Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript


[00:00:02]

THANK YOU FOR JOINING US TODAY FOR THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, I WILL CALL THIS MEETING TO ORDER TODAY'S AUGUST 24TH, 2022.

AND THE TIME IS 2:10 PM.

THE AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP PROVIDES AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE AND OTHER INTERPRETER SERVICES, WHICH HAS REQUEST THAT YOU LET CHLOE MAXWELL NOW AHEAD OF TIME.

AND HER CONTACT INFORMATION IS IN EACH AGENDA POSTING.

AND,

[1. Official Seating of New Board Member]

UM, TODAY WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GUESTS AND NO LONGER A GUESS BECAUSE HE WILL NOW BE OFFICIALLY JOINING US.

SO WELCOME, UH, COMMISSIONER TREVELYAN CHAIR, TREVELYAN FROM CAPITAL METRO.

YOU HAVE ALL THE TITLES THAT WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT HOW WOULD YOU FIRST LIKE TO BE ADDRESSED? AND WE'RE SO DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU HERE TODAY.

I AM HONORED THAT CATHETER HAS ELECTED YOU TO JOIN US IN THIS JOURNEY OF DELIVERING PROJECT CONNECT FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

WE KNOW THAT YOU BRING DECADES OF EXPERIENCE, NOT JUST IN PUBLIC SERVICE, BUT IN HOW YOU SHEPARD PROJECT CONNECT TO A SUCCESSFUL REFERENDUM.

SO THAT HISTORY, THAT LEGACY, IT REALLY IS SOMETHING THAT THIS PROGRAM NEEDS AND YOUR LEADERSHIP AND GUIDANCE AND YOUR APPOINTMENT SHORTLY FOLLOWS DADDY'S APPOINTMENT.

WHEN THIS BOARD WAS INCREASED TO ADD ANOTHER EX-OFFICIO MEMBER.

SO WITH HAVING BOTH OF YOU HERE, JOINING US, I THINK THIS REALLY SHOWS A VERY STRONG PARTNERSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY AND HOW WE'RE GOING TO DELIVER THIS PROGRAM TOGETHER.

SO WITH THIS, I LIKE TO, UM, COMMEMORATE YOUR OFFICIAL SITTING.

AND IF YOU WILL INDULGE ME QUICKLY, WE'LL LIKE TO HAVE A REQUEST, TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH OF THE BOARD TO COMMEMORATE THIS UP.

YOU KNOW, YOU'RE SITTING HERE WITH US.

SO IF YOU DON'T MIND, IF I CAN TAKE EVERYBODY, OH YEAH, SHE'S A LITTLE LATE BECAUSE SHE SET A COMMITTEE MEETING AND, UM, YES, I WOULD LOVE FOR GINA TO BE IN.

LET ME FIND A MOMENT.

YES.

SOMEWHERE IN HERE, WE'LL KIND OF BREAK AND TAKE THAT PHOTO, BUT I KNOW YOU HAVE AN, A COMMITMENT AT THE END OF THE MEETING, SO WE WILL TRY NOT TO KEEP YOU TOO LONG.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

UM, I BELIEVE WE DON'T HAVE ANY PUBLIC SPEAKERS TODAY.

UM, I DON'T THINK WE'VE DONE THIS BEFORE IN THE MEDIA, BUT IF ANYBODY IN THE AUDIENCE HERE WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS THE BOARD, UM, SPEAK, NOW, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE.

UM, SO IF NOBODY WANTS TO SPEAK MAYOR OR NO, NO, I JUST, HADN'T BEEN IN A ROOM LIKE THIS FOR NO ONE WANTED TO SPEAK JUST A LITTLE STARTLED.

WELL, I, I TOOK THAT NOTE FROM WATCHING THE COUNCIL MEETINGS WHERE IT'S LIKE, ARE WE DONE WITH SPEAKERS? IS THERE ANYBODY HERE ALSO IN THE AUDIENCE WILL WANTS TO SPEAK? SO I TOOK A NOTE FROM YOUR LEADERSHIP THERE.

UM, SO TODAY WE'RE GOING TO HAVE, I'LL START WITH THE TECHNICAL

[3.a. Engineering, Architecture & Construction Committee]

ADVISORY REPORTS, UM, AND TO NOT BE REPETITIVE BECAUSE ONE THING, IF YOU ALL TUNED IN ON WHAT HAPPENED AT THE LAST BOARD MEETING, WHERE WE HAD THE WORKSHOP WITH THE EXPERTS, UM, THE SAME PRESENTATION HAPPENED AT ALL THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES.

SO WHAT I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU IS THE HIGHLIGHTS OF WHAT HAPPENED.

THAT WAS PART OF THE DISCUSSION AFTER THE TECHNICAL TEAM, UM, PRESENTED THEIR, THEIR FINDINGS.

UM, AND THEN ME GET TO MY PART.

SO I CAN JUST GUIDE YOU ON WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT IN THE EAC MEETING, WHICH HAPPENED ON AUGUST 10TH.

UM, LET'S SEE IF GET THROUGH IT JUST A SECOND.

THE FRONT.

YEAH, YEAH, HERE IT IS.

GOT IT.

THANK YOU.

WE HAD THAT.

WE MET ON AUGUST 10TH, 2022.

WE HAD 25 FOLKS IN ATTENDANCE.

THE TECHNICAL TEAM PRESENTED THE UPDATE ON THE LIGHT RAIL PLAN.

AND, UM, ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS WAS HOW ARE WE GOING TO BRING THE PROGRAM INTO BUDGET AND SELECT THAT INITIAL INVESTMENT? SO WHAT THE COMMITTEE RECOMMENDED AS WE WALK THROUGH, ALL OF THE THINGS THAT ARE AT STAKE WAS TO MAKE SURE THAT WE CAN MAXIMIZE AT THIS POINT IN TIME,

[00:05:01]

THE FEDERAL GRANTS.

AND SO WHAT WOULD MAKE US BE THE MOST INVESTIBLE PROJECT FOR THEM, FOR FPA? UM, ALL OF THIS WAS IN CONCURRENCE TO ENSURE, AND WE COMMUNICATED THIS TO THE TEAM THAT WE'RE NOT EXPECTING TO INCREASE THE CURRENT TAX RATE.

SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? SO WITH THE VALUE ENGINEERING, IT WOULD BE DONE INTO SCOPE AND DESIGN FACING AND SEQUENCE SERVICE PLAN AND TECHNOLOGY, REVENUE AND DELIVERY METHOD AND RISK, AND THE FACILITIES TO RECEIVE TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL REVIEW AND MODIFICATION INCLUDE THE TUNNEL LENGTH WITH SCOPE AND ALIGNMENT CROSSING, SPECIALLY RELATIVE TO LADY BIRD, LAKE MAINTENANCE, HISTORYS SHARD AND FACILITY THAT DETERMINES THE STARTING OF THE PROJECT BASED ON THE MAINTENANCE FACILITIES, ANY CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENTS AND, AND WHAT WILL BE THE STRATEGY FOR REAL ESTATE AND RIGHT AWAY, THE EAC MEMBER SUGGESTED A SCALING MATRIX TO HELP RATE CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE ALIGNMENT, TO SHOW THE PROPERTIES AS A WAY TO HELP ENSURE THAT THE PROJECT REFLECTS THE COMMUNITY'S PRIORITIES.

AND THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS ALSO RECOMMENDED CLEAR DOCUMENTATIONS OF DECISIONS AS THEY'RE MADE, SO THAT THE PROJECT ISN'T DELAYED BY RETURNING TO THE SAME ISSUES MULTIPLE TIMES.

SO WE WILL HAVE A FOLLOW-UP MEETING, UM, ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND TO GIVE AN EVOLUTION OF THE PROGRAM.

AND DO I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD? NO, THANK YOU.

SO NOW MOVING ON, UM, WE WILL HAVE THE SUSTAINABILITY

[3.b. Planning, Sustainability, Equity & DBE Advisory Committee]

EQUITY AND DB ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING REPORT PRESENTED BY BOARD MEMBER FEE IN DACA.

OKAY.

THANK YOU, CHAIR.

UH, THE P SEC MEETING, UH, COMMITTEE MET ON AUGUST 16TH.

WE HAD A RELATIVELY LIGHT AGENDA FOR THAT MEETING.

WE FOCUSED ON THE LIGHT RAIL PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, AND WE WERE JOINED BY HGR VICE-PRESIDENT BRIAN BUCHANAN FOR THAT PRESENTATION.

UM, WE DISCUSSED THE CHALLENGES AROUND IMPLEMENTING THE PLAN AND PHASING OF THE PROJECT AND THE DISCUSSION REALLY FOCUSED ON COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS AND MAINTAINING THE TRANSPARENCY DURING THE PROCESS AS THE TEAM EVALUATES THE DATA AND DECISIONS ARE MADE.

THE COMMITTEE ASKED HOW THE TEAM WILL WORK TO ENSURE THAT THIS IS A STRONG REPRESENTATION OF DISADVANTAGED BUSINESSES, AND THERE WILL BE AN INTENTIONAL AND TARGETED OUTREACH.

AND THESE PLANS ARE ALREADY IN DEVELOPMENT.

UM, COURTNEY CHAVEZ OUR, UH, DIRECTOR OF EQUITY AND, UH, DISCUSS PLANS FOR FUTURE DISCUSSIONS AS THE TOPIC, UH, PROGRESSES WITH OUR COMMUNITY.

THE PEACE SEC MEMBERS ALSO WALKED THROUGH VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THE ATP WEBSITE AND FOCUSED ON IMPROVING ACCESS FOR USERS AND MAKING THAT A BETTER USER EXPERIENCE, UH, NEXT STEPS AND MORE INFORMATION THAT WAS REQUESTED THE PCIP MEMBERS WOULD LIKE TO DIVE DEEPER INTO THE ANTI-DISPLACEMENT FUNDING AND PLANNING THAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE CITY OF AUSTIN AND MEMBERS WOULD LIKE TO INVITE IN A LAND BACK TO DISCUSS UPDATES ON THE ETO D PROGRAM.

UM, MEMBERS WERE INVOLVED IN REVIEW OF THE EQUITY GOALS AND THE OUTCOMES AND DEVELOPING MEASURES OVER THE NEXT FEW MEETINGS.

ANY QUESTIONS? THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

ANY QUESTIONS FOR BOARD MEMBER FEE ON DACA? UM, NEXT

[3.c. Finance & Risk Advisory Committee]

WE HAVE THE FINANCE AND RISK COMMITTEE REPORT, WHICH WILL BE SHARED BY BOARD MEMBER ELKINS.

THANK YOU.

A CHAIR.

UM, THE FINANCE AND RISK COMMITTEE MET ON OUR AUGUST 9TH.

WE HAD NINE MEMBERS OF THE FIR IN ATTENDANCE.

IN ADDITION TO STAFF AND CONSULTANTS, WE STARTED OFF WITH A BRIEFING ON THE LIGHT RAIL DEVELOPMENT FROM, UM, HDR.

THAT WAS A GOOD BRIEFING.

UH, GREG ALSO DID AN INTRODUCTION.

I THINK MOST OF THE QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED.

UM, NO MAJOR CONCERNS.

I THINK THERE WAS A CONSENSUS FROM THE COMMITTEE THAT, UM, REPOSITIONING THE PROGRAM AND KIND OF FIGURING OUT WHAT THE RIGHT FIRST PROJECT TO START WITH AND HOW WE MAKE OUR SOURCES EQUAL USES WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

AND, UM, WE'RE GOING TO BE BRIEFING THE FAR AND FUTURE MEETINGS ON HOW WE'RE DOING ON THE LIGHT RAIL PROJECT DEVELOPMENT.

WE ALSO HAD A BRIEFING FROM DIANE SILLER AND JAMIE ATKINSON ON THE PROPOSED BUDGET, UH, WAS, HAD SOME GOOD DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE BUDGET.

UH, AND THEN LASTLY, WE HAD A BRIEFING FROM KATIE HOUSTON, OUR INTERNAL AUDITOR ON THE DRAFT, A LOT OF PLAN FOR THE COMING FISCAL YEAR.

SOME OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE COMMITTEE WERE, UM, AND DISCUSSIONS WERE INFLATIONARY PRESSURES.

WE TALKED A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THIS AND THE SIGNIFICANT RISK ON CAPITAL PROJECTS.

ONCE ENGINEERING IS COMPLETE AND FEDERAL PARTNERS HAVE COMMITTED

[00:10:01]

TO THE TOTAL COSTS.

WE HAD SOME DISCUSSIONS ABOUT ANY FUTURE ESCALATION, UH, AFTER THE FTA HAS COMMITTED, UH, AND DONE A FULL FUNDING GRANT THAT, UM, THAT ESCALATION WOULD BE A RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LOCAL MATCH.

SO UNDERSTANDING THAT RISK AND MAKING SURE THAT WE'RE COMFORTABLE IN THAT, UH, WE LOCKED DOWN AS LATE AS POSSIBLE.

SO WE TALKED ABOUT THAT.

UH, THERE WAS A RECOMMENDATION TO DISCUSS HOW PROJECTS ARE COMBINED AND SEPARATED, HOW THAT COULD BE CRITICAL TO BALANCE OVER RUNS AGAINST SAVINGS.

AND THERE WAS A DISCUSSION ABOUT REAL ESTATE COSTS SEEM TO BE STABILIZING WITH RESPECT TO RIGHT AWAY ACQUISITIONS.

SO THAT'S KIND OF MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

THERE WERE SOME DISCUSSIONS ON THE BUDGET PRESENTATION THAT I KNOW WE'RE GOING TO BE TALKING ABOUT LATER, UH, ABOUT ADDITIONAL DETAIL, UH, ON F Y 23 BUDGET.

UM, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN, UH, PERSONNEL FOR FULL-TIME STAFF VERSUS CONSULTANTS AND HOW THAT BALANCE IS, UH, DETERMINED WHAT THE RIGHT BALANCE IS.

UM, THERE WAS SOME DISCUSSIONS ABOUT, UH, SEEING ADDITIONAL DETAIL ABOUT, UH, STAFF BY ACTIVITY, UH, SUCCONDED STAFF.

UM, THIS WILL BE ADDRESSED IN FUTURE BUDGET QUESTIONS.

UM, THE FAR WOULD LIKE STAFF TO PRESENT, I BELIEVE IN OCTOBER THE F T A FUNDING PROCESS, HOW THAT'S GONNA WORK, WHAT RISKS THERE MIGHT BE, UM, HOW THAT WHOLE PROCESS LAYS OUT.

UM, SO I THINK THAT'LL BE AN OCTOBER PRESENTATION FROM NOT MISTAKEN.

ANY QUESTIONS, ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD, THANK YOU FOR THE DETAIL REPORT.

UM, SO MAYBE THIS IS A REALLY GOOD TIME.

WE WERE WANTING TO HAVE A PHOTO WITH JEFF PAVILION TO WHAT MEMBER JEFF, TO COMMEMORATE JOINING THE BOARD AND AS WELL OFFICIALLY WITH DOTTIE, I DON'T THINK WE EVER HAD AN OFFICIAL PHOTO WITH YOU, DADDY, SO LET'S DO THIS NOW.

I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME.

UM, AND THEN WE CAN CONTINUE WITH THE MEETING WELL, I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING THAT REALLY STOOD OUT TO ME WHEN YOU DID MY INTERVIEW, UH, COMMISSIONER TREVELYAN WAS YOU KNEW I WAS NERVOUS DURING THEIR INTERVIEW, AND YOU'RE LIKE, HOW ARE YOU FEELING? AND I SAID, I AM NERVOUS.

AND YOU LIKE TAKE A DEEP BREATH.

YOU ARE AMONG FRIENDS.

SO, AND NOW I WANT TO REPEAT THAT SAME MESSAGE TO YOU, YOU AMONG FRIENDS.

SO WELCOME.

THANK YOU.

UM, SO WE WILL NOW TAKE UP

[4. Executive Director Report]

ITEM FOUR AND HEAR FROM ATP SIX SOCRATIVE DIRECTOR, GREG FINALE.

GOOD AFTERNOON, EVERYONE.

THANK YOU, CHAIR.

UM, I ALSO JUST WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE COMMISSIONER TREVELYAN JOINING US AS WELL.

UM, I WAS SITTING HERE THINKING THE FIRST TIME WE PROBABLY EVER MEETING TOGETHER WAS I WOULD SAY AT LEAST 20 YEARS AGO, IF NOT MORE AT THE OLD CITY HALL, IN SOME CUBBY HOLE OF AN OFFICE OVER THERE.

AND SO TO GET TO SIT HERE WITH YOU ON THE DIOCESE, TRULY AN HONOR FROM ALL THE WORK THAT YOU'VE DONE OVER THESE LAST 20 YEARS.

SO THANK YOU FOR WILLING TO JOIN US AND, AND, UH, JUST ECHO, UH, THE CHAIR'S COMMENTS, YOUR, UM, YOUR LEADERSHIP TO GET US TO THE, UH, ELECTION AND, AND WHERE WE ARE MOVING FORWARD IS, HAS BEEN VALUED AND WILL CONTINUE TO THANK YOU

[00:15:01]

AND THANK YOU FOR OUR LONGTERM, UM, FRIENDSHIP AS WELL.

SO IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE.

YES.

SO THANK YOU.

I DID WANT TO SPEND SOME TIME JUST QUICKLY UPDATING.

WE ACTUALLY HAVE, UH, AN AGENDA TODAY AND, UH, CHAIR, I KNOW YOU MENTIONED LAST WEEK, WE HAD LAST MONTH, WE HAD THE DEEP DIVE ON THE PROJECT.

AND IF YOU RECALL, UM, WHEN WE, WHEN I STARTED THE IDEA OF, OF ASSESSING WHERE WE ARE ON THE PROJECT, ON THE LIGHT RAIL SPECIFICALLY, AND, AND OVERALL PROJECT CONNECT, AND THEN ALSO ASSESSING ATP SO THAT WE CAN BE READY AND AGILE TO KEEP MOVING ON IMPLEMENTATION.

AND SO I THINK TODAY'S BOARD MEETING IS IN ESSENCE FOCUSED A LOT ON ATP ABOUT WHO WE ARE.

WE'RE LOOKING AT THE BUDGET, WE'RE LOOKING AT THE AUDIT PLAN.

SO I THINK IT'S A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO HIGHLIGHT SOME OTHER THINGS THAT WE'VE BEEN DOING AROUND ATP, UH, YOU KNOW, THE IDEA OF CREATING AN ORGANIZATION AND WHAT THAT MEANS.

UM, SO IF YOU ALLOW ME, I JUST HAVE A FEW THINGS TO UPDATE.

I WANT TO FIRST MENTION, UM, ON THE NEXT SLIDE THAT WE HAVE HERE, UM, THE INITIAL, JUST INITIAL ASSESSMENTS OVER THESE FIRST THREE MONTHS, I'VE MADE SOME MINOR MODIFICATIONS TO THE DIRECT REPORTING STRUCTURE TO THE, TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.

AND I THINK WHAT THESE REALLY DO IS REFLECT THE NEED FOR US AS AN AGILE CORPORATION COMMUNITY CORPORATION, TO BE FLAT, TO BE MAKING SURE THAT WE ARE ALWAYS, UH, CROSSWALKING WITH EACH OTHER.

AND SO THERE'S THE HIGHLIGHT.

A FEW OF THOSE CHANGES, AS WE'VE TALKED ABOUT, WERE GOING TO BE BRINGING ON A CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER.

THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT.

WE'VE HEARD THAT FROM THE BOARD, WE'VE HEARD THAT FROM OUR STAFF TO MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE, UM, CLEARLY COMMUNICATING ALL THESE GREAT THINGS WE'RE DOING AND COLLABORATING WITH THE CITY AND CAP METRO IN THOSE EFFORTS.

UM, AS WE KNOW, WE TALKED ABOUT, I BELIEVE AT OUR JUNE MEETING, UH, DAVE COUCH WILL BE, UH, MOVING ON AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER.

AND SO WE HAVE STARTED RECRUITING FOR THAT POSITION AS A CHIEF OF ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION.

SO THOSE TWO GREEN BOXES ARE ACTIVELY OPEN, UH, RECRUITMENTS TO JOIN OUR TEAM.

WE'VE HAD AMAZING TALENT FROM ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY, JOIN US HERE, BOTH LOCALLY AND NATIONALLY.

AND SO WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING THROUGH THOSE PROCESSES HERE OVER THE NEXT, OVER THE NEXT MONTH.

AND THEN FINALLY, I WANT TO, UM, UH, RECOGNIZE ANOTHER CHANGE THAT WE'VE MADE.

ONE OF THE KEY PROCESSES THAT WE DO IS REALLY OUR PLANNING FUNCTIONS AND OUR RISK FUNCTIONS.

UM, WE'RE VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE JEN PINE JOINING US FROM, I CAN'T SAY JOINING US ANYMORE.

SHE'S BEEN HERE, SHE'S AN OLD AUSTIN KNIGHT AT THIS POINT.

UM, IF YOU'VE BEEN HERE MORE THAN A MONTH, YOU'RE AN OLD AUSTIN.

AND, UM, WHAT SHE'S BROUGHT TO THE TEAM, HER CRITICAL THINKING, HER ABILITY TO WORK ACROSS ALL OF THE DEPARTMENTS WITHIN ATP WORK WITH CAPITAL METRO WORK WITH THE CITY.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, JEN HAS REALLY BEEN LEADING THE FTA LIAISON PROCESS FOR ALL THE PROJECT CONNECT, WORKING WITH CAPRA METRO ON, ON GETTING THEM CLOSER TO FINALIZING THE SMALL START GRANT AGREEMENTS WITH MOLLY AND THE TEAM.

UM, AND ALSO ON ALL OF OUR LIGHT RAIL PROJECTS.

BUT AT THE SAME TIME, WE KNOW WE HAVE MORE PLANNING WORK TO DO, AND WE HAVE A LOT OF RISKS AROUND OUR PROJECT CONTROL.

SO, UH, I THINK IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO RECOGNIZE THAT ROLE IN ELEVATE THAT ROLE, UH, AS A DIRECT REPORT.

SO THAT'S SOMETHING WE'VE DONE AS WELL.

SO I WANNA CONGRATULATE JEN ON THAT OPPORTUNITY.

UM, THE OTHER THING I WANT TO MENTION ON THE NEXT SLIDE IS WE TALKED ABOUT THIS EARLY, THE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE'RE REPORTING ON PROJECT CONNECT, UM, WHAT WE'VE, UH, WHAT WE'VE DONE FOR THIS MEETING.

AS WE, AS WE, AS WE SAID, WE WOULD GET TO MORE OF A UNIFIED STREAMLINED APPROACH TO REPORTING OUT ON THE OVERALL PROGRAM.

THIS IS NOT A COMPREHENSIVE REPORT.

THIS IS REALLY IT'S FOR BOTH THE BOARD, AS WELL AS THE COMMUNITY.

WE CAN PUT UP ON OUR WEBSITE FROM A HIGH LEVEL, WHERE ARE WE ON THE PROGRAM? WHAT IS THE PROGRAM? AND SO IN YOUR PACKET, YOU HAVE, IN ESSENCE, WHAT I WOULD USE THE TERM OF ONE PAGER, IT SLIPS OVER TO TWO PAGES ON JUST THE STATUS OF OUR MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM.

UM, AND WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR AS YOU LOOK AT THIS IS FEEDBACK ON THIS.

WE KNOW THAT THIS IS CURRENTLY THIS SIZE, AND I WOULD ARGUE A YEAR FROM NOW, THIS WILL BE A LOT THICKER, UM, AS WE CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD ON DEVELOPING THE LIGHT RAIL PROGRAM AND THE OTHER ELEMENTS OF THE PROJECT AS WELL, INCLUDING STARTING TO EMBED METRICS INTO THAT PERFORMANCE FUNDING AND WHERE WE ARE IN THE FEDERAL PROCESSES.

SO THIS IS OUR, THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO TRANSITION FROM WHAT WAS REALLY MULTIPLE DELIVERIES OF INFORMATION AROUND THE PROGRAM TO TRYING TO STREAMLINE THAT.

SO THAT IT'S A, IT'S A USABLE, DIGESTIBLE EFFORT, UH, BUT WE KNOW IT HAS TO GROW AND IT WILL GROW.

AND WE'D LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK ON THAT.

UM, AS WE DO THAT OVER THE UPCOMING MONTHS FOR THE NEXT MONTH AND THE NEXT MONTH AS WE MOVE FORWARD, AGAIN, ANOTHER ATP FOCUSED EVENT, UM, MOVING FORWARD, CHLOE ON THE NEXT SLIDE IS, UM, YOU KNOW, WHAT IS KEY SOMETIMES TO CREATING ORGANIZATIONS, OUR POLICIES SO THAT WE'RE ROOTED IN FINANCIAL PRACTICES AND PROCUREMENT PRACTICES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PRACTICES.

UM, IT'S REALLY FOUNDATIONAL TO ANY ORGANIZATION, WHETHER YOU'RE A PRIVATE SECTOR OR PUBLIC SECTOR, HAVING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES IN PLACE REALLY HELPS SET PROCESSES AND EXPECTATION.

[00:20:02]

SO WE WANT TO RECOGNIZE THE WORK THE BOARD HAS ALREADY DONE ON THIS, THIS EFFORT.

UM, SIX, A BOARD, A BOARD IT'S ADOPTED SIX POLICIES, UH, AROUND ETHICS PROCEDURES OR DEI OR PROCUREMENT POLICIES.

ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS WE'VE DONE.

UM, AND THEN ALSO OUR RECORDS MANAGEMENT, AND MOST RECENTLY THE TITLE SIX, BUT INTERNALLY THERE'S ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES THAT HELP US CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS IN A WAY THAT IS TRANSPARENT INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY AND TRUSTFUL AS WELL.

SO IN THE NEXT SLIDE, WE HAVE BEEN BUSILY WORKING, UM, OVER THESE LAST THREE MONTHS, WORKING ON 10 ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES THAT WE HAVE NOW PUT IN PLACE.

UM, AND YOU HEAR THEY ARE LISTED HERE, AND THIS IS RUNNING REALLY AGAIN, WHO WE ARE AS AN ORGANIZATION TO MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE ALL ALIGNED INTERNALLY ABOUT OUR POLICIES FROM, TO FRAUD, WASTE, AND ABUSE, OUR TRAVEL POLICY, OUR TECHNOLOGY POLICY, HOW WE SIGN DOCUMENTS.

THESE ARE REALLY THE FOUNDATIONAL ELEMENTS OF GOOD CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.

I DO WANT TO, UM, GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO BRANDON CARR FOR WORKING ON ALL OF THESE.

UM, AND ALSO KATIE EUSTON, OUR AUDITOR A WEEK, UH, ESPECIALLY ON THE FRAUD WASTE AND ABUSES CAME FROM HER.

AND THIS SHOWS THIS COLLABORATION THAT WE HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE WITH THE AUDITOR.

SO THIS WORK WILL CONTINUE, BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT INTERNAL FOCUS.

UM, BUT WE'VE BEEN BUSILY WORKING ON THAT OVER THESE THREE MONTHS, GETTING 10 OF THESE DONE.

AND SO I THINK FINALLY, WHAT I'LL LEAVE ON THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REPORT IS THIS OPPORTUNITY AROUND THIS IDENTITY OF, OF, OF, OF WHO WE ARE AS A CORPORATION.

WE KNOW THIS COMMUNITY HAS ALREADY PASSED A VISION FOR PROJECT CONNECT, UM, FOR WHAT WE'RE DOING.

UH, I THINK THE, UH, TOPIC FOR DIALOGUE TODAY OR ONGOING IS, UM, ATP, UH, STRATEGIC PLANNING AND STRATEGIC VISION FOR THE ORGANIZATION.

AGAIN, NOT FOR THE PROJECT THAT EXISTS ALREADY.

IT'S REALLY, I BELIEVE THAT'S AS SOMETHING THAT NEW NEW ENTITIES DO.

UM, I KNOW THE COUNTY HAS DONE IT.

THE CITY HAS DONE A STRATEGIC PLAN AND CAP METRO GOES THROUGH THESE EFFORTS.

AND SO THIS ONE, I JUST WANT TO, WITHOUT FILLING IN TOO MUCH OF THIS, PUT THIS OUT THERE AS A, AS A TOPIC FOR DIALOGUE, I CAN GET YOUR FEEDBACK.

NOW WE CAN DO IT AFTER THE FACT.

AND THEN SEE IF WE WANT TO START BUILDING TO SOME, UH, SENSE OF A DISCUSSION AROUND THIS.

UM, FIRST AND FOREMOST, ABOUT VISION AND GOALS AS AN ORGANIZATION AND ULTIMATELY KPIS AND METRICS FOR THE ORGANIZATION.

WELL, IN A WELL THOUGHT OUT.

WELL, I THINK SOME OF THE DEEP STUFF IN THERE, UM, BOARD MEMBER ELKINS TALKED ABOUT IT COMING OUT OF THE FAR IS WHO WE ARE AS AN ORGANIZATION AND HOW WE'RE DELIVERING THIS PROJECT, HOW WE FIND THAT BALANCE STAFF AND CONSULTANTS.

WE THINK THAT'S A GREAT DIALOGUE THAT WE CAN, THAT WE SHOULD HAVE WITH YOU AND GET YOUR, UH, STRATEGY VISION ON THAT AS WE BUILD UP AND BECOME READY FOR IMPLEMENTATION.

THAT IS OUR GOAL IS AS WE DO THIS ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT AND WORK ON DEVELOPING THE DRAFT IMPLEMENTATION PLAN IS TO THEN BE READY.

AND SO THIS WORK CAN ALL CONFLUENCE HERE IN THE SPRING.

SO JUST WANTED TO THROW THAT OUT THERE AS MY LAST PART OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR UPDATE.

THANK YOU, MR. KENNEDY.

AND I ALSO LIKE TO, UM, BEFORE WE MOVE ON TO OTHER QUESTIONS, JUST GIVE A QUICK UPDATE SINCE THIS IS PART OF THE ORGANIZATIONAL, UM, WORK THAT IS GOING ON THAT, UM, THE COMMITTEE, A BOARD MEMBER ELKINS, AND I HAVE MET ABOUT CREATING WITH STAFF, THE SCOPE OF WORK THAT GOES OUT TO THE RECRUITING FIRMS. SO THREE FIRMS HAVE BEEN CONTACTED TO START THE SEARCH FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT.

UM, AND CURRENTLY THEY'RE CHECKING ON, UH, CAPACITY TO CONDUCT THIS SEARCH.

SO WE'RE GETTING, UM, CONFIRMATION FROM THEM.

AND SO WE EXPECT TO SEND A SOLICITATION, UH, EARLY NEXT WEEK.

SO THAT'S JUST A QUICK UPDATE FOR THE BOARD, IF, UM, ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S REPORT OR WHAT I JUST SHARED, UM, MAYOR, I MAY, I JUST MISSED IT.

WHAT DID YOU, ARE? YOU SENT OUT A SCOPE FOR WHAT THE FIRM'S GOING TO DO OR SCOPE FOR WHERE WE WANT TO POSITION NO, THIS CUP OF WAR FOR WHAT THE FIRMS WILL BE DOING IN THE SEARCH.

AND THEN FROM THEN THE BOARD WILL THEN SELECT THE FIRM.

OKAY.

SO HAVE YOU, HAVE YOU POSTED OR OTHERWISE PUBLISH WHAT THAT SCOPE IS? NO, IT WILL BE POSTED NEXT WEEK.

OKAY.

YES, IT WOULD.

YES.

UM, REMEMBER ELKINS.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

UM, GREG, APPRECIATE THE REPORT.

I THINK THIS IS REALLY HELPFUL GETTING, YOU KNOW, THE STAFFING UPDATE, UM, THIS KIND OF ONE PAGER I THINK IS GREAT.

THIS IS CERTAINLY, UM, VERY INFORMATIVE.

UM, AND I LIKE THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF POLICIES.

I KNOW THEY MAY BE MUNDANE, BUT THEY'RE CRITICAL TO ANY ORGANIZATION TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE RUNNING WELL.

JUST ONE THING.

UH, YOU DON'T NEED TO RESPOND NOW, BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO UNDERSTAND COMPLIANCE AGAINST POLICY.

SO IT'S GREAT TO HAVE POLICIES WHICH ARE GOOD, BUT WE WANT TO MAKE SURE HOW WE'RE COMPLYING AGAINST THOSE.

SO, AND THEN REPORTING BACK

[00:25:01]

TO THE BOARD WHEN NEEDED.

SO FOR INSTANCE, DB REQUIREMENTS, RIGHT? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MAJOR CONTRACTS.

WE HAVE TARGETS OF XYZ PERIODICALLY REPORT BACK TO THE BOARD ON HOW WE'RE DOING AGAINST THOSE TARGETS.

UM, I THINK THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

AND, AND IN ANY OTHER MAJOR DEVIATIONS FROM POLICIES THAT YOU THINK SHOULD PERCOLATE UP TO THE BOARD, NOT, NOT MINOR STUFF, BUT I THINK THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

UM, AND THEN OF COURSE POLICIES ARE NOT ETCHED IN STONE.

THEY ARE DYNAMIC SO REGULARLY.

WE, I WOULD IMAGINE WE'D BE UPDATING THEM AND GETTING BEST PRACTICES.

SO THAT'D BE GOOD TOO.

AND THEN I BELIEVE, UH, KATIE HAS KIND OF A WHISTLEBLOWER HOTLINE THAT WE'RE GOING TO BE HAVING TOO, SO THAT I THINK TIES WELL INTO THESE POLICIES.

SO IF SOMEBODY SEES A VIOLATION THAT THEY COULD REPORT IT ANONYMOUSLY TO THE HOTLINE.

SO I THINK THAT'S GOOD.

I THINK LASTLY, WITH RESPECT TO THE KIND OF, UM, STRATEGY TYPE THING, I'M APPLAUD THAT I THINK THAT'S SOMETHING WE SHOULD DO WHEN, WHEN WE HAVE THE RIGHT TIME TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR.

UM, I THINK I SEE US KIND OF AGREEING ON OUR MISSION, OUR VALUES, OUR VISION, I SEE US KIND OF GOING THROUGH STRENGTH, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITY, A THREAT ANALYSIS.

THAT'S A GOOD TYPE OF ANALYSIS THAT ORGANIZATIONS SHOULD BE DOING REGULARLY.

I SEE US AGREEING ON KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FOR THE FISCAL YEAR, RIGHT? THREE OR FOUR DIFFERENT OBJECTIVES THAT WE HAVE THAT ARE LONG-TAIL OBJECTIVES.

AND WE AGREE ON THOSE.

AND THEN, YOU KNOW, YOU WOULD COME BACK TO THE BOARD REGULARLY AND SAY, HOW ARE WE DOING AGAINST THOSE OBJECTIVES? AND THEY ALSO SEE US AGREEING ON KIND OF OUR BOARD DASHBOARD, OUR BOARD AGENDA, BUT WHAT TYPES OF THINGS SHOULD WE HAVE ON IT? SO I THINK THAT'LL BE A GOOD EXERCISE AND I THINK WE'RE DEFINITELY GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

SO THANKS.

GREAT.

WELL, I WAS GOING TO BE QUIET ON MEETING, BUT YOU GUYS HAVE INSPIRED ME, SO THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

UM, LOVE THE IDEA OF OUR BOARD ADOPTED POLICIES.

UM, I THINK THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME ELECTRONIC REPOSITORY FOR THOSE POSITIVES POLICIES.

SO IF ANYBODY WANTS TO SEE THEM, THEY CAN ACTUALLY SEE THEM, UH, IF THEY ARE MODIFIED WHEN THEY'RE MODIFIED AND HOW THEY'RE MODIFIED, UM, WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GOING THROUGH THE TRAINING? IS IT THE BOARD? IS IT THE STAFF? UH, HOW DO WE MAKE SURE THAT EVERYBODY WHO NEEDS TO COMPLY DOES COMPLY OVER A PERIOD OF TIME? UM, IT'S, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IF, IF WE HAD, UM, A PLACE FOR US TO, UH, TO MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE HAD ACCESS TO THEM AND COULD SEE THEM REGULARLY, THAT WOULD BE GOOD.

UM, ALSO, UM, I LIKED THE IDEA OF, OF, UM, BEING ABLE TO CROSS WALK OUR PROJECTS, MEANING, UM, PROJECT BY PROJECT, WHAT ARE OUR DELIVERABLES? AND, UH, WHAT IS, WHAT IS THE, UH, THE PERCENTAGE OF COMPLETION? WHAT STAGE ARE WE IN? UH, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY, UH, WHAT IS IN PLANNING? UH, WHAT IS, WHAT HAS, UH, WHAT IS BEING EXECUTED? UH, WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE PROJECT IS COMPLETE? UM, YOU KNOW, THOSE, THOSE TYPES OF THINGS, SINCE, SINCE WE ARE, UH, MANAGING A PROGRAM, YEAH.

PROJECT CONNECT IS A PROGRAM OF PROJECTS.

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY ALL OF THE PROJECTS THAT ARE CURRENTLY UNDERWAY AND WHERE THEY ARE IN THE PROCESS.

AND IT JUST GIVES THE, THE PUBLIC AND OPPORTUNITY, UH, TO SEE WHERE WE ARE AND HOW WE ARE, ARE MAKING PROGRESS.

FOR EXAMPLE, UM, SINCE PROJECT, UH, SINCE CAP REMAP, WE HAVE PUT TOGETHER 18 PROJECTS IN THE EASTERN CORRIDOR.

WE KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE.

WE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WAS DONE THERE.

WHAT'S COMPLETE, WHAT'S UNDER, UH, WHAT'S CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON.

THOSE ARE THE TYPES OF THINGS THAT I THINK GIVE CONFIDENCE TO THE PUBLIC, THAT, YES, WE ARE, WE ARE WORKING, WE ARE PLANNING, WE ARE EXECUTING.

AND, AND, AND I THINK, UM, YOU KNOW, THOSE ARE THE TYPES OF THINGS.

AND I THINK, UH, WILL, WILL ALLOW US TO MAINTAIN, UH, THE CONFIDENCE THAT THE PUBLIC HAS SHOWN US.

THANK YOU, MEMBER TREVELYAN.

AND IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, UM, BEFORE YOU ANSWERED THIS REPORT IS ALSO GOING TO LIVE ON THE WEBSITE, RIGHT.

AND OKAY.

UH, I THINK THE ECHO COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS, RIGHT, WHEN YOU DO THIS, W THIS IS THE OLD CIP REPORTING, RIGHT? YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT'S FOR THE BOARDS, BUT IT'S FOR THE PUBLIC.

AND IT'S, SO THAT, THERE'S A, UM, UM, ON SOME OF THE CONSISTENCY TO INFORMATION, I'M STARTING AT THE ROOT OF WHAT WE'RE DOING.

AND PART OF JEN'S ROLE IN, IN, IN ALL OF OUR PROJECT CONTROLS WORK IS TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE ALL USING THE SAME DATA AS WE REPORT OUT.

WE HAVE TO REPORT OUT TO FTA, WANT TO REPORT OUT TO THE BOARD WHEN TO REPORT OUT TO THE COMMUNITY.

SO I THINK THAT'S FANTASTIC EXACT INPUT THAT WE NEED, SO WE CAN STILL BUILD THIS OUT, UM, KNOWING THAT SOME PROJECTS ARE ALREADY UNDERWAY.

AND

[00:30:01]

I THINK CAP METRO IS LEADING ON METRO RAPIDS AND GREAT SUCCESS THAT THE GROUNDBREAKING, UM, AND WE START WEAVING THOSE TRUE METRICS INTO THAT.

AND I THINK THAT IS, UM, THAT IS WHERE WE WANT TO GET TO AND GET TO VERY SOON.

AND MY UNDERSTANDING ALSO IS THAT WE CURRENTLY, IN OUR WEBSITE, WE DO HAVE A LINK TO ALL OF THE POLICIES LIKE THE JPA AND ALL OF THE ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTS ARE LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE, THESE POLICIES THAT WILL ALSO LIVE IN THAT SAME PLACE, OR WOULD THAT BE LOCATED SOMEWHERE ELSE? YEAH, I WOULD SAY THE EXTERNAL POLICIES AND THEN THE INTERNAL POLICIES WILL BE MORE ON AN INTERNAL SHARED DRIVE, BUT I DO WANT TO ECHO ALL THE COMMENTS ABOUT THAT COMPLIANCE.

AND THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT WE'RE DOING.

WE HAVE TO BUILD THAT CAPACITY AROUND TRAINING AND COMPLIANCE, UM, AS WE'RE DOING ALL THESE OTHER THINGS, BUT IT IS, IT IS, UM, WE KNOW THAT THAT'S ROOTED HAVING THE POLICY IS GREAT IF YOU'RE NOT COMPLYING WITH IT OR TRAINING ON IT, IT'S, IT'S SITTING THERE.

AND SO WE WANT TO DO THAT AS WELL.

AND WE'RE ALSO BE LOOKING AT, IN TERMS OF THE EXTERNAL FACING WEBSITE, UH, IS MAKING SURE THAT IS ADDRESSING, UM, UH, WE HAVE A LOT OF STUFF OUT THERE.

I THINK WE'RE GOING TO POINT WE'RE THROWING A LOT OF STUFF THAT, THAT WE'RE GOING TO BE ADDRESSING WHAT THAT WEBSITE NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE.

SO FROM A USABILITY PERSPECTIVE FROM, UM, OUR, OUR CITIZENS CAN LOOK AT THAT.

SO WE'LL BE ADDRESSING THAT HERE IN THE UPCOMING MONTHS AS WELL.

OKAY, GREAT.

THANK YOU.

DO WE HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS OR DISCUSSION FROM THE BOARD? NO, THANK YOU.

[6.a. Status of Work on Updated Light Rail Implementation Plan]

SO WITHOUT OBJECTION, I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND THAT THIS BOARD PICK UP ACTION.

I MEAN, ITEM NUMBER SIX, A IN OUR AGENDA, WHICH IS THE STATUS OF THE WORK ON THE UPDATE LIGHT RAIL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN.

AND IF YOU RECALL THIS ITEM BUILDS ON THE STAFF DIALOGUE THAT THIS BOARD LED ON JULY 20TH IN REPRESENTING THIS ITEM, WE HAVE BRIAN BUCHANAN, VICE-PRESIDENT WITH HDR, JENNIFER PINE ATP, LEAD OF PROJECT CONTROLS AND RISK MANAGEMENT AND PETER MULLEN ATP LEAD OF ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN DESIGN.

SO WELCOME TEAM.

GOOD AFTERNOON.

MA'AM CHAIR MEMBERS OF THE BOARD.

UM, THREE OF US WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A QUICK LITTLE UPDATE ON WHERE WE ARE, UM, AFTER OUR MEETING BACK ON JULY 20TH.

UM, NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO WHAT DID WE HEAR FROM THAT CONVERSATION? UM, I THINK WE HEARD THAT, YOU KNOW, WE NEED TO DO THE WORK NOW TO DEVELOP IN OUR PROJECT AND GET IT DEFINED.

SO SPEND THE TIME NOW TO DO, TO DO THAT WORK, BUT BE RIGOROUS ABOUT IT, YOU KNOW, MOVE FORWARD THROUGH THE PROCESS, UM, BE THOROUGH AND IT, BUT DON'T BE SLOW ABOUT IT AND MOVE FORWARD.

SO, UM, WORK OUR WAY THROUGH THAT PROCESS AND THEN CONTINUE TO BE INCLUSIVE AND TRANSPARENT IN THE PROCESSING, CONTINUE TO DO THE OUTREACH.

SO I HOPE YOU'LL SEE THAT SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WE HAVE DONE SINCE THEN, UM, ALL TRANSPIRE AROUND SOME OF THESE THINGS THAT WE HEARD THERE ON THE 20TH.

SO NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO, UM, I'LL JUST, UH, BRING EVERYBODY BACK TO THE GREAT CONVERSATION ABOUT THE BEEHIVE AND ALL THE BUSY BEES THAT HAVE BEEN WORKING AROUND HERE.

UM, SO ONE OF THE ASPECTS OF, OF THE, OF THE WORK IS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND YOU, UH, BRIEFED OUT ON SEVERAL OF THE COMMITTEES THAT WE MET WITH, UM, OVER THE LAST, UM, 30 DAYS OR SO.

UM, BUT WE'VE ALSO BEEN TO SEVERAL OTHERS, UM, A JOINT OPERATIONS PLANNING MEETING AT CAPITAL METRO, THE MOBILITY COMMITTEE.

UM, THERE ARE SEVERAL MORE THAT ARE SCHEDULED THROUGHOUT THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER, AS WE CONTINUE TO GO OUT AND BE TRANSPARENT AND TALK ABOUT OUR STORY ON HOW WE'RE GOING TO MOVE THE PROGRAM FORWARD.

AND SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WE'VE HEARD, UM, ON TOP OF WHAT WAS BRIEFED OUT, UM, IS THAT THERE'S, THERE'S AN UNDERSTANDING OUT IN THE COMMUNITY ABOUT WHERE WE ARE THE RECOGNITION THAT THERE'S NEEDED WORK, THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

AND WE NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO DO THAT.

UM, THERE'S A NEED TO BALANCE THE IMPROVEMENTS ON BOTH THE EXISTING WRITERS AND CUSTOMER BASE, BUT ALSO ATTRACT NEW CUSTOMERS, UM, TO THE, TO THE SYSTEM.

UM, THERE'S OBVIOUSLY OPTIONS THAT NEED TO BE LOOKED AT AS FAR AS, YOU KNOW, BOTH HOW IT FITS IN THE STREET, HOW IT RUNS, UM, AS A SYSTEM, BUT, UH, LET'S LOOK AT THAT STUFF.

AND, UH, LET'S, UH, MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE ONCE AGAIN, BEING THOROUGH IN OUR CONVERSATION, UM, ACCESS TO TRANSIT IS, IS IMPORTANT.

UM, SO DON'T JUST GO OUT AND BUILD A, A GREAT LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM DOWN THE MIDDLE OF STREET, AND DON'T COMPLETE SIDEWALKS AND SOME OF THAT TYPE OF ASPECT.

SO WORKING OUR WAY THROUGH THAT GET STARTED, LET'S GO, EVERYBODY'S READY.

I THINK WE'RE ALL READY.

UM, IT'S ABOUT TIME, YOU KNOW, THOSE TYPES OF CONVERSATIONS, UM, THAT, THAT WE HAD.

UM, AND I THINK THAT ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS THAT I HEARD, UM, JUST OUT THERE AND HAVING THIS CONVERSATION AND MY COLLEAGUES CAN CHIME IN HERE.

UM, BUT EVERYBODY IS READY TO ENGAGE IN, READY TO ASSIST.

AND, UH, I THINK THAT'S A, THAT'S A GREAT PLACE TO BE, UM, THAT WE HAVE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO HELP PROBLEM SOLVE AND, AND MOVE THROUGH THE PROCESS.

SO ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO ADD, PETER? YEAH, I JUST HAD, I THINK THAT, UM,

[00:35:01]

WHAT'S, WHAT'S BEEN GREAT EVEN IN THIS SHORT PERIOD OF TIME WHERE WE'VE STARTED REACHING OUT TO STAKEHOLDERS AND OBVIOUSLY THIS IS THE WORK AND IT'S GOING TO CONTINUE CONTINUOUSLY FROM NOW UNTIL, YOU KNOW, WE GET THROUGH THIS PROCESS.

IT'S NOT ONE AND DONE, UM, IS THAT THERE REALLY IS A DIVERSITY OF, OF OPINIONS, PERSPECTIVES, INTERESTS, AND ALL OF WHICH HAVE A LOT OF VALUE.

AND SO PART OF OUR JOB IS TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE INTEGRATING ALL OF THAT INTO A KIND OF HOLISTIC APPROACH.

AND I THINK THAT'S BEEN THE WAY WE WANT IT TO WORK ALL ALONG.

AND THAT'S BEEN VALIDATED BY THIS INITIAL OUTREACH, AND I THINK WE'LL CONTINUE TO INFORM OUR WORK GOING FORWARD.

SO IT'S BEEN REALLY HELPFUL.

THANKS PETER.

NEXT SLIDE PLEASE.

SO ON THE TECHNICAL REVIEW, UM, WE HAVE STARTED A SERIES OF PROJECT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS THIS WEEK.

UM, IF YOU COULD CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IMAGINE THIS ROOM FULL OF ATP STAFF, THAT IS WHAT HAS OCCURRED OVER THE LAST TWO DAYS.

WE'VE HAD THE WHOLE GROUP IN HERE, UM, TALKING ABOUT HOW WE, UM, MOVE, UH, THE PROGRAM FORWARD.

WHAT ARE SOME IDEAS FOR IMPLEMENTATION? WE'RE GOING TO HOLD THOSE SAME SERIES OF MEETINGS WITH THE OTHER TWO PARTNERS ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY, AND THEN BRING EVERYBODY BACK TOGETHER FOR REPORT OUT.

SURE.

LOGISTICS ON THE WAY WE NEEDED TO HANDLE THIS.

WE JUST DIDN'T HAVE A ROOM BIG ENOUGH TO BRING EVERYBODY TOGETHER.

UM, BUT, UH, WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT WE BRING EVERYBODY TOGETHER TO TALK ABOUT, UM, THE WORK AND THE EFFORT AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

SO THIS IS AN EFFORT TO, UH, COLLECT DATA.

WHAT DO WE HAVE, WHAT DO WE STUDIED BEFORE AND LOOK AT PAST WORK FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

UM, WE ARE, UM, KIND OF HONING IN ON A, ON A WAY TO KIND OF START TO TALK ABOUT THIS AND MOVE THIS FORWARD.

UM, KIND OF AROUND SOME HIGH-LEVEL GROUPINGS OF LOOKING AT AN AT GRADE OPTION, LOOKING AT A SIMPLIFIED UNDERGROUND, UM, SCENARIO, AND THEN, UM, ELEVATED, UM, CONSIDERATIONS AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

SO UNDERNEATH EACH ONE OF THOSE THEN IS OBVIOUSLY A WHOLE SET OF DIFFERENT, MORE COMPONENTS.

UM, THAT COULD BE IN EACH ONE AND ONLY ONE OF THEM.

UM, AS WE MOVE FORWARD IN EACH ONE OF THOSE WILL BE STUDIED.

FOR EXAMPLE, THE COMBINED MAINTENANCE FACILITY, THE LOCATION, THE SIZE, AND ALL THAT.

WHAT ARE THE VEHICLES IN THE SYSTEMS LOOK LIKE? HOW DOES THE ONE CROSSING OF THE RIVER PLAY INTO ANY OF THOSE? SO THAT'S, THAT'S THE WAY WE'RE GOING TO START THE CONVERSATION AND WORK OUR WAY THROUGH.

AND LIKE I SAID, I'VE BEEN WORKING REAL CLOSELY WITH STAFF OVER THE LAST WEEK.

I'M REALLY TRYING TO HONE IN ON, ON SOME OF THESE THINGS MOVING FORWARD.

ANYTHING YOU GUYS LOOKED AT ON THAT? NO, I MEAN, I THINK EVERYBODY'S EXCITED TO, TO DIG IN ON FINDING HOW, YOU KNOW, WHAT THOSE WERE, WHERE WE WANT TO GET TO, BUT ALSO RECOGNIZING THAT IT IS A PROCESS, RIGHT.

PARTICULARLY BECAUSE OF THE COMPLEXITY OF ALL OF THE ELEMENTS.

ONCE YOU LOOK AT ONE ELEMENT, IT HAS EFFECT ON EVERY OTHER ELEMENT.

AND SO, YOU KNOW, WE, WE HAVE TO BOTH WORK EXPEDITIOUSLY, BUT I THINK, UM, WE ALSO NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE STUDYING THIS THOROUGHLY AND THAT WE UNDERSTAND ALL THE IMPACTS OF ANY POTENTIAL CHANGES TO THE PROGRAM FROM WHERE WE ARE.

SO, UM, WE'RE GOING TO DO THAT METHODICALLY AND THOROUGHLY.

JEN, I KNOW IT'S ALWAYS HARD TO FOLLOW PETER, BUT DO YOU LIKE, I LOOK AT IT AGAIN.

I MEAN, I, YOU KNOW, I JUST WANT TO NOTE PERHAPS THAT, YOU KNOW, WE'RE DOING A LOT OF TECHNICAL WORK, BUT YOU KNOW, OUR INTENTION IS THROUGHOUT THIS, YOU KNOW, SERIES OF ACTIVITIES THAT WE'RE LOOKING AT THESE DECISIONS WITH A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT LENSES, WHETHER IT'S EQUITY, SUSTAINABILITY, UH, AND CERTAINLY, YOU KNOW, WE'RE LOOKING FOR FTA TO BE OUR INVESTOR AND ANY PROJECT OR PROJECTS, YOU KNOW, THAT WE DEFINE NEED TO BE COMPETITIVE FOR FEDERAL FUNDS.

SO WE HAVE ALL THOSE THINGS IN MIND AS WELL.

SO NEXT SLIDE.

SO STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS, UM, THERE HAS BEEN COORDINATION MEETINGS WITH THE FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION.

UM, WE MENTIONED, UH, THE GREAT PROJECTS ARE ALREADY STARTED UNDERNEATH THE PROGRAM, UM, PLEASANT VALLEY, UH, AND THE EXPO LINE FOR THE SMALL STARTS GRANT AGREEMENT.

SO WE'RE IN CONVERSATIONS WITH THEM ABOUT TRYING TO FINALIZE THAT, UM, WE MAY HAVE PROVIDED THEM UPDATES ON THE LIGHT RAIL PROJECT DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES GOING ON AND IN CONCERT WITH US ON THAT.

AND WE'RE CONTINUING OUR COORDINATION ON, ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENT AS, AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

UM, FOR THE LIGHT RAIL PROJECTS, UM, SOMEWHAT OF A, A MILESTONE IS A PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT CONSULTANT HAS BEEN ASSIGNED, UM, TO THIS, TO THE PROGRAM AND THEY WILL HAVE THEIR FIRST KICKOFF MEETING HERE ON SEPTEMBER 13TH AND 14TH.

AND THAT AGENDA INCLUDES EVERYBODY, UH, GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER, GETTING TO KNOW THE PROJECT AND GOING OUT FOR SOME PROJECT DOORS.

UM, ANY OTHER CONVERSATIONS WITH THEM? I WOULD SAY, I MEAN, WE ARE REGULARLY COORDINATING WITH MTA, BOTH HEADQUARTERS AND THE MORE LOCAL REGION SIX, AND YOU REALLY JUST WANT TO KEEP THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN.

SO THAT'S FTA AND ATP AND CAP METRO TOGETHER.

UM, WE WANT FDA TO BE AWARE OF WHAT WE'RE DOING, WHY WE'RE DOING IT.

UM, WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS IN A TIMELY MANNER AND, YOU KNOW, AS WE GET THROUGH PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND OUR PROJECTS ARE BETTER DEFINED, WE WANT TO BE IN A POSITION TO, YOU KNOW, REALLY TIMELY COORDINATE AND STRATEGIZE WITH FDA ABOUT THE BEST WAY TO CONCLUDE OUR

[00:40:01]

NEPA COMPLIANCE AND WORK THROUGH THE NEW STARTS PROCESS.

AND SO WE THINK JUST THAT KIND OF REGULAR, UH, AN ONGOING COMMUNICATION IS THE WAY TO DO THAT.

THEIR FINAL SLIDE, JUST A REMINDER OF KIND OF THE SCHEDULE THAT WE'RE, WE'RE WORKING TO HEAR A LITTLE BIT, UM, CONTINUE, UM, TELLING STORY GOING OUT AND MEETING WITH THE COMMUNITY, GETTING FEEDBACK, UM, THROUGH JULY AND AUGUST AND CONTINUED INTO EARLY SEPTEMBER AS PART OF THAT, UH, WE'VE ALREADY KICKED OFF SOME OF THE WORK PLANNING AND THE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY CHECK-INS AND ADVANCING PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, UM, WITH SOME OF THE WORKSHOPS WE THAT HAVE OCCURRED THIS WEEK AND WILL OCCUR THIS WEEK AND THEN AIMING FOR THIS SPRING TO BRING IN UPDATED LIGHT RAIL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN, UM, TO THE POLICY MAKERS FOR CONSIDERATION.

SO WITH THAT, WE'D BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU TEAM.

ANY QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD MEMBER ELKINS? I'M SURE YOU COULD HAVE TAKEN A BET THAT I WOULD HAVE ASKED A QUESTION, BUT I HAD A COUPLE ACTUALLY.

THANKS.

UH, BRIAN, UH, PETER AND, UM, JEN, JUST A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.

UM, I, THERE'S A LOT OF DISCUSSION ON COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND STAKEHOLDER INVOLVEMENT, WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL, BUT I DIDN'T HEAR MUCH DISCUSSION ABOUT MARKET SOUNDING AND INPUT FROM THE PRIVATE SECTOR, WHICH I PERSONALLY, BEING A PRIVATE SECTOR GUY, I BELIEVE IS CRITICAL.

I'VE SEEN IN PERSONAL PROJECTS WHEN YOU HAVE A FUNDING GAP SOURCES EQUAL USES, AND WE HAVE ONE HERE REACHING OUT TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR FOR THEIR INPUT IS VERY HELPFUL BECAUSE THE PRIVATE SECTOR WANTS A PROJECT TO BID ON, RIGHT? IT'S IN THEIR INTEREST TO HELP SOLVE IT SOURCES VERSUS USES GAP MACRO SPECTRUM.

SO I THINK THAT'S SOMETHING THAT I THINK REALLY SHOULD BE IN THIS.

I DID SEE A MARKET SOUNDING BOX IN YOUR BEEHIVE HERE, BUT I JUST, HOW ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING THAT? AND IN TYING IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR, UH, WOULD BE HELPFUL TO UNDERSTAND, I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO ASK THAT QUESTION.

UM, WE ACTUALLY HAD A MEETING RIGHT BEFORE THIS BOARD MEETING, WHERE WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE PLAN TO DEVELOP ON HOW WE DO MARKET SOUNDLY WITH THE PRIVATE SECTOR AND ALL THAT.

SO WE ARE DEVELOPING A PLAN ASSOCIATED WITH, UH, I WOULD RECOMMEND IF I COULD NOT A RFI WRITTEN, I WOULD RECOMMEND ONE-ON-ONE FACE-TO-FACE CONFIDENTIAL MARKET SOUNDING.

SO I THINK THAT IS VERY WISE ADVICE TO UNDERSTAND.

UM, THE OTHER THING IS WHERE ARE YOU GETTING INPUT WHEN YOU'RE DOING VALUE ENGINEERING? IT'S A COMBINATION ITERATION OF DESIGN AND ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION PRICING AND SCHEDULING.

HOW ARE YOU GETTING THE CONSTRUCTION PRICING AND THE SCHEDULING INTO YOUR ANALYSIS? SINCE WE DON'T HAVE A CONTRACTOR AND WE DON'T HAVE A PMC I'M ONBOARD, WHERE'S THAT DATA COMING IN? SO WE HAVE CON COST ESTIMATE IN OUR CONTRACT.

EOI IS ALSO PROVIDING SOME INDEPENDENT COST ESTIMATING.

AND I WILL TELL YOU THAT MOST OF THE COST ESTIMATORS, WE EMPLOY ALONG WITH THE Y OR X CONTRACTORS.

SO THEY'RE ACTUALLY USING, YOU KNOW, MEANS AND HEAVY BID AND STUFF LIKE THAT TO ACTUAL DO, TAKE DOWN TYPE COMP, UM, ESTIMATING FOR THE PROGRAM CREW IN IT AND PUTTING MATERIALS AND PUTTING LABOR ASSOCIATED WITH IT, VERY DETAILED COST ESTIMATE KIND OF REAL TIME, REAL TIME BASED.

IT'S BASED ON TODAY'S ASK WHAT THEY'RE SEEING IN TODAY'S MARKETS USE A BID TABS THAT ARE CURRENT, WHETHER IT BE TEXT.CITY, AUSTIN, ANY GLOBAL FROM ANY OTHER TRANSIT AGENCIES, BUT THEY CORRECTED FOR WHATEVER THE AUSTIN FACTOR IS AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

OKAY, GREAT.

UM, AND NEXT, THE LAST QUESTION, UM, DIFFERENT DELIVERY MODELS ARE COMING IN TO, SHALL WE SAY, FLAVORED DESSERT RIGHT NOW? SO THE CURRENT TREND IS TOWARDS PROGRESSIVE COLLABORATIVE, EARLY INVOLVEMENT OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR, AS OPPOSED TO TRADITIONAL 30% HARD BIDS.

HOW IS THE TREND OF DELIVERY MODELS SHAPING THIS ANALYSIS THAT YOU'RE DOING? SO THEY HAVE TO BE BUILT INTO IT.

AND WE ARE WORKING ONCE AGAIN THROUGH THAT PROCESS AT ANOTHER CONVERSATION ABOUT SETTING UP A CONTRACTING PLAN AND STARTING TO LOOK AT ALL THE PLUSES AND MINUSES AND CONSIDERATIONS FOR ALL THE DIFFERENT DELIVERY MODELS.

SO IT IS PART OF THE BEEHIVE PART OF THE WORK PLAN AND PART OF THE WORK YET TO COME IF YOU GO BACK TO THE PERSON.

YEAH.

SO I THINK THERE'S A, THERE IS A BI THERE'S SOME IN FINANCIAL ANALYSIS, PART OF THAT, THAT HONEYCOMB INCLUDES PROJECT.

RIGHT.

UM, AND HONESTLY, THAT'S ONE OF THE INPUTS THAT IS GONNA HAVE AN IMPACT ON, ON HOW FOR SURE.

OKAY.

AND MY LAST QUESTION, MORE TOWARDS GEN GENESSEE, YOUR TITLE IS CHIEF OF PLANNING AND RISK MANAGEMENT.

SO I'M GOING TO ASK YOU ABOUT THE SECOND PART OF YOUR TITLE.

YOU KNEW THAT WAS COMING.

I WOULD LIKE PRETTY, IT'S A PRETTY FRESH TITLE, SO, BUT, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN FUTURE MEETINGS, A DISCUSSION OF RISK AS WE GO THROUGH THIS, UM, LIGHT RAIL UPDATE, WHAT ARE THE RISKS THAT THE TEAM AND THE CONSULTANTS ARE SEEING? I SEE US AS A BOARD, YOU KNOW, WE'RE FOCUSED ON A LOT OF THINGS, RIGHT.

BUT PART OF WHAT

[00:45:01]

I SEE, AND I'VE MENTIONED THIS TO GREG AND WE CHATTED WITH THE MAYOR ON OUR BOARD BRIEFING IS WE WANT TO BE A BOARD WHERE WE'RE BRIEFED ON EARLY RISKS SO THAT WE CAN PROVIDE GUIDANCE AS OPPOSED TO WHEN WE HAVE A RISK AND IT'S ALL NAILED DOWN AND IT'S GOT A BOW ON IT, AND THAT IS PRESENTED RIGHT.

THAT I SEE THAT WE'RE PROVIDING THAT DIRECTION.

SO AS YOU'RE SEEING RISKS, AS YOU'VE SEEN CONCERNS, AS YOU DO THIS LIGHT WHEEL UPDATE TO COME BACK TO THE BOARD WITH THEM ON A REGULAR BASIS, I THINK WOULD BE A HELPFUL PROCESS.

OKAY.

YOU KNOW, AND CERTAINLY WHY WE WANT TO BE IN A POSITION WHERE WE'RE SEEING RISKS AND MANAGING THEM HONESTLY, TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY.

UM, AND WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF SETTING UP OUR CONTROLS AND HOW WE WILL BE MANAGING RISK, UM, THROUGHOUT THE LIFE OF THE CONTRACTS AND THE PROJECT, BUT MAJOR RISK, OBVIOUSLY BOARD, YOU KNOW, REGULAR DAY-TO-DAY, BUT CERTAIN THINGS THAT PERCOLATE UP THERE ARE VERY LARGE AND HEAVY RISKS.

I THINK THOSE ARE THE THINGS WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR US TO WEIGH IN ON.

YES.

THANK YOU.

OKAY.

THANK YOU, MEMBER ELKINS, AND THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK AND ANSWERS.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, FURTHER QUESTIONS FROM ANYONE ELSE? I DO HAVE ONE THING TO ASK ABOUT, UM, REGARDING THE, UH, THERE WAS A TASK ALSO THAT ENY IS GIVING US AN INDEPENDENT COST ANALYSIS.

AND WHERE ARE WE IN THAT PROCESS WITH IAN? WHY? UM, YES.

UM, THEY ARE PREPARING AN INDEPENDENT COST ESTIMATE, UM, ASSOCIATED WITH OUR 30% PLANS THAT WERE IN DEVELOPMENT FOR SOME TIME.

UM, WE'VE, YOU KNOW, AT THIS POINT WE REALLY HAVE PIVOTED TO LOOK AT THE WORK PLAN, BUT I'LL SAY AS FAR AS THE STATUS OF THAT, UM, WE'RE STILL REVIEWING AND PROVIDING SOME COMMENTS AND INPUT, UH, ON THOSE MATERIALS.

SO, AND I KNOW THAT ONE OF THE THINGS THAT HAS BEEN REALLY IMPACTFUL BECAUSE OF WHAT THE WORLD HAS SEEN THROUGH THE PANDEMIC AND THE EFFECTS OF IT, HOW MUCH OF THAT, AND IF I HEARD YOUR ANSWER CORRECTLY, MR. BUCHANAN IS THAT THE CURRENT COST ADDRESS, THE CURRENT MARKET, RIGHT? THE CURRENT CONDITIONS.

AND AS AN OPTIMIST, I BELIEVE THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO COME TO SETTLE DOWN AND WE'LL FIND A NEW, A NEW STABILITY.

SO I KNOW WITH THE COST, AS SOON AS I HAVE COME UP, THAT THERE ARE SOCIAL AND ESCALATION BUILT IN BASED ON THE YEARS THAT THIS WORK IS PLANNING ON BEING DELIVERED.

BUT I HOPE THAT NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE INFLATION, LABOR, SHORTAGES CHAIN OF SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES THAT WE'RE SEEING ARE THERE FOR THE LIFE OF THIS PROGRAM.

SO CAN YOU SHARE SOME IDEA WITH US OF WHAT WERE THE, A GOOD BALANCE OF UNDERSTANDING WHERE WHAT WE CAN EXPECT WITH THE COST? I DON'T, I DON'T WANT TO PROMISE IF WE'RE GOING TO GO THROUGH A VALUE ENGINEERING EFFORT.

I DON'T WANT TO TELL THE COMMUNITY SET.

I WANT TO SET US SAFE EXPECTATIONS.

SURE.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT IS.

SO I WOULD, I WOULD PUT IT THIS WAY.

UM, OUR CRYSTAL BALL IS AS GOOD AS YOUR CRYSTAL BALL.

UM, BUT THEY HAVE BUILT IN TO THE MODEL ESCALATION FACTORS, UM, SOMEWHAT BASED ON TODAY, BUT TEMPERED A LITTLE BIT TOWARDS THE END.

UM, HOPEFULLY WITH A LEVELING OFF OF SUPPLY CHAIN AND SOME OF THESE ISSUES WE HAVE BOARD.

UM, SO WE ARE NOT CARING, HONESTLY, WHAT THE, WHAT THE ESCALATION WE ARE SEEING THROUGH LIKE ENR AND MEAN SEVEN, EIGHT, 9%.

WE ARE NOT CARRYING THAT OUT TO THE MID POINT OF CONSTRUCTION.

WE HAVE TRIED TO TEMPER THAT BACK BASED ON A LOT OF CONVERSATION, A LOT OF STUFF JEN TALKED ABOUT, WE'RE STILL WORKING THROUGH WITH THE UI ON WHAT THOSE TYPES OF MODELS SHOULD LOOK LIKE, UM, AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

UM, SO WE ARE NOT, WE ARE NOT PROJECTING THE, UH, WHAT WE'RE SEEING TODAY, ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WHOLE ENTIRE PROGRAM.

SO PUT IT THAT WAY.

THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR.

THANK YOU.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? SO YOU, YOU KNOW, MADE ME A LITTLE NERVOUS THEN, UM, YOU KNOW, MY THOUGHT IS, UH, YOU KNOW, IT'S IMPORTANT FOR ME TO HAVE A TECHNICAL UNDERSTANDING.

THE TECHNICAL REVIEW IS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT.

I'M GOING TO WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE NECESSARY, UH, THE CRITICAL PATH, IF YOU WILL.

UH, MY EXPECTATION SINCE I'VE BEEN IN GOVERNMENT FOR 30 YEARS IS, YOU KNOW, WE, WE VOTE ON A PROJECT THREE YEARS BEFORE THE SHOVEL HITS THE GROUND.

SO MY EXPECTATION WILL BE THAT THERE ARE SOME PRICE DIFFERENTIALS.

MY EXPECTATION IS THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE TECHNICALLY SOUND, UH, THAT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GRIP ON THAT WE WILL, THAT WE WILL PRODUCE THE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE REQUESTED.

AND WE EXPLAIN HOW WE GET THERE.

UH, YEAH, I THINK ANYBODY WHO EXPECTS THAT WE'RE GOING

[00:50:01]

TO DO AN ESTIMATE TODAY AND WE'RE GOING TO HIT THAT NUMBER THREE YEARS FROM NOW.

I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN.

I'VE NEVER, EVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN IN 40 YEARS GOVERNMENT, BUT, BUT WE CAN HAVE A SOUND TECHNICAL PLAN AND WE CAN UNDERSTAND OUR PROCESSES AND INFORM OUR COMMUNITY OF WHAT WE SEE FROM DAY TO DAY.

BECAUSE JUST LIKE WE SAW PRICES ESCALATE WITH ESCALATE.

WE HAVE ALSO SEEN THEM COME DOWN TO A CERTAIN EXTENT, BUT WHAT HAS TO BE SOLID IS OUR TECHNICAL PLAN AND, AND, AND HOW WE, AND HOW WE GET TO ULTIMATELY WHERE THE PUBLIC EXPECTS US TO GO.

SO IT IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE TECHNICAL PLANNING IS AN ORDER AND THAT WE'RE TAKING CARE OF ALL THE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE EXPECTED.

AND THEN THAT WE ARE INFORMING THE COMMUNITY AS PRICES FLUCTUATE, OR AS THEY GO UP, OR THEY GO DOWN THAT THE TECHNICAL PATH, UNDERSTANDING THE CRITICAL PATH, MAKING THE DECISIONS ABOUT WHETHER IT'S GOING TO BE ONE MILE OF FOUR MILES OF THE TUNNEL IS WHAT'S REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME.

I WANT TO, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I'M BUYING AND I WANNA KNOW WHAT IT'S GOING TO TAKE TO EXECUTE THAT.

AND, AND WE WILL, AND WE WILL DEAL WITH CONSTANTLY OTHER ISSUES AS, AS WE GET TO A PLACE WHERE WE ARE CONSTRUCTING.

SO JUST BED AND 50 CENTS WILL GET YOU A TERRIBLE CUP OF COFFEE.

THANK YOU.

YEAH.

I JUST HAD ONE QUESTION JUST PIGGYBACKING ON WHAT COMMISSIONER TREVELYAN SAID.

SO ON THE SCHEDULE ON PAGE 11, YOU KNOW, TH THIS ENDS AT A SPRING 23 UPDATED LIGHT RAIL INTO AN IMPLEMENTATION PLAN.

WHAT I'D LIKE TO UNDERSTAND IS WILL YOU BE COMING TO THE BOARD PERIODICALLY WITH PRESENTATIONS OF WHAT ANALYSES YOU'VE DONE? SO FOR INSTANCE, IF WE TAKE A LOOK AT, AT GRADE VERSUS TUNNEL, WE'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT NINE MONTHS TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT.

WILL WE BE GETTING PROGRESS REPORTS ON DIFFERENT TRADE-OFFS? YEAH, I THINK THE EXPECTATION IS THAT STAFF WILL BE IN FRONT OF YOU ALMOST EVERY MONTH WITH A CADENCE OF CONVERSATIONS BUILDING UP TO THAT, BUT YOU DO IT EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID, WHAT HAVE WE DONE TODAY? SHOW IT, WHAT ARE WE DONE TODAY? TALK ABOUT IT IN THOSE THINGS.

NOT, NOT JUST WAIT UNTIL THE END.

YEAH.

CAUSE WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IS IF WE'VE DONE AT GRAY VERSUS TUNNEL OF SAFE OR ELIMINATING UNDERGROUND STATIONS VERSUS WHATEVER THE ANALYSIS MIGHT BE, THAT WE WOULD HAVE A DISCUSSION OF TRADE OFF PROS AND CONS.

IF WE DO THIS, HERE'S THE COST ANALYSIS WAS A SCHEDULE IMPACT.

HERE ARE THE, UH, QUALITATIVE PROS AND CONS THOSE THAT TYPE OF EXACTLY.

GOTCHA.

THANK YOU.

UH, I WOULD JUST ECHO THAT.

YEAH.

W THE, WE WILL BE HERE EVERY MONTH.

WE ARE EVERY MONTH UPDATING AND ADDING, UH, WHAT WE WOULD WANT IT TO BE VERY INTENTIONAL ABOUT.

LIKE WE TALKED ABOUT ON THE 20TH AND HERE TODAY IS DEVELOPING THE WORK PLAN NEEDS TO BE WELL THOUGHT OUT TILL WE CAN GO EXECUTE IT WELL AND KEEP THE TIME MOVING.

AND THAT REQUIRES US COMING BACK HERE AND HAVING THESE DISCUSSIONS AND STARTING TO LAYER IN ALL OF THE RISK FACTORS THAT WE HAVE THE CHOICES AND DECISIONS, AND SO THAT WE CAN BRING EVERYONE BECAUSE THE COMMUNITY IS WATCHING THIS AS WELL.

AND THEN WE GO OUT AND HAVE THE SAME CONVERSATION.

SO WE'LL BE EVERY MONTH, UH, HAVING THIS.

AND I IMAGINE WE MIGHT HAVE TO ADD SOME TABLES AND BRING SOME PEOPLE AND HAVE A LITTLE BIT MORE OF A, LIKE WE DID LAST MONTH FOR CERTAIN CERTAIN TOPICS, WHETHER IT'S DELIVERY OR SOME OF THE CHOICES AROUND TECHNICAL.

UM, THIS IS THE WORK OF US.

AND SO WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO CONTINUING THE DIALOGUE AND THAT'S WHY WE WANTED TO UPDATE YOU TODAY ON EVEN THIS THREE WEEKS WORTH OF WORK THAT WE'VE DONE, THE TEAM HAS REALLY PROGRESSED IT.

AND WE MADE SURE WE BROUGHT EVERYONE TOGETHER, INCLUDING THE CITY AND CAP METRO TO STEER THIS WORK PLAN TO MAKE SURE THAT IT'S WELL THOUGHT OUT SO WE CAN GET MOVING AND GET IT DONE.

SO WE'LL BE HERE.

AND I THINK TO ADD CHAIR TO YOUR COMMENT ABOUT THE DATA THAT WAS PRODUCED FROM, UM, ONE OF THE THINGS WE'RE REALLY CLEAR ABOUT ALL THE WORK THAT WE'VE DONE ON THE, ON THE VISION OF LIGHT RAIL, ALL THAT DATA IS GOING TO BE USED, WHETHER THAT'S COST ESTIMATE, PRELIMINARY ENGINEERING TO HELP INFORM.

SO WE DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK.

UM, THERE'S SOME NEW ENGINEERING THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN, BUT SOME OF THE ENGINEERING WORK, THE ASSESSMENT WORK CAN BE USED IN PIVOT IT TO SOME NEW THINGS THAT ARE BEING LOOKED AT.

SO WE WANT TO, UM, IT'S NOT A START OVER IT'S IT'S REPLICATING EFFORTS THAT WE'VE HAD AND USING THAT DATA THAT WE'VE, THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY GENERATED FROM OUR TEAMS THAT HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR TWO YEARS.

SO WE'RE, UH, WE'RE IN A GOOD POSITION TO, TO USE THAT EFFORT.

THANK YOU.

AND I APPRECIATE THE CADENCE ALSO OF ALL OF YOU GOING TO THE MOBILITY COMMISSION AS WELL, TOO, AS YOU PRESENT TO THIS BOARD AND YOU'RE GOING ON, YOU'RE DOING YOUR ROUNDS AROUND THE COMMUNITY, BECAUSE I THINK WHEN AN IMPORTANT DISCUSSION THAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING WITH OUR MOBILITY, UM, OFFICER WITH A NICO DAY, SHE WANTS TO ALSO HELP THE CD DEPARTMENTS BE PART OF THE SOLUTION AND THE

[00:55:01]

CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING.

SO REALLY HOW YOU ENGAGE WITH ALL OF THE CITY.

IT'S REALLY REMARKABLE TO, TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS THAT THEY HAVE IDEAS, RIGHT.

AND HELPING US SOLVE IT.

AND HOW CAN THEY BE PART OF THE, THE EQUATION AND, AND, UM, AND WITH OUR PARTNERS AT CAP METRO, YOU KNOW, MIDDLE EAST, WHEN THEY'RE GOING TO OPERATE IT, WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE IDEAS ON, ON BEST PRACTICES AS WELL.

SO ALL OF THIS ITERATION IS GOING TO TAKE A LOT OF TIME.

AND, UM, AND I THINK ONE THING I DID NOT SEE IN YOUR REPORT IS THAT I BELIEVE THERE WAS AN, A CELEBRATORY NOTE, UH, AN AWARD FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT THAT I BELIEVE, UH, HAPPENED THIS WEEK WITH LONNIE IS LONNIE LONNIE.

WHY DON'T YOU TELL US ABOUT IT? OKAY.

OKAY.

WAIT FOR THAT.

OKAY, PERFECT.

THAT WAS A TEASER.

OKAY, GREAT.

THANK YOU NEXT ONE NEXT MONTH, BUT WE'RE EXCITED AS WELL.

REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE DACA? OH, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THIS.

UM, I JUST ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP THAT DIALOGUE GOING WITH MOBILITY COMMITTEE, UM, AS OUR ASM P GOALS SORT OF CHANGE IN SHIFT IN RESPONSE TO MARKET CONDITIONS AND WHAT'S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD TODAY, UM, YOU KNOW, AS YOU APPROACH THIS WORK, EVERYTHING ELSE DOESN'T IS NOT HELD CONSTANT TO TODAY'S, UM, ACTIVITY AND LEVELS.

SO, UM, TO THE EXTENT THAT MOBILITY COMMITTEE CAN, CAN BE OF SERVICE TO YOU AND, AND THE REST OF THE ATD TEAM AND THE PROJECT CONNECT OFFICE, UM, WE'RE, WE'RE HERE TO SUPPORT ALL OF THAT.

GREAT.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU TEAM.

UM, SO NOW MOVING ON TO, UM, OUR FIRST ACTION ITEMS NOW, SO

[5.a. Approval of minutes from the July 20 Board Meeting]

I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW THE MEETING MINUTES BECAUSE OUR FIRST SECTION ITEM TODAY IS THE APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE JULY 20TH, 2022 AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING.

IF I CAN REQUEST THE MOTION AND A SECOND ON THIS ACTION ITEM, MOTION BY MAYOR ADLER.

SECOND BY MEMBER ELKINS, EVERYONE IN FAVOR, PLEASE SAY, AYE, AYE.

THE MINUTES