Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:15]

GOOD AFTERNOON, EVERYONE.

THANK YOU FOR JOINING US TODAY FOR THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD MEETING.

TODAY'S SEPTEMBER 15TH AND THE TIME IS 2 0 9.

AND I'M CALLING THIS MEETING TO ORDER AS A REMINDER, THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP PROVIDES BOTH AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE AND OTHER INTERPRETER SERVICES.

WE KINDLY REQUEST THAT YOU REACH OUT TO US AND GIVE US 24 HOURS ADVANCED NOTICE TO MAKE THE APPROPRIATE ACCOMMODATIONS.

AND YOU CAN REACH OUT TO CHLOE MAXWELL AND WE ARE CONTINUOUSLY LOOKING AT OUR PROCESSES AND HOW WE CAN IMPROVE ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL.

SO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR BEING HERE IN PERSON.

WE HAVE ANY PUBLIC COMMENT TODAY.

THERE ARE THERE'S NO PUBLIC COMMENT.

THANK YOU.

SO WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE SIGNED UP.

AND SO WE'RE GOING TO MOVE AHEAD

[II. Technical Advisory Committee Reports ]

TO OUR DISCUSSION ITEMS. OUR FIRST ITEM TODAY, WE'RE GOING TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE REPORTS.

AND AS YOU ALL KNOW, WE HAVE THREE BOARD MEMBERS WHO ACT AS LIAISON FOR EACH OF THOSE TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUPS.

WE'VE ALL MET WITH.

WE'RE STARTING TO GET OUR CADENCE WITH THOSE, WITH EACH OF OUR GROUPS.

AND SO IT'S KIND OF FUNNY THAT I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO ADD, TO START, BUT I WILL BECAUSE WE HAD OUR FIRST ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURE, CONSTRUCTION AND ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

SO I'D LIKE TO GIVE YOU ALL AN UPDATE FOR THIS.

THERE ARE NO PHOTOS.

I MEAN, WE MET, WE MET ON ZOOM.

WE ARE STARTING TO WORK TOGETHER AS A GOOD TEAM.

SO THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT OUR COMMITTEE BROUGHT UP.

AND THIS IS SPECIFICALLY, I WANT TO INVITE MAYOR ADLER AND BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS.

AS YOU KNOW, THERE, THIS GROUP IS REPORTING TO ALL OF YOU AS WELL.

SO, UM, IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU'D LIKE TO ASK THAT WE BRING BACK TO THOSE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES OR ANY QUESTIONS FOR CLARIFICATION, PLEASE LET US KNOW.

SO WE WENT THROUGH OUR AGENDA ITEMS FOR OUR FIRST MEETING WAS TO GO OVER THE 15% DESIGN QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK.

AND THIS PARTICULAR PART WAS A REACTION OF A WORK GROUP THAT WE HAD WHERE ALL OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUPS MET AND THE STAFF WENT THROUGH ALL OF THE CORRIDORS AND THE PROGRAM.

SO THEY HAD A CHANCE TO BASICALLY DO A DEEPER DIVE.

AND THE SECOND PART OF OUR AGENDA WAS THE DESIGN SCHEDULE AND THE PROCESS OF REVIEW UPCOMING COMMUNITY, COMMUNITY DESIGN WORKSHOPS AS WELL.

SO THESE ARE THE FOLLOWING RECOMMENDATIONS THAT THEY GAVE US.

THE COMMITTEE RECOMMENDED THAT WE SHARE MORE INFORMATION WITH THE, WITH THE PUBLIC REGARDING THE LIGHT RAIL VEHICLES THAT ARE ANTICIPATED ON THE ORANGE AND BLUE LINES, AS THIS MAY AFFECT DIFFERENT, THEY MIGHT BE DIFFERENT FROM HEAVY COMMUTER RAIL VEHICLES LIKE WE CURRENTLY HAVE FOR THE RED LINE VERSUS STREETCARS VERSUS OTHER LIGHT RAIL VEHICLES.

I THINK JUST AS A COMMUNITY, WE WANT TO ENSURE THAT WE ALL SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE IS IN THE KINDS AND THE FEEL THE LOOK OF THE VEHICLE.

AND WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO DO A PRESENTATION ON VEHICLES.

SO HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HELP CLARIFY SOME OF THIS.

AND IN PARTICULAR, UNDERSTANDING THE ELECTRIFICATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE VEHICLES AS THIS IMPACTS THE OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS, THE COST, THE SPACIAL REQUIREMENTS AND AESTHETICS OF THE STATION DESIGN.

THEY REQUESTED MORE INFORMATION ON THE FOLLOWING THAT AFTER DISCUSSING THE RATIONALE FOR THE ORANGE LINE TUNNEL UNDER LADY BIRD LAKE, THE MEMBERS REQUESTED MORE INFORMATION ON THE STUDIES REGARDING THE BRIDGE ALTERNATIVE AND THE TECHNICAL IMPEDIMENTS THAT LED TO THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE TUNNEL OPTION.

THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SEE 3D VIEWS OF THE UNDERGROUND STATION BETTER, OR IN SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTAND THE SECTIONAL RELATIONSHIP OF THE TUNNEL TO THE STREET.

SO WE REQUESTED FOR THE TECHNICAL TEAM TO GIVE US CROSS SECTIONS SO THAT WE CAN REALLY UNDERSTAND THE LOGISTICS OF THOSE CONFLICTS VISUALLY AND MORE DETAIL.

THE MEMBERS WOULD LIKE TO ALSO VIEW THE PROJECT RISK REGISTER.

AND ONCE IT IS PREPARED AND PARTICIPATE IN THE RISK WORKSHOP, THE MEMBERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE TRAFFIC IMPACT ANALYSIS FOR THE DRAGON FOURTH STREET.

AND I KNOW THIS IS ALSO SOMETHING THAT BOARD MEMBER ELKINS YOU HAVE BROUGHT UP BEFORE REGARDING TRAFFIC IMPACT ANALYSIS, AND THE MEMBERS WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON THE PLAN FOR WAYFINDING AND SIGNAGE DESIGN.

AND I KNOW THIS WAS ALSO PARTICULAR FOR YOU, DR.

BURNETT, WHEN YOU, WHEN YOU ASKED ABOUT THE STATION NAMING AND HOW ARE WE GOING

[00:05:01]

TO DO THE WAYFINDING AND HOW ARE WE GOING TO ADDRESS THAT THE LOGISTICS OF NAMING THE SYSTEM STATIONS.

SO THEY WILL LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THAT DETAIL COMING FORWARD EARLIER.

AND OUR NEXT STEPS IS A DEVELOPMENT OF DOCUMENTS TO DOCK TO COORDINATE THE EAC MEMBERS, ATTENDING THE DESIGN WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED OVER THE NEXT WEEKS, COLLABORATION WITH THE COMMUNITY AND DESIGN TEAMS TOWARDS THE 30% DESIGN AND OUR NEXT MEETING, WE'RE GOING TO BE COVERING THE JPA REVIEW AND THE COMMUNITY WORKSHOP UPDATES.

AND THAT IS MY REPORT.

IF Y'ALL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, NO QUESTIONS.

GREAT.

HOW'S HE GOING TO SAY? I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT.

AND I APPRECIATE THE TIME OF THE, OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE THAT THEY'RE PUTTING AGAINST THIS TOO.

I ALSO APPRECIATE BEING GIVEN NOTICE THAT WHEN THOSE ARE, AND I'M GOING TO SWING BY AS MANY AS I, AS I CAN.

UH, BUT I, BUT I JUST REALLY APPRECIATE, UH, YOUR, THE THREE OF YOU TAKING POINT ON THOSE, UH, FOR THE REST OF US AND FOR THE COMMUNITY MEMBERS PARTICIPATING.

YEAH.

WE'LL GIVE YOU AN UPDATE FOR THOSE MEDIA SARGE.

THANK YOU.

SO NEXT, UM, WHO WOULD LIKE TO GO NEXT ON THEIR, UH, UPDATE DR.

BURNETT OR TONY? YES.

GO AHEAD.

UH, THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR.

UM, I THINK YOU COVERED MORE REAL ESTATE IN YOUR ADVISORY SESSION THAN WE DID, BUT WE THERE'S A FIRST MEETING, BUT, UH, UH, BUT I, I WOULD LIKE TO ADD ON TO WHAT THE MAYOR SAID, YOU KNOW, UM, IT'S GREAT THAT WE'RE LEADING THIS, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, STAFF DOES A LOT OF THE WORK AND THEY REALLY SHOULD GET A LOT OF THE RECOGNITION BECAUSE BEHIND THE SCENES, THESE MEETINGS WOULDN'T HAPPEN WITHOUT THE WORK THAT THEY DO.

UM, SO WE HAD OUR INITIAL KICKOFF, UH, UH, MEETING ON AUGUST 19TH OF THE FINANCIAL RISK ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

THERE ARE SEVEN MEMBERS.

UM, WE SPENT THE FIRST 20 MINUTES KIND OF GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER.

TALK A LITTLE BIT ABOUT, CAN YOU MOVE HERE? WE TALKED A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHO WE ARE AND WHAT OUR BACKGROUNDS WERE.

UM, WE TALKED A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF THE FAR COMMITTEE, WHICH IS TO ADVISE THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD ON FINANCIAL AND RISK AND MANAGEMENT MATTERS.

AND THEN WE SPENT ABOUT 20 MINUTES OR SO GOING THROUGH, UM, OUR CHARTER AND, AND AGREEING ON THE WORDING OF THE CHARTER.

AND, UM, I'LL READ IT, IT'S VERY BRIEF, BUT I THINK IT, UH, SUMMARIZES WHAT OUR COMMITTEE IS GOING TO BE DOING OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS OR SO THE FAR SHALL PROVIDE ADVICE TO HELP INFORM DECISIONS AND ACTIONS TO THE ATP BOARD AND STAFF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, RISK MANAGEMENT, BUDGETS, INSURANCE, TREASURY MANAGEMENT, INTERNAL AUDIT, PROCUREMENT ADVISORY SERVICES, SELECTION, GRANTS MANAGEMENT, AND REAL ESTATE RELATED MATTERS.

SO THAT IS OUR CHARTER AND OUR SCOPE OF WORK.

UM, NEXT WE HAD A UPDATE BY DIANE SELLER ON, UH, THE BUDGET.

SO DIANE, UH, HAD A GOOD PRESENTATION ON THE BUDGETING PROCESS WAS VERY SIMILAR TO THE PRESENTATION THAT THE BOARD GOT LAST MEETING WALKED, UH, THE MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE ON HOW THE BUDGET WORKS, UH, HOW THE MONEY'S FLOW.

THERE WAS SOME GOOD DISCUSSION AROUND THAT.

UH, NEXT, UM, VICKY REDERICK HAD A DISCUSSION ON PROCUREMENT POLICY AND, UH, IT WAS SIMILAR IN MANY RESPECTS TO THE DISCUSSION THAT WE HAD IN THE LAST BOARD MEETING, WALKED THROUGH HOW PROCUREMENT IS GOING TO BE, UH, HAPPENING, HOW WE'RE GOING TO BE SETTING POLICY, UH, TALKED A LITTLE BIT, BIT ABOUT, UH, DB GUIDELINES, THINGS LIKE THAT.

UH, HAD SOME GOOD DISCUSSION AROUND THAT.

AND, UM, WE TALKED A LITTLE BIT ABOUT NEXT STEPS.

SO THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE IN NOVEMBER.

WE'RE GOING TO HAVE PROBABLY FIVE MEETINGS A YEAR.

AND IN THAT MEETING, WE'RE GOING TO TALK A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT PROCUREMENT ADVISORY, UM, SERVICES AND THEN DEBT GRANTS.

I APPRECIATE THE INTRO MUSIC, UM, LIKE TONY, THE PSEC WE HAD OUR SECOND MEETING.

OH, I'M SORRY.

WE HAD OUR SECOND MEETING, UM, FOR THE PSEC, WHICH IS THE PLANNING, SUSTAINABILITY EQUITY AND DB E COMMITTEE.

AND I ALSO WANT TO GIVE KUDOS TO THE STAFF, EVEN JUST NOW I PRINTED MY MINUTES WITH SOME NOTES ON IT, BUT I LEFT IT ON MY PRINTER AND OF COURSE I WAS SITTING AT MY SPACE, SO I APPRECIATE THAT FOR LOOKING OUT FOR US.

UM, SO, UM, OUR PRIMARY AGENDA ITEMS WERE THE EQUITABLE, EQUITABLE TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT PRESENTATION, UM, A DBE OVERVIEW, UH, A PROGRAM UPDATE AND SOME INCOMING FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES, AND THEN ITEMS FOR THE NEXT MEETING, WITH THE FOUR AGENDA ITEMS THAT WE

[00:10:01]

HAD.

SO WE HAD A REALLY IN-DEPTH PRESENTATION FROM ANNA LAND, UM, AND IS THE SENIOR PLANNER WITH CAP METRO.

AND SHE PROVIDED AN OVERVIEW, REALLY A VERY, IT WASN'T, IT WAS MORE THAN AN OVERVIEW.

IT WAS REALLY AN AF, UM, DESCRIPTION OF THE EQUITABLE TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT ETO D AND THE STUDY THAT CAP METRO IS CURRENTLY DOING TO IDENTIFY STRATEGIES, TO LEVERAGE THE PROJECT CONNECT PROGRAM AS, AS IT RELATES TO EQUITABLE DEVELOPMENT AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES ALONG THE PROJECT COURT CORRIDOR.

SO IT WAS REALLY A ROBUST DISCUSSION.

A LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION WAS SHARED THERE.

SO IT WAS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR THE COMMITTEE.

UM, THE DBE OVERVIEW, COURTNEY CHAVEZ, WHO'S OUR DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY EQUITY AND INCLUSION IN DBE.

UM, SHE PROVIDED AN OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM ITSELF AND WALKED US THROUGH IN GREAT DETAIL, HOW IT WILL BE DEVELOPED AND HOW IT WILL EVOLVE.

AND, UM, WHEN AS, AS IT RELATES TO OUR RELATES TO OUR PROJECT CONNECT PROGRAM.

SO IT WAS ANOTHER VERY GOOD DISCUSSION AND INFORMATIVE DISCUSSION.

UH, THERE, I THINK BOTH WAYS.

AND THEN WE HAD A PROGRAM UPDATE FROM JACKIE NIERENBERG, WHO WE ALL KNOW AS OUR DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND INVOLVEMENT.

JACKIE PROVIDED AN UPDATE ON THE PROGRAM ITSELF, UH, WHEN WALKED US THROUGH RECENT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EFFORTS AND UPCOMING COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES, AND ANOTHER TWO-WAY DIALOGUE.

SOME PEOPLE HAD SOME REALLY GOOD SUGGESTIONS ON WAYS THAT WE CAN CONTINUE TO REACH OUT TO THE COMMUNITY, TO HAVE COMMUNITY VOICE, UM, BE A PART OF THIS PROCESS.

AND THEN WE HAVE ASKED FOR A PRESENTATION ON THE EQUITY TOOL FROM THE CITY.

SO THAT'S OUR PRIMARY AGENDA ITEM FOR THE NEXT MEETING SO THAT THE COMMITTEE CAN HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE, NOT JUST THE TOOL ITSELF, BUT THE EVOLUTION TO HOW WE GOT TO WHAT THE TOOL WILL BE AND WHAT THE NEXT STEPS ARE.

AS WE ROLL OUT THAT, THAT TOOL, THE, THERE WERE NO RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE, UM, FROM THE COMMITTEE TO THIS BODY.

AND, UH, WE HAD A QUESTION OF COURTNEY CHAVEZ, UH, FROM ONE OF OUR MEMBERS ABOUT WHETHER, UM, ATP WILL EVALUATE BIDS AGAINST EACH OTHER.

THIS WAS A PURCHASING QUESTION, UH, ABOUT WHETHER WE WILL BE EVALUATING BIDS AGAINST EACH OTHER, OR LOOK AT HARD COSTS, MATERIALS, SUPPLIES, ET CETERA, VERSUS SOFT COSTS, WHICH ARE OTHER THINGS THAT ARE BUILT INTO THE BID TO SEE HOW THEY COMPARE THE OBJECTIVE IS TO GIVE MORE SMALL, MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO SMALL BUSINESSES.

SO COURTNEY DID NOT HAVE A, AN ANSWER UNDERSTANDABLY, SO A COMPREHENSIVE ANSWER.

SO SHE WAS GOING TO GO BACK AND LOOK AT THAT AND COME BACK TO THE COMMITTEE AND REPORT ON THAT AT A LATER DATE.

AND WE'LL REPORT OUT ON THAT AT THAT TIME.

THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIR, AND THE NEXT STEPS.

UM, WE HAVE A CADENCE FOR OUR MEETINGS THERE THE FIRST WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH, THE FIRST WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH, MR. MAYOR, UM, AND OUR NEXT MEETING IS ON OCTOBER THE SEVENTH.

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH.

UM, ALSO OUR MEETINGS, I I'M GLAD YOU POINTED OUT, UM, DR.

BURNETT, BECAUSE OUR MEETINGS ARE ALSO THE FIRST WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH FOR THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES, UH, STARTING AT FIVE.

SO WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT OUR STAFF CAN COORDINATE SCHEDULES.

UM, YOUR, YOUR MEETINGS AGAIN, DR.

BURNETT, YOU SAID ARE ONE, SO RIGHT AFTER, UH, NOBODY BUT IN THE TEAMS THAT WE'RE HAVING WE'RE WEDNESDAY, YOUR THURSDAY.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, DR.

BURNETT, DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FROM, FROM THE REST OF THE BOARD REGARDING THESE UPDATES? I JUST REQUEST THAT AS WE MOVE FORWARD, I THINK IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL NOT JUST TO US AS MEMBERS OF THE BOARD GOING FORWARD FOR EACH ONE OF US, BUT ALSO FOR MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY, IF WE COULD MOVING FORWARD.

UM, HAVE THE WRITTEN REPORT PERHAPS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE BOARD PACKET.

I KNOW THAT CAPITAL METRO, AS PART OF EACH BOARD PACKET EVERY MONTH CAPITOL METRO HAS, UH, THE COMMUNITY SERVICE OR EXCUSE ME, CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND THE ACCESS ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

THOSE ARE THE TWO COMMITTEES THAT SUPPORT CAPITAL METRO.

UM, FOR EVERY BOARD PACKET, THERE IS A, UH, THERE IS A REPORTER OR MINUTES THAT GO ALONG WITH EACH OF THOSE COMMITTEES.

THAT'S PART OF THE ACTUAL CAPITAL METRO BOARD PACKET.

I THINK IT MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO HAVE THAT WRITTEN, SO THAT, THAT WAY IT'S NOT JUST GIVEN TO, IT'S NOT JUST PRESENTED FROM THE DAYAS FOR THE FIRST TIME TO US, BUT MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY IN ADVANCE WOULD HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT THAT AND READ IT OVER AND SEE WHAT WAS DISCUSSED WITH THOSE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WHO WERE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND THE VARIOUS ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

YEAH.

THANK YOU.

AND I BELIEVE WE DID POST JUST THE UPDATE ON THE ONLINE, ON THE PACKET, BUT ARE YOU ALSO REQUESTING THAT WE HAVE THE MINUTES OF OUR MEETING? THAT THAT IS, YEAH, I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA THAT THE SHEET THAT YOU'RE READING FROM THAT'S THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING, I THINK THAT MIGHT BE BENEFICIAL TO PUT IN OUR BOARD PACKET FOR THE, UM, FOR, FOR

[00:15:01]

OUR BOARD MEETINGS OR TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR THE, SO MAYBE I CAN JUST, JUST FOR CLARIFICATION.

SO STAFF, I THINK, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG BOARD MEMBER, UH, YOU'RE ASKING FOR THE SUMMARY NOT MEETING MINUTES, CAUSE WE DON'T ACTUALLY KEEP MEETING THAT'S CORRECT.

I'M USING THE TERMINOLOGY SOMETHING EASY WITH THE SUMMARY IN THE PACKET.

SO, UM, HITS THE HIGH POINTS.

YEAH.

SO THAT, THAT WAY THE COMMUNITY MEMBERS ALSO HAVE THAT INFORMATION IN ADVANCE AND IT'S NOT JUST BEING HEARD FOR THE FIRST TIME HERE.

YEAH, THAT SOUNDS GREAT.

THANK YOU.

AND IT MIGHT JUST NOTE THAT, UM, SOMETIMES THE SCHEDULE OF THE MEETINGS MAKES IT REALLY, WE CAN'T QUITE POST IT AT THE POSTING, BUT WE'RE GOING TO DO OUR BEST TO GET ALL THOSE UP BEFORE THE MEETING.

BUT I KNOW VERONICA, YOU AND I TALKED OR D SORRY, CHAIR.

WE TALKED ABOUT THAT.

YEAH.

ESPECIALLY BECAUSE WE DID UPLOAD, WE REVISED THE PACKET THAT WAS UPLOADED TO ADD ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS THEY CAME ALONG, BASED ON THAT.

SO, UM, IN ORDER TO YOUR POINT, COURTNEY, UM, I'M SORRY, CASEY, TO GIVE US, UH, UH, IT COULD BE SOMETIMES 24 HOURS BEFORE WE GET UPLOADED BETWEEN THE SCHEDULE OF THE MEETINGS.

CORRECT.

JUST MAKING A GOOD FAITH EFFORT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

I REALIZED THAT THAT TIMING, TIMING IS THE SECRET OF THE UNIVERSE AND MEETINGS AND WHETHER IT'S VIRTUAL OR IN PERSON, BUT IT TOOK TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY IF WE CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

I THINK THAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR, FOR ALL OF US AS WELL AS FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.

IF IT CAN'T, IF IT CAN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, UNDERSTANDABLE, ESPECIALLY IF THERE'S A 24 HOUR TURNAROUND TIME, LITERALLY FROM THE TIME OF THE MEETING, THE AC THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING UNTIL OUR MEETING, BUT IF AT ALL POSSIBLE AND MAKE A, MAKE A GOOD FAITH EFFORT, I THINK WOULD BE HELPFUL.

AND, AND THEN, AND THE EVENT, IF IT MISSES IT FOR THAT MEETING, IT WOULD BE IN THE NEXT ONE.

SO THERE WOULD STILL BE A PUBLIC RECORD.

YEAH.

GOOD POINT.

AND THAT WAS PART OF THE DISCUSSION OF MEETING ON THE FIRST WEEK OF THE MONTH BECAUSE OUR MEETINGS ARE ON THE THIRD WEEK.

SO WE WANTED TO GIVE OURSELVES THOSE TWO WEEKS TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT GETS DOCUMENTED.

SO THANK YOU FOR THE RECOMMENDATION.

AND, UH, SO NEXT MOVING ON,

[III.1. Community Engagement and Involvement Monthly Update ]

UM, TO OUR UPDATES, WE HAVE JACKIE, NIERENBERG OUR DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND INVOLVEMENT.

WELCOME JACKIE.

YEAH.

THANK YOU.

GOOD AFTERNOON, EVERYBODY.

I'M JACKIE NIERENBERG DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, AND I'M HERE TO GIVE YOU OUR MONTHLY COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT UPDATE.

SO, UH, WE HAD A SERIES OF VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETINGS.

UM, AND AS YOU KNOW, WE HAD A CORRESPONDING ON DEMAND VERSION OF THAT MEETING ONLINE, WHICH CLOSED ON AUGUST 27TH.

AND WE NOW HAVE ALL OF THE DATA IN FROM THAT.

UM, AND WE HAD A TOTAL PARTICIPATION ON THE LIVE MEETINGS OF 568 PEOPLE.

I DO WANT TO POINT OUT THAT BEFORE WE WENT VIRTUAL, WE DID NOT HAVE ANYWHERE NEAR THAT LEVEL OF PARTICIPATION.

SO, YOU KNOW, MOVING FORWARD, WE'RE GOING TO DEFINITELY BE UTILIZING THE VIRTUAL, UH, OPTION IN ADDITION TO OTHER IN-PERSON OPTIONS WHEN THE TIME COMES AND WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE IN-PERSON STUFF AS WELL.

SO WE COULD GO TO PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE.

UM, THE TOTAL PARTICIPATION FOR THE SELF GUIDED MEETING WAS ACTUALLY 413.

THIS HAS GONE UP BY THREE SINCE YESTERDAY.

UH, AND ALSO THE TOTAL PARTICIPATION IS NOW 981.

UM, IN ADDITION TO THE VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING SERIES, WE ALSO HAD OUR, UH, TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETINGS, AS YOU KNOW, UM, THE, THE CAC MET ON AUGUST 25TH.

WE HAD, UH, THE JOINT TAX NCAC WALKTHROUGH OF THE TWO ALIGNMENTS, WHICH WAS REALLY HELPFUL FOR ALL THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS TO REALLY SEE, UM, HOW THESE ALIGNMENTS ARE LAYING OUT AT 15% AND BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS OF OUR TECHNICAL TEAM.

UH, SO THAT WENT REALLY WELL.

AND THEN JUST LAST WEEK WE HAD TWO VIRTUAL COMMUNITY UPDATE MEETINGS, ONE ON THE METRO RAIL IMPROVEMENTS, WHICH WAS ON SEPTEMBER 9TH.

WE HAD A TOTAL OF 109 PEOPLE PARTICIPATE IN THAT ONE.

REALLY INTERESTING ALSO BECAUSE THAT ONE WAS AT NOON.

SO WE'RE, WE'RE FINDING THAT DIFFERENT TIMES WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

THAT'S ANOTHER BENEFIT OF HAVING GONE VIRTUAL.

IT, IT ALLOWS US TO SORT OF PLAY AROUND WITH THAT A LITTLE MORE.

AND THEN WE HAD OUR METRO RAPID VIRTUAL COMMUNITY UPDATE.

LATER THAT DAY, UM, HAD 41 COMMUNITY MEMBERS PARTICIPATE IN THAT.

AM I DOING THIS? ARE YOU ALL? OKAY.

UM, THEN WE HAD EMERGENT AS ALWAYS, WE START TO SEE SOME EMERGING THEMES.

AND WHEN PEOPLE ASK US ABOUT HOW DO WE, HOW DO WE TAKE IN THEIR INPUT? WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT? UM, AND IT'S A REALLY VALID QUESTION.

I MEAN, I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK, OH, IT JUST GOES INTO A BLACK HOLE AND WE'LL NEVER HEAR ABOUT IT AGAIN.

WELL, WHAT REALLY HAPPENS IS THAT WE START TO SEE THESE EMERGING PATTERNS OF THEMES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO PEOPLE.

FOR INSTANCE, BOTH ON THE ORANGE LINE AND BLUE LINE AT THE 15% DESIGN MEETINGS, WE HAD A NUMBER OF PEOPLE, UM, ADVOCATING FOR BIKE AND PEDESTRIAN CONNECTIONS, AND ALSO BEING ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT WHAT THE

[00:20:01]

PLAN SHOWED FOR INCREASED BIKE AND PEDESTRIAN CONNECTIONS.

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO REALIZE THAT WE'RE ACTUALLY ABLE TO REALLY IMPROVE, NOT JUST WHERE WE'RE PUTTING IN THE ACTUAL VEHICLES AND TRACK, BUT THE AREAS AROUND THERE TOO.

AND WE'LL BE TALKING A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT THAT IN OUR VIRTUAL COMMUNITY DESIGN WORKSHOPS THAT ARE COMING UP STARTING THIS WEEK.

UM, WE ALSO HEARD FEEDBACK ON CONNECTIVITY, HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS TO HAVE CONNECTIVITY, NOT JUST, UH, BETWEEN TRANSIT SERVICES, BUT ALSO BIKE AND PET.

UM, WE HAD, UH, COMMENTS ABOUT, UH, INFRASTRUCTURE, UH, THE DESIGN OF THE PROJECT.

SO THERE'S A WHOLE SLEW OF SUBJECTS THAT ARE STARTING TO RISE TO THE TOP.

WE HAVE ALL OF THOSE COMMENTS, PEOPLE CAN LOOK AT ON OUR DASHBOARD AND I'M GOING TO TALK A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE REVISED DASHBOARD.

NOW WE'VE ACTUALLY HAD SOME IMPROVEMENTS TO IT TO MAKE IT EASIER TO USE.

UM, SO I HAVE THIS LITTLE NIFTY V YES, THANK YOU.

THE LITTLE NIFTY, UH, ANIMATION THERE TO SHOW PEOPLE HOW TO SCROLL DOWN.

SO YOU CAN LOOK AT PREVIOUS MEETINGS THAT WE'VE HAD AND THEN EACH ONE IS LABELED IN A COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT LIBRARY.

YOU CAN CLICK ON ANY ONE OF THOSE.

YOU'LL, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE, UH, HOW MANY PEOPLE PARTICIPATED.

YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE THE RAW COMMENTS, UM, AND ALSO THE THEMES.

SO THIS IS JUST A GREAT WAY FOR THE COMMUNITY TO BE ABLE TO FOLLOW ALONG AND UNDERSTAND THAT WE REALLY AREN'T LISTENING.

AND WE REALLY ARE DOCUMENTING WHAT WE'RE HEARING IN THESE CONVERSATIONS.

OH, THAT'S THE SECOND PART.

ALL RIGHT.

UM, SO BACK TO THE FEEDBACK ISSUE, I MENTIONED, YOU KNOW, PEOPLE ASK US ALL THE TIME, SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD IDEA, UM, FOR YOU ALL, AND ALSO FOR OUR PUBLIC WHO MAY BE TUNED IN TO, TO HEAR HOW WE RECEIVE FEEDBACK, THE DIFFERENT WAYS THAT WE GET IT, THE DIFFERENT WAYS WE SHARE IT.

UM, SO WE HAVE A NUMBER OF PUBLIC MEETINGS, OBVIOUSLY VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSES.

WE HAVE A FEEDBACK EMAIL.

WE HAVE ONE FOR PROJECT CONNECT IN GENERAL FEEDBACK@PROJECTCONNECT.COM.

WE HAVE ONE FOR THE ORANGE LINE.

WE HAVE ONE FOR THE BLUE LINE AS WELL.

SO WE TRY TO PROVIDE A VARIETY OF WAYS THAT PEOPLE CAN EMAIL US.

ALSO, IF PEOPLE EMAIL THE FEEDBACK EMAIL AT CAP METRO, WE ALSO RECEIVE IT.

SO WE KNOW WHEN, WHEN WE'RE GETTING PROJECT CONNECT FEEDBACK, UM, WE ALSO SHARE INFORMATION ON OUR HOTLINES OR TAKE INFORMATION RATHER ON OUR HOTLINES.

WE HAVE TWO HOTLINES, TWO PHONE NUMBERS, PEOPLE CAN CALL FOR ORANGE AND BLUE LINE, UM, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS. WE, WE RECEIVE INFORMATION ALL THE TIME AND FEEDBACK AS WELL AS STAKEHOLDER MEETINGS.

ONE-ON-ONE SMALL GROUP MEETINGS ALL THE TIME.

SO AT ANY, ANYTIME WE GIVE A PRESENTATION TO SAY A NEIGHBORHOOD GROUP OR SOME OTHER ORGANIZATION, WE TAKE THAT FEEDBACK AND DOCUMENTED AS WELL AS FOR SHARING THE FEEDBACK.

WE JUST WENT THROUGH THE DASHBOARD, WHICH IS NOW CALLED THE ENGAGEMENT LIBRARY.

WE ALSO HAVE A MONTHLY NEWSLETTER.

UM, WE ALSO PROVIDE FEEDBACK TO YOU ALL AND ALSO TO OUR TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES TO KEEP PEOPLE UPDATED ON WHAT WE'RE HEARING.

AND THEN WE HAVE A LOT OF ADVISORY GROUPS AND, UM, COMMUNITY GROUPS.

SO OUR PROJECT CONNECT AMBASSADOR NETWORK, WE HAVE OF COURSE THE INNER AGENCY TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE, THE CAC, AND OF COURSE OUR TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

UM, WE PROVIDE FEEDBACK AT THOSE.

SO HOW DOES THAT FEEDBACK GET PROCESSED? SO WE RECEIVE IT IN ONE OF THOSE WAYS WE JUST TALKED ABOUT, UM, AND THEN THE PROJECT CONNECT TECHNICAL TEAM, AS WELL AS CITY AND COUNTY AND OTHER PARTNER AGENCIES, UM, ANALYZE THAT FEEDBACK, TAKE A LOOK AT IT, SEE WHAT EMERGING EMERGING THEMES ARE COMING OUT.

UM, AND THEN THAT'S WHEN CHANGES OCCUR AS A RESULT OF PUBLIC FEEDBACK.

UM, AGAIN, THESE ARE ISSUES THAT RISE TO THE TOP.

WE LOOK FOR THEMES THAT, THAT COME UP OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

AND, UM, AND THAT'S HOW THEY INFORM DECISIONS.

SO WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THERE IS A PROCESS FOR THIS.

THERE IS NOT A BLACK HOLE.

IT, IT ACTUALLY GETS DOCUMENTED INPUT AND USE TO MAKE DECISIONS.

AND I THINK THAT'S MY LAST SLIDE.

OH, NO.

WITH THAT UPCOMING ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES.

SORRY ABOUT THAT.

SO WE HAVE QUITE A BIT OF ACTIVITY COMING UP.

UM, ACTUALLY THIS WEEK WE HAVE OUR FIRST COMMUNITY DESIGN WORKSHOP AND THE COMMUNITY DESIGN WORKSHOPS ARE DESIGNED TO HEART DESIGN TO, UH, DISCUSS WITH COMMUNITY MEMBERS AT A VERY LOCALIZED LEVEL AT A NEIGHBORHOOD LEVEL.

UM, SOME DESIGN OPTIONS FOR PLACES THAT HAVE WIGGLE ROOM TO MAKE SOME DECISIONS.

SO THE FIRST ONE IS THE EAST RIVERSIDE STATION ON THE BLUE LINE, WHICH IS THE PLEASANT VALLEY RIVERSIDE INTERSECTION.

SO WE ALSO HAVE THAT NEW

[00:25:01]

METRO, RAPID PLEASANT VALLEY SERVICE COMING THROUGH IN THE SAME AREA.

SO WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY THERE.

UH, THERE'S THERE'S QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW YOU WANT TO ACCESS THOSE SERVICES.

HOW DO YOU WANT THESE TO CONNECT? THERE'S ALSO A ENORMOUS MEDIAN THERE ON VERISIGHT BOULEVARD THAT HAS SOME OPPORTUNITIES.

SO WE WANT TO HEAR FROM COMMUNITY MEMBERS, WHAT ARE THE NEEDS THAT YOU HAVE LIVING, WORKING AND SPENDING TIME HERE THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER? RIGHT? WE WANT TO KNOW, AND BY HAVING THOSE CONVERSATIONS, WE CAN START TO DESIGN SOMETHING THAT MAY BE BEAUTIFUL, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, IT REFLECTS THE NEEDS OF THAT LOCAL COMMUNITY.

AND SO THE FIRST ONE IS THIS THURSDAY, WE'LL BE DOING ONE FOR SOUTH CONGRESS ON OCTOBER THE FIFTH.

UM, WE HAVE THE, THEN WE HAVE OUR EAC MEETING.

WE TALKED ABOUT THESE ALREADY P BACK ON OCTOBER 7TH.

UM, WE'VE GOT ONE, UH, COMMUNITY DESIGN DESIGN WORKSHOP FOR THE NORTH LAMAR TRANSIT CENTER COMING UP.

THAT ONE WILL BE REALLY INTERESTING TOO, BECAUSE THERE'S A TON OF OPPORTUNITY.

UM, THAT'LL BE ON OCTOBER 19TH AND THEN WE'VE GOT A BUNCH MORE, AS YOU SEE, UM, THAT ARE TO BE DETERMINED.

I BELIEVE WE DID SCHEDULE OUR SOUTH CONGRESS ONE SINCE I TURNED IN THIS PRESENTATION AND THAT WILL BE OCTOBER 5TH.

SO THOSE ARE ACTIVITIES UPCOMING, AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO TELLING YOU HOW THOSE WET NEXT MONTH.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MS. NURNBERG, DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR HER? YES.

BOARD MEMBER.

OH, THANK YOU.

UM, THANKS FOR THE PRESENTATION, JACKIE, THIS IS REALLY EXCITING TO SEE ALL THIS FEEDBACK AND I LIKED THE PIE CHARTS.

SO YOU CAN SEE HOW THE FEEDBACK KIND OF COMES INTO VARIOUS CATEGORIES.

ARE THERE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF CERTAIN, NOT NECESSARILY THEMES FOR ACTUAL IDEAS THAT PEOPLE HAVE COME UP IN THE COMMUNITY WHERE YOU'VE SEEN THIS COMING FORTH WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE AND HOW DID THOSE IDEAS GET BROUGHT THROUGH AS ENHANCEMENTS OR POTENTIAL DESIGN CHANGES? AND THEN OF COURSE, I'M SURE THERE'S ALWAYS COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS WHEN FOLKS WANT X AND WE CAN'T AFFORD X, BUT JUST TO, SO WE DO, WE GET A LOT OF IDEAS.

WE AT EVERY ONE OF OUR MEETINGS, WE GET PEOPLE WHO SAY, HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT DOING THIS? HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT DOING THAT? IN MOST CASES, THE TECHNICAL TEAM HAS EXPLORED THOSE ALTERNATIVES AND HAS FOUND SOME CONSTRAINT THAT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO MOVE FORWARD WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

FOR EXAMPLE, WE HAD QUESTIONS FROM FOLKS ALONG THE RIVERSIDE QUARTER IN THE TRAVIS HEIGHTS AREA.

UM, DO WE HAVE TO HAVE AN ELEVATED PIECE OF THE TRACK THERE? YOU KNOW, AGAIN, THAT'S GOING TO, AND, AND IT COMES DOWN TO THAT TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT.

SO FOR THE MOST PART, WE HAVE NOT YET HAD SOMETHING THAT, OH, WOW.

YOU KNOW, WE CAN DO THIS, BUT THERE ARE IDEAS COMING EVERY DAY.

UM, THERE HAVE BEEN, UH, THERE HAS BEEN INPUT FOR EXAMPLE, ON, UM, THE DRAG, NOT ON THE DRAG, EXCUSE ME, NORTH WATER LOOP ABOUT POSSIBLY SHIFTING THE ALIGNMENT A LITTLE BIT TO THE EAST SIDE, FOR EXAMPLE, BECAUSE THERE'S SOME EMPTY BUILDINGS ON THAT SIDE.

THAT'S SOMETHING THAT'S GOING TO BE CONSIDERED BECAUSE WE HAVE OCCUPIED BUILDINGS ON THE OTHER SIDE.

SO IF IT'S POSSIBLE, IT VERY WELL COULD INFORM THAT DECISION MOVING FORWARD TO 30%, IT MIGHT BE HELPFUL IF THERE IS CERTAIN COMMON THEMES, UH, THAT, THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR AND IT'S EVALUATED THROUGH THE TACTICAL TEAM.

AND FOR WHATEVER REASON, IT'S DEEMED TOO EXPENSIVE OR NOT TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE, WHATEVER THAT, THAT SOMEHOW GETS REPORTED SO THAT THE COMMUNITY DOESN'T FEEL, AS YOU SAID, IT GOES INTO THIS KIND OF BLACK HOLE.

AND CONVERSELY, IF THERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE COMING FROM PUBLIC MEETINGS WHERE WE SAY, YOU KNOW, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA AND IT'S AFFORDABLE, WE SHOULD KIND OF FIGURE OUT A WAY TO ADVERTISE THAT.

YEAH, ABSOLUTELY.

UM, I THINK THAT WE HAVE MAYBE BEEN REMISS IN THE PAST ABOUT NOT CONNECTING ALL THOSE DOTS AND SHOWING PEOPLE WHAT DID AND DIDN'T AND WHY.

AND WE'RE GOING TO BE MAKING A CONCERTED EFFORT TO POST THAT IN OUR ENGAGEMENT LIBRARY.

SO PEOPLE CAN SEE HOW, HOW AND WHY A DECISION WAS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN, UM, AND WHAT WE HEARD.

SO, UM, POINT WE'LL TAKE IN, AND THAT'S SOMETHING WE'RE GOING TO BE WORKING ON FOR SURE.

COULD THIS BE LIKE AN IDEA DEPOSITORY IS THAT MAYBE LIKE ALL OF, BECAUSE A LOT OF THE, THE COMMENTS FROM THE COMMUNITY COULD BE, IF IT'S TOO CLOSE TO ME, LIKE THE LOCATION, FOR INSTANCE, BUT IF I UNDERSTAND ALSO YOUR CONCERN OR YOUR, YOUR COMMENT IS THAT HOW, HOW DO WE KEEP AT THE POSITORY OF IDEAS, WHETHER IT'S ABOUT DESIGN, ABOUT A SPECIFIC WAY TO INTEGRATE ART, YOU KNOW, LIKE REALLY INVITING THE COMMUNITY TO OWN IT, TO REALLY OWN THE SYSTEM AND SAY, WE, IT BELONGS TO US.

RIGHT.

AND WE HAD, WE PARTICIPATED IN THAT VISIONING.

THAT IS A WONDERFUL, I AGREE WITH YOU, UM, MANAGER, BUT I, MY 2 CENTS WOULD BE NOT FOR EVERY SINGLE IDEA

[00:30:01]

BECAUSE IT CAN BE THOUSANDS OF THEM, BUT I'M SAYING MORE REOCCURRING THEMES TO EXACTLY WHERE WE SEE IT SEVERAL TIMES AND IT'S SOMETHING WORTHY OF ANALYSIS, BUT IT WOULD BE KIND OF NICE TO HAVE AN IDEA BOX AND THE ENGAGEMENT LIBRARY.

RIGHT.

AND THEN PEOPLE CAN KIND OF LOOK AND SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAID, AND IT COULD BE AT CROWDSOURCING.

LIKE THE THING, LIKE IF YOU TOOK A WONDERFUL TRIP SOMEWHERE AND YOU NOTICE HOW THIS VISUAL DISPLAY BOARDS ARE WORKING, IT'S LIKE, COULD WE IMPLEMENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS? OR IS THIS SOMETHING THAT REALLY HELPED ME COMMUNICATE? RIGHT.

AND I MEAN, I DON'T KNOW IF IT GETS AN INTERESTING COMMENT.

THANK YOU.

YEAH.

THANK YOU.

APPRECIATE IT.

I APPRECIATE IT.

AND ALSO I WANT TO SHARE, UM, I MEAN, FIRST OFF BEFORE I SAVE IT, WHAT I WANT TO SAY, IS THERE ANYBODY ELSE WANTS TO SPEAK OR QUESTIONS TO JACKIE, UM, BOARD MEMBER ELKINS DOES THIS TO ME, A LOT OF DUB.

I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT SAME THING.

UM, BRING THE CHART.

WE SHOW CHANGES, OCCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR FEEDBACK.

AND I THINK PERIODICALLY WE COULD SHOW WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE.

IT ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO STAY ENGAGED.

SO JUST THOSE GOOD NEWS STORIES, IN ADDITION TO THE OTHER STORIES THAT ARE RIGHT, AND IT ALSO GOES TO TRANSPARENCY.

SO WE SHOULD ADD THAT IN AS A PART OF THE REPORT POINT, WELL TAKEN.

REMEMBER, I JUST WANT TO ADD THAT THIS IS AMAZING.

THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

THE TECHNOLOGY AND THE WAY THAT Y'ALL ARE UTILIZING IT.

I AM JUST, UH, THIS IS, THIS IS INCREDIBLE ONE THAT WE'VE HAD THIS MUCH COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND FEEDBACK.

UM, COVID POSED SOME UNIQUE CHALLENGES I KNOW FOR, FOR ALL OF US, BUT TO SEE THE WAY THAT YOU AND YOUR TEAM PIVOTED AND ADAPTED ONLINE.

AND NOW THEN TO SEE THAT NOT ONLY DID YOU PIVOT AND ADAPT, BUT YOU'VE ALL MORE, MORE SO THAN THAT YOU'VE THRIVED.

AND THIS HAS ACTUALLY BEEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE MORE FEEDBACK THAN I THINK WE EVER WOULD HAVE IF WE HAD JUST STAYED TO A BRICKS AND MORTAR IN TERMS OF BEING JUST BOOTS ON THE GROUND AND, AND TRYING TO, TO GO TO PEOPLE, UH, AT THEIR PLACES OF BUSINESS, OR JUST ONLY DOING FEEDBACK AT CAPITOL METRO'S SERVICE STOPS AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

UH, BUT THEN TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND BE ABLE TO SEE THAT, OH, LITERALLY ALL OF THE FEEDBACK THAT WE'RE GETTING, IT'S NOT JUST THAT SOME OF IT ENDS UP ON A SPREADSHEET SOMEPLACE STUCK IN A FILE FOLDER SOMEWHERE THAT THE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY CAN LITERALLY CLICK, CAN LOOK AT WHAT THE FEEDBACK WAS AND SEE THIS, AND LOOK AT WHAT IT DOES.

AND YOU CAN SEE THESE CHARTS AND GRAPHS AND WHO, YOU KNOW, WHAT KIND OF FEEDBACK WE'RE GETTING AND HOW THAT THEN INFORMS WHAT WE'RE DOING GOING FORWARD.

THAT IS, THAT IS MASSIVE.

THAT'S HUGE THAT INTEGRATIVE, THAT SHOWS THAT WE'RE BEING RESPONSIVE TO THE COMMUNITY.

AND I WOULD TAKE IT THEN, AND THAT A STEP FORWARD AND ABOVE THAT, WHICH IS, I'D SAY THAT THIS IS THAT THIS WILL SHOW OUR FEDERAL PARTNERS JUST HOW ENGAGING WE ARE WITH IN OUR COMMUNITY.

AND THAT, THAT, THAT BY THE TIME WE GET TO THE NEXT STEP IN THE PROCESS, THAT, THAT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT, THAT WE ARE SHOWING THAT WE HAVE BEEN VERY EXHAUSTIVE AND EXTENSIVE IN TERMS OF, YOU KNOW, TAKING THIS COMMUNITY FEEDBACK AND PROCESSING IT AND GIVING OPPORTUNITIES.

YOU KNOW, THAT, THAT I, THAT I HAD NOT, I NEVER WOULD HAVE IMAGINED WE COULD HAVE DONE OTHERWISE TO, TO DO, TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP.

AND THE NEXT LEVEL IS WHERE WE'RE MOVING FORWARD, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BE RESPONSIVE TO OUR COMMUNITY'S NEEDS AND DOING IT IN A WAY THAT HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO BE DOMINANT BEFORE.

SO JACKIE, THANK YOU.

AND YOUR TEAM, THIS IS, THIS IS PHENOMENAL.

AND I THINK THIS IS AMAZING.

AND I JUST WANT TO PUBLICLY SAY KUDOS TO EVERYTHING Y'ALL ARE DOING AND, AND, AND TO THE PUBLIC, KEEP IT UP, JUST KEEP, KEEP, KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING, FOLKS, KEEP YOUR ENGAGEMENT COMING.

WE NEED IT.

WE WANT IT.

IT'S IMPORTANT.

AND THIS IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE.

YEAH, NO, VERY GOOD POINT.

AND I WANT TO SAY THAT I PARTICIPATED IN BOTH OF THE MEETINGS NOW BECAUSE I WAS INVITED, BUT BECAUSE I WAS, I HAPPENED TO BE WAS MY LUNCHTIME.

I GOT ON FACEBOOK.

I GOT TO SEE, AND I'M LIKE, OH, IT'S LIVE.

LET ME SEE WHAT THEY'RE SAYING.

SO IT WAS WONDERFUL.

BUT WHEN A LOT OF THE KUDOS THAT I WANT TO MENTION IS THAT I REALLY ADMIRE THE WAY THAT THE STAFF FOR BOTH ATP SIDE AND COMMERCIAL SIDE, BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO SEE THE LIVE QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC AND HOW YOU ALL JUST WERE TACKLING THEM LIFE AS IT WENT.

IT WAS LIKE, WE HAVE A SHOUT OUT TO OUR CAP, METRO COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT STAFF TOO, BECAUSE THEY PITCH IN EVERY TIME, NOT BECAUSE WE ASK THEM BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, AND IT IS SUCH A HELP TO HAVE THEM MODERATING QUESTIONS AND, AND THROWING, UH, THEM OUR WAY.

AND IT JUST MADE IT GO SO MUCH SMOOTHER.

SO BIG SHOUT OUT, DID YOU GUYS ARE REALLY GAINING REALLY VALUABLE EXPERIENCE, BUT I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE WAY THAT IT WAS, THE QUESTIONS WERE HANDLED WITH SO MUCH RESPECT AND KINDNESS AND PATIENCE.

SO THAT REALLY RESONATED.

AND SO WE NOTICED, AND WE WERE TUNING.

SO THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, CHAIR.

[00:35:01]

APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIRMAN.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE A COMMENT.

THANK YOU.

UM, KIND OF THEMATICALLY TIE, MULTIPLE BOARD MEMBER POINTS TOGETHER, WHICH IS, AND I THINK REALLY KIND OF LIKE BOARD MEMBER ELKINS AT THE START, WHICH IS WE GOTTA, I THINK GROUND EVERYTHING BACK INTO THIS HAS ACTUALLY BEEN A MULTI-YEAR PROCESS TO DATE.

AND SO TO GET TO THE LOCAL PREFERRED PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE, AND EVERYONE MAYBE REMEMBERS THE LPA TERMINOLOGY, UH, THAT INVOLVED MULTIPLE YEARS OF AN ALTERNATIVE ANALYSIS.

SO SOME OF THESE IDEAS AND WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY HAVE ACTUALLY GONE THROUGH TONS OF PUBLIC MEETINGS LIKE TONS, RIGHT? JACKIE AND DAVE OVER ALMOST A THREE-YEAR PERIOD OF TIME.

WELL, WHY IS THIS ELEVATED? WHY IS THIS NOT, COULD WE DO THIS STREET? WHAT ABOUT THIS INTERSECTION? THERE'S BEEN AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF THAT TO GET TO THE LPA.

THE NEXT PIECE IS THAT WE'RE AT 15% AND THEN WE'LL GET TO 30.

SO I THINK ONE OF THE THINGS THAT YOU'LL SEE AS WE GRADUATE FROM A DESIGN STAGE, SO THE NEPA PROCESS, WE HAVE TO DOCUMENT HOW THOSE COMMENTS ARE DEALT WITH IN THE DESIGN PROCESS.

SO PART OF WHAT I THINK WE HAVE TO DO IS THINK ABOUT HOW WE COMMUNICATE THAT, AND THAT SHOWS THE TRANSPARENCY THROUGH THE PROCESS FOR, FROM THE START TO LPA TO 15 TO 30 AND ON.

AND SO KIND OF STITCHING THAT TOGETHER, WHICH TELLS YOU THAT THE COMMENTS AND THE LAST THING I WANTED TO JUST FOR THIS BOARDS, UH, UNDER, UH, UH, AWARENESS HIGHLIGHT, UH, JACKIE.

SO JACKIE, FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT AWARE, ONE, THE W2 WTS WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR BEING AN INCREDIBLE LEADER IN THIS COMMUNITY AND SPECIFICALLY CALLED OUT FOR ALL OF HER COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT LEADERSHIP FOR PROJECT IMMUNITY.

AND SO SHE WON THIS REGIONAL RECOGNITION AWARD AND, UH, I THINK, YOU KNOW, JUST LOVED IN THE COMMUNITY.

WHAT'S YOUR GREATEST ISSUE RECRUITED BY THE W NBA

[III.2. Project Connect Monthly Technical Update ]

THAT IS GOING TO BE A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW MISS HER COUCH.

I MEAN, THAT IS A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW, BUT THIS IS YOUR FLORIDA.

HE'LL TELL ME LATER, GOOD AFTERNOON, BOARD MEMBERS, UH, CEO CLARK, I'M GOING TO BACK UP TO START.

AND WHAT I WANT TO DO IS TO BACK UP TO THE LAST SLIDE THAT JACKIE JUST USED IT, I CAN'T SEEM TO MOVE.

UH, THIS GOES TO THAT NEXT LEVEL.

UH, WHAT MR. CLARK WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS THE PROCESS THAT WE WENT THROUGH FOR THREE YEARS TO GET TO THE POINT THAT WE HAD LPAS THEN GOING TO THE 15% NOW TRYING TO WORK TO 30, AND WHAT'S HERE.

I CAN READ THE RIGHT SIDE.

THESE ARE COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS FOR INDIVIDUAL AREAS ALONG THE CORRIDOR PLACES THAT WILL BE THERE.

EVERYTHING FROM THE DRAG, ALL THE WAY THROUGH CRESTVIEW, THEIR INDIVIDUAL WITH THE NEIGHBORHOODS, IT IS GOING AHEAD AND SHOWING WHAT THE POTENTIALS ARE, GETTING THEIR INPUT ON HOW WE DO THINGS SO THAT WE'RE INCLUDING THAT AND INCORPORATING IT AS WE GO AHEAD AND MOVE FORWARD.

SO THAT TAKES US TO THAT NEXT LAYER, IF YOU WILL, AS WE GO AHEAD AND ADVANCE TOWARDS THE 30%.

SO IT'S SHOWING THAT CONTINUED INCLUSION AS WE MOVE TO HEAR WHAT THE CONCERNS ARE, WHAT THE ISSUES ARE, WHAT ARE THE POTENTIALS THAT WE CAN INCORPORATE.

SO WITH THAT, I'LL GO FORWARD INSTEAD OF BACKING UP TO GO FORWARD.

AND ARE YOU CONTROLLING THIS SAME? OKAY.

THAT'S WHY CAN'T NOW I KNOW WHY IT'S NOT WORKING.

OKAY.

UH, YEAH, GO TO THE SECOND, MY SECOND SLIDE PAST THE INTRODUCTORY, PLEASE.

OKAY.

THIS TAKES US TO WHERE WE ARE WITH THE ENGINEERING SIDE OF THE WORLD AND THE FIELD WORK.

WE'RE HAVING ONGOING DISCUSSIONS WITH THE TUNNEL.

WE'RE GOING THROUGH AN EVALUATION RIGHT NOW, UH, OF WHETHER IT'S SINGLE OR DOUBLE BORE.

WE'RE DUE TO HAVE A REPORT BACK IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, ALSO LOOKING AT HOW THAT FITS INTO WHAT WE'RE DOING IN THE AREAS THAT ARE IN DOWNTOWN AND THE PARTS THAT WE HAVE TO GO AHEAD AND GO FORWARD WITH THE TUNNEL.

WE'RE STARTING TO DIG IN DEEPER.

AGAIN, IT'S THE SAME THING AS THE STATIONS WHERE WE'RE LOOKING NOW AT THE PARK AND RIDES, HOW THE THING GETS CONFIGURED.

WHAT'S THERE IN EACH ONE OF THE AREAS, WHETHER IT'S AT STASSNEY, WHETHER IT'S NORTH LAMAR TRANSIT CENTER, TAKING THAT NEXT STEP, LOOKING IN DETAIL AT THE TRAFFIC STUDIES, LOOKING IN DETAIL AT WHAT'S THERE AS WE GO FORWARD WITH THIS SIM, THAT NEXT LEVEL, THAT NEXT DIG IN POINT, ALL OF THIS IS IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR PARTNERS AT THE CITY, UH, WITH, WITH THE GROUP THAT IS THERE AND THE REVIEWS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING, WHAT THEY'VE PROVIDED WITH THE 15% COMMENTS, UH, INCORPORATES EVERYTHING AND KEEPS US THERE AS A TEAM.

AND IT KEEPS US GOING AHEAD AND GOING FORWARD.

UH, AND GINA, I'D LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING THAT A NICA IS DOING AND HER TEAM.

UH, I THINK THAT WE HAVE GOT A SUPER WAY THAT WE'RE GOING FORWARD.

WE HAD ONE THAT WAS A CHALLENGE THAT WAS UTILITIES, THAT WE SPENT QUITE A BIT OF

[00:40:01]

TIME OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS, TRYING TO SORT OUT, WE HAD FOUR ISSUES THAT WE HAD TO SORT THROUGH TO WHERE WATERSHED TO WHERE UTILITIES.

WE HAD A MEETING THE OTHER DAY, THE TWO UTILITIES ARE SETTLED.

SO THAT GETS US TO A POINT THAT WE'RE, WE'RE MOVING FORWARD.

WE'RE GETTING SET WITH WHAT WE'RE GOING TO BE DOING NEXT.

AND IT IS WITH THAT PARTNERSHIP THAT WE'RE ABLE TO GO AHEAD AND DO THAT SO THAT WE CONTINUE TO REFINE THINGS.

WE CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD.

AND THAT'S OUR PATH THAT INCLUDES THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE COMMUNITY, INCLUDES THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE CITY.

IT INCLUDES THE INVOLVEMENT OF TEXTILE THAT THAT WAS A MEETING THAT OCCURRED WHILE I'M HERE, MAKING SURE THAT WE'RE GETTING COORDINATED WITH THEM ON ALL OF THE AREAS.

NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

UH, THE NEPA PROCESS, UH, WE CONTINUE TO WORK OUR WAY THROUGH THAT.

UH, WE'RE LOOKING AS WE GO FORWARD WITH CONTINUED SUPPORT OF FTA, IT'S SOMETHING THAT I'VE MENTIONED BEFORE, THE 1 39 J UH, THAT PROVIDES ADDITIONAL STAFFING, THAT REPORT DIRECTLY TO FTA TO DO THE REVIEW OF SOME OF THE REPORTS AND DOCUMENTS THAT WE'RE DOING, UH, THAT GIVES THEM THE SUPPLEMENTAL STAFF.

AND IT KEEPS US MOVING.

UH, AS WE DO TWO OF THESE ENVIRONMENTAL PROCESSES OF THIS SIZE TOGETHER, UH, WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THAT SUPPORT AND THAT HELP, AND THAT'S WORKING VERY, VERY WELL AT THIS POINT.

I WANT TO HIGHLIGHT TWO OF THE AREAS IN WHAT I'VE ALREADY TOUCHED ON, ON THE TECHNICAL SIDE, WHICH IS THE UTILITIES.

UH, THE OTHER ONE IS BASICALLY WHAT WE'RE DOING WITH ACQUISITIONS.

WE'VE STARTED TO REFINE THAT IT'LL GET FURTHER REFINED AS WE GO THROUGH THE 30%.

WE'RE LOOKING TO BE ABLE TO GO AHEAD AND GO FORWARD WITH, GET AN APPROVAL OF WHAT THEY CALL A RAMP REAL ESTATE MANUAL.

UH, THAT, THAT THEN WILL BE THE BASIS FOR US STARTING TO DO SOME OF THOSE ACQUISITIONS.

AND WE'D LIKE TO START SOME OF THOSE RELATIVELY EARLY, UH, THE OTHER COMPONENTS THAT ARE, THERE ARE NORMAL PARTS THAT GO INTO ANY ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENT.

NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

THE WE'RE PROGRESSING WITH A METRO RAPID, UH, WE'RE AT THE 60% DESIGN HEWLETT'S ELLERS IS THE ONE WHO'S DOING THE DESIGN.

WE'RE DOING IT IN THREE DIFFERENT PIECES.

UH, THE FIRST GROUP OF THEM WILL BE ONES THAT COME OUT.

THAT'LL BE THE EARLY STARTS.

WE'VE GOT FOUR OF THEM THAT WE'LL HAVE THE DELIVERABLES IN OVER THE NEXT WEEK.

THAT WE'LL START THAT REVIEW ON THE FIRST FOUR OUT OF 80 WITH THE CITY TO GO AHEAD AND GET THOSE DONE SO THAT WE CAN GET AN EARLY START AND GET STARTED WITH THAT BY THE END OF THE YEAR, UH, FTA HAS COME FORWARD.

THEY'VE GIVEN US THE CATEGORICAL EXCLUSION, AND THEY'VE STARTED TO GO AHEAD AND REVIEW ALL THE READINESS DOCUMENTS, READINESS DOCUMENTS.

TAKE US BACK IN TIME TO WHAT WE'VE TALKED ABOUT BEFORE OF THE TIMING TO GET TO A FUNDING AGREEMENT.

UH, IF YOU RECALL IN AUGUST OF NOT THIS PAST AUGUST OF 80, UH, RIGHT AFTER WE GOT APPROVAL OF THE OVERALL SYSTEM PLAN AND THE LPAS, WE WENT FORWARD AND GOT ENTRY INTO PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

IT'S A 24 MONTH CYCLE.

SO WE'RE COMING UP ON THAT IN AUGUST.

AND THE CONVERSATIONS WE HAD THE OTHER DAY WITH FDA IS GETTING TO A FUNDING GRANT AGREEMENT IN THE MARCH OR APRIL TIMEFRAME.

SO THAT'S CRITICAL FOR US TO GET THERE BEFORE WE GET TO THAT POINT.

UH, SO THAT'S GONE VERY WELL.

THE COORDINATION WITH FDA IS ABSOLUTELY SUPER, UH, IT'D BE GREAT IF SOME OF US COULD HAVE GET IN A CAR AND GO UP TO FORT WORTH AND ACTUALLY SIT AROUND A TABLE AND TALK ABOUT IT.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE, AND HOPEFULLY IT'LL BE AT THAT POINT SOON, UH, GO LINE, EXCUSE ME, GO LINE IN SOUTH LAMAR, UH, WORKING OUR WAY THROUGH GETTING THAT KICKED OFF.

THOSE ARE THE OTHER TWO COMPANION PIECES THAT GO ALONG WITH THE METRO RAPID LINES.

NEXT SLIDE SPECIFICALLY, WHEN WE START TO LOOK AT THE RED LINE, UH, THE FIRST PROJECT IS MCCULLOUGH, UH, THAT IS PROGRESSING.

WE'VE GOT 30% THAT IS IN, THAT'S BEING REVIEWED CURRENTLY WITH THE CITY.

SO WE'RE LOOKING TO GET COMMENTS FROM THAT AND INCORPORATE THOSE.

UH, WE'RE GETTING READY TO GO AHEAD AND ISSUE THE DESIGN BUILD SOLICITATION, WHICH WILL BE THE FIRST STEP IN THE PROCESS THAT WILL INCORPORATE THE COMMENTS THAT WE GET.

SO THAT WE'RE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE.

MOVING FORWARD, WE'RE GOING TO DO A CONTRACT.

THAT'S GOING TO BE THERE SEPARATE TO GO AHEAD AND GET A JUMP ON EVERYTHING.

THAT'S GOING TO BE THE DRAINAGE AND THE TRACK WORK.

UH, SO IT'S GOING TO BE SEPARATED INTO TWO CONTRACTS SO THAT WE CAN GO AHEAD AND PURSUE THE PROJECT QUICKER.

UH, BROADMORE IS IN THE FINAL STAGES.

UH, IT'S GOING THROUGH THE LAST OF THE PERMITTING AND SHOULD BE STARTING VERY SOON.

UH, LAKE LANDER, UH, TO LAKELINE, UH, THAT SECTION OF TRACK WAS APPROVED BY THE CAP METRO BOARD LAST MONTH.

UH, AND WE'RE LOOKING TO GO AHEAD AND THEY'RE PLANNING TO GO AHEAD AND GET STARTED ON THE CONSTRUCTION ON THAT.

UH, AND THERE WAS ANOTHER NEIGHBORHOOD CIRCULATOR THAT ROLLED OUT, UH, ON THE 24TH OF LAST MONTH, WHICH NOW BRINGS US TO A TOTAL OF 11 ZONES.

AND I BELIEVE THAT'S THE LAST SLIDE, MADAM CHAIR BESIDE THE ANSWERING QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU, MR. COUCH.

DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? YES.

MR. CAL, UH, MR. COUCH JUST WANTED TO, DOUBLE-CHECK QUICK QUESTION HERE.

UM, WITH BROADMORE STATION, I KNOW WE'RE, WE'RE IN CONTINUED DISCUSSIONS ON PERMITTING.

I WAS JUST CURIOUS AS TO FIND OUT IF, UM, RELATED TO THE PERMITTING, IT HAS OUR ATP, THE RELATIONSHIP WE'VE GOT NOW WITH THE PROJECT CONNECT OFFICE AND THE CITY STAFF.

DOES ANY OF THAT NOW

[00:45:01]

COME INTO PLAY WITH WHAT THEY'RE DOING IN TERMS OF THAT PARTICULAR PROJECT, OR IS THAT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT? BECAUSE WE'RE DEALING WITH THE EXISTING CAPITAL METRO, UH, TRAIN TRACKS THAT ARE THERE, AND IT'S, IT'S KIND OF A DIFFERENT BALL OF WAX ON THAT ONE BURBERRY OR SOMETHING.

IT ISN'T INCLUDED IN PROJECT CONNECTED, SOMETHING THAT'S SEPARATE, IT'S THERE WITH CAP METRO AND, UM, GERMANS CLARK WOULD ADDRESS WHERE THAT IS.

I'LL JUST ADD A QUICK COMMENT, WHICH IS, UH, I THINK WE GOTTA REMEMBER BROAD MOORE'S TWO PIECES, SO THERE'S A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT BRANDYWINE IS DOING.

AND THEN THERE'S THE STATION WITH THE TRACK COMPONENT THAT IT'S A PIECE RATE BETWEEN CAP METRO AND BRANDYWINE.

SO THEY'LL OBVIOUSLY BE DOING PERMITTING RELATION TO THEIR BIG DEVELOPMENT AND THEY'D MIGHT HAVE PARCELS AND WHATNOT.

THAT'S THE REGULAR CITY PROCESS.

I WILL SAY THAT WHILE DAVE IS CORRECT.

IT'S NOT PART OF THE PROJECT CONNECT PROGRAM.

UH, GINA AND NIQUE AND THE ENTIRE CITY STAFF HAVE BEEN REALLY COLLABORATIVE AND THEY'RE WORKING THROUGH SOME TECHNICAL, UH, ELEMENTS RELATED TO PERMITTING THAT WE'RE HOPING TO GET RESOLVED SOON.

SO HAVING A NIQUE AND HAVING A TEAM INSIDE OF THE CITY FOCUSED ON PROJECT CONNECT IS REALLY A WAY TO SAY, HOW DO WE ADVANCE THE TRANSIT INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM? AND SO IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER IF IT'S PROJECT CONNECT FROM A FUNDING SOURCE OR, OR REGULAR CAP METRO, THAT TEAMS ARE WORKING INCREDIBLY WELL TOGETHER AND, YOU KNOW, REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATE, UH, NIQUE AND, UH, GINA'S THOUGHT LEADERSHIP ON THAT.

DID THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FOR THEM TO SHUT DOWN? THANK YOU.

AND, OH, DAVE, I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE, UH, KIND RECOGNITION FOR, UH, NIQUE AND HER TEAM AND THE PROJECT CONNECT LIAISON OFFICE.

UH, SHE'S KEPT ME UPDATED AND THE CONVERSATIONS THAT YOU'VE HAD AROUND THE UTILITIES RULES OF PRACTICE.

AND NOW YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER BIG MEETING TOMORROW, UH, BUT THE TEAMS HAVE WORKED REALLY HARD ON THAT.

THESE ARE COMPLEX ISSUES, AND I THINK THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND OF STUFF.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

AND I'M LOOKING AT THE NEXT ONE.

THAT'S GOT TWO LEFT IS TOMORROW MORNING.

SO I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THOSE SETTLED THOUGH.

SO THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.

THANK YOU.

DO WE HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS? YES, FOUR MEMBER.

OKAY.

THANK YOU, MAN.

AND CHAIR.

UM, THANKS FOR THE PRESENTATION.

UH, DAVE, JUST A QUICK QUESTION ON, UH, SLIDE 18 AND 19 WHERE YOU TALKED ABOUT THE METRO RAPID AND THEN THE RED LINE, JUST, UH, AT A HIGH LEVEL.

COULD YOU JUST TALK ABOUT HOW THE PROCUREMENT MODELS WERE SELECTED FOR THOSE VARIOUS PROJECTS AND HOW THOSE PROJECTS WERE SEGMENTED? JUST AT A VERY HIGH LEVEL? OKAY.

UH, IF YOU TAKE THE METRO RAPID, UH, THE BASICALLY IS THAT PROGRAMS THAT ARE SPLIT PROBABLY 50, 50 COST-WISE, UH, THERE IS A CONTRACT THAT GOES FORWARD TO THE CAPITAL METRO BOARD THIS MONTH, UH, THAT WE'VE BEEN ABLE TO HAVE AN OPTION IN IT FOR THE BUS BIKE.

SO THAT WAS ADVERTISED SOMETIME LAST FALL, I BELIEVE.

SO IT'S AN ECONOMY OF SCALE IF YOU WILL.

UH, THE BUSES ARE BUILT INTO THAT AS AN OPTION, WHICH WE NOW CAN EXERCISE.

SO INSTEAD OF BUYING A SMALL QUANTITY OF BUSES THAT WE WOULD NEED FOR EXPO IN PLEASANT VALLEY, WE'RE PART OF A LARGER BUY.

SO THAT'S A COMPETITIVE CONTRACT THAT'S BEEN OUT THERE, THEY'VE GONE THROUGH A SELECTION PROCESS.

UH, SO THAT DELIVERY WILL BE IN CONJUNCTION WITH WHAT THEY'RE DOING THAT WAY.

WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PUT OUT A WHOLE NEW CONTRACT.

IT'S PIGGYBACKED ON TOP OF THAT.

W WHEN YOU LOOK AT WHAT'S THERE ON THE DESIGN SIDE, UH, FOR THE METRO RAPID PORTION OF IT, UH, ON BASICALLY WHAT'S THERE FOR THE CIVIL, THERE IS AN ON-CALL SERVICE THAT IS THERE FOR THE GENERAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANT, UH, THAT THERE WERE A SERIES OF FIRMS THAT WERE PUT INTO A CONTRACT BY CAT METRO SEVERAL YEARS AGO.

UH, THAT'S THE MOST EXPEDITIOUS WAY BECAUSE WE'RE TRYING TO GET A JUMP AS YOU KNOW, ON THE RUBBER TIRE PROJECTS.

SO WE USED ONE OF THOSE THROUGH A SELECTION PROCESS TO BE ABLE TO DO THE 30 AND NOW 60%, UH, DESIGN.

SO THAT'S THE MOST EXPEDITIOUS WAY TO DO IT BECAUSE WE'RE TRYING TO DO THIS AND WORK THROUGH THE DESIGN AT THE SAME TIME, WE'VE GOT AN INDEFINITE QUANTITIES CONTRACT THAT IS CURRENTLY ADVERTISED, SO THAT WE'VE GOT THAT IN PLACE.

BY THE TIME WE GET THE DESIGN DONE.

SO WE'RE LOOKING TO DO THINGS ON A CONTRACTUAL BASIS.

UH, AND, AND AGAIN, THESE ARE THE SMALLER PROJECTS.

I DON'T WANT TO DISCOUNT THEM, BUT THEY'RE THE SMALLER PROJECTS, UH, AND IT'S DIFFERENT THAN THE RISK ANALYSIS THAT I LOOK FORWARD TO DOING WHEN WE START TO LOOK AT THE BIG CONTRACTS THAT ARE THERE IN ORANGE AND BLUE.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, SIR.

UM, NO MORE QUESTIONS FOR MR. PASH.

I APPRECIATED THAT.

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE.

THANK YOU.

SO MOVING ON, UH, WE HAVE OUR ADMINISTRATIVE UPDATE, UM, AS WE'RE HIRING THE, OUR INTERNAL AUDITOR.

AND, UM, SO I JUST WANT TO SEND A REMINDER FOR THE EMAIL THAT I SENT TO THE BOARD, THAT WE BEGAN THE PROCESS, UM, BOARD MEMBER ELKINS, AND I HAVE WORKED ON WITH STAFF TO DEVELOP THAT JOB DESCRIPTION, AND IT'S ALREADY POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE.

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT POSITION AS WE WILL BE, UM, HIRING THE PERSON THAT REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE BOARD, AND WE'LL BE OVERLOOKING ALL OF OUR INTERNAL

[00:50:01]

PROCESSES.

WE'LL BE OVERLOOKING HOW THE BOARD IS PERFORMING, THE PROGRAM IS BEING DELIVERED.

SO, UM, SO WE'LL NOW HERE, UM, JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE AN UPDATE AND THAT WE'RE HOPING TO FILL THIS POSITION IN NOVEMBER.

SO I WILL ASK FOR EVERYONE'S COLLABORATION AND HELP US IN, IN, UM, AS WE GO THROUGH THAT INTERVIEW PROCESS, THE STAFF IS GOING TO BE HELPING US GO THROUGH THAT INTERVIEW PROCESS.

SO KEEP US POSTED IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS INTERVIEWS OR NOT.

OKAY.

SO, AND NOW WE WILL HAVE OUR DIRECTOR,

[III.3. Administrative Program Monthly Update ]

A PROGRAM STRATEGY, MR. SAM SERGEANT WITH AN UPDATE ON THE JOINT PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

MADAM CHAIR MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CLARK.

MY NAME IS SAM SERGEANT.

I'M THE DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM STRATEGY FOR THE ATP, AND I'M GOING TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT.

NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO HERE'S THE TIMELINE ONE SLIDE BACK.

THANK YOU.

HERE'S THE TIMELINE THAT YOU MAY HAVE SEEN BEFORE, AND IT HAS A SLIGHT MODIFICATION HERE.

SO I WANT TO WALK THROUGH OUR, UH, OUR TIMELINE FOR THE NEXT PARTNERSHIP, ILA, THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT.

YOU CAN SEE THAT WE BEGIN THE CLOCK HERE, UH, AT NOVEMBER 3RD, WHEN VOTERS APPROVED THE PROPOSITION, A PROJECT CONNECT INITIAL INVESTMENT, UM, THROUGHOUT THE SPRING AND THE FALL, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING CLOSELY WITH OUR PARTNERS AT THE CITY OF AUSTIN, UH, AS WELL AS CAPITOL METRO TO, UH, DRAFT THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT.

NOW WHAT THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT IS IN A NUTSHELL, AND WE'VE TALKED ABOUT THIS IN THE PAST, BUT IT REALLY PROVIDES THE RULES OF THE ROAD FOR OUR PARTNERSHIP AS WE IMPLEMENT THE PROGRAM.

IT'S IT'S, HOW ARE WE GOING TO WORK TOGETHER TO DO WHAT THE PEOPLE HAVE ASKED US TO DO? UM, AND THIS IS A REALLY CRITICAL DOCUMENT TO HAVE.

IT'S GOING TO HELP NOT ONLY THE TEAMS NOW, BUT IT'S GOING TO HELP US IN THE FUTURE.

SO WE'VE BEEN WORKING VERY CLOSELY WITH OUR FRIENDS AT THE CITY FROM A LOT OF DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS.

AND I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW CLOSELY WE'VE BEEN COLLABORATING, BUT OF COURSE, A LOT OF THE LEADERSHIP HAS COME FROM ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER FEE AND DACA, AND, UH, NICO DAY'S OFFICE, UH, ALONG WITH OUR PARTNERS AT CAPITAL METRO.

AND NOW WE'RE MOVING TOWARDS A VERY CRITICAL DATE.

SO OCTOBER 4TH YOU CAN SEE HERE IS A TRI-PARTY WORK SESSION SO THAT WE CAN DISCUSS THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT.

SO WE CAN WALK THROUGH WHAT IS GOING TO BE IN THAT DOCUMENT AND SET OURSELVES UP FOR AN OCTOBER 29TH TRI-PARTY, UM, JOINT MEETING IN BETWEEN THOSE TWO DATES IN OCTOBER.

AND I'M WORKING, UH, WITH JACKIE NIERENBERG AND OUR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT TEAM AND OTHERS.

WE ARE GOING TO SCHEDULE A VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING, UH, WITH THE CAC AND THE TAX INVITED SO THAT WE CAN TALK, UH, WITH THE PUBLIC VIRTUALLY AT LENGTH ABOUT SOME OF THE SAME TOPICS THAT WE'LL COVER HERE AS BOARD BOARDS AND COUNCIL ON OCTOBER 4TH, AND JUST MAKE SURE THAT FOLKS OUT THERE IN THE COMMUNITY UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE BRINGING FORWARD ON OCTOBER 29TH AND THAT THEY FEEL HEARD.

UM, SO THEN OCTOBER 29TH, OF COURSE, UH, A VOTING SESSION, AND THEN NOVEMBER THROUGH JUNE OF 2022, WE WILL BE WORKING COLLABORATIVELY WITH THE CITY AND CAPITAL METRO TO APPROVE OTHER ACTIONS THAT ARE NEEDED FOR PROJECT CONNECT IMPLEMENTATION.

NOW, MANY OF THESE WOULD LIKELY BE TWO PARTY ACTIONS, UM, BUT WE WILL BE TAKING CARE OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF AT THAT TIME.

SO NEXT SLIDE.

SO TAKING A LOOK HERE, UH, AND YOU CAN SEE THIS, UH, SEE THE TEXT PROBABLY A LITTLE BIT BETTER, UH, IN YOUR PACKET AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE WATCHING, UM, VIRTUALLY YOU CAN SEE THIS IN THE