Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:03]

YEAH,

[I. Call to Order]

FIRST TIME I'VE EVER USED THE GAVEL.

UH, GOOD AFTERNOON.

THANKS FOR, UH, JOINING US FOR OUR DECEMBER MEETING OF THE CAT METRIC.

AND TO ORDER TODAY IS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 17TH, AND THE TIME IS 1212.

UH, THE FIRST ITEM ON OUR AGENDA IS PUBLIC COMMENT.

I BELIEVE WE HAVE TWO SPEAKERS THAT SIGNED UP IN ADVANCE.

UH, AND I'LL JUST MENTION, BY THE WAY, I KNOW THAT MEMBER KITCHEN IS, UH, PARTICIPATING REMOTELY AND MEMBER STRATTON, UH, MAY NOT BE ON YET, BUT WE'LL ALSO BE, UM, PARTICIPATING REMOTELY, UH, CHAIR, COULD I MAKE A COMMENT SHARE THIS IS AN KITCHEN.

YES.

I JUST WANTED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT I'M LEAVING MY CAMERA OFF FOR CONNECTIVITY PURPOSES, UH, UNTIL WE VOTE.

AND SO I'LL TURN IT ON AND OFF AS, AS NEED BE, BUT, UH, THAT'S WHY IT'S OFF AT THE MOMENT.

THANK YOU.

SO, AS I SAID, OUR FIRST,

[II. Public Comment (see note on registration below)]

UH, ITEM ON OUR AGENDA IS PUBLIC COMMENT.

WE'VE GOT TWO SPEAKERS WHO SIGNED UP IN ADVANCE, ALTHOUGH I HAVE FOUR HERE.

YEAH.

THANK YOU.

UM, AND, UH, AS I CALL YOUR NAME, UH, PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND, UH, YOU'LL HAVE THREE MINUTES.

UM, FIRST WILL BE MS. BRIANNA FRY.

WELCOME.

YES, IT'S ALWAYS SCARY PRESSING BUTTONS.

UM, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE BOARD, MY NAME IS BRIANNA FRY.

I'M THE BOARD PRESIDENT OF THE RED LINE PARKWAY INITIATIVE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT.

AS OUR ORGANIZATION CONTINUES TO FORMALIZE A WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH CAPITAL METRO STAFF AND ALIGN OUR VISION FOR FUTURE INVESTMENT INTO THE 32 MILE RED LINE PARKWAY.

I COME TO YOU TODAY TO PROVIDE YOU WITH TWO UPDATES TO THE CAPITAL METRO BOARD ACTION OF NOVEMBER 18TH, 2019 FOR THE REDLINE PARKWAY PLAN.

THE FIRST IS WE ARE RAMPING UP OUR CONVERSATIONS WITH CAPITAL METRO STAFF TO CREATE A SPECIFIC TIMELINE TO COMMENCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE REDLINE PARKWAY PLAN.

WE UNDERSTAND CAPITAL METRO IS NEAR THE CONCLUSION OF A SEPARATE METRO RAIL LINES OPTIMIZATION AND RIGHT AWAY STUDY.

OVER THE PAST YEAR, WE HAVE CONVENED THE STAFF OF THE THREE OF THREE CITIES, TWO COUNTIES AND CAPITAL METRO AND COLLABORATED TO PUT TOGETHER AN IMPRESSIVE AND IMPERATIVE SCOPE OF WORK FOR THE RED LINE PARKWAY PLAN.

AND WE WOULD REMAIN A COMMITTED PARTNER IN THIS ENDEAVOR.

SO THAT'S UPDATE NUMBER ONE, UPDATE.

NUMBER TWO IS WE ARE ALSO BEGINNING TO REVISIT THE DEVELOPMENT OF A PARKWAY AGREEMENT OR COLLABORATIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE, BETWEEN THE CAPITAL METRO AND THE RED LINE PARKWAY INITIATIVE PER THE NOVEMBER, 2019 CAPITAL METRO BOARD OF DIRECTIVE.

THIS DOCUMENT WILL HELP ESTABLISH RELATIONSHIPS, ROLES, AND EXPECTATIONS FOR OUR CONTINUED RELATIONSHIP.

AS WE ENTER OUR FIFTH YEAR OF WORKING TOGETHER AND IN ADVANCE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE PARKWAY PLAN, THE DOCUMENT WILL HELP CLARIFY ROLES ACROSS THE CAPITAL METRO DEPARTMENTS AMONG OUR OTHER PARTNER AGENCIES AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS.

HOW OUR ORGANIZATION RELATES TO CAPITAL METRO.

WE FINALIZED A SIMILAR DOCUMENT WITH THE CITY OF AUSTIN EARLIER THIS YEAR.

SO THANK YOU FOR THE TIME TO SPEAK AND EXPRESS MY INTERESTS ON BEHALF OF OUR ORGANIZATIONS, BOARD AND FUNDERS.

AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO CONTINUING OUR RELATIONSHIP INTO THE NEW YORK NEW YEAR.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, MS. TAYLOR, UH, NEXT, UH, MR. MS. TAYLOR, MS. FRY.

UM, MR. TOM WALD.

HEY, WELCOME.

UH, THANK YOU.

UH, GOOD AFTERNOON BOARD AND CEO AND LEGAL STAFF.

THANKS.

UM, MY NAME IS TOM WALD AND I'M THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE RED LINE PARKWAY INITIATIVE.

UH, WE'RE ONE OF THE MANY NONPROFITS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES WHO WORK CLOSELY WITH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND RAILWAY AUTHORITIES TO DEVELOP PUBLIC TRAILS ALONG RAILWAY CORRIDORS.

UH, OUR ORGANIZATION WAS FOUNDED IN 2017 AND I WANT TO THANK, UH, CAPITOL METRO CEO, RANDY CLARK FOR BEING AN EARLY SUPPORTER OF OUR EFFORTS IN 2018 AND FOR APPROVING $25,000 IN STARTUP FUNDING FOR OUR ORGANIZATION.

AND THEN ALSO BEING ONE OF THE KEY REASONS THAT I WAS ABLE TO START OUT AS FULL-TIME STAFF IN 2019, UH, FROM THOSE EARLY CONVERSATIONS WITH RANDY AND TODD, HEMINGSON THE PREVIOUS, UH, VICE PRESIDENT OF PLANNING.

WE PURSUED A PARTNERSHIP WITH CAPITAL METRO PATTERN AFTER, UM, OTHER NONPROFIT RELATIONSHIPS, UH, WITH GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ON TRAIL PROJECTS.

AND THAT LED TO THE UNANIMOUS DECISION IN NOVEMBER, 2019, UH, BY THE CAPITAL METRO BOARD DIRECTOR AND STAFF TO EXPLORE A PARTNERSHIP WITH OUR ORGANIZATION.

[00:05:01]

UM, I THINK WE'RE ALMOST THERE AND THAT'S, UM, I FEEL LIKE THERE'S A, THERE'S A GOOD RENEWAL OF THAT EFFORT.

UM, WE HAVE RECENTLY HAD CONVERSATIONS WITH CAP METRO STAFF TO PUT TOGETHER A TIMELINE TO COMMENCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE REDLINE PARKWAY PLAN IN AS SOON AS 2022.

AND THEN WE WILL ALSO BE, UM, WORKING WITH CAPITAL METRO STAFF TO DESCRIBE THE ROLE THE REDLINE PARKWAY INITIATIVE CAN HAVE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THAT PLAN AND IN STEWARDSHIP STEWARDSHIP OF THE TRUCK CORRIDOR.

AND AS, UM, MY BOARD PRESIDENT SAID, THIS WILL HELP ALL PARTIES TO HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE ROLES, INCLUDING THE OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES THAT WE CONTINUE TO CONVENE.

UH, TO DATE, WE HAVE PROVIDED OVER $200,000 IN PRIVATE FUNDING TOWARDS THIS EFFORT, AS WELL AS ALMOST 300, ALMOST 3000 VOLUNTEER HOURS.

MOST OF WHICH HAS BEEN HIGHLY SKILLED EXPERTISE.

UM, HAVING A TIMELINE TO COMMENCE ON THE PARKWAY PLAN AND AN AGREED UPON DOCUMENT DESCRIBING OUR ROLE VIS-A-VIS CAPITAL METRO WILL HELP US AND OUR OTHER AGENCY PARTNERS MAKE THE MOST OF OUR LIMITED RESOURCES FORWARD.

UM, I WELCOME ANY QUESTIONS Y'ALL HAVE TODAY, AND I'M ALSO HAPPY TO MEET WITH YOU AT A FUTURE TIME.

UH, YOU'RE WELCOME TO JUST REACH OUT TO ME FOR A GOOD TIME TO MEET.

I'VE MET WITH MANY OF YOU AND, UM, I NEED TO, UH, REACH OUT TO BECKY OUR NEWEST CAPITAL METRO BOARD MEMBER.

AND IF YOU'RE AVAILABLE IN 2030, I KNOW THAT'S A WAYS OFF.

UH, I LOOK FORWARD TO JOINING ON THE COMPLETED REDLINE PARKWAY ALONG WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER DAILY USERS.

THANKS VERY MUCH.

THANK YOU.

PROBABLY WON'T BE AVAILABLE IN 2030, BUT MAYBE 2023.

OKAY.

LET'S GIVE IT A SHOT.

HOPE TO BE HERE ON THE PLANET.

23RD, RIDING THE TRAIN, UH, NEXT, UM, JACOB ALLEN HINSON.

WELL, WE'LL KEEP YOU IN THE GYM AWAY FROM THE BARBECUE.

WELCOME.

THANK YOU.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

MY NAME IS JACOB HENSON.

I'M A JUNIOR AT EAST SIDE, EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL.

TODAY.

I'M HERE TO TALK BRIEFLY ABOUT THE EAST AUSTIN PICKUP ZONE AND HOW IT DOES NOT INCLUDE EAST SIDE.

THE ZONE INCLUDES EAST SIDE'S OLD CAMPUS AND THE PICKUP MAPS STILL MARKS OUR CAMPUS AS EAST SIDE.

HOWEVER, AN AUGUST EAST SIDE MOVED TO THE OLD LC ANDERSON CAMPUS AND THE LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCE ACADEMY MOVED TO OUR OLD CAMPUS.

AS A RESULT, STUDENTS WHO LIVE NEAR OUR OLD CAMPUS NEED A RELIABLE WAY TO GET TO SCHOOL BESIDES SAY THE SCHOOL BUS THAT'S WHEN THE EAST AUSTIN PICKUP ZONE CAME INTO PLAY.

HOWEVER I AND FELLOW STUDENTS QUICKLY LEARNED THAT OUR CAMPUS WAS NOW CUT OFF FROM THE ZONE AND WE HAD TO GET OFF THE PICKUP AT ACC EASTFIELD RIGHT ACROSS FROM EAST SIDE AND WALK UP A STEEP HILL TO GET TO SCHOOL.

THIS DOESN'T INJUSTICE TO DISABLED STUDENTS THAT LIVE NEAR OLD CAMPUS FOR, THEY HAVE NO WAY TO GET TO SCHOOL BESIDE REQUESTING A SCHOOL BUS TO PICK THEM UP AND DROP THEM OFF SOMETIMES TOO LATE TO GET BREAKFAST, WHICH MAY SIGNIFICANTLY HAMPER THEIR SCHOOL DAY UNTIL THEY GET LUNCH.

AND IT DOESN'T INJUSTICE TO THE EAST SIDE COMMUNITY MORE WIDELY.

NOBODY WANTS TO WALK UP TO THE HILL AND ARRIVE AT SCHOOL, ALL SWEATY AND TIRED.

I AM THANKFUL HOWEVER THAT THE PICKUP TEAM IS NOW PLANNING TO INCLUDE OUR NEW CAMPUS AND THE ZONE IN JANUARY 22, THOUGH.

THEY ARE ONE SEMESTER, ROUGHLY 18 WEEKS OF SCHOOL LATE IN DOING SO REGARDLESS.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE BOARD FOR ITS INCREDIBLE PROGRESS ON PROJECT CONNECT AND FOR RANDY CONSISTENTLY POSTING ABOUT IT ON TWITTER.

THANK YOU, JACOB.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE EFFORT TO COME DOWN HERE.

UH, WE REALLY APPRECIATE THAT.

I, UM, THANKS.

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT.

UH, DONNIE, WOULD YOU BE YOU OR SHAMILA BE ABLE TO JUST PROVIDE HIM, UH, JACOB, SOME INFORMATION SO WE COULD.

PERFECT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

UH, CHAIR, UH, I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TO COME AND EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS.

UH, THIS IS WHAT CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY IS ABOUT.

IT'S ABOUT HOW WE TAKE CARE OF OUR NEIGHBORHOODS, HOW WE, UH, HOW WE USE OUR VOICE TO HELP, UH, VERY PROUD OF, OF, UH, THE WORK THAT YOU'RE DOING AND HOPE THAT YOU CONTINUE TO DO IT.

MAYBE YOU'LL BE SITTING UP HERE ONE DAY.

THAT'S AN INVITATION TO RUN.

CONSIDER YOURSELF FULLY WARNED.

THANK YOU.

UH, LAST, UH, WE HAVE, UH, UH, MS. UH, NOVIA, JOSEPH, WHO I THINK IS APPEARING REMOTELY AND ONCE FIVE MINUTES, MS. JOSEPH BOARD MEMBERS I'M AS NOVIA JOSEPH, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A FEW COMMENTS AS IT RELATES TO THE ACTION ITEMS. FIRST, LET ME PREFACE BY SAYING TO THE COMMUNITY, IF YOU ARE FRUSTRATED WITH CAPITAL METRO BROADLY WITH MANAGEMENT, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEND AN EMAIL TO TRANSPORTATION WHISTLEBLOWER@MAIL.HOUSE.GOV.

THAT'S THE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE, AS IT RELATES TO YOUR

[00:10:01]

ACTION ITEMS, ACTION ITEMS, SIX RELATES TO THE VERIZON $500,000 EXTENSION LIFELINE.

AND I JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU TO PLEASE LIVE BY AT THE BUS, RAPID TRANSIT, WHO LEFT THE STATION, AND TO PLEASE PUT THE WI-FI AT HER TRANSIT CENTER.

WE WAIT 45 MINUTES AT TECH RIDGE PARKING, RIGHT? THERE WAS A LONG WAY THAT NORTH MEMORIAL TRANSIT CENTER IN SOUTH AUSTIN AS WELL, SOUTH CONGRESS, PEOPLE AT NORWEST WAIT 60 MINUTES A LOT.

I CERTAINLY RESPECT THAT THE STAFF SAID THAT THEY'RE MEETING THAT PEOPLE WERE WAITING AT THIS PHONE, NOT NECESSARILY USING THE TRANSIT SYSTEM.

I WOULD SAY IF YOU HAVE MONITORING AS A PROBLEM, AND THAT'S SOMETHING PUBLIC SAFETY CAN ADDRESS, BUT I PERSONALLY USE MY LAPTOP AND THE ONLY WIFI IN THE VICINITY IN NORTHEAST AUSTIN IS TO GO TO LITTLE WALNUT CREEK LIBRARY IN BETWEEN THE BUS ROUTES.

SO IT'S REALLY AN INCONVENIENCE.

AND AT TECHBRIDGE PARKING RIDES, YOU'RE RELYING SOLELY ON THE 8 0 1 WHEN IT SHOWS UP, BUT SOMETIMES IT RUNS 28 MINUTES HEADWAY.

SO THERE'S NO BUS AND NO WAY TO CONNECT.

I WOULD ALSO ASK HAS CHARGING SPACE AND THEY EITHER ON A GREYHOUND BUSES UNDERSTAND THAT LOW-INCOME PEOPLE PAY TAXES TOO, AND THEY FUND CAPITAL METRO.

SO IT SHOULDN'T BE A CRIME IF THEY'RE ACTUALLY CHARGING THEIR PHONE OR THEIR LOGGED IN AT THE ONE TO FIVE STATION, AS IT RELATES SPECIFICALLY TO NORTH AND MY TRANSIT CENTER.

I JUST WANT TO ASK YOU TO CONSIDER PUTTING HEAT THERE.

IF YOU GO TO METRO TRAINS IS NOT FULLY SLED DRC.

THERE'S ACTUALLY A STATION THAT HAS PUSHED THE CLOSEST PLANE.

THEY RECOGNIZE THAT PEOPLE WAITING FOR THE BUS MAY D MAKE IT COLD.

AND AT NORTH MEMORIAL TRANSIT CENTER, IT'S TAKEN THE VIEW THAT I CAN BE THINKING ABOUT CONCRETE AS NO PROTECTS FROM THE HEAT FROM RAIN OR THE COLD, BECAUSE WE ELIMINATED THREE EVERY THREE MONTHS SO THE PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT TO SHELTER.

YES, 10 MINUTES TOO LONG AGO, INCLEMENT WEATHER.

THEY WERE PUTTING PEOPLE OUT IN THE WEATHER.

SO I WOULD ASK YOU TO RECOGNIZE THAT, AND AS IT RELATES TO THE RESTROOMS, AND THERE WAS A CASE THAT CAME ONE WITH $570,000 THAT YOU SPENT ON NORTH LAW, BUT THERE ARE NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS. AND I TOLD YOU ABOUT A LITTLE BOY WHO WAS BEING AT TECHBRIDGE PARKING RIGHTS SPECIFICALLY IN ENVIRONMENT, UM, WHERE YOU GET WATER.

SO THE WATER FOUNTAINS.

AND SO WHEN PEOPLE HAVE TO GO, THEY JUST GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE OF HUMAN NATURE.

I WOULD ASK YOU TO RECOGNIZE SPECIFICALLY, IF YOU DON'T THINK IT'S WORTH PUTTING A RESTROOM FOR THE BUS RIDERS, THEN CONSIDER NOT PUTTING A RESTROOM FOR THE RAIL RIDERS.

WHEN YOU BUILD A NEW STATION AND SEEING HOW FAR THAT GETS YOU.

I THINK PEOPLE EXPECT A RESTROOM TO BE BUILT AS WELL AS IT RELATES SPECIFICALLY TO YOUR PUBLIC SAFETY ITEMS. COUNCIL MEMBER KITCHEN MENTIONED, UM, DURING THE OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING ABOUT THE TYPE OF VEHICLES.

AND I JUST ANECDOTALLY WANTS TO TELL YOU THAT ON VETERAN'S DAY, THERE WERE ABOUT SIX VEHICLES RESPONDING TO A WHITE LADY WHO SEEM TO BE HAVING A MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS.

AND SO THIS IS WHAT WE CAN EXPECT.

I'M JUST THINKING THAT AT SOME POINT SOMEONE WILL GET SHOT.

THEN MORE SUPERVISORS, VEHICLES, TRANSIT, POLICE MEDICAL.

IT WAS AT LEAST A DOZEN PEOPLE AROUND THIS ONE WHITE LADY.

AND WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE OVER AT SOUTH PARK MEADOWS, I SAW HER LYING ON THE SIDEWALK.

AND SO MAYBE SHE WAS HOMELESS.

MAYBE SHE JUST HAD A CRISIS, BUT IT WAS A WHOLE LOT OF MANPOWER.

AND SO IT'S MORE THAN JUST LOOKING AT THE VEHICLES, BUT I DISAGREE WITH SPENDING $425,000 ON 10 VEHICLES, BECAUSE IT WAS ADVERTISED AS A PILOT, UM, AS RELATES SPECIFICALLY TO YOUR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEYS ON PAGE 58 OF THE BOARD PACKET, I WILL JUST ASK YOU TO BE TRANSPARENT AND ASK THE STAFF TO TELL YOU HOW MANY INDIVIDUALS WERE FROM NORTHEAST AUSTIN, WHAT THE DEMOGRAPHICS WERE, AND ALSO WHAT ROUTES WERE ACTUALLY SERVING, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU CAN MANIPULATE DATA.

AND THEN LASTLY, ITEM EIGHT IS THE BONUS FOR RANDY CLARK.

AND I JUST WANT TO REMIND YOU RANDY'S RACIST.

REGIONAL REMAP DOES NOTHING FOR NORTHEAST AUSTIN.

I MET WITH HIM APRIL 20TH, 2018.

HE ASKED ME TO MEET WITH HIM MARCH 28TH, 2018,

[00:15:01]

JUST AS HE GOT HERE.

AND HE HAS DONE NOTHING FOR BLACK PEOPLE OTHER THAN SHOW UP FOR THE PARADE, UM, ON JUNE 18TH AND THINGS OF THAT.

BUT REALLY I OPPOSED THAT, UM, I KNOW THIS IS RETROACTIVE IT'S THROUGH OCTOBER 3RD, 2021, BUT I JUST WANT TO PUT IT.

THANK YOU, MS. JOSEPH'S, YOUR FIVE MINUTES IS RUN.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

UH, NEXT ARE, UH, WELL LET ME JUST ASK, IS THERE ANYBODY IN THE ROOM WHO DIDN'T SIGN UP THAT WANTED TO SPEAK TO US? NONE.

VERY WELL.

WE'LL

[III.1. Customer Service Advisory Committee (CSAC)]

MOVE ON TO OUR ADVISORY COMMITTEE UPDATES.

UH, FIRST IS OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISORY COMMITTEE, MS. PARRA.

WELCOME.

GOOD TO SEE YOU IN PERSON YOU'RE IN PERSON.

UM, GOOD AFTERNOON, CHAIRMAN COOPER, VICE CHAIR, CIVILIAN PRESIDENT CLARK AND BOARD MEMBERS.

UM, MY NAME IS EDNA , I'M THE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER AND THE STAFF LIAISON FOR C SAC AND ACCESS.

UM, ALSO WITH ME IS CHAIR HUNT FROM ACCESS AND CHAIR TAYLOR FROM C SAC.

UM, AND THEY WILL BE HELPING ME WITH THE UPDATE MOVING FORWARD.

UM, SO I WILL START WITH A QUICK OVERVIEW, THE COMMITTEES THAT ON DECEMBER 1ST AND EIGHTH RESPECTIVELY AND WERE BRIEFED ON, UM, BY AGENCY STAFF ON ETO D UM, EQUITABLE TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT BY ANNA LAN FOR PLANNING.

UM, THEY RECEIVED A PICKUP UPDATE FROM, UM, CHAD BALLANTINE AND THEY ALSO ARE.

WE ALSO WORKED ON THE WORK PLANS FOR 2022.

UM, AND THOSE WILL BE ON THE WEB PAGE.

UM, EACH, UH, WEBPAGE WILL HAVE THEIR OWN WORK PLAN AND YOU CAN SEE THE AGENDA TENTATIVE ITEMS FOR 2022.

UM, SO BEFORE I PASS IT ONTO THE COMMITTEES, I DO WANT TO GIVE A BRIEF UPDATE ON C SAC MEMBERS, UH, DESPITE HAVING EIGHT OUT OF NINE MEMBERS IN THE COMMITTEE RIGHT NOW, WE'RE STILL HAVING A HARD TIME REACHING A QUORUM.

I, UM, SPOKE WITH A CHAIR TAYLOR EARLIER THIS WEEK AND, UH, WE WILL BE EMAILING, UH, MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN PRESENT IN ABOUT THE LAST THREE MONTHS, UM, TO SEE IF THEY'RE STILL AVAILABLE TO CONTINUE BEING A MEMBER IN 2022.

IF THEY'RE NOT, THEN WE'RE GOING TO BE WORKING WITH CORRESPONDING BOARD MEMBERS TO SEE, UM, IF WE CAN GET NEW NOMINATIONS.

UM, ESPECIALLY NOW THAT WE HAVE A LOT OF, UH, NOMINATIONS FROM P.

SO, UM,

[III.2. Access Advisory Committee ]

OTHER THAN THAT, I WILL KICK IT TO, WELL, I'LL PASS IT ON TO CHAIR HUNT FROM ACCESS.

GOOD AFTERNOON, MR. CHAIR, BOARD MEMBERS AND STAFF, VERY DELIGHTED TO BE HERE TODAY.

UM, I'M THE NEW CHAIR OF THE ACCESS COMMITTEE, BUT THIS IS NOT MY FIRST RODEO.

I WAS THE CHAIR OF THE MOBILITY IMPAIRED SERVICE ADVISOR COMMITTEE WAY BACK IN THE 1990S.

AND I'VE SEEN CAPITAL METRO COME AN AWFUL LONG WAY.

AND SINCE THEN, AND, UM, THE COMMITTEE IS VERY EXCITED ABOUT WHAT WITH PROJECT CONNECT AND WHAT'S GOING ON, UH, WITH PROJECT CONNECT.

UH, WE WERE DELIGHTED TO HEAR FROM, UH, THE, UM, ECONOMIC EQUITY, OPAL ORIENTED, TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT OF CANCER CARD THING TO SAY, BUT VERY GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT, UM, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION OF PEOPLE GETTING DISPLACED SOMETIMES BECAUSE OF THE LIGHT RAIL COMING THROUGH AND THAT SORT OF THING.

UH, SO I'M VERY, I'M VERY GLAD TO HEAR THAT THAT'S BEING ADDRESSED AND, AND THEY'RE LOOKING AT THAT, UM, PICKUPS ARE, ARE GOING GREAT.

I ACTUALLY USE THE, UM, ACTUALLY WAS INCLUDED IN THE PICKUP ZONE RECENTLY.

UM, I LIVE IN, THAT'S ALL, THAT'S ALL PICK UP ZONE.

WE LOVE IT.

UM, AND IT WORKS VERY WELL.

UM, YESTERDAY I, I WAS ABLE TO TAKE A, UM, I WALKED TO THE PARKING LOT.

I JUST GET MY GUIDE DOG AND ME SOME EXERCISE.

SO WE WALKED THERE AND WE TOOK THE 8 0 1 AND GRABBED THE PICKUP, UM, AND, YOU KNOW, WENT OVER TO THE, UM, ADC MEDICAL CENTER TO GET LAB WORK DONE AND CAME BACK, TOOK THE PICKUP BACK TO 81 COMING NORTH AND WALKED BACK.

UM, THE COMMITTEE IS CONCERNED ABOUT THOUGH ABOUT, UM, DELAYS DELAYS.

AND I SAW IT YESTERDAY AS A MATTER OF FACT, UM, SAW THAT THE 81 WAS RUNNING LATE, UH, THE PICKUP, UM, FROM THE 8 0 1 TO THE MEDICAL CENTER, IT TOOK LIKE 20 TO 25 MINUTES.

MOST, MOSTLY DEAN, NO, THEY CAN'T ALWAYS MEET THOSE, BUT WE'RE SEEING THOSE SORTS OF THINGS OUT THERE IN THE STREET.

I'M VERY HAPPY ABOUT THE, UM, PICKUP DASHBOARD AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A PRETTY GOOD WORK PLAN GOING ON FOR NEXT YEAR.

AND I ALSO WANT TO TELL YOU THAT, UM, OVER THE PAST YEAR OR SO, UH, THE COMMITTEE IS BEING, UM, UM, STAFF GETS REPORTS, THERE IS PARTICIPATION FROM THE

[00:20:01]

COMMITTEE, SO IT BECOMES MORE OF A DISCUSSION THAN JUST A, UM, INFORMATION DUMP, SO TO SPEAK.

SO AGAIN, I'M VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE AND, UM, I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH THE BOARD, UH, FROM THE ACCESS COMMITTEE.

AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

THANK YOU, CHAIR HUNT.

WE'RE DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU HELPING US OUT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO, UH, IMPROVE IN OUR SERVICE AND YOUR, AND YOUR LEADERSHIP.

UH, AND, UH, IT'S A NICE TO BE ABLE TO SEE YOU, UH, REMOTELY AND WHENEVER IT'S APPROPRIATE, WE'LL BE GLAD TO HAVE YOU DOWN HERE.

CHAIR PARRA.

WE HAVE CHAIR TAYLOR FROM CCE ASHEBORO.

SORRY.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, CHAIR.

AND, UM, GOOD AFTERNOON, MEMBERS OF THE BOARD AND PUBLIC, UM, YOU FROM TAYLOR WITH, UM, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ADVISORY COMMITTEE, AS ANNE ALLUDED TO, UM, WE ARE CONTINUING TO HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH QUORUM.

TYPICALLY IN DECEMBER, WE HOLD GENERAL ELECTIONS FOR THE ONCOMING YEAR.

SO WE'VE HAD TO DEFER THAT TO JANUARY.

UM, AND AS AN, AS MENTIONED, WE ARE WORKING TO TURN OFF AN EMAIL TO COMMITTEE MEMBERS WHO ARE GONNA HAVE SOME, UM, PERIODICALLY THROUGHOUT THE PAST YEAR TO GAUGE THEIR CONTINUED INTEREST AND WILLINGNESS TO SERVE ON COMMITTEE.

UM, IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT PROJECT CONNECT IS CONTINUING TO BE DEVELOPED.

UM, IT'S CRITICAL THAT WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RESOURCE TO THE COMMUNITY AS WELL AS PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE BOARD, UM, ON ANY ITEMS THAT ARE PRESENTED TO US OR ISSUES THAT COME UP.

UM, WE'RE NOT ABLE TO TAKE ACTION WITHOUT QUORA.

UM, AND THAT'S CONCERNED TO ME, UM, WITH THAT, UM, WE ALSO DISCUSSED HOW TO IMPROVE VISIBILITY, COUNT METRIC COMMITTEES, UM, SPECIFICALLY THINKING ABOUT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

UM, CURRENTLY IF YOU GO TO THE WEBSITE, THE COMMITTEES, THE PUBLIC COMMITTEES LINK IS ALL THE WAY DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

UM, I SUSPECT THAT IF YOU ASKED WRITERS, IF THERE WAS, WERE PUBLIC COMMITTEES OR HOW TO GET TO THEM, OR WHETHER THEY HELD MEETINGS, UM, MY BELIEF IS THAT THAT PEOPLE WOULD PROBABLY BE SURPRISED THAT THERE ARE PUBLIC COMMITTEES, THEN THAT THERE ARE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO THEM BESIDES THE COMPLAINT LINE.

UM, SO I'D RECOMMEND THAT AS GOING FORWARD, WE'LL LOOK INTO, UM, EITHER IMPROVING SOCIAL MEDIA NOTIFICATIONS OR POSTINGS, UM, THROUGH CAP METRO ON PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AND THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND, UM, COMMITTEE MEETINGS, UM, WHETHER OR NOT THAT INCLUDES VEHICLE SIGNAGE OR CHANGES TO THE VISIBILITY ON SITE OR THINGS THAT WE CAN DISCUSS, UM, IN OUR COMMITTEE.

AND I LOOK FORWARD TO BRINGING RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE BOARD ON THAT ITEM.

UM, IN TERMS OF OUR DECEMBER MEETING, UM, WE RECEIVED AN UPDATE ON ETO D OVERVIEWS, UM, AND ANTICIPATE A FOLLOW-UP IN MARCH, 2020 ON THE WORK PLAN.

UM, ONE OF THE ISSUES, ONE OF THE ITEMS THAT IS OF SOME CONCERN TO ME IS THAT ZONING IS OUT OF SCOPE FOR THAT PROJECT.

I REALIZED THAT CAT METRO AND ATP DON'T HAVE CONTROL OF ZONING.

THAT'S A CITY ISSUE, BUT THE FACT THAT THEY'RE TO MY MIND, WITHOUT HAVING THE ABILITY TO CHANGE ZONING AND TO CHANGE THE ZONING AROUND THOSE TRANSIT CORRIDORS, OR AT LEAST WORK WITH THE CITY IN PARTNERSHIP TO MAKE CHANGES TO THOSE, TO IMPROVE THE AVAILABILITY OF EQUITABLE TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT, THAT IT DOESN'T SEEM, IT SEEMS LIKE A CHALLENGE.

UM, SO I HOPE THAT GOING FORWARD, WE CAN GET SOME MORE INSIGHT INTO THAT AND WHAT THE PLAN IS.

SO, UM, ONTO PICK UP UPDATE, UM, I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE DASHBOARD, UM, I KNOW IT'S BEING DEPLOYED SOMETIME SOON.

UM, AND THEN LASTLY, UM, WE DID HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT PUBLIC OUTREACH REGARDING THE PUBLIC REGARDING PROJECT CONNECT, UM, ESPECIALLY REGARDING THE POTENTIAL OF RIGHT, BUT WAIT, EXPANSIONS BETWEEN DEAN KEATON, 31ST, UH, 34TH STREET, UM, AND HOW PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION IS BEING MADE FOR PROPERTIES THAT MAY BE IMPACTED DUE TO THAT EXPANSION, THE WIDENING OF THAT ROAD, THE RIGHT AWAY THERE.

UM, WE I'VE RECEIVED AN UPDATE AND THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS HAVE ALSO RECEIVED AN UPDATE FROM AN APAR REGARDING, UM, KAT METRO'S PLAN AND POLICIES IN TERMS OF NOTIFICATION TO BUSINESS OWNERS AND PROPERTY OWNERS.

UM, BUT I WOULD ASK IT AS PART OF IMPROVED TRANSPARENCY AND COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT WHEN PUBLIC MEETINGS OR PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AND PUBLIC EDUCATION SESSIONS ARE BEING HELD, THAT WE TRY TO COMMUNICATE THINGS THAT MAY BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED BY PROJECT CONNECT AND THE MEMBERS WHO ARE PRESENTING.

SO, UM, WITHOUT PERHAPS DISCUSSING, OR AT LEAST HIGHLIGHTING THE BEGINNING OF THOSE MEETINGS,

[00:25:01]

WHAT OUTREACH IS BEING TAKEN AND WHAT CONCERNS ARE ARE FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC, SO THAT WE ARE CREATING AND FOSTERING, UH, LINES AND OPEN LINES OF DIALOGUE AND COMMUNICATION, UM, EARLY IN THAT PROCESS.

UM, AND WITH THAT, I'LL HAND IT BACK OVER TO EDNA FOR ANY CLOSING PAYMENTS.

AND I WELCOME ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE COMMITTEE OR FROM THE BOARD AT THIS TIME.

THANK YOU.

UM, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE, UM, EXCEPT THANK YOU SO MUCH TO CHAIR TAYLOR AND CHAIR HUNT FOR JOINING US AND TAKING TIME FROM THEIR WORKDAY.

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

A GOOD REPORT.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO, UH, A MORE ENGAGEMENT, UH, IN THE FUTURE AND, UH, MORE SUGGESTIONS.

SO THANK YOU.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR LEADERSHIP AND YOUR SERVICE, ANY QUESTIONS FOR CHAIR HUNT? VERY GOOD.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, CHAIR.

I HAVE A QUESTION CHAIR.

I HAVE A QUESTION.

THIS IS AN KITCHEN.

GO AHEAD.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT.

UH, A COUPLE OF THINGS FIRST OFF I'VE I WANT TO SAY, UH, TO THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU, UH, FOR YOUR REPORT.

THIS IS VERY HELPFUL FOR US TO UNDERSTAND, UH, WHAT YOU'RE YOU'RE SEEING IN, IN, UM, IN THINKING IN YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS.

AND I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WORK THAT YOU ARE PROCEEDING WITH ON, UM, UH, ON DEVELOP ON ENSURING A QUORUM.

AND, UM, I KNOW ALL OF US AS BOARD MEMBERS WILL APPRECIATE YOU REACHING OUT TO US.

UM, IF OUR APPOINTEES ARE NOT ABLE TO PARTICIPATE AND WE NEED TO MAKE ADDITIONAL APPOINTMENTS, UH, YOUR WORK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.

AND, UM, SO WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO ENSURE THAT THERE'S A QUORUM.

UM, I ALSO WANTED TO, UM, SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS RELATED TO RAISING THE PROFILE AND THE, UH, AWARENESS OF THE COMMITTEES.

AND SO I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHAT WE CAN DO, YOU KNOW, ALL THE WAY FROM IMPROVING THE VISIBILITY ON THE WEBSITE TO PERHAPS, UM, UH, MAYBE SOME ADS ON THE BUSES OR OTHER NOTICES ON THE BUSES, WHATEVER YOU GUYS END UP RECOMMENDING.

I THINK THAT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL TO US.

UM, IF OUR CUSTOMERS ARE MORE AWARE OF THE COMMITTEES AND, AND, UM, CAN ENGAGE WITH YOU ALL MORE, UM, ON THE COMMENT RELATED TO PLANNING.

UM, I THINK THAT, I THINK THERE SHOULD BE OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVISE, UM, BOTH COMMITTEES ACTUALLY ON THE PLANNING THAT'S OCCURRING.

UH, WE DEFINITELY WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE, THE SIDE OF THE PLANNING ZONE ACT IS COORDINATED WITH A CAP METRO SIDE, AS WELL AS ATP.

AND SO, UM, THERE ARE EFFORTS GOING ON RIGHT NOW, SPECIFICALLY, UH, AROUND, AND YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN BRIEFED ABOUT THIS AROUND THE, UH, ETOD, UH, PLANNING RELATED TO THE, UM, CONTRACTS THAT, UH, CAPITAL METRO HAS FOR PLANNING.

UM, AND THEN THERE'S GOING TO BE EFFORTS ON THE CITY SIDE RELATED TO ZONING.

AND SO, UM, I'M JUST PUTTING A MARKER HERE TO SAY THAT, UM, WE WILL, I, I WILL WORK WITH MY COLLEAGUES ON THE CITY'S PERSPECTIVE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALL ARE BRIEFED ON THAT.

AND I KNOW THAT OUR SHOW SHERMILLA AND OTHERS FROM THE CAP METRO SIDE, UH, SHOULD BE ABLE TO BRIEF YOU ON CAT METRO'S ROLE PRACTICE IN CAP, METRO WOULD BE OF USE TO YOU ALL IN PROCESS.

UM, AND THEN FINALLY, UM, UM, I, I, I'M HEARING YOUR SUGGESTION, UH, FOR PUBLIC INPUT.

IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING, UM, AS A WAY TO, TO MAKE THOSE MEETINGS TO HELP WITH THE TRANSPARENCIES OF THOSE MEETINGS TO ACTUALLY STAY AT THE OUTSIDE OF THOSE OUTSIDE OF THESE MEETINGS, WHAT, UM, PUBLIC CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN RAISED TO DATE.

UM, AND SO, UM, UM, I THINK, UH, THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT OUR STAFF SHOULD CONSIDER.

UH, SO MR. CLARK, I'M HOPING THAT OUR STAFF CAN CONSIDER THAT AS AN APPROACH, UM, TO ADD IF THEY'RE NOT TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY'RE NOT ALREADY DOING THAT, UH, TO ADD THAT TO, UM, THE, UH, MEETINGS THAT THEY HAVE WITH THE PUBLIC, IT JUST HELPS GIVE THE PUBLIC AND UNDERSTANDING OF, OF, UM, DISCUSSION ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN RAISED.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE, MR. CLARK? SOMETHING THAT WE COULD POTENTIALLY ADD? UM, YEAH.

THANK YOU, BOARD MEMBER.

I THINK WHAT THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT THAT IS TO HAVE BOTH A CAP METRO AND AUSTIN TRANS PARTNERSHIP, UH, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT TEAMS, UH, HAVE A GOOD CONVERSATION WITH, UH, CHAIR TAYLOR TO REALLY MAKE SURE WE UNDERSTAND THE NUANCE OF WHAT HE REFERS TO BECAUSE DIFFERENT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MEETINGS ARE DIFFERENT OBVIOUSLY.

AND SO I REALLY APPRECIATE THE CHAIR'S COMMENT AND NOT JUST THAT THE

[00:30:01]

AWARENESS OF THE COMMITTEE, UH, IT'S KINDA CONVOLUTED, I GUESS, YOU KNOW, AND I KNOW IT'S CONFUSING FOR THE PUBLIC BECAUSE THERE'S TWO ORGANIZATIONS AND PARTNERING PLUS THE CITY AND HOW WE'RE ALL DOING THIS.

SO, UM, THAT'S NATURAL.

THIS IS ALL NEW.

UH, AND WE, WE REALLY WANT TO PIVOT IN 22 TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE, THE COMMUNITY COULD SEE THIS AS ONE UNIFIED EFFORT, MULTIPLE AVENUES TO PROVIDE INPUT.

AND IT GETS CONSOLIDATED WITH THE FEEDBACK LOOP AND ON THE PROJECT CONNECT WEBSITE.

SO EVERYONE CAN SEE TRANSPARENTLY EVERYONE'S COMMENTS AND HOW WE DEAL WITH THOSE COMMENTS.

SO REALLY APPRECIATE THAT, THAT COMMENT.

WE'VE HEARD THAT.

AND I THINK, I THINK OVERALL I WOULD GIVE A LOT OF CREDIT COMMUNITIES, THE TEAM, I THINK THEY'RE DOING A GREAT JOB, BUT WE CAN ALWAYS IMPROVE THAT FEEDBACK PROCESS.

AND SO I THINK IF THAT'S WHAT THE CHAIR IS RECOMMENDING, UH, THAT I WOULD, UM, I'LL HAVE THE STAFF I'LL WORK WITH THE CHAIR AND A COUPLE OTHER, UH, CAUSE I THINK THERE'S A REALLY IMPORTANT THAT THE CAC GROUP AND OUR TWO ADVISORY GROUPS ALSO ARE KIND OF JOINTLY CONNECTED, UM, IN A LOT OF WAYS.

AND SO WE REALLY WANT TO WORK ON THAT IN 22 TO MAKE SURE THE WHOLE COMMUNITY PROCESS WORKS, WORKS REALLY SEAMLESS FOR EVERYONE.

THANK YOU, PRESIDENT CLARK.

I THINK THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

ALRIGHT, THANK YOU.

AND THANK YOU.

UH, UH, OUR TWO CHAIRS, WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE.

[IV.1. Operations, Planning and Safety Committee]

WE'LL MOVE ON NOW TO OUR REGULAR BOARD.

OKAY.

OUR REGULAR BOARD COMMITTEE UPDATES, A CHAIR KITCHEN.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO START US OFF WITH THE OPERATIONS COMMITTEE? UH, YES.

I HAVE MY MINI SOME ASSISTANCE FROM MY COLLEAGUE, UH, BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON, BASICALLY, UH, AT OUR LAST, UH, OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING.

WE DID NOT HAVE A QUORUM, SO WE DIDN'T TAKE ANY ACTIONS, BUT WE DID HEAR, UH, PRESENTATIONS, UH, FROM EACH OF THE, UM, ITEMS THAT WERE ON OUR AGENDA AND, UH, MAKE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR STAFF.

UM, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD AT THIS POINT AT THIS POINT, OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT WE DID TALK ABOUT THE WIFI AND IN LIGHT OF OUR, UM, OUR, UM, PUBLIC TESTIMONY.

I MAY HAVE A FEW MORE QUESTIONS WHEN THAT COMES UP TO US, BUT, UM, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO ADD BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON? UH, NOT AT THIS TIME, MADAM CHAIR, I APPRECIATED THE OPPORTUNITY THAT EVEN THOUGH WE WEREN'T ABLE TO ACHIEVE QUORUM, WE, I FEEL LIKE THAT IT WAS STILL VERY PRODUCTIVE.

WE WEREN'T ABLE TO, TO MOVE ANY ITEMS TO THE AGENDA FOR CONSENT, UNFORTUNATELY, BUT I THINK WE HAD A VERY ROBUST CONVERSATION AND DISCUSSION ON THE ITEMS. WE'RE ABLE TO TAKE THAT A LOT OF THE QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE FOR SOME OF THESE ITEMS, THINGS THAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE BROUGHT FORTH BEFORE THE COMMITTEE, OR EVEN MOVE TO THE WHOLE DIOCESE.

UH, SO I, I THINK I FELT COMFORTABLE HAVING A LOT OF MY QUESTIONS ASKED AND, AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL KIND OF HELP SPEED UP SOME OF THE PROCESS WHEN WE NOW GET TO SOME OF THESE ITEMS. I REALIZE THAT THERE THERE'S STILL SOME, A COUPLE OF THINGS I THINK YOU AND I STILL HAD SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT MOVING FORWARD HERE TO THE FULL DIES, LIKE YET, LIKE YOU MENTIONED THE WIFI AND THERE MIGHT BE SOME THINGS THAT COME UP AND ESPECIALLY ON THE, UH, UH, THE, THE, THE, THE DATA WAREHOUSE, UH, CONTRACT AS WELL.

UM, POSSIBLY I THINK ON THE PUBLIC SAFETY TOO, BUT, UH, I THINK A LOT OF THOSE ITEMS, I FEEL LIKE THAT THAT'S, AT LEAST FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, EVEN THOUGH WE COULDN'T TAKE ACTION AND PUT THEM ON THE CONSENT AGENDA, I FEEL LIKE THAT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, UM, I, IF WE COULD HAVE I'D HAVE BEEN COOL WITH IT AND NOT AS SPONSORED AND ON THE CONSENT AGENDA GOING FORWARD.

SO THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO STILL DO THE DISCUSSION, EVEN THOUGH WE DIDN'T HAVE CORE MADAM CHAIR.

YES.

AND THANK YOU, BOARD MEMBERS STRATTON.

UH, YES.

I FELT LIKE IT WAS, I AGREE.

I FELT LIKE IT WAS A VERY PRODUCTIVE CONVERSATION, SO, SO THAT'S OUR REPORT CHAIR.

THANK YOU.

UH, NEXT,

[IV.2. Finance, Audit and Administration Committee]

OUR CHAIR MITCHELL, OUR FINANCE AUDIT AND ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE REPORT.

THANK YOU, MR. CHAIRMAN.

UH, THE FINANCIAL AUDIT AND ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE MET ON DECEMBER 8TH.

WE DID HAVE A QUORUM IN ADDITION TO APPROVING THE MINUTES WE HAD ONE ACTION ITEM AND IT WAS TO, UH, TO RECOMMEND APPROVAL ON OUR CONSENT AGENDA TO, UH, TODAY FOR THE FULL BOARD, UH, CONTRACT WITH BLANK ROME, GOVERNMENT RELATION SERVICES FOR LEGISLATIVE SERVICES, UH, OVER THE NEXT, UH, UH, ONE YEAR WITH A FOUR YEAR, FOR ONE YEAR OPTION RENEWALS, AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED 1,000,080 $7,000.

UH, WE HAD PRESENTATIONS ON THE, UH, OUR TWO RETIREMENT PLANS.

UH, THEY WERE CLEAN OPINIONS AND, UH, REALLY WERE NO ISSUES WITH REGARD TO THE RETIREMENT PLANS.

AND THEN OUR INTERNAL AUDITOR PROVIDED AN UPDATE ON THE AUDIT PLAN STATUS AND DISCUSSED A SPECIFIC AUDIT WITH THE TRAIN STORE AND TICKET CONTROLS.

UH, THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH IT.

VERY GOOD.

THANK YOU.

A CHAIR.

I UNDERSTAND WE HAVE, OH, REMEMBER POOL.

THANKS CHERON AND THANKS TO, UH, CHAIRMAN FOR THE REPORT FROM THE FINANCE AUDIT ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE.

WHEN WE BRING THIS ITEM UP FOR VOTE, UM, IT'S ON CONSENT.

I WILL HAVE A QUESTION FOR STAFF, SO WE'LL GO AHEAD AND ASK IT NOW AND THEN MAYBE THEY CAN ANSWER IT WHEN WE GET TO THE

[00:35:01]

ITEM.

I WANT TO GET SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO CLARIFY WHETHER THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP WILL BE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SERVICES PERFORMED ON ITS BEHALF UNDER THIS CONTRACT.

AND THIS IS THE BLANK ROME, UH, PROPOSAL FOR LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANCE.

THANK YOU, MEMBER POOL.

WE CAN'T REALLY TAKE THAT UP UNTIL WE ACTUALLY HAVE THE, YEAH.

LET'S, UH, DEFER THE ANSWER TO THAT UNTIL WE GET TO THE ACTUAL ACTION ITEM.

UM, UNDERSTAND WE HAVE A NO CAMPO UPDATE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MEET.

UM, BUT, UH, MEMBER STRATTON, CAN YOU

[IV.4. Austin Transit Partnership Board Update]

HELP US WITH AN AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD UPDATE? UH, YES.

MR. CHAIR, HAPPY TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE.

UM, THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP HELD ITS DECEMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING ON WEDNESDAY, UH, AS AT THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP MEETING, WE ADOPTED OUR RECORDS MANAGEMENT POLICY AS WELL AS OUR INVESTMENT POLICY AND, UH, PER THE JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT THAT HAD BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED BY ALL THREE PARTIES, THE CITY CAP, METRO AND THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP.

WE ALSO MOVED ON TO, UH, TO, UH, PROCEED WITH THE, UH, PROCEDURE FOR REVIEWING THE GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE OF THE ATP AND, UH, APPROVED A, TO PROCEED WITH A CONTRACT WITH THE INC ENO CENTER FOR TRANSPORTATION AND AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $200,000 TO STUDY THE ATPS EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP MODEL.

UM, IN ADDITION TO THAT, WE ALSO, UH, AT THAT MEETING, UM, RECEIVED PRESENTATIONS ON, UH, OUR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT UPDATES, UH, SPECIFICALLY, UH, HEARD ABOUT, UM, THE MEETINGS AT THE DRAG WHERE BETWEEN VIRTUAL AND IN-PERSON ATTENDEES.

UH, WE HAD, I BELIEVE DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS.

UM, I THINK IN PERSON WE HAD AROUND A HUNDRED AND HAITI, I THINK WAS WHAT THE NUMBER WAS.

IT WAS TOLD US, AND THEN VIRTUALLY ANOTHER 120, IT WAS SOMEWHERE AROUND 300 PEOPLE TOTAL THAT, THAT HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON THE VARIOUS DESIGN IDEAS FOR THE DRAG.

UH, ALSO, UH, HEARD UPDATES ON, UM, UH, PRESENTATIONS, UH, FROM NOVEMBER ON LADY BIRD, LAKE BRIDGE, HUMANITIES DESIGN WORKSHOP, UH, AS WELL.

AND, UM, UH, AND THEN, UH, SOME, AND THEN SO UPCOMING AS WELL, COMING UP, WE'VE GOT, UH, MCCALLA STATION VIRTUAL UPDATE, FOURTH STREET.

UM, WELL, AND THEN ALSO, EXCUSE ME, I'M SORRY.

I'M LOOKING AT WHAT MY BAD, UH, SO WE HEARD ABOUT MCCALLA STATION FOUR STREET AND, UH, THE DRAGON GUADALUPE, UH, DESIGNS THAT, UH, MEETINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THE COMMUNITY.

UM, SO, UH, IN ADDITION, AND FINALLY WE HEARD A PRESENTATION, UH, ON KIND OF JUST WHERE WE'VE BEEN TO GET US TO THIS POINT THROUGH PROJECT CONNECT AND FORMING ATP AND EVERYTHING, AND ALL OF THE PROCESSES ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL WITH OUR FEDERAL PARTNERS AND THEN WHERE WE'RE GOING FROM HERE.

AND KEY MILESTONES KIND OF REMINDING US THAT PROJECT CONNECT.

ISN'T REALLY JUST ONE PROJECT.

IT IS REALLY A PROGRAM COMPOSED OF VARIOUS PROJECTS THAT WE ARE APPLYING TO FOR FEDERAL GRANTS.

AND WE WERE REMINDED THAT, UH, JUST RECENTLY, EVEN HERE ON TUESDAY EVENING, UM, WE RECEIVED WORD THAT THE, UM, THE BRT LINES, UH, AT, UM, EXPO CENTER AND, UH, PLEASANT VALLEY HAD BEEN, UH, RECEIVED THE, UM, A LETTER OF NO PREJUDICE FROM THE FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION, WHICH WERE REALLY HUGE MILESTONES, REALLY BIG DEALS BELIEVABLE HERE, MORE FROM THAT, UH, FROM, UH, PRESIDENT CLARK A LITTLE BIT LATER IN HIS REPORT, UM, THAT, THAT BIG MILESTONES IN THE PROCESS AND PROJECTS AS WE CONTINUE TO ADVANCE, UH, THE REQUIREMENTS OF PROJECT CONNECT.

AND THEN FINALLY, UH, WE ALSO, UH, PERFORMED OUR, UH, WHEN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION AND PERFORMED OUR ANNUAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF, UH, MR. CLARK AND HIS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, UH, RESPONSIBILITIES ON ATP.

UH, THAT INFORMATION PER CONTRACT WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE CAP METRO BOARD THIS AFTERNOON AND EXECUTIVE SESSION AS PART OF THEIR EVALUATION, OUR EVALUATION, UH, FOR, UM, MR. CLARK FOR HIS OVERALL PERFORMANCE, UH, AND HIS CONTRACT AND, UH, EVALUATION AS A WHOLE.

SO BIG DAY, LOTS OF BUSINESS, LOTS OF BUSY-NESS AS ATP CONTINUES TO ADVANCE THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD AND FOLLOWING THE PLAN OR KEEPING TRAINS RUNNING ON TIME.

THAT'S WHAT I GOT GUYS.

THANK YOU, MR. STRATTON, THANKS FOR YOUR, UH, ADDITIONAL SERVICE ON THAT BOARD.

I UNDERSTAND YOUR LAST MEETING WENT EIGHT HOURS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

SO, UH, WE'RE GRATEFUL,

[V.1. Approval of minutes from the November 22, 2021 board meeting.]

UH, NEXT BOARD MEMBERS, UH, WE HAVE OUR CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS. WE HAVE TWO OF THOSE.

UH, I'M GOING TO SUGGEST SINCE WE HAVE A QUESTION FROM BOARD MEMBER POOL THAT WE, UH, UH, JUST TAKE THOSE UP, UH, AS INDIVIDUAL ITEMS AND, UM,

[00:40:01]

UH, I THINK WE CAN MOVE QUICKER IF WE JUST VOTE ON THEM.

UH, SO, UH, UM, MOVE BOTH OF THOSE TO THE, UH, ACTION ITEM AGENDA, AND THEN WE'LL JUST MOVE THROUGH THESE AS EXPEDITIOUSLY, AS WE CAN, KNOWING THAT WE HAVE SOME TIME, UH, IN EXECUTIVE SESSION CHAIR, VICE CHAIR, I MOVE APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 22ND.

ALL RIGHT.

I HAVE A MOTION.

IS THERE A SECOND MEMBER POOL WITH THE SECOND, ANY DISCUSSION? I THINK, UH, CARRIE, SINCE WE HAVE VIRTUAL MEMBERS, DO I NEED TO CALL ROLE, UM, DO THIS QUICKLY? UH, I REMEMBER ROSS.

THANK YOU.

REMEMBER POOL, UH, COOPERS AND I, UM, VICE CHAIR TO CIVILIAN.

I REMEMBER RENTERIA.

I REMEMBER MITCHELL.

I REMEMBER STRATTON AND I REMEMBER KITCHEN.

HI, THANK YOU.

UH, THE NEXT

[V.2. Approval of a resolution authorizing the President & CEO, or his designee, to finalize and execute a contract with Blank Rome Government Relations, LLC for Federal Government Legislative services for a base period of one (1) year with four (4) one-year options for a total not to exceed amount of $1,087,400.]

ITEM THEN WILL BE, UH, NUMBER CONSENT.

WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY LABELED AS CONSENT AGENDA ITEM NUMBER TWO APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE PRESIDENT AND CEO OR HIS DESIGNEE TO FINALIZE AN EXECUTED CONTRACT WITH BLANK ROME, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS, LLC, FOR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LEGISLATIVE SERVICES FOR OUR BASE PERIOD OF ONE YEAR WITH FOUR ONE-YEAR OPTIONS FOR A TOTAL NOT TO EXCEED AMOUNT OF $1,087,400 SHARE.

WOULD YOU RATHER ENTERTAIN THIS AS A MOTION AND DO THE DISCUSSION F S THE QUESTIONS DURING THE DISCUSSION, OR WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE US GO AHEAD AND MOVE IT IF YOU DON'T MIND? SO, UH, THAT BEING SAID, I'LL MAKE THE MOTION SECOND.

WE CAN DO THAT.

ALTHOUGH FRANKLY, I WAS HOPING TO GET THE ANSWER AND THEN I WAS GOING TO MAKE THE MOTION.

DON'T NEED A MOTION AND A SECOND, SO, WELL, I WILL, I WILL, I WILL.

WE DON'T WANT TO RETRACT.

UM, I WANTED TO, I WANTED TO HEAR THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION BEFORE THE MOTIONS.

ERIC, GO AHEAD, PLEASE.

OKAY.

RED IS ON, THERE WE GO.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

BOARD MEMBERS, PRESIDENT CLARK, ERICA, MAZZA VICE PRESIDENT OF GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS AND A BOARD MEMBER.

WOULD YOU PLEASE RESTATE YOUR QUESTION JUST TO MAKE SURE I HAVE CORRECT? SURE.

OR WITH REGARD TO THE ROME BLANK, UH, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS, UH, I'D LIKE SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO CLARIFY WHETHER THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP WILL BE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR SERVICES PERFORMED ON THE PARTNERSHIP'S BEHALF UNDER THIS CONTRACT.

IN OTHER WORDS, FOR SERVICES TO ATP, WHICH ENTITY IS RESPONSIBLE FINANCIALLY.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE QUESTION AND HOLISTICALLY AND OVERALL, THIS PARTICULAR CONTRACT IS A CAPITAL METRO CONTRACT AND THROUGH ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS THAT WE HAVE TODAY, I MEAN, PROJECT CONNECT AND ET CETERA.

YOU KNOW, THIS BEING A FEDERALLY LEGISLATIVE CONTRACT, IT LOOKS AT ALL THE TRANSIT COMPONENTS THAT FTA AND DDOT PUT FORWARD.

SO HOLISTICALLY IT IS UNDER THE CAP METRO CONTRACT.

IF THERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE SPECIFIC ONLY TO ATP, THEN WE WILL LOOK AT, UH, THE COST SHARES ACCORDINGLY, THEN TO FOLLOW ON THAT.

WILL YOU BE MEETING WITH, UH, THE TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP REGULARLY TO SHARE, UH, AND, UH, INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH REGARD TO, UM, THE EFFORTS AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL? AND WHAT INPUT WILL YOU TAKE FROM THE TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP ALONG THOSE LINES? OR IS THE INFORMATION PRIMARILY OR SOLELY COMING FROM KENT? METRO, THANK YOU FOR THE QUESTION.

AND ABSOLUTELY I SIT IN ON THEIR WEEKLY STAFF MEETINGS.

I WORK WITH THEM DIRECTLY IN TERMS OF THE FEDERAL RISK REGISTER THAT THEY JUST WENT THROUGH, UM, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH, UH, CAPITOL METRO, UM, AND ENSURING THAT FTA HAS THE ANSWERS AND THE INFORMATION THAT THEY NEED, AS WELL AS IF THERE'S ANY LEGISLATIVE PIECES LIKE, UH, ANY UPDATES TO THE CAPITAL INVESTMENT GRANT PROCESS THAT THEY ARE WELL AWARE AND WE CAN ACT ACCORDINGLY.

OKAY, SO YOU WILL BE SHARING EQUALLY WITH BOTH ENTITIES.

AND IF THE PARTNERSHIP IS LOOKING FOR A PARTICULAR STRATEGY OR INFORMATION THAT MAY NOT BE SOMETHING THAT CAP METRO IS LOOKING FOR, HOW, HOW DO WE EXPECT THAT WOULD KIND OF WORK IN, I'LL GIVE YOU MY, I'LL GIVE YOU MY INTERPRETATION.

I GUESS I'M A BOARD MEMBER.

SO I, I THINK AGAIN, OR HE JUMP IN, WE'RE TRYING TO HELP THEM BOARD MEMBER ANSWERS IS THE BEST WAY I THINK TO YOUR QUESTION IS SO IN ALL THE DOCUMENTATION, UH, TO START OFF IT STARTED, UH, THE PARTNERSHIP WAS THE CAP.

METRO OBVIOUSLY IS THE FEDERAL GRANTEE, AND WE'LL BE GOING AFTER FEDERAL GRANTS, JUST LIKE THE LETTER OF NO PREJUDICE THAT BOARD MEMBER STRATTON MENTIONED AND WORKING THROUGH THAT FEDERAL PROCESS THAT WAS LISTED OUT AS A, AS

[00:45:01]

A RESPONSIBILITY, BUT CAP METRO IN THE FORMATION OF, OF, OF THE PARTNERSHIP FOR PROJECT CONNECT.

SO ERICA AND HER TEAM ARE ACTUALLY DOING SO I JUST WANT TO SEPARATE THE STAFF'S ROLE, WHICH IS WORKING OF COURSE, AS COTTON METRO, BUT ERIC HAS TIME.

WE'LL ALSO BE HELPING ATP BECAUSE PART OF THIS IS NOT, UH, NOT NECESSARILY RELATED TO THIS CONTRACT, BUT IT'S HER TIME BECAUSE IT'S, WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE FEDERAL PROCESS.

SO IN SOME WAYS, CAP, METRO HAS A ROLE IN THAT FEDERAL PROCESS.

AND THE STAFF AT ATP IS DOING THE TECHNICAL WORK WITH FTA THAT THE GR TEAM HAS TO KIND OF BE HAND IN GLOVE WITH BECAUSE IT'S THE FEDERAL PROCESS.

THIS CONTRACT SPECIFICALLY THOUGH, IS FOR CONSULTANT SUPPORT INSIDE OF DC, WHICH PART OF THAT COULD BE RELATED TO PROJECT CONNECT, GREAT OPPORTUNITIES, BUT IT'S ALSO CATHOLIC, REGULAR FEDERAL BUSINESS.

SO EVERYTHING FROM COMMUTER RAIL PTC WORK THAT WE, WE CONTINUE TO DO TO REGULAR GRANTS, THAT CAP METRO IS GOING FOR.

THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PROJECT CONNECT, OUR REGULAR FORMULA WORK THAT WE DO WITH A CAP, METRO, OTHER SAFETY, SECURITY, UH, ASSET MANAGEMENT, OTHER, UH, TITLE SIX COMPLIANCE ISSUES THAT, UH, CAP METRO DOES TOTALLY DISCONNECTED FROM PROJECT CONNECT.

SO THE CONTRACT IS TO HANDLE ALL OF OUR FEDERAL AFFAIRS IN A HOLISTIC WAY.

ERIC HAS TIME WILL AND HER STAFF AND ON THE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS TEAM, OUR PR OBVIOUSLY CAP METRO STAFF, BUT BECAUSE THE ATP TEAM IS IMPLEMENTING, UH, AS BOARD MEMBERS TRY AND SAY DIFFERENT PROJECTS AT FEDERAL COMPONENTS, WE GOTTA MAKE SURE THOSE ARE HAND IN GLOVE.

SO HER TIME IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN THE CONTRACT.

I DON'T KNOW IF THAT HELPS GIVE A LITTLE CLARITY TO THAT.

I THINK IT'S ANOTHER ONE OF THE ISSUES SINCE WE'RE KIND OF CREATING THIS, THIS STRUCTURE AS WE MOVE ALONG, THAT IT'LL BECOME MORE EVIDENT HOW THAT IS ALL GOING TO WORK OUT.

I WANT TO JUST TO KIND OF PUT A PIN IN THAT AND TO, UM, MAKE A COMMENT TO REMARK ABOUT THAT, MAKE SURE THAT THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP FOLKS ARE AWARE THAT WE HAD THIS CONVERSATION AND WHAT THE RESPONSE IS.

AND, UM, YEAH, I MEAN, I THINK, I THINK IT'LL WORK OUT JUST FINE, BUT YOU KNOW, WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE INDEPENDENCE OF EACH INDIVIDUAL GROUP, AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT, UH, FOR EXAMPLE, IN THIS PARTICULAR CONTRACT SITUATION, IT COULD BE THAT THE PARTNERSHIP IS LOOKING FOR A, BUT KEPT METRO IS LOOKING FOR B.

AND, UM, IF IT'S ALL COMING ACROSS ON THE CROSSWALK WITH THE, UH, WITH, UH, BLANK ROME, THEN THERE MAY BE SOME PUSH AND PULL AS TO WHO ACTUALLY MAKES A DECISION WITH REGARD TO A PARTICULAR ISSUE THAT MAY COME BEFORE THEM MAYBE NEVER HAPPEN.

UM, BUT WE SHOULD PROBABLY BE AWARE THAT IT MIGHT AND JUST KIND OF KNOW HOW SURE I APPRECIATE THE COMMENT.

SO, UH, WE, WE OBVIOUSLY WILL HAVE ONE INTEGRATED FEDERAL STRATEGY AND EVERYTHING WE DO BECAUSE, UH, AGAIN, ATP'S MISSION IS TO IMPLEMENT THE PROJECTS THAT BOTH CAP METRO AND THE CITY HAVE DEFINED AS THE PARTNERSHIP AND IN THOSE DOCUMENTS CAP, METRO WAS THE LEAD, OBVIOUSLY ON THE FEDERAL BECAUSE WE'RE A FEDERALLY REGULATED TRANSIT AGENCY.

ATP IS NOT A TRANSIT AGENCY CAN, IS NOT, IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN DC AS A, AS A THING.

WE'RE NOT, IT'S A NON-PROFIT IN TEXAS FORMED BY THE TWO, THE TWO ENTITIES.

UM, SO CAB CAB METRO AND ERIC, HIS TEAM IS LEADING THAT EFFORT, BUT IS WORKING INCREDIBLY COLLABORATIVELY.

SO WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ISSUES WITH THAT.

IF ANYTHING, THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THE, OF THE REALLY IMPORTANT INTEGRATION WORK THAT HAS TO HAPPEN.

AND WE COULD, THIS IS A GOOD CATEGORY THAT WE COULD NOT HAVE TWO EFFORTS GOING ON.

IT WOULD ACTUALLY, IT WOULD BE DETRIMENTAL AND, AND BRING ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF RISK TO THE, TO THE PROGRAM.

AND SO, UM, RIGHT NOW EVERYTHING'S GOING REALLY WELL.

I THINK THE ATP BOARD ERIC HAS BEEN IN FRONT OF THEM.

SHE'S BEEN IN FRONT OF YOU.

SHE WORKS CLOSELY WITH BOTH SIDES OF THE STAFF.

UH, AND THIS AGAIN IS TO HELP US WITH PROJECT CONNECT ISSUES, BUT OTHER ISSUES THAT ACTUALLY ARE NOT EVEN CONNECTED TO PROJECT CONNECT.

SO, BUT, BUT YOUR POINT, UH, WE'RE, WE'RE GOING TO KEEP EVOLVING THIS OVER MONTHS AND YEARS AHEAD, BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE CATEGORIES THAT I THINK IS ACTUALLY, UH, PROBABLY WORKING THAT MAYBE ONE OF THE BEST ACTUALLY.

SO THAT SOUNDS GREAT.

AND, UH, APPRECIATE THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

THANK YOU FOR THE QUESTIONS AND CHAIR.

I WOULD MAKE THE MOTION TO APPROVE.

WE HAVE A MOTION SECOND FROM THE VICE CHAIR.

SECOND FROM THE VICE CHAIR.

ANY DISCUSSION, LET ME AGAIN, THE CALL ROLL.

THANK YOU, ERIC.

THANK YOU.

I HAVE A QUESTION, MR. CHAIR, CHAIR COOPER.

CAN YOU SEE WHEN I HAVE MY HAND RAISED? I DO HAVE A QUESTION.

GO AHEAD.

YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? YES.

OKAY.

UM, THANK YOU FOR THAT DISCUSSION.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS A VERY HELPFUL DISCUSSION.

SO I JUST WANT TO, I JUST HAVE ONE THING TO ASK.

UM, DO YOU, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED, OR WHAT IS THE PROCESS GOING TO BE TO, UM, UPDATE THE BOARD, UM, AS YOU PROCEED WITH, UM, UH, AS YOU PROCEED WITH, YOU KNOW, CONVERSATIONS, UH, AND LOBBYING EFFORTS AND THE OTHER KINDS OF EFFORTS THAT NEED TO OCCUR, UH, AT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, UH, LEVEL, UH, WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE PROCESS FOR UPDATING

[00:50:01]

THE BOARD ON THOSE CONVERSATIONS AND THE ISSUES? I UNDERSTAND THAT SOMETIMES, SOMETIMES THOSE, UH, SOMETIMES THOSE KINDS OF, UM, UPDATES ARE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR EXECUTIVE SESSION, DEPENDING ON PUMP ON WHAT THE PARTICULAR ISSUE IS.

AND SOMETIMES THEY MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE IN OPEN SESSION.

UH, BUT CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROCESS IS, UH, TO KEEP EVERYONE ON THE BOARD UPDATED ON, UH, WHAT, YOU KNOW, WHAT'S HAPPENING AT A FEDERAL LEVEL, WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR AT A FEDERAL LEVEL, WHAT ISSUES THERE MIGHT BE IN WHAT WE'RE ASKING FOR AND THOSE TYPES OF THINGS.

ABSOLUTELY.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU, BOARD MEMBER, UH, KITCHEN.

UH, SO TO START, UH, WHAT, UH, WE'VE WORKED WITH AT THE STAFF LEVEL IS THAT WE WILL BE DOING AT LEAST QUARTERLY UPDATES TO THIS BOARD AND ALSO TO THE ATP BOARD.

WE'RE ALSO SETTING A HOLISTIC FEDERAL STRATEGY FOR 22.

THAT INCLUDES LOOKING AT THE NEW, UH, INFRASTRUCTURE BY BIPAR, BIPARTISAN INFRASTRUCTURE LAW, AND ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES THAT ARE WITHIN THERE AND STRATEGIZING AND TIMING OURSELVES APPROPRIATELY, WHETHER IT'S VISITS, WHETHER IT'S DISCUSSION WITH MEMBERS OF CONGRESS HERE IN DISTRICT, OR BACK IN DC, AS WELL AS LOOKING AT OUR GRANT STRATEGY PROGRAM AS WELL, WHEN ITEMS COME UP THAT ARE MORE SENSITIVE IN NATURE, EXECUTIVE SESSION ORIENTED, I WILL WORK, UH, AT THIS TIME WITH CARRIE AND WE WILL THEN, YOU KNOW, KIND OF MOVE, MOVE THAT PIECE AND THOSE PROCESSES FORWARD.

UH, BUT YOU WILL EXPECT TO AT LEAST SEE MYSELF OR SOMEONE ON MY TEAM QUARTERLY AT, AT MINIMUM.

UH, THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THAT'S, THAT'S VERY HELPFUL.

WHAT ABOUT THE DECISION-MAKING ON THE STRATEGIES? UM, HOW WILL YOU HANDLE THAT WITH THE BOARD? THANK YOU FOR THAT.

UM, SO WE ARE ACTUALLY DOING AN INTERNAL STAFF EDUCATIONAL SESSION AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR WHERE WE'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO GO THROUGH AND TALK ABOUT THE NEW INFRASTRUCTURE, UH, LAW AND THE OPPORTUNITIES THAT EXIST WITH GRANTS AND THE TIMING OF THOSE GRANTS, MAKING SURE THAT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TEAM MEMBERS, WHETHER IT'S INTERNAL FOR GRANTS AND FINANCE, AND WE ALL KNOW OUR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES THERE, WHO WE HAVE, UH, FOR OUR CONSULTANTS TO ASSIST US AND MAKING SURE THAT, YOU KNOW, WE HAVE THE PROJECTS TIMED APPROPRIATELY AND ACCORDINGLY.

AND SO WE'RE DOING ALL OF THAT THE FIRST PART OF THE YEAR.

AND THEN FROM THAT PIECE, THAT STRATEGY WILL COME BEFORE THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR DISCUSSION.

OKAY, GREAT.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

SO, UM, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO ANTICIPATE WHAT, WHAT ISSUES, UM, THE BOARD MAY WANT TO PAY, TAKE A POSITION ON THAT'S REALLY WHAT I'M ASKING IS, UH, WHEN, UH, YOU KNOW, I THINK THAT IT'S IMPORTANT TO, UH, TO ASK THE BOARD, UH, RECOMMENDATIONS OF, OF COURSE, ARE NECESSARY AND IMPORTANT AND, AND SOMETHING THAT, UM, I VERY MUCH WANT TO HEAR AND WE'LL, YOU KNOW, DEFER TO MOST OF THE TIME, BUT I DO THINK THAT THE DECISION-MAKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL POSITIONS THAT KEPT METRO TAKES ON, UM, ON, UH, BILLS IN FRONT OF CONGRESS OR, OR OTHER KINDS OF LOBBYING POSITIONS, WHICH ARE NOT NECESSARILY THAT OFTEN A LOT OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS IN FRONT OF THE AGENCIES, WHICH IS NOT NECESSARILY THE SAME TYPE OF THING, BUT TO THE EXTENT THAT THERE IS A DECISION MADE OR A STRATEGY, UH, MADE A DECISION MADE WITH REGARD TO PARTICULAR ITEMS, I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE'S A PROCESS FOR BRINGING THAT IN FRONT OF THE BOARD SO THAT THE BOARD CAN HAVE A DISCUSSION AND UNDERSTAND THAT.

UM, SO THAT'S WHAT I'M ASKING.

OKAY.

I TAKE THAT UNDER CONTROL.

WELL, I WILL TAKE THAT IN AS PART OF THE OVERALL STRATEGY PROCESS.

THANK YOU.

ALL RIGHT.

THANK YOU.

OTHER QUESTIONS TO BE SURE.

WE WANT YOU TO GET AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN, AND CAN'T METRO PROJECT CONNECT.

WHENEVER YOU CAN.

THANK YOU.

NUMBER ONE STRATEGY THERE.

ALL RIGHT.

UH, LET ME, UH, MOVE US INTO A VOTE AND AGAIN, I'LL CALL ROLL, UH, MEMBER ROSS.

THANK YOU.

REMEMBER POOL? YES.

UH COOPER'S UH, YES, VICE-CHAIR TREVELYAN.

I REMEMBER RENTERIA.

I REMEMBER MITCHELL.

I REMEMBER STRATTON BY AND REMEMBER KITCHEN.

THANK YOU.

WE'LL NOW

[VII.1. Approval of a resolution appointing members of the Public Safety Advisory Committee.]

MOVE ON TO OUR ACTION ITEM AGENDA OFFICIAL ACTION ITEM AGENDA.

UH, FIRST IS APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION APPOINTING MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBER.

UH, I'M SORRY, MS. PARRA.

WELCOME BACK.

THANK YOU.

SO AGAIN, I'M A AETNA PARRA, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER AND STAFF LIAISON FOR PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

UM, FIRST OFF WE WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR

[00:55:01]

YOUR SUPPORT IN GETTING THESE APPOINTMENTS, UM, ON TODAY'S CONSENT AGENDA.

UM, I KNOW IT'S BEEN REALLY TRICKY WITH THE HOLIDAY SCHEDULE, SO WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT, UM, ON THIS IMPORTANT INITIATIVE.

UM, SO ONE NOTE, THIS CHARTER IS VERY NEW TO ME, SO I'M GOING TO BE LOOKING DOWN A LOT MORE, UM, BUT FROM THE BOARD'S APPROVAL FOR THE P SEC CHARTER, UH, STAFF INITIATED AN APPLICATION FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS.

UM, THE APPLICATION WAS SHARED WIDELY THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, MEDIA, UM, STAKEHOLDER LISTS AND MEETINGS.

UM, ALSO THE MESSAGE CENTER FOR BUS RIDERS, UM, OUR WEB PAGE.

AND NOW, UM, WE HAVE A PEACE ACT AS A DESIGNATED, UM, APPLICATION PAGE.

UM, SO ALSO I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH YOUR CONSTITUENTS AND ALSO