Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

OKAY,

[00:00:11]

MADAM CHAIR.

WELCOME EVERYBODY.

THE ROOM IS GETTING FOOLED OR NOW, SO GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL AND I'LL WAIT MASS, SARAH.

SO I WILL WAIT FOR THE SIGNAL UNTIL YOU TELL ME, MR. EASTON, JUST SEEING A BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

LIKE IT FEELS GREAT.

IT DOES GET LIKE A BEACH BALL OR SOMETHING.

YOU TELL ME WHEN OR OUR PUBLIC COMMENT OR WE WEREN'T ABLE TO HEAR THE SPEAKERS.

OKAY.

YOU CAN START WHEN YOU'RE READY.

WELL, GOOD AFTERNOON, EVERYONE.

UM, WELCOME TO THE LIVE MEETING.

EVERYBODY'S HERE IN PERSON THIS TIME FOR THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP.

UH, MY NAME IS VERONICA CASTRO BARRERA, AND I'M HONORED TO BE HERE WITH MY FELLOW BOARD MEMBERS.

THANK YOU FOR HAVING US, UM, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, RANDY CLARK.

I'M CALLING THIS MEETING TO ORDER TODAY'S WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, AND THE TIME IS TWO 15.

SO, UM, WE HAVE OUR FIRST SPEAKER FOR

[I. Public Comment]

TODAY.

I DON'T KNOW IF HE, UH, IF MS. SYNOVIA JOSEPH IS AVAILABLE.

CAN WE HEAR HER? I CAN HEAR IT.

ECHO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENT, MS. UH, SYNOVIA.

UM, YOU HAVE THREE MINUTES.

I HEAR AN ECHO ON THIS END.

ARE YOU WANTING ME TO SPEAK NOW? YES.

SO WE CAN HEAR YOU FINE.

OKAY.

UH, THANK YOU.

MADAM CHAIR, BOARD MEMBERS.

I'M ZENOBIA JOSEPH.

MY COMMENTS ARE SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO YOUR DISCUSSION ITEM ABOUT THE ORANGE LINE ALIGNMENT REVIEW.

I JUST WANTED TO CALL TO YOUR ATTENTION THAT, UH, THE LANGUAGE IN THE BOARD PACKET ON PAGE 61, 1, IT TALKS ABOUT THE METRO RAPID ENHANCED METRO RAPID FOR NORTH LAMAR TRANSIT CENTER.

I THINK IT'S DISINGENUOUS FOR THAT LANGUAGE TO SPECIFY THAT THE INITIAL INVESTMENT BEGINS AND ENDS AT NORTH MOORE TRANSIT CENTER, BECAUSE AS YOU ARE AWARE, THAT IS TEXT DOTS RIGHT AWAY.

AND WHILE I CERTAINLY UNDERSTAND THAT TXDOT IS A COOPERATING AGENCY WHEN CAPITAL METRO APPROVE THE LONG RANGE VISION MAP FOR PROJECT CONNECT ON DECEMBER 17TH, 2018, IT WAS SOUTH OF US, 180 3, BECAUSE THEY DON'T OWN THE RIGHT OF WAY.

I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT JUST LIKE THE CITY OF AUSTIN AND CAPITAL METRO DON'T OWN THE AREA IN THE PARK SPACE FOR REPUBLIC SQUARE AND BREAST SQUARE.

AND THEY NEEDED A BILL TO PASS IN ORDER TO GET APPROVAL FOR THAT SPACE.

THEY DON'T OWN THE RIGHT OF WAY NORTH OF US, 180 3.

SO IN MY OPINION, THAT'S COOKING THE BOOKS.

WHAT I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT HOW'S BILL 3 8, 9, 3 DIDN'T PASS.

AND IN LARGE PART, I HAVE THE REPUBLICAN SENATORS TO THINK PAXTON FINANCE CHAIR, NELSON EDUCATION, CHAIR, TAYLOR, AND MANY REPUBLICAN SENATORS.

UH, THEIR STAFFERS ACTUALLY LOOKED AT CAPITOL METRO SYSTEM MAP, AND IT DIDN'T TAKE THEM LONG TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S DISCRIMINATORY.

IT'S 60 MINUTES FOR BLACKS.

IT'S SIX MINUTES SOUTH OF US, 180 3.

THAT MEANS THAT BLACK PEOPLE IN NORTHEAST AUSTIN WAIT 10 TIMES LONGER FOR THE BUS.

I JUST WANT TO CALL YOUR ATTENTION BACK TO THE AREA NORTH OF US.

180 3 TONIGHT IS THE SOCCER GAME.

THE AREA THAT IS AT BREAKER AND BURN IT ALL THE WAY TO GREAT HILLS IS WHERE ROUTE 3 92 OPERATES.

THAT'S REPRESENTATIVE GINA HANNAH HOSTESS AREA.

AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I MET WITH RANDY CLARK ON MARCH 20TH, 2018, AND TOLD HIM ABOUT THAT ROUTE AND HE IGNORED US.

BUT TODAY IN EVERY TIME THERE'S A SOCCER GAME, THE BUS

[00:05:01]

WILL RUN EVERY 20 MINUTES.

PEOPLE TRYING TO GET TO WORK THE MINORITIES.

IT'S 45 MINUTES PLUS A 30 MINUTE TRANSFER TO GO TWO MILES.

SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE EQUITY RHETORIC.

WE KNOW THE PAINS, THE DISPARATE IMPACTS WERE ACKNOWLEDGED BY CHAIR COOPER ON JANUARY 28TH, 2019.

AND I WOULD ASK THIS BOARD TO RECOGNIZE IT AS WELL.

LASTLY, I JUST WANT TO CALL YOUR ATTENTION TO THE NEED, TO RESTORE THE SERVICE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN PROJECT CONNECT FOR PARMA LANE.

IT IS A SIGNIFICANT CORRIDOR.

IT WAS STATED IN THE CAMPO BOARD MEETING THIS PAST MONDAY BETWEEN SAMSUNG AND APPLE, THE NORTH CORRIDOR, A LOCALLY PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE PROJECT CONNECTS STUDY ACTUALLY TALKS ABOUT THE GROWTH THROUGH 2035.

I HEAR THE BEEPER I REALIZED MY TIME HAS EXPIRED.

I JUST WANT YOU TO RECOGNIZE THAT THE GROWTH IS IN TRAVIS COUNTY AND WILLIAMSON COUNTY AND THE ROUND ROCK AREA, AND THAT'S WHERE THE BUS NEEDS TO GO.

AND THE PICKUP IS NOT THE LEAST DISCRIMINATORY ALTERNATIVE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I'LL GLADLY ANSWER THEM AT THIS TIME AND APPRECIATE BEING ABLE TO MAKE REMOTE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MS. JOSEPH.

UM, I APPRECIATE YOU SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE.

UM, WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE SPEAKERS, CORRECT? THIS IS OUR ONLY SPEAKER SIGNED UP TODAY.

OKAY.

UM, OUR FIRST DISCUSSION

[II.1. Community Engagement and Involvement Update]

ITEM TODAY IS A MONTHLY UPDATE ON COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND INVOLVEMENT FROM MS. JACKIE.

NIERENBERG WELCOME, JACKIE.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

MADAM CHAIR, BOARD MEMBERS, UH, CEO CLARK AND, UM, ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER.

MY NAME IS JACKIE NIERENBERG I'M DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FOR THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP.

AND IT'S MY PLEASURE TO GIVE YOU OUR MONTHLY UPDATE ON COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT.

NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO WE HAVE BEEN BUSY.

UM, OUR LAST ROUND OF, UH, PUBLIC MEETINGS TOOK PLACE IN LATE APRIL, BUT THE VIRTUAL VERSION OF THAT, THE SELF GUIDED VERSION OF THAT JUST WRAPPED UP MAY 21ST.

AND YOU CAN SEE THE STATISTICS THERE OF OUR PARTICIPATION.

WE ALSO HAD A COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING ON MAY 26TH, A PROJECT CONNECT AMBASSADOR NETWORK MEETING ON MAY 27TH.

AND WE KICKED OFF.

WHAT WAS REALLY EXCITING IS OUR BLUE LINE AND ORANGE LINE WORKING GROUPS.

THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY THAT COMMUNITY MEMBERS HAVE TO REALLY ROLL UP THEIR SLEEVES AND TALK TO OUR PROJECT TEAMS ABOUT THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS, ABOUT THEIR CONCERNS, ABOUT THEIR GOALS AND WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD AND, AND WANT US TO RESPECT IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS.

SO WE HAD THOSE MEETINGS.

UH, WE DID THE BLUE LINE GROUP MEETINGS ON MAY 24TH.

THE ORANGE LINE WORKING GROUPS TOOK PLACE LAST WEEK.

NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO TELL YOU A FEW THINGS THAT WE HEARD IN THOSE WORKING GROUP MEETINGS.

SO ONE OF THE THINGS WE ASKED THEM AT THE VERY BEGINNING WAS WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR COMMUNITY? AND THAT MAY SEEM LIKE A REALLY BROAD QUESTION, BUT ASKING A QUESTION LIKE THAT GETS PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO THEM.

AND THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO HEAR SO THAT WE CO-CREATE A SYSTEM THAT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.

SO ONE OF THE THINGS WE HEARD WAS I LOVE THE PARKS AND OPEN SPACE.

ALL OF RETAIL ACTIVITIES SHOULD BE AT THE STREET LEVEL TO CREATE VIBRANCY AND MAKE THE CITY COME ALIVE THROUGH ITS NATURAL AMENITIES.

WE ALSO ASK THEM WHAT IMPROVEMENTS ARE NEEDED AROUND STATIONS TO MAKE GETTING TO, AND FROM THOSE STATIONS SAFE AND CONVENIENT, PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLING INFRASTRUCTURE WAS ONE EXAMPLE.

ANOTHER WAS PARKING.

NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

WHAT FEATURES DO YOU ENVISION WHEN IMAGINING YOUR EXPERIENCE AT A STATION? UM, SOME PEOPLE SAID NICE ARCHITECTURE, SHADE, BENCHES TREES, IDEALLY A SCREEN THAT DISPLAYS WHEN TRADES ARRIVE RATHER THAN ANNOYING ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THE LOUDSPEAKER.

UM, PLEASE SHARE ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS YOU HAVE.

AND THAT'S WHERE WE HEARD LOTS OF INTERESTING THINGS.

UM, ONE THING WE HEARD WAS VARIOUS MOCK-UPS HAVE BEEN SHOWN FOR THE AIRPORT STATION TEEING TO THE TERMINAL, TEEING IT TO THE TERMINAL TERMINAL, HOWEVER, DESIGNING OF THE STATION SO THAT IT RUNS ALONGSIDE THE TERMINAL WOULD BE BETTER TO ACCOMMODATE POTENTIAL AND FUTURE EXTENSIONS OF THE BLUE LINE FURTHER EAST.

SO THAT'S JUST SOME OF THE EXAMPLES.

UM, THIS KIND OF RICH DATA IS THE KIND OF OPPORTUNITY THAT WE HAVE WITH THESE WORKING GROUPS TO REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO PEOPLE AND THAT'S GOING TO HELP US CREATE THE SYSTEM THAT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.

SO NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO OUR UPCOMING ACTIVITIES, WE HAVE OUR NEXT ROUND OF COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS OR GROUP OR COMMUNITY MEETINGS PLANNED FOR JULY 26TH THROUGH THE 31ST.

THIS WILL BE OUR 15% DESIGN MARK.

THAT'S EARLY DESIGN, BUT IT'S A SIGNIFICANT MILESTONE IN THE PROCESS.

SO WE'RE GOING TO BE HOLDING SIX VIRTUAL MEETINGS AND OUR FIRST IN-PERSON OPEN HOUSE MEETING, UH, IN OVER A YEAR.

SO WE'RE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THAT.

WE'RE GOING TO HOLD THAT AT THE CENTRAL LIBRARY.

[00:10:01]

UM, AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO HAVE, OF COURSE, A SELF GUIDED VIRTUAL VERSION OF THAT, UM, THAT WILL GO LIVE JULY 26TH AND WE'LL BE LIVE THROUGH AUGUST.

WE'LL ALSO HAVE OUR NEXT COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING ON JUNE 30TH AND OUR PROJECT CONNECT AMBASSADOR NETWORK MEETINGS WILL BE JUNE 23RD AND JULY 22ND.

NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE FOR YOU.

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? THANK YOU, MS. NIERENBERG.

DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD? NO.

UM, I DO WANT TO MENTION SOMETHING REGARDING ONE OF THE COMMENTS THAT I THINK IS SALIENT AND FOR THE PUBLIC TO KNOW THAT, YOU KNOW, WE HAVE A REASON FOR THOSE LOUD SPEAKERS TO ANNOUNCE THE NEXT STRAIN COMING, BUT IT'S AN ACCESSIBILITY REQUIREMENT THAT WE NEED TO INDICATE FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED WHEN THE NEXT TRAIN IS COMING.

SO MAYBE WE CAN JUST COME UP WITH A CREATIVE ONE FOR THAT ONE, BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK.

THANK YOU, JACKIE.

UH, AND NEXT

[II.2. Project Connect Technical Update]

WE HAVE, UM, OUR SECOND DISCUSSION ITEM IS OUR MONTHLY PROJECT CONNECT TECHNICAL UPDATE FROM MR. DAVID COUCH, TURNING THE SPEAKER.

UH, WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO IS TO GO AHEAD AND GIVE YOU AN UPDATE ON HOW WE'VE BEEN COMPRESSED PROGRESSING ON OVERALL PROJECT CONNECT.

FIRST PORTION DEALS WITH WHAT WE'RE DOING ON THE RED LINE.

UH, WE CURRENTLY HAVE GOT WORK UNDERWAY TO FINISH UP THE COORDINATION ON THE MCCULLOUGH STATION ON BROADMORE.

WE'RE ONGOING COORDINATION FOR SOME OF THE DRAINAGE, UH, AND GETTING READY TO GO AHEAD AND START THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS.

WE'RE WORKING WITH THE TRAIL FOUNDATION TO GO AHEAD AND BE ABLE TO INTERRELATE THAT WITH THE STATION, UH, LAKELAND DUDLEY, ANDREW'S SECOND TRACK, UH, THAT IS NOW IN THE PROCESS OF RECEIVING PROPOSALS.

UH, PARKING RIDES ARE SOMETHING THAT WE'RE GOING TO TAKE ON NEXT.

WE'VE GOT A LIST OF THE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, AND WE'LL START TO GO THROUGH THOSE FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT AND INTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROCESS, UH, OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS, NEIGHBORHOOD CIRCULATORS, THERE'S THREE OF THOSE INCLUDED IN PROJECT CONNECT.

UH, THE FIRST OF THE THREE ZONES DESA IS SCHEDULED FOR ROLLOUT.

UH, ACTUALLY IT ROLLED OUT THIS WEEK.

SO, UH, WE WE'VE GOT THAT ONE UNDERWAY AND WE'RE PLANNING FOR THE OTHERS, UH, SPECIFICALLY ON METRO RAPID.

UM, THIS IS KIND OF THE PUNCHLINE.

IT'S THE BIG ONE.

THAT'S THE FIRST BULLET.

WE WERE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE PRESIDENT'S BUDGET, UH, FOR EXPO AND PLEASANT VALLEY.

UH, SO THERE'S A COMBINED TOTAL IN THE PRESIDENT'S BUDGET FOR THOSE TWO PROJECTS, WHICH IS 50% OF THE COST OF THE PROJECTS THAT SOME $36 MILLION.

SO THAT'S REALLY THE FIRST PIECE THAT WE'VE GOT.

AND THAT'S THE BIG PORTION THAT WE HAVE FOR THOSE TWO LINES WHERE WE'VE NOW GOT A PROJECT MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT CONTRACTOR ASSIGNED TO US FROM FTA.

UH, THEY'LL WORK WITH US AS WE GET THROUGH THE REST OF THE PROCESS TO GET TO THE POINT THAT WE WILL GET THE GRANT AGREEMENT FOR THE FUNDING.

WE'RE 30% DESIGN AND WE'VE ALSO COMPLETED THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROCESS AND WE'RE GETTING READY TO GO AHEAD AND MOVE FORWARD INTO THE HUNTER PRESENT DESIGN.

WE CONTINUE TO HAVE GREAT COORDINATION WITH THE CITY AS WE GO AHEAD AND MOVE FORWARD WITH THE LOCATION OF THE BUS STOPS AND ALL THE TRANSIT PRIORITY TREATMENT THAT WE'RE GOING TO GO AHEAD AND HAVE THE GOLD LINE MAN CHECKUP, UH, AND THE EXTENSIONS THAT ARE THERE ON SOUTH LAMAR INTO OAK HILL.

UH, THOSE ARE ONES THAT WE'LL START TO DEVELOP.

UH, WE'RE LOOKING AT DEVELOPING AND COMING UP WITH A 30% DESIGN SCOPE, UH, AND THAT WILL GO OUT SHORTLY, SPECIFICALLY ON THE BLUE AND ORANGE LINE.

UH, WE'VE GOT THE 15% DRAFT DESIGN AND WE'VE CIRCULATED THAT FOR COMMENTS, UH, AND WE'RE IN THE PROCESS OF FINALIZING THOSE COMMENTS.

SO WE'LL LET US WRAP UP AND HAVE AN APPROVED 15% DESIGN.

WE'VE GOT THE SURVEY COMPLETED FOR THE BORINGS AND SEVEN TO 10 OF THE ONES THAT ARE NECESSARY FOR THE TUNNEL.

WE'VE STARTED THE ARCHEOLOGICAL WORK, AND WE CONTINUE AGAIN TO CONTINUE WITH OUR PARTNERS IN WORKING FORWARD WITH THE ROADWAY, THE PEDESTRIAN, AND ALL THE OTHER PARTS.

AS WE GO THROUGH THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS, WE ALSO HAVE GONE ON THE, UH, ENVIRONMENTAL PART AND TAKING THE FIRST STEP THAT'S THERE.

WE'VE GONE AHEAD.

AND FDA HAS PUBLISHED, WHAT'S CALLED A NOTICE OF INTENT AND NOTICE OF INTENT NOTIFIES THAT THERE WILL BE AN ENVIRONMENTAL PROCESS THAT GOES ON IT'S PUBLISHED IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER.

SO IT OFFICIALLY KICKS THAT PART OFF.

WE ALSO SUBMITTED A LETTER FOR ENTRY INTO PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

THAT'S THE FIRST STEP IN THE FUNDING PROCESS WHERE WE SUBMITTED THAT LAST WEEK.

WE'VE GOT SOME COMMENTS BACK.

ACTUALLY, THEY CAME THIS MORNING, WE'RE GETTING READY TO RESPOND TO THOSE, UH, SO THAT WE CAN OFFICIALLY GET INTO THAT PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PORTION, WHICH LETS US START TO ACCUMULATE COSTS THAT CAN LATER BE USED FOR THE LOCAL MATCH.

SO THAT'S JUST, THAT'S

[00:15:01]

THE FIRST STEP IN THAT PART OF THE FEDERAL PROCESS UNDER CIG A LITTLE BIT OF DETAIL ON WHERE WE ARE WITH THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT.

THERE ARE A TOTAL OF SEVEN CHAPTERS AND WE'VE STARTED TO DRAFT THE FIRST TWO.

UH, THE INTRODUCTION, THE DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE AND NEED IS THE FIRST LEADING CHAPTER AT THE VERY BEGINNING.

AND THEN WE'LL GO INTO THE ALTERNATIVES CONSIDERED, WHICH REALLY GOES BACK TO A LOT OF THE THINGS THAT WE DID LAST YEAR TO GO AHEAD AND GET TO THE LOCALLY PREFERRED ALTERNATIVES.

WOULD THAT, THAT INCLUDES THE INCLUDES, THE MONTHLY UPDATE.

I'D BE GLAD TO TAKE ANY QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU, MR. COUCH.

DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? NO.

WELL, FIRST OFF, CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING THAT MATCHING FOND OF BEING ON THE BUDGET OF THE PRESIDENT'S BUDGET FOR METRO RAPID.

I KNOW IT'S BEEN A LONG AND ARDUOUS PROCESS, SO CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US THAT WE GET TO THAT FIRST STEP.

WE'VE GOT A GREAT TEAM AND A GREAT BOARD, AND I THINK THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE FUN AS WE MOVE THE PROGRAM FORWARD.

I'M REALLY LOOKING TO IT.

THANK YOU.

YES.

MY RECOLLECTION IS THAT THERE OFTENTIMES A LOT OF THINGS IN THE PRESIDENT'S BUDGET THAT DON'T SHOW UP IN WHAT ELSE EVENTUALLY HAPPENS, HOW PREDICTIVE IS THIS, THAT WE'RE, THAT THIS PROJECT IS IN THE PRESENT.

I THINK WITH THE RATING THAT WE GOT, UH, AND WHAT'S IN THERE, AND THE FACT THAT IT IS ONE OF THE FEW SMALL STARTS THAT ARE IN THERE.

I THINK THAT WE'RE GOING TO BE IN VERY GOOD SHAPE.

IT'S NOTHING IS EVER GUARANTEED AS YOU KNOW, WHEN TO GO FORWARD WITH IT.

UH, BUT I BELIEVE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE GOOD SUCCESS WITH IT.

THANK YOU.

AND YOU MENTIONED THIS IS 50% OF THE BUDGETED COSTS FOR THOSE TWO ALIGNMENTS.

YEAH.

THE, THE RATIO OF IT'S THERE ON SMALL STARTS, WHICH ARE PROJECTS UNDER $300 MILLION, UH, IS NORMALLY A 50% SHARE.

UH, SO THAT'S WHAT WE GET FROM EACH ONE OF THOSE FOR EXPO AND FOR PLEASANT VALLEY.

IT'S, IT'S, IT'S ABOUT 17 ON ONE, UH, AND 16 ON THE OTHER ONE.

WELL, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

DO WE HAVE ANY FURTHER COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS FOR MR. COUCH? YES, YES.

UH, RELATED TO THAT IS, UH, WHAT ARE SOME OF OUR OTHER PROJECTS ULTIMATELY BE ELIGIBLE FOR THAT SAME LEVEL OF MATCH, LIKE THE PARKING, THE PARKING RIDES AND, UM, GOLDMAN SHAKA, SOUTH LAMAR, ALL THE OTHER, UH, METRO W WE'RE GOING TO DO THE ANALYSIS.

UH, I'M AN, CHEKA SEE HOW THAT WOULD FAIR.

UH, THE GOLD LINE WILL NOT BE GOING FORWARD AS A FEDERAL PROJECT.

UH IT'S WHEN THAT WOULD BE ANTICIPATED TO BE LOCALLY FUNDED, UH, BECAUSE OVER TIME WITH THE INTENTION OF CONVERTING THAT OVER TO LIGHT RAIL, IF YOU DON'T USE THE FEDERAL CONTRIBUTION AND ASSETS TO THE END OF THEIR USEFUL LIFE, THEY'RE GOING TO BE LOOKING TO GET MONEY BACK.

SO IT'S, IT'S THE STARTING POINT FOR THAT ONE.

UH, AND YES, WE CAN PURSUE A WHOLE SERIES OF DIFFERENT FUNDING ALTERNATIVES, WHETHER IT'S PARKING RIDES OR ANY OF THE OTHER SECTIONS.

THANK YOU.

APPRECIATE IT.

THANKS.

THANK YOU, BOARD MEMBER ELKINS.

OH, THANKS DAVE.

JUST A QUICK QUESTION ABOUT THE, UM, BORINGS THAT YOU'VE DONE AND THE, UM, THE, THE SURVEYS AND, AND, UH, AS WELL AS KIND OF WHERE YOU ARE ON THE DESIGN AND ANY SURPRISES, ANY, ANY THINGS THAT, UH, KIND OF HAVE COME UP THAT, THAT CAUSED SOME CONCERN OR JUST THE SURVEY HASN'T FOUND ANYTHING SUPER MAJOR.

WE FOUND A COUPLE OF LOCATIONS WHERE THERE'S SOME INTRUSION ON THE RIGHT OF WAY, UH, THAT HAS BEEN BUILT OVER TIME.

THAT WE'LL FIND A WAY TO WORK THROUGH THAT WITH THE CITY.

UH, BUT THERE REALLY IS NOTHING THAT WAS WAY OUT OF NORMAL.

UH, THE GEO-TECH, THE BORINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD.

UH, AND WE WANT TO FINISH THE DEEP ONES FOR THE TUNNEL, UH, SO THAT WE MAKE SURE THAT WE'VE GOT, UH, THAT GOOD SECTION AND WE KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE ROCK STARTS AND WE CAN GET DEEP ENOUGH.

YES.

UM, LET ME HAVE TO SHUT THEM.

I RELATED TO THAT AND MY UNDERSTANDING THAT NEXT MONTH, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THE UPDATE ON THAT KIND OF, THAT, THAT, THAT FLY OVER, OR THAT RUN THROUGH OF, OF WHAT THAT SEGMENT, UH, THAT THAT WOULD INCLUDE THE TUNNEL, UH, IS POTENTIALLY GOING TO LOOK LIKE, OR KIND OF WHERE WE ARE AT THIS, THIS INITIAL, UM, I GUESS, BRAINSTORMING OR FLY OVER THIS KIND OF 15%, WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO HEAR TODAY, UH, FROM PETER AND JOHN, UH, IS THE RUN THROUGH OF THE ORANGE LINE.

JUST LIKE YOU GOTTA GET THE RUN THROUGH OF THE BLUE LINE PREVIOUSLY.

UH, AND NEXT IS THE STATIONS NEXT IS THE TUNNEL.

OKAY, GREAT.

THANK YOU.

IF THERE ARE NO FURTHER COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS.

OKAY.

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH, MR. COUCH.

SO NOW WE'RE GOING TO HAVE

[II.3. Administrative Program Updates]

THE ADMINISTRATIVE UPDATE FROM, UH, MS. JULIANA HARRIS, AND I BELIEVE I'M GOING TO FIRST, MR. CANALE

[00:20:01]

OR NO, GO AHEAD.

IT'S JILLIAN.

WELCOME MS. HARRIS.

THANK YOU.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

MADAM CHAIR, BOARD MEMBERS, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CLARK, SINCE LAST MONTH, I GUESS I SHOULD HIT THIS SINCE LAST MONTH WITH THE NEW EIGHT ADDITIONAL TEAM MEMBERS.

WE'VE ACTUALLY ADDED 96 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE AREAS OF GOVERNMENT NONPROFIT, PRIVATE SECTOR, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, AND IN THE SMALLER, UH, LOWER AREA THERE, THE PUBLIC TRANSIT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, WE HAVE ADDED AN ADDITIONAL 49 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.

AS YOU SEE IN THE MAP, WE ARE EMPLOYING PEOPLE FROM ACROSS THE ORGANIZATION, ACROSS THE COUNTRY, EXCUSE ME, THESE ARE SOME OF OUR NEW HIRES.

YOU WILL SEE THEIR ROLES ACROSS AGAIN, A DIVERSE TEAM OF PEOPLE.

AND WE HAVE SOME STARTING ON CROSS.

THE, YOU HAVE JUNE 14TH, WE HAVE JULY 6TH, JULY 12TH WITH PEOPLE BEING ONBOARDED.

AND THEN WE HAVE, UH, MR. CARR, UM, COMING ON ON JUNE 21ST AND MS. , WHO IS A CONDUIT FROM CAPITAL METRO.

AND THEN WE HAVE MS. HAMILTON WHO IS COMING ON IN A TEMPORARY CAPACITY, AND WE'LL BE WORKING ON A PROJECT, UH, WITH THE PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT, UH, AND SHE IS RETIRED FROM DART.

AND THAT CONCLUDES MY UPDATE.

ANY QUESTIONS? THANK YOU, MS. HARRIS, DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? OKAY, GREAT.

THANK YOU.

GREAT JOB, SIR.

YES, SIR.

THAT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT THINKING.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

AND NOW WE HAVE MR. GREG GOOD AFTERNOON CHAIR, UH, ATP BOARD, UH, DIRECTOR OF CLARK.

UM, WE'RE REALLY HAPPY THAT JULIANE IS BUSY.

IT'S BEEN GREAT FOR US.

YOU CAN SEE THE RELIEF ON OUR SHOULDERS AS WE BRING ON MORE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS.

UM, SO WE'RE HERE TODAY REAL QUICK TO DO A UPDATE ON, ON THE BUDGET ASSUMPTIONS AS WE MOVE INTO THE BUDGET SCHEDULE.

BUT I ALSO WANT TO TAKE A BRIEF MOMENT TO INTRODUCE ONE OF OUR NEW HIRES, VICKI REDERICK, WHO COME FROM DARK.

SHE IS OUR DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT.

SO I JUST WANT TO GIVE A CHANCE FOR HER TO INTRODUCE HERSELF AND ACTUALLY TALK TO YOU REAL QUICKLY ABOUT A KIND OF A MAJOR EFFORT THAT SHE'S WORKING ON TO BRING BACK TO YOU HERE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS, REVOLT, REVOLVING OUR PROCUREMENT.

THANK YOU.

WELCOME MS. RED FRICK.

I HOPE I PRONOUNCED THAT CORRECTLY.

GOOD.

WELL, MADAM CHAIR, BOARD MEMBERS AND DIRECTOR CLARK.

I AM VICKI RODRICK PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR FOR ATP.

ONE OF THE MAJOR INITIATIVES THAT WE'RE WORKING ON IS TO PUT TOGETHER A PROCUREMENT MANUAL, WHICH I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO BRINGING BACK TO YOU FOR APPROVAL, UH, FOR THE AUGUST BOARD.

SO THAT'S THE MAJOR INITIATIVE THAT WE'RE WORKING ON NOW.

I'M HAPPY TO BE HERE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH.

TURN IT BACK OVER TO THE UNITS.

WELCOME.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, VICKI.

AND NOW I LOVE TO INTRODUCE DIANE SILER, WHO IS ATPS BUDGET DIRECTOR.

UM, AND SHE'S GOING TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOU WALKING THROUGH SOME SLIDES AGAIN ABOUT OUR BUDGET ASSUMPTIONS.

AS WE MOVE INTO, UH, THE KIND OF THE CORE OF THE FISCAL 22 PLANNING, UH, DIANE HAS JUST A WEALTH OF EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH VERY LARGE BUDGETS AND WORKING WITH EVERYONE AND ORGANIZATION TO BRING BUDGETS, TO BEAR IN FRONT OF THE BOARD.

SO THANK YOU.

WELCOME MS. SILER.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

SO, AS GREG SAID, I'M SEILER.

I AM YOUR BUDGET DIRECTOR.

AND TODAY I GET THE PLEASURE OF WALKING IN WALKING YOU THROUGH SOME OF THE, UM, HIGHER LEVEL BUDGET ELEMENTS THAT WILL BE, UM, HELPING US TO, UH, FRAME NEXT YEAR'S BUDGET.

SO THIS GRAPHIC ILLUSTRATES THE FUNDING MODEL FOR ATP.

AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL WE HAVE, THERE ARE THREE FUNDING SOURCES FROM THE CITY OF AUSTIN CAPITAL METRO AND THE FTA GRANTS.

AND THOSE FUNDS WILL COME INTO ATP AND WE'LL BE ABLE TO USE THEM TO OVERSEE AND FINANCE THE CONSTRUCTION AND THE IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR PROJECT CONNECT PROJECTS.

UH, NOT ONLY WILL WE BE ABLE TO FUND ITEMS ON A CASH BASIS, BUT WE'LL ALSO BE ABLE TO ISSUE REVENUE BONDS, WHICH WILL GIVE US THE ABILITY TO, UM, OFFSET THE GAP IN THE CONSTRUCTION COSTS AND THE REVENUE RECEIPTS.

AND LIKEWISE, WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO, UH, REQUEST FEDERAL LOANS THROUGH THE TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCING AND INNOVATION ACT, UH, AKA TIFIA.

I THINK THAT'LL BE THE LAST TIME I SAY THAT.

UM, AND SO, UH, FINALLY, ONCE PROJECTS COME ONLINE, WE'LL START FLOWING FUNDS BACK TO CAPITAL METRO FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND THE

[00:25:01]

OPERATIONS OF THOSE TRANSIT ENHANCEMENTS.

LAST MONTH, YOU WERE PRESENTED THIS BUDGET CALENDAR BY GREG.

UM, AND SO TODAY MY PRESENTATION TO YOU ON THE BUDGET AND FRAMEWORK, WE'LL MARK THE SECOND ITEM IN OUR, IN OUR CHECKPOINT.

UM, OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS, STAFF WILL BE CONTINUING THE DEVELOPMENT AND THE COMPLETION OF THE PROPOSED BUDGET, WHICH WE WILL BRING BACK TO YOU ON AUGUST 18TH.

ALSO IN AUGUST, WE PLAN ON PRESENTING THE PROPOSED BUDGET TO THE, UH, FINANCE AND RISK ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

AND THEN OUR PROCESS WILL CULMINATE ON SEPTEMBER 15TH WHEN YOU'LL BE ASKED TO APPROVE OUR OPERATING AND CAPITAL BUDGET, WHICH STARTS OCTOBER 1ST.

SO, AS I MENTIONED, UM, IN THE FIRST SLIDE ATP HAS THREE FUNDING SOURCES, UM, FOR THE PROPERTY TAX REVENUE, WE ARE MAINTAINING, UM, A GROWTH RATE OF THE THREE AND A HALF PERCENT THAT WAS INCLUDED IN THE FINANCIAL MODEL.

AND ALSO THIS IS, UM, IN ALIGNMENT WITH THE CITY'S FORECAST, BUT AS WE MOVE FORWARD AND AS WE DEVELOP OUR BUDGET FURTHER, WE MAY HAVE TO MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO ACCOUNT FOR ANY CHANGES IN CITY ASSUMPTIONS.

UM, FOR INSTANCE, IF THERE'S CHANGES TO THE PROPERTY TAX ROLL THAT WE, THAT WERE UNEXPECTED FOR CAPITAL METRO, WE ARE INCLUDING IN THE, UM, BUDGET, THE ASSUMPTIONS THAT WERE INCLUDED IN THE, UM, IN THE FINANCIAL MODEL.

SO THAT'S AN ALIGNMENT AND WE CONTINUE TO WORK WITH OUR, UH, FINANCIAL ADVISOR ON THE TIMING, FEDERAL FUNDING.

UH, YOU HAVE ALREADY, UH, DAVE WAS ALREADY ABLE TO WALK YOU THROUGH TWO OF OUR MOST SIGNIFICANT HIGHLIGHTS OR MILESTONES.

AND THAT BEING THAT THE TWO METRO METRO RAPID, UH, PLEASANT VALLEY AND EXPO LINES HAVE BEEN INCLUDED AT THE 50% MARK, WHICH IS VERY ENCOURAGING SINCE THAT IS ONE OF THE ASSUMPTIONS WE BUILT INTO OUR MODEL.

AND THEN THE SECOND IS THAT WE, UM, WE DID OFFICIALLY REQUEST THAT THE ORANGE AND THE BLUE LINES BE, UH, ACCEPTED INTO PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, THEN MOVING OVER TO EXPENDITURES.

THE FIRST THING I DO WANT TO JUST HIGHLIGHT AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN, IS THAT YESTERDAY MARKED OUR FIRST MAJOR MILESTONE IN PROJECT CONNECT, UM, WITH THE, UH, UH, WITH OUR ON-DEMAND SERVICES IN, UM, IN, IN THE DESA NEIGHBORHOODS.

SO IT'S EXCITING TO SEE THOSE PLANS ACTUALLY START COMING TO FRUITION.

AND AS WE PLAN FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR, WE'RE GOING TO BE LOOKING AT THE WORK INVOLVED IN ADVANCING OUR PROJECTS THROUGH THE ENVIRONMENT, THROUGH THE ENGINEERING AND THE DESIGN PHASES.

AND WE'RE ALSO GOING TO BE CONTINUING OUR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EFFORTS ON THE ORANGE AND THE BLUE LINES, UM, INCORPORATED INTO NEXT YEAR'S BUDGET WILL BE THE CONSTRUCTION AND THE IMPLEMENTATION FOR THE EXPO IN THE PLEASANT VALLEY.

IT'LL BE, WE'LL ALSO BE BUYING BUSES AND STARTING THE, UM, STARTING THE, UH, ENHANCEMENTS ON THE RED LINE.

AND FYI 22 IS GOING TO MARK THE BEGINNING OF OUR PROPERTY ACQUISITION.

SO ON THIS FINAL SLIDE THERE ON THIS FINAL SLIDE, THERE ARE JUST A COUPLE OF ITEMS THAT I WANT TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO, AND THEY'RE SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM ISSUES.

SO WE'RE GOING TO BE KEEPING AN EYE ON, UM, FEDERAL FUNDING.

FOR INSTANCE, THE INFRASTRUCTURE BILL IS CONTINUING TO BE DEBATED BACK AND FORTH BY THE REPUBLICANS AND THE DEMOCRATS.

I MEAN, I THINK THE LAST THING I SAW WAS THAT THE REPUBLICAN PLAN HAD $98 BILLION FOR PUBLIC TRANSIT.

UM, WE'RE KEEPING AN EYE ON THE FTA CONTRIBUTION AMOUNTS SO THAT, UH, WE CAN MAKE SURE THAT OUR ASSUMPTIONS IN OUR MODELS ARE STILL SOUND, UM, NATIONWIDE CONSTRUCTION COSTS HAVE BEEN INCREASING AND WE'RE, WE ARE MONITORING THAT THAT IS NOT NECESSARILY A CONCERN FOR US YET BECAUSE WE ARE STILL A FEW YEARS OUT FROM ISSUING BIDS.

HOWEVER, WE NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON IT.

UM, BUT OF MORE CONCERN IS THE PROPERTY ACQUISITION COSTS, UM, BECAUSE OF THE RISING COSTS IN THE LOCAL AREA.

AND THAT, AS I MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS SLIDE, WE ARE STARTING OUR, UM, OUR BUYS FOR NEXT YEAR.

AND THEN THE FINAL THING THAT WE'RE KEEPING AN EYE ON IS ANY CHANGES TO DESIGN DESIGN, UM, ANY CHANGES IN DESIGN DECISIONS CAN ROLL OUT AND HAVE A BIG COST IMPLICATIONS IN THE FUTURE.

SO THAT CONCLUDES MY PRESENTATION.

UM, ANY QUESTIONS? THANK YOU, MS. SILER CASS OR MEMBER ELKINS.

I WOULDN'T BE DOING MY JOB IF I'M THE FINANCE GUY AND THE BOARD AND NOT ASKING THE QUESTION RIGHT.

[00:30:02]

ANYHOW, FIRST OF ALL, I'D LIKE TO CONGRATULATE YOU FOR BEING HERE.

IT'S GREAT THAT YOU'RE ON BOARD.

UM, I'M SURE WE'LL KEEP YOU BUSY AND HOPEFULLY THERE'LL BE A LOT OF WORK TO DO, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU, SO I GUESS A COUPLE THINGS, UM, ON YOUR SLIDE 22, WHERE YOU TALK ABOUT HORIZON ISSUES.

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THEM.

UM, SOME OTHER THINGS I THINK WE MAY WANT TO THINK ABOUT, AND I'M SURE IN THE BACK OF EVERYBODY'S MIND IS CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE, RIGHT? AS CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE ACCELERATES, OR DECELERATES, THAT'S GOING TO HAVE A COST IMPLICATION OF COURSE, INTEREST RATES.

UM, AND THEN JUST BROADLY THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF, OF DE-RISKING, YOU KNOW, THE MORE WE CAN DE-RISK THE PROGRAM OR TRANSFER THOSE RISKS TO THE RIGHT PARTY THAT THAT HOPEFULLY WILL HELP OUR COSTS.

YOU KNOW, SO ONE OF THE THINGS I THINK WILL BE HELPFUL IS I KNOW WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BUDGET UPDATE, WHICH IS IMPORTANT, UH, ONCE A YEAR, BUT I THINK THAT BUDGET UPDATE SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE CAP EX COSTS AND RIGHT.

SO ALL THESE TYPES OF THINGS, AS WELL AS SCHEDULED.

SO WE SEE A HOLISTIC PROGRAM, BUDGET UPDATES.

SO WE GET A SENSE OF WHERE ARE WE, THEN WE CAN GO BACK TO THIS TAX RATE SOON THAT WE'RE ALL ON THE TAX RATES SO THAT, YOU KNOW, WE DON'T GET SURPRISES.

SO, SO THOSE ARE THINGS THAT I THINK WOULD BE HELPFUL.

WONDERFUL.

AND ONE OTHER COMMENT, AND THIS IS KIND OF, UM, A BIT OUT THERE, BUT I LIKE TO THINK OF THINGS THAT ARE A LITTLE BIT UNUSUAL ON, ON 18.

WE TALK ABOUT THE THREE SOURCES OF FUNDING, RIGHT? CITY OF AUSTIN FUNDING, CAP, METRO, AND FTA GRANTS.

I'D LIKE JUST TO PLANT A SEED, THINK ABOUT IT.

IS THERE A FOURTH BOX, WHICH WOULD BE PERHAPS PRIVATE MONEY CORPORATIONS.

WE'VE GOT A LOT OF COMPANIES THAT ARE MOVING IN TO AUSTIN THAT COULD RECEIVE BENEFITS FROM TRANSIT.

YOU KNOW, IF, IF ALIGN WAS EXTENDED TO THINK ABOUT, YOU KNOW, HELPING TO DEFRAY SOME OF THE COSTS OF, YOU KNOW, PART B OF THE PROGRAM.

SURE.

AS WE THINK ABOUT THAT, HOW YOU, WE COULD, WE'VE ALREADY DECIDED TO SAMPLES FOR THAT RIGHT.

WITH THE MCCALLA STATION.

SO WE'VE GOT THAT.

YEAH.

I THINK, YOU KNOW, YOU'VE SEEN IT IN CALIFORNIA AND OTHER PLACES LIKE THAT WHERE COMPANIES LIKE GOOGLE AND OTHER COMPANIES ARE HELPING TO PAY FOR, FOR TRANSIT.

AND MAYBE THERE'S A WAY DOWN THE ROAD THAT THAT COULD HELP DEFRAY SOME OF THE COSTS.

ABSOLUTELY.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

MADAM CHAIR.

DO WE ALREADY HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITH THE AGREEMENT WITH AUSTIN FC, PERHAPS THERE'S THAT BOX ALREADY EXISTS? YEAH, GO AHEAD.

I'M HAPPY TO SPEAK TO THAT.

YEAH.

ALSO IN THE CAR.

SO NOT ATP CUP METRO SIDE, THERE IS A PETRI ARRANGEMENT BETWEEN CAP METRO AND AUSTIN FC.

THERE'S ALSO ONE BETWEEN BRAND NEW WINE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AND CAP METRO FOR THE BROADMORE STATION.

SO WE HAVE TWO P THREE STATIONS ACTUALLY IN DEVELOPMENT WORKING TOWARDS GROUNDBREAKINGS.

UH, YEAH, I THINK, I THINK A BOARD MEMBER TO YOUR POINT AND WE'VE, WE JUST DIDN'T LIST THAT OUT YET, BUT UNDERNEATH ALL THIS WILL BE, ARE THERE OPPORTUNITIES, ESPECIALLY ON THE STATION DEVELOPMENT SIDE.

SO WE DON'T REALLY ENVISION ANYTHING ON THE ALIGNMENT SIDE PER SE, BUT AT A STATION DEVELOPMENT, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE TO HAVE A STATION EMBEDDED MAYBE IN A TOWER DOWNTOWN? HOW DOES SOME OF THOSE COSTS, YOU KNOW, SHARING POTENTIALLY WORK? UH, SO THERE'S A VARIETY OF TOOLS.

I THINK WE'LL EVOLVE KIND OF AFTER 30% DESIGN AND ON ONCE WE REALLY KIND OF HAVE THAT BASELINE DONE AND THEN KIND OF HAVE A BETTER SENSE OF WHAT DEVELOPMENT PROPERTIES WILL WILL, OR PROPERTIES THAT HAVE DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES AROUND THOSE STATIONS.

SO IT'S DEFINITELY IN THE BACK OF OUR MIND OF HOW THE, HOW THAT COULD BE.

SO MY QUESTION IS WHEN, WHEN WOULD IT BE A GOOD TIME FOR US TO START THINKING ABOUT THOSE THREE POTENTIALS? UM, I WOULD SAY W I WOULD SAY WE HAVE TO BE A LITTLE CAREFUL WITH THE TERMINOLOGY.

I THINK A P THREE CAUSE P THREE MEANS A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS TO A LOT OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE, UH, PURE P THREE, THE WAY WE DESCRIBE A JOINT, A TRUE PRIVATE PARTNER, A PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP STATION.

WE'RE ALREADY THINKING THROUGH THAT, BUT YOU KNOW, WE'RE PROBABLY A YEAR TO 18 MONTHS PROBABLY BEFORE WE COULD REALLY START SEEING HOW SOME OF THOSE COULD FRAME UP WITH THE STATION DESIGN.

CAUSE WE GOT TO GET THROUGH THE NEPA PROCESS AND WE GOT TO GET TO A 30% DESIGN.

AND THEN I THINK SOME OF THOSE WILL UNFOLD, UM, YOU KNOW, ALTER ALTERNATIVE DELIVERY METHODOLOGY, WHICH SOMETIMES GETS WRAPPED INTO P THREE.

THAT IS WHERE WE WILL THINK THROUGH THINGS LIKE, SHOULD WE DO SOME DESIGN DESIGN, BUILD DESIGN, BID, BUILD PROGRESSIVE DESIGN, BUILD CMC, LIKE THERE'S A VARIETY OF METHODOLOGIES AND, UH, WE'RE NOT FAR FROM, UH, GREG IS WORKING ON A SCOPE, UH, TO PUT OUT FOR, UM, KIND OF A RISK CONSULTANT THAT WILL COME IN AND HELP REALLY KIND OF HELP DEFINE FOR US CONTRACT DELIVERY METHODOLOGY TO BRING BACK TO THE BOARD SOME GREAT OPTIONS TO GET FROM 30% ON FOR THE, FOR THE MEGA PROJECTS.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

YEAH.

REMEMBER STRATTON, WAS THERE, WERE THERE ANY CONCERNS COMING OUT OF THIS LEGISLATIVE SESSION THAT MIGHT IMPACT OUR LONGTERM FUNDING METHODOLOGY AT THIS POINT SPECIFICALLY? I SEEM TO REMEMBER THAT THERE WERE SOME THINGS THAT CAME OUT OF SESSION RELATING TO, UH, REVENUE BONDS, BUT I I'M TRYING TO REMEMBER IF THAT MAY HAVE MORE IMPACTED THE MUNICIPAL SIDE OF THE EQUATION.

MAYBE

[00:35:01]

NOT SO MUCH.

LGC YEAH.

IT WAS MORE ABOUT THE, UM, THE GEO DEBT.

SO WE DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY OF THAT.

YEAH.

UH, BUT WE'LL, WE'LL BE, I GUESS WE'LL BE KEEPING AN EYE ON THAT IN FUTURE LEGISLATIVE SESSIONS, JUST IN CASES WE'RE PROGRESSING.

CORRECT.

ALWAYS IF THERE ARE NO OTHER QUESTIONS, I WILL SEE YOU IN TWO MONTHS WITH OUR PROPOSED BUDGET.

THANK YOU.

AND YOU'RE WELCOME.

SO I THINK WE ARE, UM, GREG CANALY BACK AGAIN, OR THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR.

I THINK WE'RE NOW DONE WITH THE, UM, THESE UPDATES.

OKAY.

WE'RE BACK MOVING INTO THE ABOARD AGENDA ACTION ITEMS. OKAY.

SO NOW WE'RE READY FOR OUR ACTION ITEMS. OKAY.

DO, YEAH.

SO IT WAS POSTED ON THE AGENDA THAT WE WOULD GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION, BUT THERE NO LONGER A NEED TO GO THROUGH THAT.

I BELIEVE.

SO WE'RE GOING TO GO AHEAD AND CONTINUE WITH OUR FIRST ACTION ITEM.

SO IT'S THE, UM, ACTUALLY

[IV.1. Approval of the minutes from the May 19, 2021 board meeting.]

WE FIRST HAVE TO APPROVE OUR MEETING MINUTES.

YES.

SO, UH, APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES FROM OUR MAY 19TH, 2020, ONE OF THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD MEETING.

UM, IF EVERYONE HAS HAD TIME TO REVIEW THOSE LAST MONTH'S MEETING MINUTES, I WOULD REQUEST A MOTION AND A SECOND FOR ITEM NUMBER ONE, BOARD MEMBER ELKINS.

AND A SECOND.

THANK YOU.

BOARD MEMBER BURNETT.

DO I HAVE A BOAT, EVERYONE TO IN FAVOR, SAY AYE, OPPOSE NOBODY.

I SAY I AS WELL, THE MEETING MINUTES HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

UM, OUR SECOND

[IV.2. Appointment of members to the Austin Transit Partnership Technical Advisory Committees.]

ITEM ON THE AGENDA IS THE RESOLUTION APPOINTING THE INITIAL MEMBERS OF THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP, TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

AND FOR THAT TO HAVE MS. NIERENBERG, UM, GIVE US AN UPDATE.

OKAY.

THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR.

UM, SO IF YOU RECALL, WE OPENED UP AN APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THREE ADVISORY COMMITTEES TO THE BOARD.

THESE WERE THE ENGINEERING ARCHITECTURE AND CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE, THE FINANCE AND RISK COMMITTEE AND THE PLANNING, SUSTAINABLE SUSTAINABILITY EQUITY DBE COMMITTEE.

WE HAD LOADS OF APPLICATIONS AND I WANT TO THANK THE BOARD MEMBERS FOR REVIEWING THOSE AND DELIBERATING ABOUT THOSE.

THERE WAS A LOT TO CONSIDER A LOT OF TALENTED PEOPLE, AND THIS IS THE SLATE THAT IS BEING RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL TODAY.

WELL, I KNOW THIS IS ANOTHER GREAT MILESTONE FOR THE GROUP.

SO DO WE HAVE ANY, ANY COMMENTS AND THANK YOU, MS. JACKIE FOR LEADING THIS EFFORT AS WELL.

UM, MAY I HAVE A MOTION TO APPROVE THE SLATE OF CANDIDATES AND A SECOND PLEASE? AND YOUR FIRST MAYOR ADLER.

THANK YOU.

UH, WE WILL HAVE A VOTE.

EVERYONE WHO APPROVES THIS, PLEASE SAY AYE.

AYE, AYE.

AS WELL.

AND THERE'S NO, UH, NAYS.

THANK YOU.

SO THE ACTION ITEM NUMBER TWO HAS BEEN APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY.

THANK YOU.

SO NOW WE'RE GOING TO MOVE

[Items IV.3. & IV.4.]

ON TO ACTION ITEMS, NUMBER THREE AND FOUR.

THANK YOU, MR. CANALE.

THANK YOU.

SO WE'RE GOING TO DO THE APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR HIS DESIGNEE TO NEGOTIATE AN EXECUTED TASK QUARTER WITH CVRE INCORPORATED IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED A $4,750,000 TO PROVIDE CERTAIN OWNER REPRESENTATIVE SERVICES WOULD RESPECT TO POTENTIAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPACE AND TOGETHER WITH THIS ACTION ITEM, NUMBER FOUR, WE'RE ALSO GOING TO APPROVE RESOLUTIONS AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR HIS DESIGNEE TO NEGOTIATE AND EXECUTE A SUBLEASE AGREEMENTS WITH PARSLEY ENERGY LP WITH CERTAIN ADMINISTRATIVE SPACE LOCATED AT 3 0 1 CONGRESS AVENUE AND 2 0 3 COLORADO STREET.

MR. WILL GIVE US AN UPDATE.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR BACK HERE.

UM, WELL THANK YOU.

UM, FOR THESE, THESE TWO ACTION ITEMS IN FRONT OF YOU ARE, UH, AS YOU SPELLED OUT ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATIVE SPACE NEEDS FOR THE PROJECT CONNECT TEAM, INCLUDING AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP, TEAM CAPITAL METRO STAFF, THAT WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE CITY OF AUSTIN FOLKS AS WELL.

AND SO, UM, IN A BIG PICTURE, WE, WE BEGAN OUR JOURNEY HERE ABOUT FOUR OR FIVE MONTHS AGO.

AND RECOGNIZING, AS YOU SEEN JULIANA TALK ABOUT THE STAFF THAT WE'RE HIRING, WE THINK IT'S REALLY CRITICAL FOR US TO GET TOGETHER AND BE TOGETHER TO START WORKING, UH, KIND OF DAY TO DAY TOGETHER IN SPACE.

AND SO WE'VE BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT.

UH, WE WENT THROUGH A PROCESS TO EVALUATE OUR OVERALL NEEDS,

[00:40:01]

UM, AS A GROUP AND AS A TEAM, UM, VERSUS ACQUIRING ABOUT 50,000 SQUARE FEET.

UM, WE WANT IT TO BE REALLY KEY, LOCATED, HAVE LOCATIONS THAT ARE NEAR TRANSIT SO THAT THE COMMUNITY CAN ACCESS THE TEAM.

UM, AND WE ALSO KNOW WE'RE GOING TO DO A LOT OF MEETINGS MEETINGS WITH OURSELVES MEETINGS, WITH THE PUBLIC AND WITH THE COMMITTEES THAT YOU HAVE, UH, YOU HAVE JUST, UH, APPROVED.

UM, AND SO WE WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE HAD SPACE FOR THAT.

UH, AT THE SAME TIME THOUGH, WE WANT IT TO BE VERY, UM, EFFICIENT AND COST-EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUBLIC TAX DOLLARS.

SO WE WERE ABLE TO GO INTO WORK WITH OUR BROKER TO LOOK AT BELOW MARKET PRICING, BY GOING THROUGH SUBLEASES AS THESE ACTION ITEMS ARE FOR WHAT THESE ARE, BECAUSE THEY'RE, SUBLEASES, THEY'RE SIGNIFICANT, UH, SAVINGS VERSUS THE STANDARD LONGTERM LEASE THAT YOU WOULD GET.

UM, WE'RE ALSO ABLE TO UTILIZE SOME OF THE FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT THAT THEY HAVE IN THIS SPACE.

UM, AND BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF BUILDING THAT ESPECIALLY IS ON TWO OR THREE COLORADO, NOT A TALL OFFICE TOWERS, THEY'RE JUST LOWER OPERATING EXPENSES.

SO OVERALL, WE TRIED TO JUST BE VERY DILIGENT ABOUT THE USE OF THESE PUBLIC DOLLARS.

THESE, THESE WE'RE LOOKING AT RELEASE FOR THE S THE TWO OR THREE ABOUT FIVE AND A HALF YEARS, WE THINK IS A REALLY GOOD TIME TO UNDERSTAND OUR LONGER-TERM NEEDS BEFORE WE COMMIT TO A LONGTERM NEEDS.

UM, SO WE'RE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET INTO THIS SPACE.

AND AT THE SAME TIME, WE DO NEED SOME ASSISTANCE TO GET THE SPACE FULLY OCCUPIED.

THERE NEEDS SOME WORK TO BE DONE, AND THE OTHER ACTION ITEM IS TO HAVE A CBR HELP US REPRESENT OUR OWNER'S REP TO MAKE SURE THAT WE CAN MOVE IN THERE AND BE READY TO START WORKING.

THANK YOU, MR. CANALE DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD? NO.

YES.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

THESE ARE PRETTY GREAT FINES.

UM, SO WITH THAT, I LIKE TO CALL A VOTE.

UM, OH YES.

FIRST WE NEED A MOTION.

THANK YOU.

CASEY.

I'LL MAKE, UM, WHO WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A MOTION BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON? I MOVE TO APPROVE ACTION ITEMS THREE AND FOUR.

THANK YOU.

DO WE HAVE A SECOND? OH, AND ALSO MAYOR AFTER THAT WE HAVE TWO SECONDS.

UM, THANK YOU.

UM, SO PLEASE, UH, EVERYONE WHO'S HAS, UH, APPROVES THIS, UH, ACTION ITEMS THREE AND FOUR, PLEASE SAY AYE.

AYE, AYE.

MYSELF AND ANY NAYS, BOTH ITEMS THREE AND FOUR HAVE BEEN APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY.

THANK YOU, MR. KILEY.

SO NOW WE ARE GOING TO MOVE ON TO ACTION ITEM NUMBER FIVE.

AND I HAVE A NOTE THAT MS. JOSEPH HAS ALSO REQUESTED TO SPEAK AFTER ITEM NUMBER FIVE.

SO SHE WILL HAVE FIVE MINUTES AFTER STAFF'S PRESENTATION.

SO I MEAN, THREE MINUTES, I'M SORRY.

THANK YOU.

DID I SAY FIVE APPROVAL?

[IV.5. Approval of the ILA with the City of Austin for terms of the Joint Powers Agreement on transfer of Proposition A property tax revenue.]

SO ITEM NUMBER FIVE IS APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR HIS DESIGNEE TO NEGOTIATE AND EXECUTE THE INTER LOCAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP AND THE CITY OF AUSTIN FOR TERMS OF JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT ON TRANSFER OF THE NOVEMBER, 2020 PROPOSITION, A PROPERTY TAX REVENUE.

AND AGAIN, I HAVE MR. CANALY WILL NOT DISCUSS THE NEGOTIATIONS AND THE EXECUTION OF THE INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT AND TRANSFER OF THE PROPERTY TAX REVENUE.

THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR.

UM, AGAIN, THIS ACTION ITEM IS REALLY A PROCEDURES DOCUMENT TO ALLOW FOR THE TRANSFER OF THE FUNDS THAT WERE APPROVED BY THE VOTERS IN NOVEMBER.

THESE ARE REALLY THE TECHNICAL PROCEDURES BETWEEN THE STAFF, UM, TO LAY OUT THE TIMING OF THE PAYMENTS, UM, HOW THOSE PAYMENTS ARE CALCULATED AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS FROM A TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVE, AND THIS WILL ALLOW THOSE FUNDS TO START FLOWING AGAIN.

AND THIS IS ALL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONTRACT, WITH THE VOTERS ABOUT HOW THESE PROCEDURES WOULD BE SET.

THANK YOU, MR. CANALE AND BEFORE WE HAVE BOARD DISCUSSION, WE HAVE MS. JOSEPH, UM, I AM, ARE YOU WANTING ME TO SPEAK NOW? YES, PLEASE.

OH, YES.

MADAM CHAIR.

I ACTUALLY, THE VIDEO HAS A DELAY.

SO MR. WAS STILL TALKING ON MIKE AND THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR MEMBERS, I'M SYNOVIA JOSEPH.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A FEW COMMENTS AS IT RELATED TO THE CITY'S CONTRACT WITH VOTERS.

I JUST WANTED TO REMIND YOU THAT THERE IS A PROVISION THAT SPECIFIES THAT PROJECT CONNECT WILL IMPROVE ACCESS TO ESSENTIAL SERVICES, EDUCATION, HEALTHCARE, AND GROCERY STORES.

AND IF YOU ARE IN FACT COMMITTED TO THAT, I WOULD ASK YOU TO RESTORE NORTHEAST WEST CONNECTIVITY.

MY OTHER COMMENT IS SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO THE INTER LOCAL AGREEMENT FROM AUGUST 7TH, 2020, WHICH SPECIFIES

[00:45:01]

THAT HOMEOWNERS, RENTERS AND BUSINESSES WITHIN THE CITY'S TAXING JURISDICTION WILL BEAR THE COST OF IMPLEMENTING PROJECT CONNECT.

AND I WOULD ASK YOU TO BE TRANSPARENT WITH THE RENTERS AND ACTUALLY LET THEM KNOW HOW THE FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS WILL BEAR ON THEM AS YOU ARE MOVING FORWARD, BECAUSE THAT WAS NEVER DISCUSSED.

AND IT WAS NEVER IN ANY OF THE LITERATURE, NONE OF THE PROPAGANDA.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW AS WELL THAT I MEANT TO MENTION THIS.

I KNOW YOU TALKED ABOUT THE FEDERAL REGISTER AND WE HAVE SEVEN DAYS LEFT TO COMMENT ON THE ORANGE AND THE BLUE LINE.

AND THAT FEDERAL REGISTER IS ACTUALLY OPEN UNTIL JUNE 23RD, 2021.

AND MADAM CHAIR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING, YOU MENTIONED THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED.

SO I CALLED THE FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION ON FRIDAY BECAUSE THE DEAF COMMUNITY WANTED THE CITY OF AUSTIN TO USE, UM, THAT AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE IN ALL THEIR MEETINGS.

SO IT WOULD BE HELPFUL WITH JACOB CALHOUN OR SOMEONE FROM, UH, THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP WOULD ACTUALLY DISCLOSE HOW BLIND VISUALLY IMPAIRED INDIVIDUALS CAN ALSO GIVE COMMENTS.

I DO WANT YOU TO KNOW AS WELL THAT I DID SPEAK BEFORE COUNCIL WAY BACK ON JANUARY 26TH, 2017.

AND I ACTUALLY ASKED MAYOR ADLER, UH, TO ASSIST US WITH OUR ROUTES AND I HELD 574 PETITION SIGNATURES IN MY HAND, AND WE WERE IGNORED.

AND SO I JUST WILL LASTLY SAY THAT MY COMMENTS ARE SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO TITLE SIX OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, WHICH PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED ON RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN.

AND YOU MAY RECALL CEO CLARK SAID, IF YOU TAKE $1 OF THE FEDERAL MONEY, YOU HAVE TO COMPLY WITH ALL OF THEIR RULES.

AND I'LL JUST LASTLY, ASK YOU TO RECORD THE C-SAT MEETINGS AND PUT THEM ONLINE AND BE TRANSPARENT.

AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I'LL GLADLY ANSWER THEM AT THIS TIME AND APPRECIATE YOU ALLOWING ME TO MAKE MY COMMENTS.

THANK YOU, MS. JOSEPH, FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

AND I DO HAVE A FOLLOW-UP QUESTION FOR YOU, MS. JOSEPH, IF YOU'RE STILL HERE.

UM, IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, BUT IS YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETATION AND, UM, FOR OUR MEETINGS IN PARTICULAR, OR JUST IN GENERAL FOR ALL OF THE OTHER MEETINGS AS WELL? UM, CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION? YEAH.

SO YOU MENTIONED ABOUT, UH, HAVING ACCESSIBLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PEOPLE SPEAKING AT THIS MEETINGS.

DID I UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION CORRECTLY? UM, YES, MADAM CHAIR.

SO THE MAYOR HAS A COMMITTEE, UH, FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AND I WAS JUST, UM, LISTENING TO THEIR PRIOR MEETING TO GIVE THEM INFORMATION ABOUT THE FEDERAL REGISTER, BUT I DID NOT.

AND THEY, ONE OF THE COMMENTS THEY HAD WAS THAT THEY WERE A LITTLE LOST WITH CORONA VIRUS, FOR EXAMPLE, AND THEY WERE WANTING THE CITY TO ACTUALLY HAVE AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE AT ALL OF THEIR MEETINGS, SO THEY COULD ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE.

AND SO MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU COULD JUST CONSIDER THAT POPULATION, I'M NOT SURE, UH, FOR THE FEDERAL REGISTER, HOW THEY GIVE COMMENTS, UH, FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION REFERRED ME TO JACOB KAO WHO, BECAUSE HIS NAME WAS ON THE FEDERAL REGISTER AS A CONTACT LOCALLY.

UH, BUT IT HAS THIS CAP METRO INFORMATION AND NOT THE ATP INFORMATION.

SO, UM, IF YOU COULD JUST MAYBE ADDRESS HOW THEY WOULD GIVE COMMENTS ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT AND ALSO MOVING FORWARD, HOW THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO, I GUESS, PARTICIPATE IN YOUR MEETINGS OR AT LEAST KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.

IF THERE'S A WAY TO HAVE ASL FOR THEM, TAKE CARE, APPRECIATE FOR CLARIFYING.

AND WE WILL HAVE AN UPDATE AT OUR NEXT MEETING.

THANK YOU.

OKAY.

THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR.

SO, UM, ANY DISCUSSION ON ITEM NUMBER FIVE FROM THE BOARD? SO PRETTY STRAIGHTFORWARD MR. I, UM, MOVE THAT WE PASS IT TO ADOPT.

THE ACTION IS NOW EXITING YOU.

SO DO WE HAVE A SECOND? THANK YOU, DR.

BURNETT.

SECOND BY, UM, BOARD MEMBER BRUNETTE.

UM, EVERYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO APPROVE, PLEASE SAY, AYE, AYE AS WELL.

AND, UH, NAYS ARE ZERO.

SO ACTION ITEM NUMBER FIVE HAS BEEN APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY.

THANK YOU, MR. CANALE.

SO NOW

[V.1. Project Connect Orange Line Alignment Review]

WE MOVE OVER TO, WE HAVE AN OVERVIEW OF THE ORANGE LINE ALIGNMENT, MR. JOHN ROAN, AND MR. PETER MULAN WITH THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP, AND I BELIEVE ALSO A NEED, BUT THEY MAY JOIN US.

UM, SHE'S WITH THE AUSTIN CITY OF AUSTIN PROJECT CONNECT OFFICE, AS WE IMPORT ENTERING THE, AN IMPORTANT PHASE OF THE PROGRAM AS WE HIT DOORS

[00:50:01]

COMPLETION OF THE 15% ASSIGNED THIS SUMMER.

MR. RONAN, MR. MULLEN.

THANK YOU.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

CHAIR BOARD MEMBERS.

YES.

TO SHOW THE PARTNERSHIP THAT WE HAVE WITH THE CITY OF AUSTIN.

WE, WE DO HAVE A NEEK BY DAY, THE MOBILITY OFFICER FOR PROJECT CONNECT VIRTUALLY ONLINE WITH US.

SO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LATER IN THE PRESENTATION, THEN SHE'S ON BOARD TO SUPPORT US WITH THAT.

WE ALSO HAVE MR. PETER MULLEN OUR, OF ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN DESIGN.

AND TODAY WE WILL PRESENT TO YOU THE ORANGE LINE ALIGNMENT, UH, FROM SOUTH SLAUGHTER TO OLD TURF AND NORTH TECH RIDGE TO, TO THE DRAG.

YOU'VE SEEN THIS, UH, PROGRAM SEQUENCE PLAN PREVIOUSLY.

IT SHOWS THE ORANGE AND THE BLUE LINE SEQUENCING THROUGH 2029 AND ALSO SHOWS THE METRO RAIL METRO RAPID THE METRO EXPRESS PARKING RISE, METRO BUS, METRO ACCESS THE CUSTOMER TECH SYSTEMS, AS WELL AS THE ANTI-DISPLACEMENT INVESTMENTS.

OUR FOCUS TODAY, AGAIN, WILL BE ON THE ORANGE LINE.

THIS IS, IS A OVERALL SYSTEM MAP SHOWING YOU THE ORANGE LINE.

IT IS ON ITS AXIS.

UH, THE NORTH WOULD BE TO YOUR RIGHT SHOWING TECH RIDGE STATION AND THE SOUTH WOULD BE SLAUGHTER STATION.

WE ALSO SHOW IDENTIFICATION OF THE BLUE LINE FROM REPUBLIC SQUARE TO THE AREA REPORT.

AND TODAY, TODAY WE'LL PRESENT TO YOU THE, AGAIN, THE AREA FROM SOUTH SLAUGHTER TO OLD TOUR, IF NORTH TECH RAISE TO THE DRAG, AND AGAIN, AS A REMINDER, NEXT MONTH, THEN WE WILL BRING TO YOU THE AREA OF DOWNTOWN AND SOCO AS WELL.

UH, AS JACKIE MENTIONED, WE WILL BEGIN OUR COMMUNITY MEETINGS AT THAT POINT.

AT THE END OF JULY, THIS IS THE ORANGE AND BLUE LINE PROJECTS OVERALL TIMELINE THAT WE PRESENTED TO YOU BEFORE PREVIOUSLY LAST MONTH.

UH, AGAIN, JUST AS, AS A NOTE, IT WALKS YOU THROUGH, UH, THE NEPA PROCESS AS WELL.

IT IDENTIFIES THE PROJECTED ENTRY INTO ENGINEERING PHASE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION.

THE BEGINNING OF OUR LARGER CONTRACTS FOR CONSTRUCTION AND VEHICLE MANUFACTURING, THE, UH, ANTICIPATED TIMEFRAME FOR, UH, THE FULL FUNDING GRANT AGREEMENT, STAFFING TRAINING, UH, ORGANIZATIONAL READINESS FOR RE REVENUE SERVICE.

THIS IS A LITTLE BIT MORE OF A DETAILED MAP TO HIGHLIGHT.

UH, ONE OF THE AREAS THAT, UH, MR. COUCH TOUCHED ON PREVIOUSLY IN HIS BRIEFING, UH, WE DID, UH, SUBMIT, UH, TO THE FTA TO ENTER PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

AND WE ACTUALLY HAVE RECEIVED, UH, RECENTLY, UH, COMMENTS FROM THEM.

AND WE ARE WORKING THROUGH COMPLETING THAT PROCESS FOR APPROVAL.

ONE OF THE KEY MILESTONES THAT I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU ALL TO NOTE IN REGARD TO, UH, THE SCHEDULE AND MILESTONES THAT ARE SHOWN IS IN DECEMBER OF 2022, WE HAVE THE FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT AND THE RECORD OF DECISION THAT WE WILL COMPLETE.

THIS IS A SLIDE THAT SHOWS YOU HOW WE FIT INTO THE FABRIC OF THE COMMUNITY.

AND THIS IS A SLIDE THAT WOULD SHOW, SHOW PREVIOUSLY.

IT'S, RE-IMAGINING THE RIGHT OF WAY.

AS YOU SEE IT TODAY, IT IS A RENDERING AND IT, AND IT SHOWS THE DIFFERENT MODES OF TRANSPORTATION, THE DIFFERENT AMENITIES AND ELEMENTS THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE GATEWAY.

AND I'LL LET PETER SPEAK A LITTLE BIT MORE TO THE ITEMS THAT YOU SEE JUST REALLY QUICKLY.

I THINK IT, UM, IT'S JUST IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT EVERYWHERE THE, THE LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM WILL GO AND TRAVEL THROUGH THE CITY.

UM, WE'RE ALSO LOOKING TO, TO, TO SEE HOW WE CAN, UH, IMPROVE, UH, THE PHYSICAL FABRIC OF THE CITY AND A KIND OF A HOLISTIC WAY.

SO WE DO TAKE THIS HOLISTIC HUMAN CENTERED DESIGN APPROACH, UM, TO THE LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM THROUGHOUT.

SO, SO NEXT ONE OF THE KEY PRINCIPLES THAT WE LOOK INTO FOR THE STATION LOCATION IS, IS THE, THE BALANCE OF THE, THE SPEED AND THE ACCESS WITH THE STATION SPACE STATION SPACING THAT'S IDENTIFIED IN ONE OF THE THINGS WE'VE SHOWN YOU BEFORE THAT WE CONSTANTLY CONSIDER IS THAT HALF MILE RADIUS AND A 10 MINUTE WALK AREA BETWEEN THE STATIONS AS WELL.

WE LOOK AT A HALF MILE TO A MILE, UH, THAT'S CONSIDERED BETWEEN THE STATIONS AS WELL AS WE GO THROUGHOUT ENSURING THAT, UH, WE HAVE A FOCUS ON DEVELOPMENT, THE DESTINATION POINTS FOR THE CUSTOMERS AND THE RIDERS AND HOW WE INTERFACE WITH THEM FOR, UH, ACCESS TO AND FROM THE STATION.

UH, W WE ESSENTIALLY ALSO FOCUS ON THE CONNECTIVITY WITH BUS AND HOW WE DEVELOP THE BUS NETWORK, AS WELL AS THE RAIL SYSTEM TO ENSURE THAT THEY'RE INTEGRATED AND WORK WELL TOGETHER.

ONE OF THE KEY PIECES AS PART OF THE STATIONS, AS WE IDENTIFY THOSE LOCATIONS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE GRADE OF THE STATIONS.

THE INCLINE IS SHOWN ON THE TOP LEFT.

SO WE WANT TO

[00:55:01]

ENSURE THAT WE HAVE A LEVEL AREA, UH, FOR THE STATION FOR ITS LOCATION.

AND SO THE AREA ON THE BOTTOM, RIGHT, SHOWS THAT STATION ON FLAT LAND THAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR TO PLACE THAT STATION FOR THE STATION AS WELL.

WE WANT TO ENSURE THAT IT'S NOT IN A CURVE.

UM, IT CREATES CHALLENGES AS FAR AS ACCESS TO THE STATION WHERE YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREEN ON THE TOP, RIGHT, WITH THE X'S THAT ARE IDENTIFIED, WHERE YOU WOULD HAVE CHALLENGES IN ACCESSING THE VEHICLE.

SO THE STATION, UH, AREA THAT WE LOOK FOR IS THAT IT'S ON A STRAIGHT LINE, A STRAIGHT PORTION OF THE TRACK AND THE GATEWAY TO PLACE THAT STATION.

SO NOW BEGIN TO WALK YOU THROUGH THE SOUTH PORTION OF THE ALIGNMENT FROM SLAUGHTER, UH, TO OLD TURF.

AND WE WILL, UH, BEGIN, UH, WITH AN AREA THAT SHOWS YOU REALLY THE WATERSHED AREA, OVERLAYING, UH, THE WORK GROUPS THAT ARE IDENTIFIED WITH THIS AREAS THAT YOU SEE, UH, HIGHLIGHTED WITH THE CIRCLES.

AND THOSE ARE THE AREAS THAT ARE FOCUSED ON BY THE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT TEAM.

THIS AREA SHOWS YOU FROM SLAUGHTER, UH, TO STASSNEY.

AND THERE'S A KEY ALSO IDENTIFY THAT IDENTIFIES THE DIFFERENT AREAS WHERE THERE'D BE THE FUTURE, UH, EXTENSION, WHICH YOU'RE SEEING NOW, AS WELL AS THE, UH, INITIAL INVESTMENT, THE LRT STATIONS, THE FUTURE STATIONS, PARKING RIDES, AND FORTH.

SO ONE OF THE AREAS THAT, THAT WE, WE WANT YOU TO TO RECOGNIZE IS THAT WE WILL BE CLEARING ENVIRONMENTALLY, UH, THE AREA FROM SLAUGHTER TO TECH RIDGE.

WE WILL DO THIS AS PART OF THE OVERALL FEDERAL PROCESS TO EXPEDITE THE DESIGN AND THE IMPLEMENTATION.

ONCE THE FUNDING IS SECURED, THE INITIAL INVESTMENT BEGINS AT STASSNEY AND ENDS AT STASSNEY.

AND THEN THAT FUTURE EXTENSION WOULD CONTINUE TO, TO SLAUGHTER NOW, BEGIN TO WALK YOU THROUGH THE ROLL PLOTS OF THE ALIGNMENT.

AND SO WE WILL BEGIN AT THE SLAUGHTER TRANSIT CENTER.

AND AGAIN, IT'S JUST A REMINDER, THERE'S A KEY TO THE TOP, RIGHT? THAT IDENTIFIES KEY ELEMENTS THROUGHOUT.

AS I WALKED THROUGH, UH, THE ALIGNMENT, UH, GREEN SHOWING THE TREES ZONE A RED WITH THE BIKE WAY, THE GRAY AREA IS THE ROADWAY AND THE ORANGE AREA IDENTIFIES THE SIDEWALKS AND WHERE WE HAVE SOME SHARED USE PASSES, UH, AREAS FOR, FOR BIKE AND PID.

AND SO, AS YOU SEE HERE, UH, WE, WE HAVE THE SLAUGHTER TRANSIT CENTER THAT'S IDENTIFIED.

AND ALSO AS A REMINDER, THE NAMES AND THE LOCATIONS OF THE STATE, THE NAMES AND LOCATIONS OF THE STATIONS HAVE NOT BEEN FINALIZED.

WE WILL WORK WITH THE COMMUNITY AS PART OF OUR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROCESS TO FINALIZE THEM.

AND SO, AS WE CONTINUE OFF THE ALIGNMENT, UH, WE WILL ENSURE THAT WE HAVE THAT CONNECTION WITH THE BUSES, UH, AND ACCESS TO, AND FROM THE SLAUGHTER TRANSIT CENTER FOR BUS TO THE LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT SYSTEM.

AND WE WILL, UH, ALSO, UH, START TO HAVE A FOCUS ON HOW, HOW THE ALIGNMENT TRANSITIONS TO THE ROADWAY AT THIS POINT, UH, THERE IDENTIFIED, UH, AREAS WHERE WE HAVE APARTMENTS.

WE HAVE DIFFERENT BUSINESSES, THE STORAGE UNITS, THE SALVAGE YARD.

AND THEN WE ALSO HAVE TO WORK WITH THE, THE, UM, AMOUNT OF TRAFFIC LANES AND THE TRANSITION OF THE LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM INTO THE ROADWAY.

SO YOU SEE THE LIGHT BLUE LINES THAT ARE IDENTIFIED THAT IDENTIFY THAT ARE FOR, UH, THE TRAFFIC LANES.

SO AS WE TRANSITION, UH, ONTO THE GUIDEWAY FROM SLAUGHTER, UH, TRANSIT CENTER, THEN YOU WILL SEE AS WE PROGRESS THAT WE WILL GO ACROSS A BRIDGE, THE CREEK THERE, THAT'S LOCATED, UH, JUST