXTENDED OUTAGES AND YOU'LL KNOW THAT, UM, OR YOU'LL YOU MIGHT NOTE THAT COUNCIL MEMBER ELLIS WAS A PARTICIPANT IN THE FIRST MEETING ON APRIL 29TH.

UM, YOU KNOW, I KNOW FROM A PROPERTY INTEGRITY STANDPOINT, I BELIEVE COUNCIL MEMBER KOSSAR'S DISTRICT WAS HIT, UH, SIGNIFICANTLY WITH THAT.

AND I THINK HE HAS IN HIS OFFICE HAVE SUBMITTED SOME WRITTEN TESTIMONY TO ALL OF YOU, WHICH I THINK PATRICIA HAS SENT TO YOU.

AND THAT'S ALSO WHAT I WAS GOING TO MENTION IS THAT

[00:40:01]

SOME OFFICES MAY BE COMMUNICATING, UH, TESTIMONY IN THAT FORMAT TO YOU AS WELL.

YUP.

DID THAT COME IN AFTER THE LAST LISTENING SESSION? I REMEMBER SEEING AN EMAIL, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHEN, SO I DON'T RECALL IF THERE WAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO READ THAT IN.

WE MAY WANT TO ALLOCATE TIME AT THE NEXT SESSION, UM, TO SHARE THAT I THINK WE JUST RAN OUT OF TIME LAST TIME.

CAUSE, UM, CASAREZ DOCUMENT WAS FOUR PAGES AND IT WAS PRETTY THOROUGH.

SO ALL RIGHT.

WE MAY JUST HAVE TO REFERENCE IT THEN I'M NOT PRACTICAL TO READ THAT MUCH AND I DON'T RECALL HOW MUCH WAS IN THERE.

OKAY.

ANY, ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT, YOU KNOW, PARTICULAR DISTRICTS OR NEIGHBORHOODS THAT WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THEIR COUNCIL MEMBERS VOICES HEARD? I MEAN, MY VIEW IS ALL THE COUNCIL MEMBERS SHOULD SUBMIT EITHER ANY TESTIMONY OR COME OR BOTH.

UM, BECAUSE EVERY PART OF THE CITY WAS IMPACTED IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

I WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO, UM, REACH OUT TO PO UH, VIA MY COUNCIL MEMBER.

UM, SO, BUT I DON'T OFTEN HEAR FROM HIM.

SO, UM, HE MAY HOPEFULLY JUST SEND SOME TESTIMONY IF ANYTHING.

OKAY.

YEAH.

I DON'T RECALL IF WE HAVE EVERY DISTRICT REPRESENTED BY TASKFORCE MEMBERS HERE BECAUSE WE'RE MORE ABOUT REPRESENTING DIFFERENT QUALITY OF LIFE COMMISSIONS RATHER THAN DISTRICTS, BUT, UM, YEAH, IF EVERYONE CAN REACH OUT TO THEIR RESPECTIVE, UH, COUNCIL MEMBERS, THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TOO, IF THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY SHOWN UP.

OKAY.

ANY OTHER ITEMS RELATED TO OLD BUSINESS, WHICH WOULD BE THE, YOU KNOW, THE CONTINUING FORMAT AND OUTREACH AND RESPONSE ASSOCIATED WITH THE TASK FORCE SESSIONS UP TO DATE OKAY.

AND THEN ANY NEW BUSINESS ITEMS, ANYTHING WE WANT TO ADD TO OUR NEXT MEETING, EITHER THE PUBLIC MEETING OR THE DEBRIEF SESSION? UM, I'M THINKING NOT NECESSARILY AT THE NEXT ONE.

UM, BUT AS WE GET INTO JUNE AND WE HAVE TO START THINKING ABOUT PREPARING OUR REPORT AND OTHER INPUTS THAT WE MIGHT NEED TO GATHER.

AND SO ON THAT WE CAN INCLUDE THAT AS AN AGENDA ITEMS. SO, UM, JASON, REMIND ME ONCE THE NEXT DEBRIEF, WE JUST HAD IT UP THERE, BUT I DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION.

I WAS LOOKING AT THE LISTENING SESSIONS.

IT SEEM IT'S TWO WEEKS FROM NOW.

SO THAT WOULD PROBABLY FOR INSTANCE HAVE ENOUGH IT'S THE NEXT ONE IS SCHEDULED TO BE JUNE 4TH, FROM 10 TO 11.

AND THAT'S GOING TO BE FOLLOWING THE MAY 28TH MEETING.

OKAY.

WHY DON'T WE ADD ON AGENDA ITEM ON THE JUNE 4TH TO BEGIN TO TALK ABOUT THE REPORT PREPARATION? UM, JUST SO THAT WE ALLOW OURSELVES PLENTY OF RUNWAY TO WORK ON THAT.

AND, UM, ON THAT NOTE, UM, AT THE NEXT MEETING, UM, IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP ME IN THIS PROJECT, I HAD THE IDEA, UM, I KNOW THAT ONE OF THE SPEAKERS LAST TIME TALKED ABOUT, UM, THE COMMUNICATIONS FROM AUSTIN WATER AND OFTEN POWER AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

AND SO I WANTED TO LOOK AT THEIR TWEETS, UM, CAUSE I KNOW THAT THEY HAD LOTS OF, YOU KNOW, TWITTER THREADS AND THINGS LIKE THAT, TRYING TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE PUBLIC.

AND I JUST WANT TO LOOK AT THOSE AND SEE LIKE, YOU KNOW, W WHAT WAS THE QUALITY OF THEIR COMMUNICATION THROUGHOUT.

AND I THINK THAT SHOULD BE SOMETHING INCLUDED IN THE REPORT PRETTY PROFITABLY.

UM, SINCE PEOPLE WERE PRETTY, UM, RIGHTFULLY UPSET ABOUT IT, YOU KNOW, IT, WASN'T VERY HELPFUL.

APPRECIATE YOU SHOWING UP.

OBVIOUSLY, IF ANYBODY ELSE, UM, YOU KNOW, WANTS TO DIVE IN AND HELP JEFFREY, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A MONUMENTAL TASK.

UM, SO ANYBODY WANTS TO SIT ALONGSIDE YOU.

THAT'D BE GREAT.

OKAY.

ANY OTHER NEW BUSINESS ITEMS? SO WE'LL, WE'LL HAVE ONE TO BEGIN DISCUSSING THE CREATION OF THE REPORT AND THE OUTPUT.

ANYTHING ELSE FOR TODAY? ALL RIGHT.

NOT SEEING ANYTHING.

SO WITH THAT, WE'LL ADJOURN 10 48.

WE'LL GIVE YOU 12 MINUTES BACK OF YOUR LIFE AND THANK YOU.

WE'LL SEE YOU AT THE NEXT LISTENING SESSIONS AND SHIT.

Y'ALL SHE'S SAYING THANK YOU.

THANKS.

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Speech-to-Text.